PDA

View Full Version : Mike Leach---Losing It?

Bullaholic
10-26-2009, 09:27 PM
Oh my, Coach Leach....:eek:

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/10/leach-stands-by-girlfriends-quote.html

TheDOCTORdre
10-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Someone needs to tell Leach that fat girls need lovin too :D

Trashman
10-26-2009, 09:38 PM
Somebody is gonna get a whoopin.:D

pirate4state
10-26-2009, 09:38 PM
hahahahahahaha that dude kills me. that's awesome. i hope he doesn't apologize!

LH Panther Mom
10-26-2009, 09:42 PM
You should keep up, Bull! That is sooooo Mike Leach! :D

zebrablue2
10-26-2009, 09:42 PM
comments like that from him do not surprise me!! he is a piece of work.

TheDOCTORdre
10-26-2009, 09:44 PM
wheres Phil? he needs to tell Leach to be POLITICALLY CORRECT

Matthew328
10-26-2009, 09:45 PM
pretty funny stuff

SHSBulldog00
10-26-2009, 09:45 PM
Oh Boy!!! Look Out Mike!!!!!

Bullaholic
10-26-2009, 09:46 PM
I think Leach's body has been possessed by Bobby Knight. :D

LH Panther Mom
10-26-2009, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Nah - he didn't choke anyone! :p

Pendragon13
He's not losing it...he's always been crazy. I love it that in our overly PC world there are still coaches out there that speak whatever comes to mind in front of anyone.:clap: :D

Bullaholic
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Yet! :D

orange machine
10-26-2009, 09:55 PM
May be he will quite coaching after this year and the spread that most teams seems to love will go away with him and we can get some power football back.

BEAST
10-26-2009, 10:05 PM
I'm sorry but Leach is an idiot. The "Tech Empire" is crumbling. He built it, and he's destroying it.

BEAST

coach
10-26-2009, 10:25 PM

bobby knight is a way better coach than leach

Old Dog
10-26-2009, 11:32 PM
Could this be a case of "He is so smart; he's stupid" ?

Pmoney
10-26-2009, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
I'm sorry but Leach is an idiot. The "Tech Empire" is crumbling. He built it, and he's destroying it.

BEAST

Alright elaborate on your statement for me please because Tech is having a down year just like everyone predicted at the start of the season because we lost Graham and Crabtree but we were winning games and we finally found someone to lead the offense and not throw the ball away in Sheffield and he gets injured..so we are having the down year as we were predicted to have and if it weren't for sheffield being injured in the Nebraska game we COULD; I'm not saying we would def. win because our D did not show up; have beaten A&M and still be ranked...so please tell me why you think Leach is destroying the program

RMAC
10-27-2009, 12:16 AM

BEAST

How many times has he said stuff like this? That's just his way of saying that the team didn't have their heads in the right place. Nobody in their right mind out here claims we have a "Tech Empire" as you put it. Most Horns fans remind us every day that there is only ONE empire in Texas, and it's found in Austin. We haven't forgotten in 2 threads and we won't start now, I promise, all high and mighty ones. If you honestly take the man literally when he says things like this then you really need to lighten up. The guy has a JD from Pepperdine Law, he's not as dumb as you or everybody else like to make him out to be.

BobcatBenny
10-27-2009, 06:59 AM
I actually drove to Lubbock to watch that debacle.

Eventually A&M should beat Tech, but this was not the year. So, having to listen to my Aggie buddy whoop an holla was a real hurtin. Especially while watching the lack of interest from the Tech team. Penalty after penalty. Turnover after turnover. It was more like their fat girlfriends suited up.

So, Mike Leach is just saying what we all saw. Facts is facts.

SintonPirateFan
10-27-2009, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

before you say that.....let's get some comments from the fat little girlfriends.... :D

Gobbler Fan
10-27-2009, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I actually drove to Lubbock to watch that debacle.

Eventually A&M should beat Tech, but this was not the year. So, having to listen to my Aggie buddy whoop an holla was a real hurtin. Especially while watching the lack of interest from the Tech team. Penalty after penalty. Turnover after turnover. It was more like their fat girlfriends suited up.

So, Mike Leach is just saying what we all saw. Facts is facts.

Was your buddy singing the Tra La La song ?

