PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer Projected Road

easttexas3a
10-28-2009, 02:22 AM
Just was playing around with the idea of how hard it will be for different teams to win a ring, looks like Gilmers will be very tough. I am predicting Jasper to win one of there last two games, and for athens to not make it in.

Gilmer vs. Jasper
Gilmer vs. Palestine
Gilmer vs. Navasota
Gilmer vs. Cuero
Gilmer vs. Abiline Wylie

As good as the buckeyes are that road looks brutal, and could get worse if Jasper cant win one of their last two.

Aesculus gilmus
10-28-2009, 06:55 AM
When did Cuero qualify for Division I? Did Gonzales already miss the playoffs?

I was thinking Sealy for that round.

old dragon
10-28-2009, 07:09 AM
Eastex I agree it looks to be tough,but to be the best you have to beat the best.That said,Go Buckeyes,you are the best!!!!!!!:inlove:

fumanchu
10-28-2009, 07:54 AM
Gonzales is eliminated- 0-fer.

dirtydan
10-28-2009, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by old dragon
Eastex I agree it looks to be tough,but to be the best you have to beat the best.That said,Go Buckeyes,you are the best!!!!!!!:inlove:

looks like we will be going south quite a bit. sfa and lufkin seems to be the best for us, unless we can get them up to tyler.

44INAROW
10-28-2009, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
When did Cuero qualify for Division I? Did Gonzales already miss the playoffs?

I was thinking Sealy for that round.
Gonzales hasn't won a district game this year. Cuero is the 2nd largest enrollement in D28.

sTx
10-28-2009, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
Just was playing around with the idea of how hard it will be for different teams to win a ring, looks like Gilmers will be very tough. I am predicting Jasper to win one of there last two games, and for athens to not make it in.

Gilmer vs. Jasper
Gilmer vs. Palestine
Gilmer vs. Navasota
Gilmer vs. Cuero<---
Gilmer vs. Abiline Wylie

As good as the buckeyes are that road looks brutal, and could get worse if Jasper cant win one of their last two.

Maybe Sealy???

Mojado
10-28-2009, 08:55 AM

Gilmer vs. Jasper
Gilmer vs. Palestine
Gilmer vs. Navasota
Gilmer vs. Cuero
Gilmer vs. Abiline Wylie

I think it looks like an easy ride till the Champ game... Week 1 will be yalls toughest(whoever it is). Yall will be 30-40 point favs weeks 2 and 3. I dissagree week 4 - Tigers beat Gobblers - It's the way nature intended it...but either way yall win by 21. Wylie will be a good game but yall win by 17.

It's my opinion just because the level of play vs anywhere else in the state at the 3A level is just plain higher. If Gilmer loses in any round it would be an upset in my mind... And I mean no disrespect to anyone in those other districts... Just my opinion.

snake_attack
10-28-2009, 09:05 AM

Gilmer vs. Jasper
Gilmer vs. Palestine
Gilmer vs. Navasota
Gilmer vs. Cuero
Gilmer vs. Abiline Wylie

Dont u mean...

Gilmer vs. Jasper
Gilmer vs. Palestine
Gilmer vs. Navasota
Gilmer vs. Marshall (Basketball) :D

waterboy
10-28-2009, 09:12 AM
Dang!:eek: It's alright to dream, but that's way ahead of what I was thinking...... I'm just concentrating on who it will be in the first round!:D

Aesculus gilmus
10-28-2009, 09:17 AM
I'll still go with the Tigers.

I don't see the Gobblers lasting beyond Thanksgiving. :D

I'm just joking, Cuero fans. I have no idea who should win between Sealy and Cuero. I have never seen a high school football game in that region of the state, so I have no frame of reference whatsoever. I assume you play by the same rules, but that would be where the similarities would end, I'd guess.

Bullaholic
10-28-2009, 09:32 AM

Gilmer vs. Jasper
Gilmer vs. Palestine
Gilmer vs. Navasota
Gilmer vs. Cuero
Gilmer vs. Abiline Wylie

Are you predicting Carthage is going DII? If not, a DI Gimer vs Carthage matchup would be the talk of East Texas if it happens.

Aesculus gilmus
10-28-2009, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Are you predicting Carthage is going DII? If not, a DI Gimer vs Carthage matchup would be the talk of East Texas if it happens.

Virtually NO chance of this happening. Just ask anyone from Jasper if you don't believe me.

JasperDog94
10-28-2009, 09:37 AM
Are you predicting Carthage is going DII? If not, a DI Gimer vs Carthage matchup would be the talk of East Texas if it happens. For that to happen Jasper would have to lose its last two games...and that ain't gonna happen.;)

rangerjoe33
10-28-2009, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Mojado
Wylie will be a good game but yall win by 17.

I think it will be much closer than 17...a toss up for sure but Wylie has a tougher regular season schedule and more big game experience. I would expect Sandifer to have those boys ready to go in the big game as always.

