orange machine
10-26-2009, 08:12 PM
Bengals have surprised me at 5-2

Old Tiger
10-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Surprising yet still disappointing - Iowa

orange machine
10-26-2009, 08:14 PM
Another disappointing team is Oklahoma i dont care for them, but i was hoping they would be better for nothing else to make the big 12 look better.

Big time surprise is TCU

Spread It Out
10-26-2009, 08:15 PM
Florida State
Titans
Bellville

HEMOTOXIC
10-26-2009, 08:45 PM
Disappointing-Thus far
1. Titans
2. Florida State/Oklahoma
3. Liberty Hill/Celina (Yes, the Bobcats have time to turn it around. They could be very dangerous come playoffs)

Suprising
1. NO Saints/J-E-T-S JETS, JETS, JETS!
2. TCU/Prairie View A&M (Have beaten Grambling and Southern; Panthers' only lost came @ New Mexico State 21-18)
3. Pittsbugh HS

rancher
10-26-2009, 09:06 PM
Most Disappointing in 3a has to be Bellville, so much talent coming back from lasts year team. However, the coaches in charge let everyone down.

Suprise TCU

orange machine
10-26-2009, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Disappointing-Thus far
1. Titans
3. Liberty Hill/Celina (Yes, the Bobcats have time to turn it around. They could be very dangerous come playoffs)

Suprising
2. TCU/Prairie View A&M (Have beaten Grambling and Southern; Panthers' only lost came @ New Mexico State 21-18)
3. Pittsbugh HS

I think most Celina fans knew there was potential for a few losses this year, but i think the problem lies with the lack of consistant play. Last year Celina was in the same position as this year, but they were more consistant then this team. This years team is very young and has great talent and can be better than last years team its up to the players to decide if they want it or not.

sTx
10-26-2009, 09:55 PM
dissapointment Brookshire... they always have so much potential just waitin for em to reach it

Suprise DENVER BRONCOS :)

44INAROW
10-26-2009, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Surprising yet still disappointing - Iowa

why are they disappointing? aren't they undefeated?

SHSBulldog00
10-26-2009, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Disappointing-Thus far
1. Titans

Suprising
3. Pittsbugh HS

+1

DDBooger
10-26-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
why are they disappointing? aren't they undefeated? because they mess up the BCS, only reason I can think of

44INAROW
10-26-2009, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
because they mess up the BCS, only reason I can think of

hhmm go figure - I'd think that would make them "irritating" lol but certainly not dissapointing - oh well....... I hope Iowa continues to kick butt (I want a Texas team to win out though :) ) - a good friend of my older boys played for Iowa and I still continue to follow the Hawkeyes. Watched them play TT in the Alamobowl - Jeez maybe in 97? 98? I don't remember. (that was the year of the big "tortilla throwing incident"

BEAST
10-26-2009, 10:13 PM
TCU a surprise? They are always good. They challenge the BCS almost every year.

BEAST

orange machine
10-26-2009, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
TCU a surprise? They are always good. They challenge the BCS almost every year.

BEAST

They are generally good, but not as good as this year i wish they could play Texas in National Championship.

HEMOTOXIC
10-26-2009, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
They are generally good, but not as good as this year i wish they could play Texas in National Championship.

That would be a matchup I would love to see....An old fashion SWC Championship.

HEMOTOXIC
10-26-2009, 10:46 PM
I think most Celina fans knew there was potential for a few losses this year, but i think the problem lies with the lack of consistant play. Last year Celina was in the same position as this year, but they were more consistant then this team. This years team is very young and has great talent and can be better than last years team its up to the players to decide if they want it or not.

Understand. But, still, its Celina!

RattlerDude
10-26-2009, 11:35 PM
I am surprised by the Denver Broncos(even though they're my favorite team). I thought they made so many wrong choices this past off season and instead they 6-0.

beastyboyz
10-26-2009, 11:52 PM
NFL-Denver broncos and miami dolphins suprised me.that bronco defense has proved something.

College- I don't watch a lot of college football, but I'm a second fan. LSU tigers!!!

High school-bellville has disappointed me, with all their talent, just can't seem to put it together. Might be the coaching? Hmmm...

Sittin & Fishin
10-27-2009, 12:54 AM

Celina graduated a ton of very, very good seniors last year. That senior group was State Runner-Up (2006), State Champions (2007), and State Runner-Up (2008). Hard to replace that much talent.

Your right though. Consistancy would help this team. And it would help to quit losing so many players to injury.

orange machine
10-27-2009, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Sittin & Fishin
Celina graduated a ton of very, very good seniors last year. That senior group was State Runner-Up (2006), State Champions (2007), and State Runner-Up (2008). Hard to replace that much talent.

Your right though. Consistancy would help this team. And it would help to quit losing so many players to injury.

Injuries have played a major part in the issues with this team for sure. I counted 8 players out of last weeks game against Gainsville and that will hurt your consistancy, but there are some other players that need to step it up and take over this team.

Spread It Out
10-27-2009, 02:28 AM
Doesn't Celina have some STUD linebacker?

orange machine
10-27-2009, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by Spread It Out
Doesn't Celina have some STUD linebacker?

I think you would be talking about Caleb Lavey.

Spread It Out
10-27-2009, 02:44 AM
It may be, I'm not sure. I've just heard from small talk that Celina has a linebacker that got a lot of offers from Division 1 schools but I don't know very much about Celina or it's surrounding areas/schools so I thought I'd ask.

orange machine
10-27-2009, 02:48 AM
Yeah its Caleb he is going to OK State.

orange machine
10-27-2009, 02:49 AM
http://caleblavey.com/

GrTigers6
10-27-2009, 06:04 AM
When you have a program like Celina, you seem to have potential starters on the bench waiting for their oppurtunity. thats what a great program brings you.