Maroon87
10-27-2009, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
He's not losing it...he's always been crazy. I love it that in our overly PC world there are still coaches out there that speak whatever comes to mind in front of anyone.:clap: :D

That has nothing to do with being anti-PC...it has everything to do with going over the top to keep your name in the paper. He's getting to the point where it's amost like the class clown that will do/say anything to get attention.

WildTexan972
10-27-2009, 09:18 AM

BEAST

2 years in the maroon city of suckin at 3A after they claim they were decent in 4A and anyone there can claim any other team is "crumbling"? and you play in a mediocre district with 1 good team and a bunch of alsorans....how does that happen?

how about try mixin in a playoff win sometime at 3A and then feel free to call the pot and kettle some names....

Bullaholic
10-27-2009, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
2 years in the maroon city of suckin at 3A after they claim they were decent in 4A and anyone there can claim any other team is "crumbling"? and you play in a mediocre district with 1 good team and a bunch of alsorans....how does that happen?

how about try mixin in a playoff win sometime at 3A and then feel free to call the pot and kettle some names....

Mike! Is that you? :D

Eagle 1
10-27-2009, 10:16 AM

BEAST

No worse than what Freeman done to Brownwoods program.
:clap:

If you read the responses to the article, one of the posters asked twice
Where can one find a video clip of this? You know, just in case. and got no answer.

I'm not doubting Leach said those things, but you never know.
At least he didnt go on national tv and :bigcry:

Maroon87
10-27-2009, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by WildTexan972

Way to stay on topic...

All out CAT
10-27-2009, 12:31 PM
what's wrong with fat little girlfriends?

Old Tiger
10-27-2009, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by All out CAT
what's wrong with fat little girlfriends? Sometimes there is too much cushion to try to be pushin

Txbroadcaster
10-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
No worse than what Freeman done to Brownwoods program.
:clap:

If you read the responses to the article, one of the posters asked twice and got no answer.

I'm not doubting Leach said those things, but you never know.
At least he didnt go on national tv and :bigcry:

the ticket ran audio..he said it..and it was greatness

RMAC
10-27-2009, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
the ticket ran audio..he said it..and it was greatness

Thank you. :clap: Finally somebody that can appreciate a dry sense of humor.

rangerjoe33
10-27-2009, 02:01 PM
Regardless of how Tech was supposed to do this year, (down a little) losing to A&M at home, and to Houston...not expected at all, and shows they are down more than a little.

This may be a little bit of a reach but here goes:
When you blame fat little girlfriends for lack of attention and you have other execution problems on the field... this AFTER you suspend a well respected leader on the team for a twitter post, and you have another player questioning why they are sitting in a meeting room waiting for the coach(es) to show up, again a twitter post. Obviously there are some players that are not 100% committed to their coach, and it would seem logical to me that Leach early in the year created some of this attitude when he suspended players for thier tweeting actions.

I am not saying he was wrong for what he did, he knows his players and what will keep the program on top, but it would appear that his disciplinary actions have not had a positive impact. The players are not playing for him like they did last year and the effort they are giving him is proof of that.

Bullaholic
10-27-2009, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by rangerjoe33
Regardless of how Tech was supposed to do this year, (down a little) losing to A&M at home, and to Houston...not expected at all, and shows they are down more than a little.

This may be a little bit of a reach but here goes:
When you blame fat little girlfriends for lack of attention and you have other execution problems on the field... this AFTER you suspend a well respected leader on the team for a twitter post, and you have another player questioning why they are sitting in a meeting room waiting for the coach(es) to show up, again a twitter post. Obviously there are some players that are not 100% committed to their coach, and it would seem logical to me that Leach early in the year created some of this attitude when he suspended players for thier tweeting actions.

I am not saying he was wrong for what he did, he knows his players and what will keep the program on top, but it would appear that his disciplinary actions have not had a positive impact. The players are not playing for him like they did last year and the effort they are giving him is proof of that.

I agree---butt chewing is one thing, but alienation is quite another. I think Mike Leach has created a rift between himself and his players and is on the verge of losing most of his players' allegiance. The next game or two will tell for sure.

thelegend02
10-27-2009, 02:29 PM
this is classic.... So funny

jockcity33
10-27-2009, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by thelegend02
this is classic.... So funny

what's so funny?

trojandad
10-27-2009, 04:19 PM
i have no way of knowing this, but i do know that leach went to law school, he has more than a passing understanding of debate and argument....repeating a phrase over and over in the same manner suggests to me that its probably a quote from one player about other players' female friends getting in the way of practice and commitment to football and, instead of ratting out the kid who said the inflammatory words (that probably got a reaction from the guys who had the well fed female friends), he used those words to light the same kind of fire under the unmotivated kids with his players knowing who he really is (a mormon with 3 daughters), understanding the inside nature of those otherwise inflammatory comments......

in other words, his players understand he wouldn't originate statements about fat little girlfriends anymore than he would about stupid mormon coaches, the people that need to laugh are laughing.....just my guess....