Makes no difference to me who wins IF they meet but I would say it comes down to a last minute score for either team to win the trophy.

Mojado
10-28-2009, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by rangerjoe33
I think it will be much closer than 17...a toss up for sure but Wylie has a tougher regular season schedule and more big game experience. I would expect Sandifer to have those boys ready to go in the big game as always.

Makes no difference to me who wins IF they meet but I would say it comes down to a last minute score for either team to win the trophy.

You're probably right, but it will be thier 2nd toughest game in the playoffs after round one....

lostaussie
10-28-2009, 09:56 AM

If we are fortunate enough to make it this far..............this prediction will not hold water. This would be a dogfight between what I believe to be the two best teams in the state. Lots of ball to be be played between now and then and none of it will be easy.............except for our last two district games:D

Bullaholic
10-28-2009, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
For that to happen Jasper would have to lose its last two games...and that ain't gonna happen.;)

O.k, I just haven't looked at the probable finish of D18 very hard--unlike you guys I don't have a dog in this hunt, but I do look forward to some great playoff games between some really good East Texas teams. Things are beginning to heat up in East Texas.

Mojado
10-28-2009, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
If we are fortunate enough to make it this far..............this prediction will not hold water. This would be a dogfight between what I believe to be the two best teams in the state. Lots of ball to be be played between now and then and none of it will be easy.............except for our last two district games:D

See above post... I can't hold water, I have a urinary poblem! Thanks for posting for all the forum to see!!!:D

waterboy
10-28-2009, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by rangerjoe33
.....and more big game experience......
I wouldn't say that. This Gilmer team has lots of playoff experience. There's a few on this team that played on the team that went to the finals in '07, and almost all of them went 4 games deep last year. The only real advantage I see that Wylie has is a tougher district....and that's about it. Well....., that,......and an easier road to finals......IF they make it....;) :D

GUNHO
10-28-2009, 10:06 AM
This thread reminds me of 2006.:D. Sorry,I just had to.:kiss:

LE Dad
10-28-2009, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by GUNHO
This thread reminds me of 2006.:D. Sorry,I just had to.:kiss: 2006:confused: :confused:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

:p

rangerjoe33
10-28-2009, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
I wouldn't say that. This Gilmer team has lots of playoff experience. There's a few on this team that played on the team that went to the finals in '07, and almost all of them went 4 games deep last year. The only real advantage I see that Wylie has is a tougher district....and that's about it. Well....., that,......and an easier road to finals......IF they make it....;) :D

You are right...I should have stated execution in big games...Gilmer always has a very good team, unfortunately they have not always performed as they are capable in those games. Like I said, I do not care who would win, and that goes for all participants in the playoffs, but Wylie has more skins IMO.

LE Dad
10-28-2009, 10:25 AM
Dang!:eek: It's alright to dream, but that's way ahead of what I was thinking...... I'm just concentrating on who it will be in the first round!:D :D Yeah thats a nice chart, but by week2 it will all blown to hell. I can't think of 1 year that every team that was "supposed" to make it, made it. :thinking:

:clap: :clap: Waterboy is right 1 game at a time cause if you don't win 1 there won't be a 2.:cool:

LE Dad
10-28-2009, 10:31 AM
If we are fortunate enough to make it this far..............this prediction will not hold water. This would be a dogfight between what I believe to be the two best teams in the state. Lots of ball to be be played between now and then and none of it will be easy.............except for our last two district games:D Excellent Post :clap: :clap:

tdsteele
10-28-2009, 10:36 AM
According to the Massey ratings Gilmer's schedule ranked 13 and Wylie's 15. Don't think that really means anything except that the Massey computer thinks Gilmer's schedule was tougher than Rangerjoe33 thinks it was.

Pendragon13
10-28-2009, 10:36 AM
As a Wylie fan...I refuse to look that far ahead. First we have to take care of business in Graham and then worry about what comes next. I will admit that I do like your scenario though..;)

waterboy
10-28-2009, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by GUNHO
This thread reminds me of 2006.:D. Sorry,I just had to.:kiss:
I wasn't around here then, but I will tell you that I knew that team would be in trouble if somebody held them under 40 points. I was telling my brother on the way to that game that Gilmer would get beat if somebody could hold them under 40. That team did not have a very good defense at all. This year is a little different.....;) That's all I've got to say about that.....:D

Buckeye1980
10-28-2009, 11:11 AM
Call me old fashioned, but I am not lookin past Gladewater.....I know what should happen, gut what should happen , does not always happen

rangerjoe33
10-28-2009, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by tdsteele
According to the Massey ratings Gilmer's schedule ranked 13 and Wylie's 15. Don't think that really means anything except that the Massey computer thinks Gilmer's schedule was tougher than Rangerjoe33 thinks it was.

Exactly, although I would put more stock in Massey's than my own...at least theirs has a method to the madness whereas mine is simply an opinion, but it doesn't smell that bad does it?

