PDA

View Full Version : Hondo Vs. Bandera Complete Preview!!!!!!!!!!!

bbfan2010
10-25-2009, 08:32 PM
Went to Hondo Devine game this preview is based on what I saw.

Quarterback:EDGE =Bandera
Lee Ray Quintanilla Is a great Qb but Cole Hubble is the better all around Qb and is the best QB in district 29

Running Back:Edge=Bandera
Ryan Walker Is faster than Hondo's running back by far.Hopefully Walker will get rest when sophomore Tyler Faris comes in.

O-line Edge=Hondo
Bandera's line is smaller and more inexperienced but did have good week against Devine. But Hondo definitely has more size and has better pass block than Bandera.Bandera is quick though so that will help them in the run game.

Wide Receivers Edge=Even

Bandera has more speed than Hondo with Cisco Ruiz,Sean Scott,and Colby Stewart.But alot of dropped passes against Devine makes this pick even.Hondo is more consistent but will have to make more throws to Nick stansberry and Lanham Groff to keep this game interesting.

OFFENSE EDGE=Bandera

Not saying this because I'm from Bandera but Bandera has more variety.But Hondo seems one-dimensional with lee ray quintanilla.

Linebacker Edge=Bandera

Bandera's linebacker unit consist of two guys who have been on varsity since their sophomore year. Hondo has one linebacker that was flying all over but that is just one guy.

D-line EDGE=Hondo

Hondo is alot bigger and stopped the run against Devine way better than Bandera.Hondo held Devine's run pretty well while Bandera let Devine run all over them getting about 220 yards total rushing.

Secondary EDGE=Bandera

Bandera secondary is well experienced with 3 seniors in the starting rotation.Hondo secondary seems weak when it comes to speed and tackling.

Special Teams EDGE=Hondo

Bandera's kick off has some weakness while Hondo seems like they have a more consistent kickoff return team.Kickers seem even since both have had some inconsistency though both kickers are strong overall.

Turnovers EDGE=Even

Bandera was good about turnovers till last game.And Hondo made crucial mistake towards end of game.

MOTIVATION EDGE=Hondo

Hondo is playing for their playoff lives as Bandera is pretty much guaranteed a spot as they could lose to Hondo and still beat Lytle and make playoffs.If Hondo loses they are done.

FINAL
BANDERA 34
HONDO 27

Should be a close game Hondo's Heart keeps them in it.I will definitely be there.

dirtysouth
10-25-2009, 11:01 PM
Hondo's D-line is small and quick. I saw several times when Devine's line just planted them in the ground. I was not really impressed with Hondo offensively. I expected much different not having seen them play yet and seeing the number of points they are putting up. They do have several LB that flow downhill which is always a plus. They are well coached and have great tradition. Hondo will play hard and I have no doubt this will be a good game. They will for sure come to play........they have everything to lose!

SHSBulldog00
10-26-2009, 09:01 AM
Bandera in a close one.

dawg4life
10-26-2009, 09:47 AM
I have no idea. Hondo has more to play for, but from what i hear, bandera wants to win the district title so bad.

This is a different bandera team that played pearsall and devine. Hubble is back, and maybe bandera will suit up 20 with the bye week to heal up. I hear Ruiz is coming back too.

I think bandera by 5. But that wont get bandera the district title. They need to win by 9. But just like i said last week, hondo is pulling out all the stops. They had the chance to seal it up last week, but didnt. Im afraid of hondo because a team on the ropes wont say "oh well we'll get em next week"

jrej
10-26-2009, 08:46 PM
bandera should be well rested and ready for this game. Hondo has had 2 tough games with pearsall and devine and they are about to have a 3rd. The way i saw pearsall hit and devine hit hondo, they are probably a little bang up.