PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow for Heisman

Old Tiger
10-25-2009, 08:13 PM
NOT!

After that craptastic performance against Mississipi State he in no way deserves this award over anyone who is currently in the running.

Daddy D 11
10-25-2009, 08:15 PM
I vote Ricky Stanzi from Iowa. LOL

Daddy D 11
10-25-2009, 08:22 PM
Or I vote Taylor Potts. He's done real well for his team.

95mustang
10-25-2009, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Or I vote Taylor Potts. He's done real well for his team.

You are a funny funny man.

Pendragon13
10-25-2009, 08:53 PM
Case Keenum. /thread

Emerson1
10-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Case Keenum. /thread
He had it there for a while, then lost it to UTEP.

Pendragon13
10-25-2009, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
He had it there for a while, then lost it to UTEP. Actually his defense lost it...he still had over 500yds passing in that game. But I know what you mean...playing in C-USA means they would have to go undefeated for Case to get a serious look.

Yoe_09
10-25-2009, 10:12 PM
In the end I think it will come down to who has the best numbers out of the big 3 right now.

Daddy D 11
10-25-2009, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
In the end I think it will come down to who has the best numbers out of the big 3 right now.

Bold statement.

OldBison75
10-25-2009, 10:26 PM
Tebow has not been Heisman material so far. Bradford is injured. McCoy has not been consistently at the top of his game. So, where do we go from there?

If Texas wins out, Shipley should be considered. I think he has meant more to the Longhorns this year than McCoy, and I like McCoy, but he is not what has kept the Longhorns going this year.

sTxforlife
10-25-2009, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Tebow has not been Heisman material so far. Bradford is injured. McCoy has not been consistently at the top of his game. So, where do we go from there?

If Texas wins out, Shipley should be considered. I think he has meant more to the Longhorns this year than McCoy, and I like McCoy, but he is not what has kept the Longhorns going this year.

+1

slpybear the bullfan
10-25-2009, 10:37 PM
Shipley Doesn't Block.

Daddy D 11
10-25-2009, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Shipley Doesn't Block.

True, but that won't hurt him in heisman voting.

WildTexan972
10-26-2009, 09:04 AM
shipley will never pass the rb from alabama....

tebow is better than colt

Bullaholic
10-26-2009, 09:08 AM
Tim Tebow could show up naked for a game, throw 6 picks, and moon the crowd and still walk away with this year's Heisman. Not saying that is right--but that is how 'political' everything has become in any big event in America, nowadays.

BwdLion_80
10-26-2009, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Shipley Doesn't Block.

Neither does Tebow!

jockcity33
10-26-2009, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75

Actually the Texas Defense has done more to keep Texas undeafeted than either McCoy or Shipley.

Daddy D 11
10-26-2009, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by jockcity33
Actually the Texas Defense has done more to keep Texas undeafeted than either McCoy or Shipley.

You are right.

Spread It Out
10-26-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
Neither does Tebow!

He doesn't have to, nor does he need blockers.

Watch. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-jSnoxJ1zM&feature=related)

TheDOCTORdre
10-26-2009, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Spread It Out
He doesn't have to, nor does he need blockers.

Watch. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-jSnoxJ1zM&feature=related)

he could have used a blocker here...
Tebow needs blockers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Cc8fwpYAHM)

NastySlot
10-26-2009, 12:14 PM
Go easy on Tebow the Greatest Virgin since Mary.

Mojado
10-26-2009, 12:22 PM
Well who should win it if not Tebow??? No one gave any names...

Put McCoy in the SEC and he probably doesn't last a full season. Miss St. D is probably better than any D in the Big12 when not at 100%....

Week in and week out Tebow and the Gators win...can't argue that point...

the only way Tebow doesn't get is if Bama is favored by 7+ in the National Championship game... and Florida ain't in it...

Shipley??? Forget about it. He'd need like 15 more punt ret TD's and 15 more rec TD's to even be concidered IMO...

Just my .02

Old Tiger
10-26-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Mojado
Well who should win it if not Tebow??? No one gave any names...

Put McCoy in the SEC and he probably doesn't last a full season. Miss St. D is probably better than any D in the Big12 when not at 100%....