Ultimately all I said was it would be closer than 17...it's a pick'em if it happens. I respect both programs/coaches a great deal...

LE Dad
10-28-2009, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
Call me old fashioned, but I am not lookin past Gladewater.....I know what should happen, gut what should happen , does not always happen I think you are a smart man. From what little I have seen of the Bears, they appear to be the surprise of the district, and I suspect they will be fired up for the Buckeyes.:cool:

HEMOTOXIC
10-28-2009, 12:30 PM
I think it looks like an easy ride till the Champ game... Week 1 will be yalls toughest(whoever it is). Yall will be 30-40 point favs weeks 2 and 3.

I seriously doubt that. :doh:

alaskacat
10-28-2009, 12:39 PM
Well my own opinion doesn't mean much but....From years past to me it seems if someone can put pressure on Gilmer in the big games and get them out of their comfort zone, they will inevitably choke.

Mojado
10-28-2009, 12:50 PM
Call me old fashioned, but I am not lookin past Gladewater.....I know what should happen, gut what should happen , does not always happen

Ok. Agreed. But isn't this the reason for forums like this. For washed up sideline Qb's or Neverhadplayedbutmyboysontheteam men and women to dream of the future and predict by opinion?

I thought yall let the coaches and players concentrate week to week while all others could talk trash about the future. I read a thread in august on D25...20 pages of how it was gonna end up. Relax, have fun and laugh at Leach...

Mojado
10-28-2009, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
I seriously doubt that. :doh:

That's cool...:thumbsup: But Gilmer is way outa yalls league... Just an opinion... Not bashing... Good luck though

LE Dad
10-28-2009, 01:02 PM
I thought yall let the coaches and players concentrate week to week while all others could talk trash about the future. Really, you and the future :confused: :confused:

Thats just **... **... **... funny. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mojado
10-28-2009, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Really, you and the future :confused: :confused:

Thats just **... **... **... funny. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I don't get it??? Get back to the banjo Dad...

HEMOTOXIC
10-28-2009, 01:09 PM
That's cool...:thumbsup: But Gilmer is way outa yalls league... Just an opinion... Not bashing... Good luck though

Ok, we have been hearing that story for some time. Liberty Hill, La Vega, Jasper, etc...That '07 LH team was the only team to stomp that Rattlers. Heck, they stomped everyone.

LE Dad
I don't get it???

That is..............................

Obvious :doh: :thinking: :rolleyes:

Daddy D 11
If Carthage and Gilmer meet in round 1, Carthage will stomp them.

Mojado
10-28-2009, 01:14 PM
That is..............................

Obvious :doh: :thinking: :rolleyes:

LOL... I get it!!! :D :D :D

LE Dad
10-28-2009, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
If Carthage and Gilmer meet in round 1, Carthage will stomp them. Just don't see Jasper not making playoffs. Either way I will be there to watch that Rd 1 game. :D

Aesculus gilmus
10-28-2009, 01:17 PM
Just don't see Jasper not making playoffs. Either way I will be there to watch that Rd 1 game. :D

That's just wrong for your district to have a bye into the second round, though. Maybe Gilmer can join that district next season and also become bi-district slackers.

waterboy
10-28-2009, 01:32 PM
Hahaha........AIN'T gonna happen! "IF" Carthage and Gilmer meet, the Buckeyes will BEAT Carthage. That's one thing you CAN take to the bank.;) Somebody else may very well beat us, but it will NOT be Carthage....:p I know you don't understand, but Traylor will not let that happen and he has the team to back that up this year.......;)

Too bad it won't be LH! They would get stomped by the Buckeyes, too!:D

LE Dad
10-28-2009, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
That's just wrong for your district to have a bye into the second round, though. Maybe Gilmer can join that district next season and also become bi-district slackers. I think the UIL likes LE. Lol :D

Northeast and East Texas are defiantlygoing to get tossed around this time. Who knows what they will come up with. :confused:

oldtownag
10-28-2009, 01:53 PM
Hahaha........AIN'T gonna happen! "IF" Carthage and Gilmer meet, the Buckeyes will BEAT Carthage. That's one thing you CAN take to the bank.;) Somebody else may very well beat us, but it will NOT be Carthage....:p I know you don't understand, but Traylor will not let that happen and he has the team to back that up this year.......;)

Not so fast there Buckeye! Are you saying Gilmer overlooked Carthage last year? Are you saying your Coach didn't try to win that game? The way I remember the score was much closer than the contest. I also remember a bunch of Buckeyes leaving the stadium saying Carthage was the better team. I also know that Carthage has been good and is getting better every week. You best just hope the Carthage Gilmer matchup doesn't happen because it would be a shame for either team to get eliminated in week 1.

