PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboys???

Bullaholic
10-26-2009, 08:59 AM
O.k., after the big victory over Atlanta, are the Cowboys a Super Bowl contender again? Does everybody love Wade and Tony now? :D

Seriously---Where are these Cowboys at right now? 4-2 in the Division, and virtually tied for the lead with the Giants who are now 5-2, thanks to the heroics of Arizona.

TheDOCTORdre
10-26-2009, 09:10 AM
Super Bowl contenders, i think not, but legitimate hope at winning the division is a good possibility. Dallas is the 1st team in the NFC East to beat an opponent who has a winning record, besides the Giants, who has a victory over Dallas. The Giants are not head and shoulders above the NFC East as I first thought was going to be the case. They got to their 5 and 2 mark by beating up on weaker opponents. I think the key to tell which NFC East team is going to be a legitimate contender is to see how they compete against these three teams, Denver, New Orleans, and Atlanta.

MN95
10-26-2009, 09:16 AM
It was good to see the defense show some spine. I would feel much better about the Cowboys as a team if they would eliminate all of the stupid penalties. That indicates to me an undisciplined team.....one that will not advance very far in the playoffs even if they get there.

Lion_Addict
10-26-2009, 09:23 AM
Huge Cowboys fan, but NO....definately not a Super Bowl contender. New Orleans is the team to beat....if they can keep up the good thing they got goin.
Phillips needs to go.....Shanahan needs to come in.
Still think Romo has the potential, but he has got to develop some damn LEADERSHIP skills!

Just my 2 cents.....that don't mean squat :D

Trashman
10-26-2009, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Super Bowl contenders, i think not, but legitimate hope at winning the division is a good possibility. Dallas is the 1st team in the NFC East to beat an opponent who has a winning record, besides the Giants, who has a victory over Dallas. The Giants are not head and shoulders above the NFC East as I first thought was going to be the case. They got to their 5 and 2 mark by beating up on weaker opponents. I think the key to tell which NFC East team is going to be a legitimate contender is to see how they compete against these three teams, Denver, New Orleans, and Atlanta.

Yeah....What Dr. Dre said............
:D :D

pirate4state
10-26-2009, 09:46 AM
Still don't like Wade and if Romo would play like he did yesterday more often, I'd tolerate him. :D

Bullaholic
10-26-2009, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Still don't like Wade and if Romo would play like he did yesterday more often, I'd tolerate him. :D

And if he sent you a pic with his shirt off---you'd vote him MVP--just like you do with T.O.. :D

Bull's-eye
10-26-2009, 09:58 AM
With all the complaints about Romo, the Cowboys have the #2 offense in the whole NFL. Like MN95 posted, good to see the defense show some spine. Their only two losses were against the Giants & Broncos, and they had a shot to win both of those games. Dallas could be 6-0, but also 3-3, if they don't pull out the KC game. Still too early to tell, but I liked the way the defense is starting to get their act together. Sensabaugh is the key to our secondary and Jenkins is starting to become a big time player. The solid play of the secondary allows the defense to blitz more and get after the QB.

SintonPirateFan
10-26-2009, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
With all the complaints about Romo, the Cowboys have the #2 offense in the whole NFL. Like MN95 posted, good to see the defense show some spine. Their only two losses were against the Giants & Broncos, and they had a shot to win both of those games. Dallas could be 6-0, but also 3-3, if they don't pull out the KC game. Still too early to tell, but I liked the way the defense is starting to get their act together. Sensabaugh is the key to our secondary and Jenkins is starting to become a big time player. The solid play of the secondary allows the defense to blitz more and get after the QB.

i agree about Sensabaugh. It was good to see the secondary actually STICKING people instead of blowing by them with a missed tackle. maybe campo finally taught them how to tackle with their eyes open.

Bullaholic
10-26-2009, 10:08 AM
I think Brooking is a big motivating factor on the Cowboys defense---he challenges their manhood when they mess up and is one of the first to give every member of the unit a high five when coming off the field after a good play. Plus, he seems to lead by example---he doesn't take any plays off. He was really pumped up yesterday playing against his old Atlanta teammates.

