PDA

View Full Version : NBA season starts tomorrow.

Bull's-eye
10-26-2009, 12:50 PM
Any thoughts & predictions on the NBA season? Lakers, Cavs, Celtics & Spurs all have have hopes for winning the championship. Will Shaq be enough to put the Cavs over the top? Spurs making another run by adding some talented veterans?

My Rockets have lost their big man for the whole year, but return some very scrappy players. Most experts are picking them not to make the playoffs and to finish around 10th in the West. This team lost Yao during the playoffs, but still managed to take the Lakers to 7 games. They did lose Artest, but the pick up of Ariza could offset their loss. Look out for rookie Chase Budinger, he has shown flashes and could be the steal of the past draft. Tracy McGrady could be the wildcard, reports have shown that he is actually moving very well on the court and recovering nicely from his surgery. This will be a fun team to watch, no big super stars, but a bunch of good hustling type players. It will be difficult, but I wouldn't be surprised if they sneak into the playoffs.

buff4ever
10-26-2009, 12:54 PM
go spurs

Mojado
10-26-2009, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
go spurs

Viva La Raza!!! Go Espurs!!!!

Old Tiger
10-26-2009, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
go spurs What is their starting lineup looking like?

Bull's-eye
10-26-2009, 01:04 PM
Spurs will have to stay healthy, but have the players to go very far.

Bull's-eye
10-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
What is their starting lineup looking like?

Jefferson, Duncan, McDyess, Mason & Parker started the last pre-season game.

Old Tiger
10-26-2009, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Jefferson, Duncan, McDyess, Mason & Parker started the last pre-season game. Sounds like a great lineup, the addition of Richard Jefferson is good, and the bench is pretty deep too!

Move The Chains
10-26-2009, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Jefferson, Duncan, McDyess, Mason & Parker started the last pre-season game. Ginobili?

Old Tiger
10-26-2009, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
Ginobili? he's the 6th man and off the bench kinda guy. As a starter he wasn't that good IMO.

Move The Chains
10-26-2009, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
he's the 6th man and off the bench kinda guy. As a starter he wasn't that good IMO. Change of pace kinda guy. If they stay healthy, they'll go far.

STAggie
10-26-2009, 01:20 PM
I think right now the Celtics are the team to beat. They are just so good and deep enough they should be able to win it all. Right below them you have the Lakers and Spurs both set to fight for the Western Conference title. Then below them I think you have teams such as Clevland, Orlando and Denver. I think Chris Paul finally gets his MVP trophy and then gets delt to a better team (Rockets?) next year. This is the best chance Lebron will have to get a title as a Cav and we will see if he takes advantage. Either way he is gone next season.

Move The Chains
10-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
I think right now the Celtics are the team to beat. They are just so good and deep enough they should be able to win it all. Right below them you have the Lakers and Spurs both set to fight for the Western Conference title. Then below them I think you have teams such as Clevland, Orlando and Denver. I think Chris Paul finally gets his MVP trophy and then gets delt to a better team (Rockets?) next year. This is the best chance Lebron will have to get a title as a Cav and we will see if he takes advantage. Either way he is gone next season. Chris Paul as a rocket? I like the way that sounds.

STAggie
10-26-2009, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
Chris Paul as a rocket? I like the way that sounds.

There was rumored to be a deal this summer that would have sent him but it never materialized. He is the best point man in the league hands down and a top 5 player.

Super_R
10-26-2009, 01:49 PM
basketball sucks!

HEMOTOXIC
10-26-2009, 03:46 PM
Go Rockets.

Spurs 2010 champs!

shamu85
10-26-2009, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Super_R
basketball sucks!

+1

Eeeesh Kaboo. Already it's basketball season? They get less time off than the Europeans get vacation!

carter08
10-26-2009, 05:04 PM
rockets...buh.

i dunno, brooks is a good kid but i dunno if he can keepthe pace up for a wholeyear.

i like ariza, battier, and scola.

but, hayes isn't big enough to play the 5 and i know nothing about andersen.

depth will be an issue.

bandera7
10-26-2009, 05:08 PM
Go Spurs! I would love to see us bring it home.

On another note I would also like to see Ginobili go...he cant stay healthy. lets get something for him while he still has value.

big daddy russ
10-26-2009, 07:18 PM
Love my Spurs, like the Rockets, but I think it's between the Celts and the Lakers.

If I had to rank them now:

1. Celtics
2. Lakers
3. Cavs
4a. Spurs
4b. Magic (I keep wondering how much better they'll be with Vince instead of Hedo. Man, the Raptors got ripped off.)