Week in and week out Tebow and the Gators win...can't argue that point...

the only way Tebow doesn't get is if Bama is favored by 7+ in the National Championship game... and Florida ain't in it...

Just my .02 Tebow has done NOTHING to deserve it this year.

Week in and week out McCoy and the Longhorns win...can't argue that point..

If Mississippi State was in the Big 12 they would be ranked 8th in the conference in Total defense.

Mojado
10-26-2009, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Tebow has done NOTHING to deserve it this year.

Week in and week out McCoy and the Longhorns win...can't argue that point..

If Mississippi State was in the Big 12 they would be ranked 8th in the conference in Total defense.

1) I wonder who is taking snaps for the Gators during thier games??? Weak point Tiger

2) Congrats on winng in a crappy conference...can't argue that Tiger

3) Can't compare stats between those conferences... That would just be idiotic...

Sorry Tiger, your points are no bueno here.....

Old Tiger
10-26-2009, 12:33 PM
1) I wonder who is taking snaps for the Gators during thier games??? Weak point Tiger

2) Congrats on winng in a crappy conference...can't argue that Tiger

3) Can't compare stats between those conferences... That would just be idiotic...

Sorry Tiger, your points are no bueno here..... lol i get you now...you're one of those "SEC! SEC! SEC!" guys

Mojado
10-26-2009, 12:36 PM
lol i get you now...you're one of those "SEC! SEC! SEC!" guys

CHOMP...CHOMp...CHOmp...CHomp...Chomp... Class of '90

:D

WylieBulldog92
10-26-2009, 12:37 PM
It's not any of the big 3 that are deserving this year.

Ingram, Clausen, and Keenum all should be the leaders.

Mojado
10-26-2009, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
It's not any of the big 3 that are deserving this year.

Ingram, Clausen, and Keenum all should be the leaders.

Agreed... but it will still happen... Those three need to have astronomical numbers to have a chance because they wont be in the big show in January...

TheDOCTORdre
10-26-2009, 12:44 PM

Exactly, those SEC offenses couldnt hold the Big XII's jock to compare it would be a joke, I agree completely.

Mojado
10-26-2009, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Exactly, those SEC offenses couldnt hold the Big XII's jock to compare it would be a joke, I agree completely.

LMAO....

DDBooger
10-26-2009, 12:55 PM
Didn't Houston (non-BCS conference) beat Miss St?

Mojado
10-26-2009, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger

Yep!!! But you're missing my point Booger... To play in a conference like the SEC, Big Ten (in the 80's/90's) is different than playing in a much less physical conference like Big 12, and Conf USA.

Buckeye1980
10-26-2009, 01:39 PM
Realistically there should be no favorite for the Hiesman, it is rewared to the college football's best player for the season , the season is not over yet, so NOBODY know who the best player for the season is ...... and for the arguement of how Ut would be without McCoy or Florida without Tebow, not a valid arguement because the award is for best player , not most valuable player.

That bein said , I know the right way will never happent when the press starts talkin Heisman before season starts but that is how it should be

cshscougar08
10-26-2009, 01:56 PM
The way I see it, if Alabama wins out, it's Mark Ingram if he continues to perform the way he has. Tebow is having to do everything himself because no one on that offense is stepping up. Voters may take that into consideration. But in my opinion, right now Mark Ingram is the clear frontrunner with Jimmy Clausen close behind.

TheDOCTORdre
10-26-2009, 01:56 PM

even though I'm a Big XII fan i am also about all the facts being mentioned...Houston beat Tech too

DDBooger
10-26-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
even though I'm a Big XII fan i am also about all the facts being mentioned...Houston beat Tech too No one from the Big 12 is claiming supremacy top to bottom

TheDOCTORdre
10-26-2009, 02:01 PM
No one from the Big 12 is claiming supremacy top to bottom

True that, I just wanted to throw that out there before anyone had the chance to run on here and be like Tech lost to Houston too and have a cow that it wasnt mentioned

carter08
10-26-2009, 05:12 PM
UH beat OK State too.

Only game OK State has lost this year.