LE Dad
10-26-2009, 10:09 AM
Long season !! They will either continue to improve and develop or they will flop. I think Miles Austin could be a difference maker. Still not sold on offensive play calling. Garrett more than Phillips but still don't care for Phillips deer in the headlights daze. Show some fire and confidence!!

pirate4state
10-26-2009, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
And if he sent you a pic with his shirt off---you'd vote him MVP--just like you do with T.O.. :D hahaha thanks, i needed that laugh! :D

As long as the Cowboys keep winning, I'll be happy! :)

Bull's-eye
10-26-2009, 10:18 AM
I love what Brooking brings to the table, he really enjoyed beating his old team. I still think Sensabaugh is the key to their defense, but glad we picked up both of those guys.

pirate4state
10-26-2009, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I love what Brooking brings to the table, he really enjoyed beating his old team. I still think Sensabaugh is the key to their defense, but glad we picked up both of those guys. +1

I have always liked the way Brooking plays.

Pendragon13
10-26-2009, 11:18 AM
Dallas has the players to take them to the Superbowl...but the team is totally lacking in discipline. If they aren't leading the league in stupid penalties on both sides of the ball, then they are at least in the top 5. That will get you nowhere very fast in the playoffs against a disciplined team...even one with inferior talent.

SintonPirateFan
10-26-2009, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Dallas has the players to take them to the Superbowl...but the team is totally lacking in discipline. If they aren't leading the league in stupid penalties on both sides of the ball, then they are at least in the top 5. That will get you nowhere very fast in the playoffs against a disciplined team...even one with inferior talent.

JJ should start fining players $15,000 for every false start penalty. Flozell might end up having to pay the Cowboys to play by the end of the season.

Macarthur
10-26-2009, 01:15 PM
Way too early to talk about a SB contender.

However, I think this division is wide open and Dallas has as good a chance as anyone. If the defense plays like they did yesterday, there's no doubt they can get in the tournament and make some hay.

Bullaholic
10-26-2009, 02:10 PM
How about Roy Williams? Do you think he will ever live up to his potential and expectations? Dropped passes do not a happy coach make. I'm willing to give him some more slack---just as I was with Romo, but there has to be some point where he puts a game together with some clutch catches and some yards.

SintonPirateFan
10-26-2009, 02:16 PM
Roy Williams hasn't really fit into the offense good....i think these aren't his type routes? he was almost great in Detroit and he was a MONSTER at Texas.

I'll tell you one thing though, the coaches need to find a way to offend Crayton EVERY WEEK. this week's game was the most consistent he has EVER been.

and Miles Austin--what a great surprise he has been.

piratebg
10-26-2009, 02:18 PM
Dallas, despite all of the penalties, looked amazing yesterday. Romo looked like veteran on the field. Austin continues to show he deserves to be on the field. The defense just punished the "unsackable" Matt Ryan. The secondary was picking off and batting down passes, and they were actually making tackles too. A few of were slobber knocks.

The only thing not really clicking yesterday was the running game. Barber didn't really have an impact on the game until the 4th quarter when Dallas was trying to eat the clock. Jones had a couple of good runs and Choice was underused. It was good to see all three of them on the field at the same time though.

I hope they can continue to play like this because December is just around the corner and you guys know how they play in December. I hope this is just a sign of things to come.

piratebg
10-26-2009, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
Roy Williams hasn't really fit into the offense good....i think these aren't his type routes? he was almost great in Detroit and he was a MONSTER at Texas.

I'll tell you one thing though, the coaches need to find a way to offend Crayton EVERY WEEK. this week's game was the most consistent he has EVER been.

and Miles Austin--what a great surprise he has been.

The word "BUST" is kept going through my mind yesterday. He dropped some wide open passes yesterday. He better get his stuff together quick.