GUNHO
10-28-2009, 02:15 PM
I wasn't around here then, but I will tell you that I knew that team would be in trouble if somebody held them under 40 points. I was telling my brother on the way to that game that Gilmer would get beat if somebody could hold them under 40. That team did not have a very good defense at all. This year is a little different.....;) That's all I've got to say about that.....:D

Spoken like a true fan.:cool:

waterboy
10-28-2009, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
Not so fast there Buckeye! Are you saying Gilmer overlooked Carthage last year? Are you saying your Coach didn't try to win that game? The way I remember the score was much closer than the contest. I also remember a bunch of Buckeyes leaving the stadium saying Carthage was the better team. I also know that Carthage has been good and is getting better every week. You best just hope the Carthage Gilmer matchup doesn't happen because it would be a shame for either team to get eliminated in week 1.
No. Gilmer did not overlook Carthage last year, and yes, of course we tried to win.....duh...:D Y'all were definitely the better team LAST year. I was definitely one of those folks that said that Carthage was the better team, and that they deserved to move on. Carthage is not the only team that is getting better each week, either. While it would be a shame for either team to have to lose to the other on their way to a possible championship, I don't have any qualms in saying that I would just LOVE to see a rematch. That's just the way we Buckeyes think......we want to beat the best so that there won't be any question afterward. If Carthage won again, which I personally don't think they would, I would be the FIRST person to wish the 'Dawgs luck afterward. It's all probably moot now anyway, because I seriously doubt they'll be in the same division......which, in my opinion, would be a shame if both won championships, and we didn't get to find out who was really the best team THIS year..........but I digress.....:thinking:

lostaussie
10-28-2009, 03:28 PM
If Carthage and Gilmer meet in round 1, Carthage will stomp them. I don't know why we keep throwing this out there. Jasper WILL make the playoffs..........end of conversation. And by the way, Gilmer may not win a state championship, but I promise you, the Buckeyes won't be stomped by ANYBODY!!!!!

lostaussie
10-28-2009, 03:32 PM
I don't know why we keep throwing this out there. Jasper WILL make the playoffs..........end of conversation. And by the way, Gilmer may not win a state championship, but I promise you, the Buckeyes won't be stomped by ANYBODY!!!!! I hope nobody read this before I fixed it:D

CueroDad08
10-28-2009, 04:05 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
[B]I'll still go with the Tigers.

I don't see the Gobblers lasting beyond Thanksgiving. :D

I'm just joking, Cuero fans. I have no idea who should win between Sealy and Cuero. I have never seen a high school football game in that region of the state, so I have no frame of reference whatsoever. I assume you play by the same rules, but that would be where the similarities would end, I'd guess. [/B

Let's see, If I remeamber this right. Cuero and Sealy met last year in the second round. 56-24 Gobblers , I know it's a new year. But ONLY one year. I am pretty sure the Gobblers can hold there own again if the Tigers and Gobblers do happen to meet.

Daddy D 11
10-28-2009, 04:07 PM

I knew I could pull you outta the wood work:devil:

38:D -13:doh:

waterboy
10-28-2009, 04:47 PM
I knew I could pull you outta the wood work:devil:

38:D -13:doh:
:mad: That was then! This is now!:mad: I wanna rematch! At least y'all won't see us this year, or that score would definitely be reversed!:D

easttexas3a
10-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Well this got everyone riled up :)

The gilmer buckeyes arnt looking ahead, they have taken care of business all year long and dont see them overlookinganyone. The team is senior lead big time this year and will stay focused.

However as a fan, and more importantly a fan who doesnt go to all there games, who didnt graduate there, and does not have a child going to school there I figured I could look ahead.

I think Jasper wins against rus and center, and will be a tough rematch in round 1, Palestine will win their district and has been playing good and might be a darkhorse, NAvasota should be very veyr good with only one blemish on their record, and Cuero is always good and always seems to be there near the end, and of Course Wylie looks to have one of if not the best team in the state.

And just for your information I would love for Gilmer to play carthage round 1, Carthage is not the team they were last year.

oldtownag
10-28-2009, 05:55 PM
Carthage is not the team they were last year.

Carthage is not as good in some area's and better in others. Are you saying Gilmer is better in all aspects of the game?

Most would agree that Carthage has played better teams, has had some close calls, and is battle tested. Unless they play and lose we can only speculate on who would win.

Besides 2 possible 3A championships in East Texas might be nice too.

Aesculus gilmus
10-28-2009, 06:26 PM
I'll say it. 2009 Gilmer IS better in all aspects of the game than 2008 Gilmer.

There's only one possible weakness and that's because they hardly ever do it — punting.

If our coach is true to form, he'll go for it on fourth down anywhere outside his own 40 or so anyhow, sometimes even closer in to the red zone than that, depending upon game circumstances.

easttexas3a
10-28-2009, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
Carthage is not as good in some area's and better in others. Are you saying Gilmer is better in all aspects of the game?

Most would agree that Carthage has played better teams, has had some close calls, and is battle tested. Unless they play and lose we can only speculate on who would win.