Keenum didn't put up enough numbers last game though. He only played great, not amazing.

big daddy russ
10-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
The way I see it, if Alabama wins out, it's Mark Ingram if he continues to perform the way he has. Tebow is having to do everything himself because no one on that offense is stepping up. Voters may take that into consideration. But in my opinion, right now Mark Ingram is the clear frontrunner with Jimmy Clausen close behind.
chs, I have to disagree. Even though I'm an Auburn fan, I've been ringing Bama's bell all year. But Terrance Cody deserves the Heisman more than anyone on that offense. The reason they're great has nothing to do with the offense and everything to do with the defense.

I'll agree that Clausen's up there. I'd send Clausen, Keenum, Jordan Shipley, Terrance Cody, and Tony Pike (yes, even though he's injured) to New York as of this moment. Colt and Tebow are still neck-and-neck, but neither have been as good as these kids. Cody is the guy who made Saban's defense work and is the only reason Ingram's being talked about in the Heisman race. Otherwise, he's just another Dion Lewis.

TheDOCTORdre
10-26-2009, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

I'll agree that Clausen's up there. I'd send Clausen, Keenum, Jordan Shipley, Terrance Cody, and Tony Pike (yes, even though he's injured) to New York as of this moment.

Its a shame that Pike got hurt

daug
10-26-2009, 09:10 PM
UT has no running game and all defenses know they are going to pass, yet Colt is getting it done, so yes he deserves it. And he has played EVERY game this season. And won them.

SHSBulldog00
10-26-2009, 11:00 PM
I like Alabama RB Mark Ingram

NastySlot
10-27-2009, 08:46 AM
Yep!!! But you're missing my point Booger... To play in a conference like the SEC, Big Ten (in the 80's/90's) is different than playing in a much less physical conference like Big 12, and Conf USA.

u of h might not even win their division in their conference.......i guess the conference USA is stronger than the Big xii

themsu97
10-27-2009, 08:59 AM
The reason nobody else from Florida has stepped up is because Meyer has designed the entire offense around Tebow... his #'s are inflated... McCoy's are as well since UT has no running game... the difference between the 3 (Bradford) is honestly, Mack will pull McCOy much sooner than the other two will...

Keenum lit up Miss State...

all conferences has teams that suck, Miss State, Vandy, kentucky, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Iowa State, Baylor, A&M, Washington, Washington State...

Florida plays the weakest non conference schedule in the nation, ranks up there with KSU...

the whole system sucks... eliminate 90% of the writers and then you will get a true vote..

BreckTxLonghorn
10-27-2009, 09:06 AM
Colt hasn't done anything to earn it. Period. He's played well enough to win the games that he's needed to, but unless he plays like he did at Mizzou for the rest of the year, he just hasn't earned it.

I feel the same with Tebow. He's played well, but nothing spectacularly and no big 'highlight reel' plays. He's supposed to be a runner but got stopped cold by a safety. He's a QB but threw some big INTs last week. He's a leader and a helluva player, but not a Heisman for the year. Compare his Heisman season to this one. Does it compare?

Jimmy Clausen is getting a look because he's at Notre Dame and he's playing higher than original expectations of him going into the season. I'm sure he'll be a great pro prospect, but I haven't been impressed every time I've watched him this year. True, he led a comeback Vs USC, but he also got them into that hole in the first half.

Never saw Pike, but the injury rules him out (unfortunately, too, from what I've seen). Keenum is solid, but his numbers are inflated by him throwing 76 times a game; plus if you play in a weak conference, you gotta win out to have a chance at Heisman. Ingram could/should be a contender at the end, but my vote...

Eric Berry of Tennessee. A rare player that makes me want to watch his team play simply to watch him. Stopped the Tebow train at full momentum. Was all over the place in the Bama game. Makes teams account for him over everyone else. Simply the best player in the nation. I can't wait to watch him in the NFL soon.

NastySlot
10-27-2009, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by themsu97
The reason nobody else from Florida has stepped up is because Meyer has designed the entire offense around Tebow... his #'s are inflated... McCoy's are as well since UT has no running game... the difference between the 3 (Bradford) is honestly, Mack will pull McCOy much sooner than the other two will...