BigGulpsHuh?
10-27-2009, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by beastyboyz
High school-bellville has disappointed me, with all their talent, just can't seem to put it together. Might be the coaching? Hmmm...

maybe bellville's players just aren't as good as you thought they were. no sense putting unjustified blame on the coaches.

Maroon87
10-27-2009, 08:31 AM
I've been surprised by Mathis this year.

beastyboyz
10-27-2009, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by BigGulpsHuh?
maybe bellville's players just aren't as good as you thought they were. no sense putting unjustified blame on the coaches.
This bellville team has been playin together since jr high. they came into the varsity program undefeated. They went 5-5 their sophomore year, then went 12-2 their junior year(last year). They returned just about all their defensive starters, and just about all their backs and recievers.

They have had many coaching changes since huey chancellor left. They just can't seem to get the offense rolling on all cylinders...

Maybe its coaching? Maybe its players?, but I'm sure its more coaching than players...

rancher
10-27-2009, 10:18 AM
I have to agree, on the offensive side of the ball there is no doubt it is the coaching. I have not missed a Bellville game in three years. I have never seen this type of bone head playing calling in my life. The offense game plan is the classic defination of Insanity, doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. Way too much talent on the offensive for such an inept showing all year long. But look at the brightside, basketball practice starts today and he has his first scrimmage set for Saturday 11/7. Dont you find that strange? :thinking:

BRfalconfan
10-27-2009, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by sTx
dissapointment Brookshire... they always have so much potential just waitin for em to reach it

They made playoffs this year and have a great chance at become district champs

Spread It Out
10-27-2009, 01:53 PM
Yeah its Caleb he is going to OK State.

Yeah, that's the guy. If all that information is correct, he has some very lucrative offers.

Footballhudini
10-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Backtrack to page 1 - a tortilla-throwing accident? wth? please explain.

orange machine
10-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Spread It Out
Yeah, that's the guy. If all that information is correct, he has some very lucrative offers.

We will see i guess.

cshscougar08
10-27-2009, 06:29 PM
http://caleblavey.com/

Are you kidding me?!?! I've seen parents who are obsessed with their kids' talent, but this takes the cake by far!!!

orange machine
10-27-2009, 06:33 PM
I thought it was a good site if you have a chance at playing D1 football why not make a site showing how you play.

cshscougar08
10-27-2009, 07:33 PM
I thought it was a good site if you have a chance at playing D1 football why not make a site showing how you play.

But the only people who care really are college coaches and you send them game film for that.

Sittin & Fishin
10-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Injuries have played a major part in the issues with this team for sure. I counted 8 players out of last weeks game against Gainsville and that will hurt your consistancy, but there are some other players that need to step it up and take over this team.

Some of those 8 are very, very important players to the Celina schemes. Celina can still go a long way in the playoffs, but finding the rigth places for the remaining healthy players is key.

I think there were a lot of senior leaders on the 2008 team that are sorely missed right now. We are missing the fire in the gut of guys like MCartney and Waldrep (and others) who were respected by the other players and would get the others to play hard by following their example. There are really, really good guys on this 2009 team, but not the "in your face" guys like Troy and Charlie.

orange machine
10-27-2009, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Sittin & Fishin
Some of those 8 are very, very important players to the Celina schemes. Celina can still go a long way in the playoffs, but finding the rigth places for the remaining healthy players is key.

I think there were a lot of senior leaders on the 2008 team that are sorely missed right now. We are missing the fire in the gut of guys like MCartney and Waldrep (and others) who were respected by the other players and would get the others to play hard by following their example. There are really, really good guys on this 2009 team, but not the "in your face" guys like Troy and Charlie.

You are 100% correct with Charlie and Troy's leadership. I agree that it does not seem that the fire is there this year that has been there in the past. Like i have said this team has the talent to get to the state championship, but the boys playing need to step up and get the fire and desire to make the run.

LH Panther Mom
10-27-2009, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Watched them play TT in the Alamobowl - Jeez maybe in 97? 98? I don't remember. (that was the year of the big "tortilla throwing incident"
We were at that game! :D

44INAROW
10-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
We were at that game! :D

wow - that's neat. We were sitting in the family tickets section on the Iowa side.. you probably were on the Raider side

Originally posted by Footballhudini
Backtrack to page 1 - a tortilla-throwing accident? wth? please explain.

When Tech would score or make a big play - the student section would throw flour tortillas in the stands etc. This tradition was later banned:p

crabman
10-27-2009, 10:35 PM
Most surprising - Cuero Lady Gobblers. Ranked #8 in the state. Undefeated district champs at 10-0. Sitting right on a 30 win season. We have never even won district in the history of volleyball in Cuero.

SintonFan
10-28-2009, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I've been surprised by Mathis this year.

I agree. Didn't even think about them until you mentioned it.
Also, Smithville. I never thought of them as even a winning team until this year.

Most surprising and disappointing teams this year
NFL,College and of course High school

Surprising NFL: Denver and New Orleans
Disappointing NFL: Tennessee

Surprising College: A&M@Kingsville
Disappointing College: Oklahoma

Surprising HS: already listed above, I thought Canyon Lake might be decent but not this good
Disappointing HS: Brownwood, CC Miller, PI, West Oso(but they can still play spoiler)