Gobbla2001
10-27-2009, 06:12 PM
this is probably Leach's least-funny quote when it comes to people talking about Leach making funny quotes... reminds me of the Heisman Momment the guys on the four-letter network just showed for Tebow: he came back the week after a concusion
and played QB when his team went on a long-scoring drive, like about 70 other QBs in D1 did that week..

Leach does make some funny quotes though, love his attitude, the only reason I don't hate him...

Eagle 1
10-27-2009, 07:57 PM
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/1479/rolllaughing.gif

To funny.....that's why I like him. :clap:

LISTEN HERE (http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=tech%20leach%20fat%20girlfriends&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wv#)

wtfootball
10-27-2009, 09:11 PM
There has been trashed talked between the two coaches because Leach made some public comments about McGee being drafted before Crabtree. He had stirred the pot all summer and had this one coming. Aggies are always capable of being spoilers when motivated.

Mojado
10-27-2009, 09:30 PM
People need to chill... Leach is Leach... Most conferences have one...

If you can't laugh with him, then laugh at him... Either way, just laugh...

Nice job Ags... Still LMAO!!

Eagle 1
10-28-2009, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by wtfootball
Aggies are always capable of being spoilers when motivated.

Typical Aggie logic. http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/1479/rolllaughing.gif
Then whats wrong with your "own" coach motivating the Ags to win more game? :thinking:

NastySlot
10-28-2009, 09:34 AM
I like Leech..........he doesn't give a $#!+ what people think...........there's a a genius there somewhere.

Mojado
10-28-2009, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
I like Leech..........he doesn't give a $#!+ what people think...........there's a a genius there somewhere.

It's framed and on his wall.... The dudes smarter than a coach should be..:D

coachc45
10-28-2009, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by rangerjoe33
this AFTER you suspend a well respected leader on the team for a twitter post, and you have another player questioning why they are sitting in a meeting room waiting for the coach(es) to show up, again a twitter post. Obviously there are some players that are not 100% committed to their coach, and it would seem logical to me that Leach early in the year created some of this attitude when he suspended players for thier tweeting actions.

He did not suspend the "well-respected leader" for a twitter post. He was suspended for going crazy and tearing up things in the locker room after the Houston game. He called the coach several choice words, threw his helmet up against the wall, and knocked a hole in a wall!

I personally think the "well-respected leader" got off light!!!

Yoefan11
10-28-2009, 10:04 AM
I never really liked Leach...but now I love coach Leach for this. This is one of the first times I can remember him lashing out. While his words might have been choice, I don't think he was pokin fun at the girlfriends. I think he was sending a message to his team in a new and different manner. KUDO's COACH!!!! :clap:

Buckeye1980
10-28-2009, 11:17 AM
Come on guys , be nice....he is just a victim of society!

rangerjoe33
10-28-2009, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by coachc45
He did not suspend the "well-respected leader" for a twitter post. He was suspended for going crazy and tearing up things in the locker room after the Houston game. He called the coach several choice words, threw his helmet up against the wall, and knocked a hole in a wall!

I personally think the "well-respected leader" got off light!!!

Wow, did not know that...guess I should have read a little deeper than what I did...yes, he got off light.

Something is up though in Lubbock, hopefully Leach gets it worked out, I don't want to see recruits going outside the state and the success at Tech keeps kids in here. If they start to decline they will lose recruits to CO, KS, etc...

Eagle 1
10-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Last months Texas Monthly magazine done an article on him that I thought was real interesting. The guy is very unique to say the least.
One should read the article before they are to quick to judge him.

Somebody on here turned me on to the article, but I dont remember who.

ziggy29
10-28-2009, 03:01 PM
The more Mike Leach loses, the more bizarre (and entertaining) he seems to become...

Inmateboss
11-01-2009, 03:01 PM
Mike! Is that you? :D

:fnypost: :fnypost: :fnypost: