PDA

View Full Version : Another crazy night in RM's world

Ranger Mom
10-26-2009, 10:40 PM
I went to my dad's earlier and he was going to show me and my daughter some work he had been doing on his land....he has 15 acres and it was dark so he took a big spotlight with him.

We parked in the middle of his property and took off on foot. All the sudden I heard hoofbeats and looked around and it was a huge white llama and he was PISSED!!!!!

My dad told us to get behind him and he was trying to beat him off with his spotlight....the llama just kept circling us and we looked ridiculous just going around in circles...I was behind my dad and my daughter was behind me.

I finally told Ashton to RUN when the truck was behind us and the llama on the other side..we hi-tailed it to the truck and left my dad out there fighting the darn thing.

When he got back to his truck the darn thing just stood in the road like he was daring us to come further!!

It didn't even dawn on me that it was funny, until we got back and started talking about it and my dad said...."did you notice how buck teeth he was?" We just died laughing...because he WAS extremely bucktoothed.

That will probably be the first and last time I am stalked by a buck toothed llama!!http://www.coolbuddy.com/icon/smiley/sm_bucktooth_st.gif

SHSBulldog00
10-26-2009, 10:45 PM
:D

ccmom
10-27-2009, 09:28 AM
Hilarious!:D

Bullaholic
10-27-2009, 09:59 AM
I got a dandy comment about one of the lines in RM's story, but I don't dare---I've got a pretty good idea why that llama was so mad, though....:D

ASUFrisbeeStud
10-27-2009, 10:36 PM
Llama are dangerous, anyone from Sweetwater remember a teacher that had been attacked by one?

SintonFan
10-27-2009, 11:27 PM
lol
A dilly-dally llama...
maybe not.:D

lulu
10-28-2009, 06:50 AM
RM you need to be careful......those things are mean.
Poor Dad,,,,just left him hanging:helpme: I hope he moves fast.

Ranger Mom
10-28-2009, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by lulu
RM you need to be careful......those things are mean.
Poor Dad,,,,just left him hanging:helpme: I hope he moves fast.

He's pretty darn agile for a 70 y/o man!!:D

There were actually 2 out there, but the smaller one was scared of us.

Evidently, they belong to the neighbors, but decided they like dad's "back 40" better!!

Ranger Mom
04-12-2010, 03:33 PM
This llama attacked my dad a couple of weeks ago. My dad thought he was a goner!!!

He ended up being bit four times. Once on the wrist, upper arm, back and ear.

His cartilage was separated from his rib cage...it took him about 5 minutes to get out from underneath the llama...because the llama knocked him down from behind, but as dad was going doing, he grabbed the llama around the neck so he ended up on his back with the llama sitting on his chest.

The llama bit dad, so dad poked him in the eye...then he bit dad again, so dad hit him as hard as he could...he bit him on the back and ear...so dad bit the llama...haha!

The llama FINALLY got up and went back to grazing and dad was able to escape back to the house.

It took him a week and half to tell me what happened. He was afraid me and/or my brother would try to go over there and kill the llama.

Dad said he shouldn't have put so much trust in a "wild animal" and should have never turned his back on him.

The owners tried to auction him off, but nobody wanted him....needless to say, before they brought him back home, they made a quick stop at a vet and had him neutered.

sinton66
04-12-2010, 04:15 PM
I believe I would have a word or two with that neighbor about keeping their pets on their property. (If it's on MY property, I get to shoot it.);)

Ranger Mom
04-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I believe I would have a word or two with that neighbor about keeping their pets on their property. (If it's on MY property, I get to shoot it.);)

Well actually...my dad built a gate between the properties so her animals COULD come over.

It gives them a tax break to have farm animals, or something to that effect.

AP Panther Fan
04-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
This llama attacked my dad a couple of weeks ago. My dad thought he was a goner!!!

He ended up being bit four times. Once on the wrist, upper arm, back and ear.

His cartilage was separated from his rib cage...it took him about 5 minutes to get out from underneath the llama...because the llama knocked him down from behind, but as dad was going doing, he grabbed the llama around the neck so he ended up on his back with the llama sitting on his chest.