Besides 2 possible 3A championships in East Texas might be nice too.

You are correct, unless they play it is all speculation. And thats not going to happen unfortunately because Jasper will make it in easily.

Gilmer is better at every position then last year. No doubt in my mind.

lulu
10-28-2009, 08:15 PM

OOOOhhhh Waterboy ,,,,,,you're gonna catch it now.

WOS87
10-28-2009, 09:50 PM
This thread is a potential GOLD MINE for crow eating in a couple of months!!

:devil:

All I'll say is...

China Spring 31, Waco La Vega 28 - 2007 Quarters

Hondo 42, Defending State Champ Wimberley 35 - 2006 Quarters

Liberty-Eylau 39, "Unstoppable" Gilmer 36 - 2005 Bi-District

ANYTHING can happen in the playoffs!

:1popcorn:

Rabid Cougar
10-28-2009, 11:16 PM
Why not just give them the ring now and save everyone a lot of time and expenses. Heck go ahead and give them the Rose Bowl Trophy, MNC Trophy and the Lombardi Trophy while we are at it.
So much potential!

lostaussie
10-29-2009, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by WOS87

i have yet to see a post promising a state championship. This is mearly a POTENTIAL list. we could do this for anyone entering the playoffs:doh:

Aesculus gilmus
10-29-2009, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by WOS87

Liberty-Eylau 39, "Unstoppable" Gilmer 36 - 2005 Bi-District

ANYTHING can happen in the playoffs!

:1popcorn:

That was in 2006.

In 2005, Canton eliminated Gilmer in the Area round, 61-58.

Mcguirk
10-29-2009, 08:02 AM

I'm not projecting anything that far out yet, but Wylie is playing really good football this year, and I don't think they have hit their stride yet. And last time Gilmer/Wylie played it was a slobber knocking game, decided in the last couple of minutes. I know that doesn't mean anything a couple of years later, but I think AW will be ready if they are lucky enough to make it that far. No matter who they play.

lostaussie
10-29-2009, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Mcguirk

I'm not projecting anything that far out yet, but Wylie is playing really good football this year, and I don't think they have hit their stride yet. And last time Gilmer/Wylie played it was a slobber knocking game, decided in the last couple of minutes. I know that doesn't mean anything a couple of years later, but I think AW will be ready if they are lucky enough to make it that far. No matter who they play. i hope you saw that was not posted by a Gilmerite:D

Mojado
10-29-2009, 09:41 AM
i hope you saw that was not posted by a Gilmerite:D

It was my unbiased opinion and from what I've read after that... Completely off!!!

:D

Good luck to both teams and stay healthy!!!

Bullaholic
10-29-2009, 10:21 AM
O.k.--I said I wasn't going to post this, but here goes, anyhow.....
Why does Gilmer feel like they have to score 70pts. on everybody? I know you Gilmer folks are tired of answering this, but here we go one more time---I haven't read any of the other posts on this and I'm not trying to create controversy. But flame away anyhow..........:D

Buckeye1980
10-29-2009, 10:29 AM
O.k.--I said I wasn't going to post this, but here goes, anyhow.....
Why does Gilmer feel like they have to score 70pts. on everybody? I know you Gilmer folks are tired of answering this, but here we go one more time---I haven't read any of the other posts on this and I'm not trying to create controversy. But flame away anyhow..........:D

I did not we felt that way because if we did we could have done it more this year than we have ...against Spring Hill the clock ran the whole second half , as well as Chapel Hill. If all we wanted to do was score , jus refuse to run clock, cause BOTH coaches have to agree. We scored over 70 on Rains when their coach REFUSED to run clock and our offense only ran about 20 total plays. Special teams and defense scored 28 points ...so should we tell our team not to give 100%?

Bullaholic
10-29-2009, 10:41 AM
I did not we felt that way because if we did we could have done it more this year than we have ...against Spring Hill the clock ran the whole second half , as well as Chapel Hill. If all we wanted to do was score , jus refuse to run clock, cause BOTH coaches have to agree. We scored over 70 on Rains when their coach REFUSED to run clock and our offense only ran about 20 total plays. Special teams and defense scored 28 plays ...so should we tell our team not to give 100%?

Buckeye, all the things you say are no doubt true, but the fact is that not many other teams consistently run the score to 70, so Gilmer gets to answer the question of "Why?" What it boils down to is whether or not there is the perception that Gilmer wants to score 70 to impress, or it just happens because they are blessed with so many good players clear down to 3rd string.

lostaussie
10-29-2009, 10:52 AM
or it just happens because they are blessed with so many good players clear down to 3rd string. maybe you hit the nail on the head.............do you think we won't continue to be this good next year:thinking: I can't wait for the rest of Texas to see our backup QB next year!!! It's gonna be awesome:D

Bullaholic
10-29-2009, 11:02 AM
maybe you hit the nail on the head.............do you think we won't continue to be this good next year:thinking: I can't wait for the rest of Texas to see our backup QB next year!!! It's gonna be awesome:D

I know, aussie, you guys have had a deep well of talent for a long time and I sincerely hope it continues. But, if you do happen to get a really down year, I think there are going to be some teams who will not stop at 70 if they get the chance.

pirate4state
10-29-2009, 11:04 AM
I love it that Gilmer scores 70 points each game! I wish we could score 70 points!

