PDA

View Full Version : Rice whips Needville 42 - 6..

Specklebelly
11-02-2002, 12:11 AM
It should have been a shutout if not for a bad snap when Rice was trying to punt. Rice outgained Needville 398 to 72. The team is really looking sharp going into the playoffs. That loss to Sweeny could have been the best thing to happen to this team. It really seems it woke the kids up. Wharton next week and the winner wins district. I cant wait!

eye of the tiger
11-02-2002, 12:42 AM
Raiders looking good. Good luck against Wharton for district.

whtfbplaya
11-03-2002, 01:56 AM
If rice wins they will be co-champions with Wharton!

Pudlugger
11-03-2002, 10:42 AM
Specklebelly:
It should have been a shutout if not for a bad snap when Rice was trying to punt. Rice outgained Needville 398 to 72. The team is really looking sharp going into the playoffs. That loss to Sweeny could have been the best thing to happen to this team. It really seems it woke the kids up. Wharton next week and the winner wins district. I cant wait!Congrats to Rice Specklebelly! Wharton sounds like a salty bunch, big and fast. What is your take on the upcomming showdown? Folks have posted on here that Wharton is full of talent but lacks discipline. Is that so or have they pulled it together? :)

RiverRat19
11-03-2002, 01:51 PM
Rice has a good team and can play. Wharton has some very tough athletes and will give Rice a run. Should be a good matchup.
Wharton is not very disciplined but will still show up to play. Getting on them early might be the difference.

Specklebelly
11-03-2002, 03:23 PM
You are right Pudlugger, Wharton is full of talent but lacks discipline. Both teams are coming into this game with plenty of motivation though. Wharton is out to avenge the thrashing they took last year at the hands of Rice while the very young Raiders are out to get a share of another district championship in a year where we were supposed to be rebuilding. This game will be much different that last year. Last year we were bigger and stronger and came out and slapped Wharton around. They proceeded to roll over and let us walk all over them. This year they have the size and strength but we have the speed. Im not quite ready to make a pick on this game but I do expect a close contest.