PDA

View Full Version : District 2-3A Sweep Volleyball

garciap77
10-28-2009, 07:14 AM
Wylie closes out unbeaten 2-3A run.

The Wylie Lady Bull_dogs completed a District 2-3A sweep Tuesday, beat_ing Graham 25-23, 25-22, 25-8 on the road to finish the regular season 10-0 in league play. Wylie, which last year reached the Class 3A play_off s as the district’s third_place representative in its first varsity season, will enter the postseason as the 2-3A champion this year.
And coach LeAnn Thomsen said her team knew it could accomplish this goal. “At the end of the game, I just said what I always say, ‘I love y’all and I’m proud of y’all.’ There was no doubt in my mind that they could do it.” she said. “But that’s one of their strengths is that they really believe they can do it and they believe in each other.”
The Lady Bulldogs, who have gone 32-4 since starting the season 1-3, wasted little time grabbing momentum. Wylie grinded out a two-point win to take a lead after Game 1 and won another close one in Game 2 to take a two-sets-to-none advantage. And with the Graham on the ropes, the Lady Bull_dogs closed out the match convincingly, dispatching the Lady Blues 25-8 to wrap up the program’s first unde_feated district season.
Bailey Wilson led the Lady Bulldogs’ effort with 13 kills, nine digs and three aces, while setters Ali Hayes and Bradi Wilson combined for 28 assists.
“I was really proud of the way the girls came out tonight. They were intense from the time they stepped out on the court, and it showed,” Thomsen said. “Our offensive attack was just phenomenal. The setters did a good job of get_ting it to the right players at the right time and they really followed through on our game plan. I think that took Graham out of their offense.”
Wylie def. Graham 25-23, 25-22, 25-8
At Graham Wylie: Kills — Bailey Wilson 13, Natalie Davis 8, Allison Phillips 5. Digs — Ba. Wilson 9, Kelsey Browning 7, Bradi Wilson 6.
Assists — Ali Hayes 17, Br. Wilson 11. Blocks — Michelle Lytle 3, Kylie Jenkins 3. Aces — Miranda Gillum 4, Ba. Wilson 3, Br. Wilson 2.
Records — Wylie 33-7, 10-0; Gra_ham 7-3 in district

Congrats Wylie Girl's Volleyball Team 2-3A District Champs!:clap: :clap: :clap:

ccmom
10-28-2009, 09:21 AM
Woohoo!!!! :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

sportzman44
10-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Congratulations Wylie!! Yor girls played well.

I hope we get to meet again in the playoffs,I am not sure this would happen but it's still fun to think about.
Once again congratulations.

GO BROWNWOOD!!!!

BRfalconfan
10-28-2009, 10:48 PM
Congratz

TheDOCTORdre
10-28-2009, 10:49 PM
looking like Wylie should have the undefeated volleyball...too bad sweetwater will upset their bid at undefeated district champs:D ...jk congrats