I wouldn't give a rat's ass what anyone else thought. Yall are just jealous your team can't do it!

Bullaholic
10-29-2009, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I love it that Gilmer scores 70 points each game! I wish we could score 70 points!

I wouldn't give a rat's ass what anyone else thought. Yall are just jealous your team can't do it!

There ain't no y'all---yet--in this discussion, just me so far asking what I feel is legitimate question for my own, and hopefully others, edification. Gilmer certainly owes no one an explanation or justification for having a great football team.

Wait til' I get my "stick" going up on the Sinton-Ingleside thread, lady....paybacks are rough even for a Super Mean Girl--:D

pirate4state
10-29-2009, 11:12 AM
There ain't no y'all---yet--in this discussion, just me so far asking what I feel is legitimate question for my own, and hopefully others, edification. Gilmer certainly owes no one an explanation or justification for having a great football team.

Wait til' I get my "stick" going up on the Sinton-Ingleside thread, lady....paybacks are rough even for a Super Mean Girl--:D Well my friend, you may be the only one asking in THIS thread, but I promise you this question has been asked before! And I know it hacks people off that they score that many points, but like I said.... I LOVE IT! {said in TO fashion} :inlove:

Bullaholic
10-29-2009, 11:22 AM
Well my friend, you may be the only one asking in THIS thread, but I promise you this question has been asked before! And I know it hacks people off that they score that many points, but like I said.... I LOVE IT! {said in TO fashion} :inlove:

Again, I don't get around much, and I wanted to hear from some of the Gilmer posters on here on this question, if they even care to address it. BTW--contrary to what you might be thinking---I am not one of those who is hacked off by Gilmer scoring 70, I just saw an opportunity to ask the question in a straight-up manner hoping to get some good football discussion on it without anyone being offended.

Bullaholic
10-29-2009, 11:24 AM
Again, I don't get around much, and I wanted to hear from some of the Gilmer posters on here on this question, if they even care to address it. BTW--contrary to what you might be thinking---I am not one of those who is hacked off by Gilmer scoring 70, I just saw an opportunity to ask the question in a straight-up manner hoping to get some good football discussion on it without anyone being offended.

I doubled up---nm.

BTW---Get back in the kitchen, P4S. :D

pirate4state
10-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Again, I don't get around much, and I wanted to hear from some of the Gilmer posters on here on this question, if they even care to address it. BTW--contrary to what you might be thinking---I am not one of those who is hacked off by Gilmer scoring 70, I just saw an opportunity to ask the question in a straight-up manner hoping to get some good football discussion on it without anyone being offended. Who took offense? :confused: I'm glad it doesn't hack you off. That would just be silly. :)

I don't feel like cooking right now Bull, but I do have a doctors appointment so everyone can enjoy their boring afternoon without me! :D

Bullaholic
10-29-2009, 11:49 AM
Who took offense? :confused: I'm glad it doesn't hack you off. That would just be silly. :)

I don't feel like cooking right now Bull, but I do have a doctors appointment so everyone can enjoy their boring afternoon without me! :D

Dang---I was looking forward to some of those chicken enchiladas.

BTW---Tell the doctor you still have plenty of "nasty" pills. :D

pirate4state
10-29-2009, 11:52 AM
Dang---I was looking forward to some of those chicken enchiladas.

BTW---Tell the doctor you still have plenty of "nasty" pills. :D

There is no cure for "Super Mean Girl", besides what fun would it be if I were nice? :hand:

LE Dad
10-29-2009, 12:02 PM
The question is not so much why Gilmer scores 70, but why teams let them score 70. If you get into a passing contest with Gilmer the odds are good that a lot of points are going up on the board because of all of the clock stoppages. If your passing game sucks then yeah look for 70.
Same for poor running teams. Change of possession stops clock and will give Gilmer short field, again 70. Poor defense, yep there is 70 more.
LE has played Gilmer 4 times and I believe every game has been within 3 scores and never has Gilmer scored 70.

Just my view from across the field. I have nothing but respect for the Buckeyes:clap: :clap:

Superbacker 00'
10-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Black horse rattlers are dream crashers and should not be expected to be beat and are ready to play any team in their way just line up and hike the ball

Buckeye1980
10-29-2009, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Superbacker 00'
Black horse rattlers are dream crashers and should not be expected to be beat and are ready to play any team in their way just line up and hike the ball

huh?