Did anyone watch Deion on NFL Network yesterday talking about how the Cowboys may have benched the wrong receiver?

ccmom
10-26-2009, 02:26 PM
Yesterday was my first game in the new stadium. The beer was cold and the Cowboys took care of business. No complaints...:D

piratebg
10-26-2009, 02:46 PM
I don't know if there is a thread on this but the Cowboys and Demarcus Ware have agreed on a 6yr extension.

SintonPirateFan
10-26-2009, 02:53 PM
The Cowboys have called a press conference for 4:30 p.m. (CDT) here at Valley Ranch today to announce a “personnel move” with a player, team spokesman Rich Dalrymple said here Monday.

It’s not just a personnel move, but more like THE move that’s been the talk of the town for about a year now.

The Cowboys are expected to announce the signing of DeMarcus Ware to a long-term contract, possibly making him the highest-paid defensive player in football.

Ware has come on strong here in the last two games, recording four sacks after a slow start saw him with no sacks in four games. Ware led the NFL with 20.0 sacks last year, becoming just the sixth player in league history to register 20.

Remarkably, Ware’s success has come at the same time he’s been injured. The outside linebacker is playing through a stress fracture in his foot, although it’s hard to tell, considering he’s dropped opposing quarterbacks four times, along with two forced fumbles.

Ware had another year on his contract after this season, and if NFL does not have a new Collective Bargaining Agreement between now and the end of the season, it’s likely Ware will be a restricted free agent for two more seasons.

Still, Ware nor the Cowboys wanted to wait that long.

Macarthur
10-26-2009, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
How about Roy Williams? Do you think he will ever live up to his potential and expectations? Dropped passes do not a happy coach make. I'm willing to give him some more slack---just as I was with Romo, but there has to be some point where he puts a game together with some clutch catches and some yards.

Live up to what potential & expectations?

If we continue to hold him up to the contract and what they gave up, no he won't.

If we look at him for what he is right now, which is our #2 WR, I'm fine with him. I still think he's going to make some plays for us this year. I also don't think RW was healthy yesterday. Everyone needs to keep in mind that it's not that easy to extend and make catches while your ribs are messed up.

Maybe I"m being too optimistic but I actually think RW and Austin could end up being an awesome combination.

Bullaholic
10-26-2009, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Live up to what potential & expectations?

If we continue to hold him up to the contract and what they gave up, no he won't.

If we look at him for what he is right now, which is our #2 WR, I'm fine with him. I still think he's going to make some plays for us this year. I also don't think RW was healthy yesterday. Everyone needs to keep in mind that it's not that easy to extend and make catches while your ribs are messed up.

Maybe I"m being too optimistic but I actually think RW and Austin could end up being an awesome combination.

Like I said, Mac, I'm willing to give him a chance to get healthy and to catch some more balls before I give up on him. I hope for the Cowboys' sake that his deal doesn't turn out like the Joey Galloway deal.

Astrosdawg07
10-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur

One can only hope!

Maroon87
10-26-2009, 05:55 PM
Those Cowboy DB's were laying the wood yesterday...there were at least 2 hits that I would call "snot bubblers.";)

TheDOCTORdre
10-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Roy Williams needs to put some stick'em on his hands, and then maybe he will be worth something

Frontline Force
10-26-2009, 08:11 PM
The boys bringing the noise!!!...good win for the cowboys

navscanmaster
10-26-2009, 08:15 PM
Roy Williams needs to put some stick'em on his hands, and then maybe he will be worth something

Roy Williams does not want to come across the middle. End of discussion.

TheDOCTORdre
10-26-2009, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster

Who cares if he wants to come across the middle, he cant catch a ball if he is wide open

navscanmaster
10-26-2009, 08:24 PM
Who cares if he wants to come across the middle, he cant catch a ball if he is wide open

Txbroadcaster
10-26-2009, 08:34 PM

has he said that somewhere?

Astrosdawg07
10-26-2009, 09:09 PM

Last time he did he was left out to dry...

wtfootball
10-27-2009, 06:24 AM
Romo almost got him killed a couple weeks back, if I wanted a future in the NFL, I would think twice about doing it again for Romo if I were him. He is a good receiver, he showed that in Detroit. Patience is a virtue.