The llama bit dad, so dad poked him in the eye...then he bit dad again, so dad hit him as hard as he could...he bit him on the back and ear...so dad bit the llama...haha!

The llama FINALLY got up and went back to grazing and dad was able to escape back to the house.

It took him a week and half to tell me what happened. He was afraid me and/or my brother would try to go over there and kill the llama.

Dad said he shouldn't have put so much trust in a "wild animal" and should have never turned his back on him.

The owners tried to auction him off, but nobody wanted him....needless to say, before they brought him back home, they made a quick stop at a vet and had him neutered.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I think I would close the gate. Maybe he is still made about the neutering thing...lol.

Glad everyone escaped injury this time. I bet you and Ashton think twice before wandering out in the back 40 again.:D

Ranger Mom
04-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I think I would close the gate. Maybe he is still made about the neutering thing...lol.

Glad everyone escaped injury this time. I bet you and Ashton think twice before wandering out in the back 40 again.:D

The weekend before this happened to dad, the owners brothers roped the llama and tried to ride him, scared the heck out of the llama!!

Anyway, when the llama attacked my dad, he was rolling up a water hose, and he doesn't know if the llama may have saw that and thought he was fixin to get roped again...so he took matters in his own "hooves!'.

The vet said a neutered llama isn't near as aggressive as an un-neutered one....we shall see.

Dad still wants to the tax break, so the llamas spend their day in his pasture.

After he chased me, I have tried to stay clear of him....the one time I have been close to him...he spit on me!!

garciap77
04-12-2010, 08:21 PM
I went to my dad's earlier and he was going to show me and my daughter some work he had been doing on his land....he has 15 acres and it was dark so he took a big spotlight with him.

We parked in the middle of his property and took off on foot. All the sudden I heard hoofbeats and looked around and it was a huge white llama and he was PISSED!!!!!

My dad told us to get behind him and he was trying to beat him off with his spotlight....the llama just kept circling us and we looked ridiculous just going around in circles...I was behind my dad and my daughter was behind me.

I finally told Ashton to RUN when the truck was behind us and the llama on the other side..we hi-tailed it to the truck and left my dad out there fighting the darn thing.

When he got back to his truck the darn thing just stood in the road like he was daring us to come further!!

It didn't even dawn on me that it was funny, until we got back and started talking about it and my dad said...."did you notice how buck teeth he was?" We just died laughing...because he WAS extremely bucktoothed.

That will probably be the first and last time I am stalked by a buck toothed llama!!http://www.coolbuddy.com/icon/smiley/sm_bucktooth_st.gif

LOL

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/football_ref_touchdown_hclear1.gif

LOL

LE Dad
04-13-2010, 09:36 AM
Well actually...my dad built a gate between the properties so her animals COULD come over.

It gives them a tax break to have farm animals, or something to that effect. Tell your dad to let someone cut hay on the land. It will still let him claim ag exemption and is a lot less dangerous. :)

AP Panther Fan
04-13-2010, 10:40 AM
The vet said a neutered llama isn't near as aggressive as an un-neutered one....we shall see.

Dad still wants to the tax break, so the llamas spend their day in his pasture.

Gotcha...if the darn thing bit me (numerous times) he would end up learning to like a liquid diet.;)

poisoned10
04-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Stupid Llamas!

Everytime I think about Llamas I think of the scene from Dude, Where's My Car when they get chased by the osterich and call it a llama.

Classic!

Ranger Mom
04-15-2010, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Tell your dad to let someone cut hay on the land. It will still let him claim ag exemption and is a lot less dangerous. :)

He doesn't have hay...just 14 acres of scrub grass, weeds and mesquite trees. Between the llamas, cattle and goats that graze there during the day, he doesn't have to mow and gets the exemption on top of that.

Bullaholic
04-16-2010, 12:21 PM
Two words for your dad, RM = Cattle + prod.....:D

LE Dad
04-16-2010, 04:42 PM
He doesn't have hay...just 14 acres of scrub grass, weeds and mesquite trees. Between the llamas, cattle and goats that graze there during the day, he doesn't have to mow and gets the exemption on top of that. I very rarely ever cut my back 8 either. I just claim an agricultural exemption. You can claim timber, livestock, hay or several other uses. It saves me a lot on property taxes.