LE Dad
10-29-2009, 01:35 PM
huh? I thought maybe it was some code maybe the Buckeyes were supposed to understand :confused: :confused:

N4SIR
10-29-2009, 02:57 PM
I drove from Gilmer this past Friday night and watched Carthage at Jasper. I realize every week is a new game but from what I saw last Friday night you could have taken the best players from each team and put them up against Gilmer and the Buckeyes would have beat them by 40 points. Neither team looked impressive, in fact, Jasper looked pathetic -- especially in the second half. Carthage is nowhere near the team they were last year and would easily be beaten by the Buckeyes should they happen to meet in the playoffs. The 3 players on the Carthage team that caught my eye and played pretty good were 71 defensive guard, 80 linebacker and the offensive tight end 85. The QB threw to 85 most every time. I saw absolutley no running attack from the Carthage offense and the QB was less than average. So I have seen Carthage, Jasper and Gilmer play at least one game each this year. Gilmer is head and shoulders above the other two. Bring it on.

Bullaholic
10-29-2009, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by N4SIR
I drove from Gilmer this past Friday night and watched Carthage at Jasper. I realize every week is a new game but from what I saw last Friday night you could have taken the best players from each team and put them up against Gilmer and the Buckeyes would have beat them by 40 points. Neither team looked impressive, in fact, Jasper looked pathetic -- especially in the second half. Carthage is nowhere near the team they were last year and would easily be beaten by the Buckeyes should they happen to meet in the playoffs. The 3 players on the Carthage team that caught my eye and played pretty good were 71 defensive guard, 80 linebacker and the offensive tight end 85. The QB threw to 85 most every time. I saw absolutley no running attack from the Carthage offense and the QB was less than average. So I have seen Carthage, Jasper and Gilmer play at least one game each this year. Gilmer is head and shoulders above the other two. Bring it on.

I am anxious to see what Gilmer does when they get in a game against a team with a lot of talent and discipline that executes and tackles well and comes out and hits them in the mouth from the buzzer. Not wishing anything bad on Gilmer, I would just like to see how they react against somebody that matches up well against them. Of course, there is the possibility that no such team can do this this season, in which case Gilmer continues their march thru 3A to the title.

lostaussie
10-29-2009, 03:59 PM
I am anxious to see what Gilmer does when they get in a game against a team with a lot of talent and discipline that executes and tackles well and comes out and hits them in the mouth from the buzzer. Not wishing anything bad on Gilmer, I would just like to see how they react against somebody that matches up well against them. Of course, there is the possibility that no such team can do this this season, in which case Gilmer continues their march thru 3A to the title. :thinking: please see Jasper/LE/Daingerfield/Kilgore..........I understand these aren't the cream of the crop but they are all pretty dang good. Kilgore has the talent, they are just very young. Daingerfield could beat 95% of all 3A teams this year.

Buckeye1980
10-29-2009, 04:15 PM
:iagree: :iagree:

Bullaholic
10-29-2009, 04:26 PM
I don't think I have expressed myself correctly on this one, and I'm not trying to say you Gilmer guys just don't understand what I am trying to discuss because you are not intelligent and trying---it is strictly my fault----so I think I am going to just shut up until I can better organize my thoughts. :D

Powwow
10-29-2009, 04:50 PM
:thinking: please see Jasper/LE/Daingerfield/Kilgore..........I understand these aren't the cream of the crop but they are all pretty dang good. Kilgore has the talent, they are just very young. Daingerfield could beat 95% of all 3A teams this year.

I must agree about LE. They had Gilmer on their heels for until the beginning of the 3rd qtr. Had the Leopards were the only team that lead Gilmer at the half this year. They pretty much handed the Buckeyes the game because you can fumble and make stupid mistakes against a team as good as they are. I believe that LE could have beat them that night if they didn't stink up the place after the half. It just broke their spirit and they stopped playing. That is why Gilmer is championship quality. THE NEVER QUIT. I wish them all the luck in the world and I hope and pray that they go D2!!:D

slingshot
10-29-2009, 05:08 PM
I am anxious to see what Gilmer does when they get in a game against a team with a lot of talent and discipline that executes and tackles well and comes out and hits them in the mouth from the buzzer... Oh, I know of one that fits the bill... ;)

waterboy
10-29-2009, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Powwow
I must agree about LE. They had Gilmer on their heels for until the beginning of the 3rd qtr. Had the Leopards were the only team that lead Gilmer at the half this year. They pretty much handed the Buckeyes the game because you can fumble and make stupid mistakes against a team as good as they are. I believe that LE could have beat them that night if they didn't stink up the place after the half. It just broke their spirit and they stopped playing. That is why Gilmer is championship quality. THE NEVER QUIT. I wish them all the luck in the world and I hope and pray that they go D2!!:D
We appreciate the support.:clap: The only thing is Gilmer will not got D2, unless Chapel Hill somehow gets in.....which it doesn't look good for them at 0-3 in district. Look on the bright side, though, if LE does play Gilmer again this year it would HAVE to be in the championship game.:thumbsup: There's still a whole bunch of teams ready to knock each team out of contention, so we'll have to play them one-at-a-time and see how that works out. There's definitely NO guarantees for either team at this point!

