PDA

View Full Version : Rules

mustang84
10-28-2009, 11:47 AM
How many of you guys knew it was legal for any player on the offense to carry the ball?

BaseballUmp
10-28-2009, 11:55 AM
the o-line can as long as the ball is not handed off to them as in a fumble or like in little giants the annexation of puerto rico lol right?

LE Dad
10-28-2009, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by mustang84
How many of you guys knew it was legal for any player on the offense to carry the ball? Oh yes, the rules are stricter now than what they were in the 80's. LE was notorious for using their guards as ball carriers, Fumblerouski is the comman term given to the play. Sometimes it was run 2-3 times a game. It gave teams problems probably why it is illegal now?:D

mustang84
10-28-2009, 12:38 PM
I have heard the rule stated different ways. First being that it is illegal and second that its legal if the lineman turns to face the other teams endzone then he is legal to cary ball.

LE Dad
10-28-2009, 12:50 PM
I have heard the rule stated different ways. First being that it is illegal and second that its legal if the lineman turns to face the other teams endzone then he is legal to cary ball. What I was told is that the play as it was run was illegal. Our players would crouch down facing the opponents endzone and the the ball would be placed between their legs. Once the action had passed the player would pick the ball up and advance it.

mustang84
10-28-2009, 12:57 PM
Well the refs told us last night at the game that anyone could carry the ball. I had a defensive coach right by me and say it was not legal.

GATAPride77
10-28-2009, 01:51 PM
From 7-1-6

b. A Team A player who is behind his scrimmage line may hand the ball forward to a teammate who was on his scrimmage line when the ball was snapped, provided that teammate left his line position by a movement of both feet that faced him toward his own end line and was at least two yards behind his scrimmage line when he received the ball (A.R. 7-1-6-I).

This is why on an "end a round" the end is actually lined up in the backfield and not on the LOS.

Anyone on the team can line up as a running back and take a "regular" handoff. Only restricted if you start from on the LOS as described in the rule above.

LE Dad
10-28-2009, 01:56 PM
Thats what I thought. Obviously written by a victim of such a play. :(

mustang84
10-28-2009, 02:20 PM
Well i saw it run three time last night and none of the things happen that should have to make it a legal play. Refs said doesnt matter anyone could carry the ball.

LE Dad
10-28-2009, 02:31 PM
Well i saw it run three time last night and none of the things happen that should have to make it a legal play. Refs said doesnt matter anyone could carry the ball. They were wrong. Believe me if it could be run LE would be running it. That play was 1 of the highlights of my playing days. I hate to see it go away.