PDA

View Full Version : Gainsville's new stadium

orange machine
10-27-2009, 06:32 PM
Anybody know what the stadium will look like, i heard that it is only going to seat 3,700 people. I think that is a little small for a 3a school as big as Gainsville.

Keith7
10-27-2009, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Anybody know what the stadium will look like, i heard that it is only going to seat 3,700 people. I think that is a little small for a 3a school as big as Gainsville.

It prolly won't be all that special, it took forever just to get the thing passed. I guess anything will be an upgrade over what Leeper Stadium has become though. Field turf will be nice finally but I'll miss the old mud bowls

firstdown
10-27-2009, 06:38 PM
Is it safe to assume that it will be at the new school?

orange machine
10-27-2009, 06:40 PM
I cant figure out why you would build a stadium that small unless they are going to build like Van Alstyne they built there home side very tall and can now add more bleachers on each side as they grow. I would bet thats what Gainsville is doing also.

Keith7
10-27-2009, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by firstdown
Is it safe to assume that it will be at the new school?

yea it's at the new school.. When they first voted for the bonds for a new school they failed miserably because the plans for the school included a big new stadium, new baseball and softball fields, and a new gym. The older generation in the community didn't want to spend the money on athletics. So they stripped all that stuff from the plans (except the gym) and revoted with the idea that they would eventually add all that other stuff slowly but surely (thats why they are still playing at Leeper).

The only way to make sure this stadium got passed with out a public outroar was to make it as bare-bones as possible. Leeper stadium is estimated to hold roughly 6,000 people and I have never seen it full so 3,700 might not be too bad. I'm willing to bet they leave room for expansion in the future too but they can't have anything too big for now. I imagine the stadium will look similar to what Sanger's does

orange machine
10-27-2009, 06:59 PM
Actually it will be bigger than Sangers. Sangers seats 2500, i said Van Alstyne because there stadium holds 3500 and it looks alot like T.A. Cotton Ford stadium in Greenville.

cshscougar08
10-27-2009, 07:51 PM
There isn't a ton of room where they are putting it by the new school. Drive past it every time between Waco and Norman. Where they have the lights set up for it, it's gonna be very small.