BTW, there's a whole lot to be said about execution. That's exactly why Gilmer wins as many games as they do.;)

N4SIR
10-29-2009, 05:58 PM
BTW, there's a whole lot to be said about execution. That's exactly why Gilmer wins as many games as they do.;) Between the Buckeye's execution and echoing what Powwow said -- THEY NEVER QUIT, that really makes them a formidable oppenent. Even going back to last years loss against Carthage, they fought to the bitter end. With less than a minute left to go they had a chance to tie it up or win it until Stump through the interception.

Mcguirk
10-29-2009, 07:31 PM
I guess what I'm wondering bout the whole "70" thing and Gilmer, is who is scoring all the points. 1st. 2nd,3rd string? Not knocking them because it really doesn't effect me one way or the other.
I remember Gilmer being very talented (I see one of their exes playing every sat fot UT) and aggressive. If I remember correctly they rarely ever punt, always going for it on 4th down. But when your up by 28+ points do they sub in mass, mix 1st 2nd & 3rd strings together or leave the 1st team in the whole game?
Another question I had is who y'all play. I don't know the make up of E Texas teams size wise (UIL). Wylie usually plays a few 4A teams and travels far to play good 3A teams (LaVega, Wimberly, Canyon all 300+ mile round trips). Do you have some 4a teams that refuse to play you?
Like I said I'm not knocking, or looking for justification just curious. 70 points is 10 touchdowns a game and close to 6 man scores. :cool:

oldtownag
10-29-2009, 08:55 PM
Carthage played 4 - 4A teams this year before district play began. It does looks like Gilmer could schedule better competition.

poisoned10
10-29-2009, 09:09 PM
Gilmer rotates several kids in all the time during the game. And I do mean a lot.

So far, there have been 10 different kids score a receiving TD and there have been 10 different kids to score rushing TD's. The current #4 RB, Jeremy Jackson, was our starter last year. I'm not sure why exactly he was bumped down, but he was.

Here are a few stats from our main contributors through the year. *Note: These stats may or may not be completely accurate and/or up-to-date.

Passing:

Darian Godfrey - 145 of 201, 72%, 2075 yards/259.4 per game, 26 TD's, 3 INT's

Rushing:

Vance Green - 46 car., 618 yards, 6 TD's
Jeremy Jackson - 37 car., 283 yards, 1 TD
Darian Godfrey - 66 car., 268 yards, 10 TD's
Marlon Granville - 23 car., 185 yards, 3 TD's
Gus Osbourn - 13 car., 108 yards, 3 TD's

Receiving:

Luke Turner - 24 rec., 266 yards, 4 TD's
Tristan Holt - 21 rec., 496 yards, 7 TD's
Braylon Webb - 19 rec., 222 yards, 4 TD's
Tevin Godfrey - 15 rec., 280 yards, 3 TD's
Kedon Franklin - 12 rec., 181 yards, 2 TD's
Ben Griffith - 11 rec., 157 yards, 2 TD's
Vance Green - 11 rec., 141 yards, 1 TD
Marlon Granville - 9 rec., 137 yards, 1 TD

dirtydan
10-29-2009, 09:33 PM
anybody have a clue as to where the playoffs for D1 might be.
SFA, lufkin, tyler or bruce fld athens. i'm sure there's some talk going on with jasper for the 1st one, then the 2nd might move farther west towards athens.

easttexas3a
10-29-2009, 09:44 PM
Dirty, if we play Jasper I would bet it will be at SFA again. Chapel Hill might still make it in though, so you never know. I just have a feeling we will be back at SFA round 1.

I just want to qualify this was a thread talking about Gilmers road to a state ring, not about how we were gonna win a state ring. I just wanted to look at possible opponets, and how tough it would be to run the table.

And about Gilmer scoring 70........

Firstly, The best opponets we have played were Daingerfield, LE, Kilgore, and Jasper. The district has no real good teams, all will more then liekly be one and done, Chapel Hill last year had a pretty good team but a coaching change and the loss of a D1 rb have put them back to be very average, Spring Hill hasnt been real good in 4-5 years, and Tatum for whatever reason just cant give us a good game, I think they are a big dissapoitment so far this year considering they brought a ton of people back.

So lack of "great" competition, and the high octane offense, and the fact that we are prolly 2 deep and 90% of the positions.

Btw, just to throw it out there. I would love for Gilmer next year to pick up some slightly different opponets. My pre district would look something more like this if the district is as weak again.

Sulphur Springs
Daingerfield
Carthage
Palestine
Lindale

Mcguirk
10-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I kove the playoffs because we can watch programs we normally would never see. Good luck!