Keenum lit up Miss State...

all conferences has teams that suck, Miss State, Vandy, kentucky, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Iowa State, Baylor, A&M, Washington, Washington State...

Florida plays the weakest non conference schedule in the nation, ranks up there with KSU...

the whole system sucks... eliminate 90% of the writers and then you will get a true vote..

I don't think ole miss sucks.......I saw them twice last year and hoping to catch them again this year........they I believe are a sleeping giant........they have talent.

BreckTxLonghorn
10-27-2009, 09:10 AM
nm

WildTexan972
10-27-2009, 09:27 AM
colt mcboy is not even in the top 20 in the country this year....he should not be in any heisman talk....

mack takes him out earlier than the other boys....that is a funny lie....mack almost never pulls the shipley bf out of the game...

themsu97
10-27-2009, 09:52 AM
you are right... Garrett Gilbert has not played in a single game all year at qb...
he has played more than whoever the b/u at Florida outside of the Tebow TKO... trying to score again with a 30 point lead...

Ole Miss is way Overrated... only because they beat Florida last year and Tech... who have they beat this year?
kind of like Washington being ranked only because they beat USC...

NastySlot
10-27-2009, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by themsu97
you are right... Garrett Gilbert has not played in a single game all year at qb...
he has played more than whoever the b/u at Florida outside of the Tebow TKO... trying to score again with a 30 point lead...

Ole Miss is way Overrated... only because they beat Florida last year and Tech... who have they beat this year?
kind of like Washington being ranked only because they beat USC...

overrated = Sucks ?

they went into baton rouge last year and spanked lsu...no easy task if you've ever been to death valley.

if you're going to rate teams soley on who they 've play take a good look at both Florida's and Texas schedule.......and Texas is worse cause of the weak conference they play in.

now imo florida and texas and even ole miss are good teams with talent and good coachng.............not saying ole miss is as good as florida or texas....just i believe they are a sleeping giant.

NastySlot
10-27-2009, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
colt mcboy is not even in the top 20 in the country this year....he should not be in any heisman talk....

mack takes him out earlier than the other boys....that is a funny lie....mack almost never pulls the shipley bf out of the game...

Colt McCoy is a winner that's all he has done at Texas.......imo got a little cheated last season.......do I think he deserves it this year IDK.....but he should be considered cause he is dang good football player.

cshscougar08
10-27-2009, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
.......imo got a little cheated last season.......

He didn't get cheated out of the Heisman. The three way tie craziness had nothing to do with individual performance. Sam lost early, Colt lost early, Sam had his best games down the stretch. No cheating there I feel.

TheDOCTORdre
10-27-2009, 10:56 AM
He didn't get cheated out of the Heisman. The three way tie craziness had nothing to do with individual performance. Sam lost early, Colt lost early, Sam had his best games down the stretch. No cheating there I feel.
I'm not sure if he got cheated or not, but I remember watching the OU/Ok St game last year and watching Bradford throw his body towards the endzone, and saying I'm not sure if he deserves it but that play right there won him the Heisman

Old Tiger
10-27-2009, 12:02 PM
By the end of this year Colt McCoy will have the most wins by a FBS quarterback in the history of the NCAA.

NastySlot
10-27-2009, 12:54 PM

maybe i should have used another word....bradford was deserving...my word cheated disrepects him...not what was intended.............colt played lights out last year and imo felt he deserved the trophy...........just my opinion however.

Spread It Out
10-27-2009, 01:00 PM
By the end of this year Colt McCoy will have the most wins by a FBS quarterback in the history of the NCAA.
And still not one National Championship.

Old Tiger
10-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Spread It Out
And still not one National Championship. You are wrong...he has a National Championship ring from when he was a RS Freshmen in 2005 when Texas beat USC.

cshscougar08
10-27-2009, 04:38 PM
You are wrong...he has a National Championship ring from when he was a RS Freshmen in 2005 when Texas beat USC.

But he doesn't wear it or claim it as his own. Has said so himself.

TweetThis
10-27-2009, 04:50 PM
But he doesn't wear it or claim it as his own. Has said so himself.

This is so true..

eagleqb_14
10-27-2009, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Or I vote Taylor Potts. He's done real well for his team. but they cant win!