PDA

View Full Version : Do away with the BCS

Daddy B 12
10-25-2009, 06:16 PM
D1 College football needs to go to a play off system. The BCS ranking system is bogus. A playoff system with games played at neutral sites would be awesome in my opinion. I know the bowl games have been around for forever, but think about it...High school playoffs are exciting. How exciting would it be to have College football playoffs?

Emerson1
10-25-2009, 06:23 PM
You are the first person to ever want to get rid of the BCS.

LionKing
10-25-2009, 06:32 PM
Till the University Presidents decide they want playoffs were stuck with the BCS and the coulda, woulda, shoulda's.

skins4life
10-25-2009, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

Really??? I thought I saw several discussion on this subject last year at this time & the year before that at this time!!
:confused: :confused:
Oh wait, you're just being your sarcastic self again, aren't you??? ;) ;)

bandera7
10-25-2009, 06:40 PM
They are stupid from a publicity standpoint if they ever change it...the BCS keeps them in the news at all times during the fall.

Daddy B 12
10-25-2009, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
They are stupid from a publicity standpoint if they ever change it...the BCS keeps them in the news at all times during the fall.
True, but there could be just as much if not more publicity with a playoff system. Im sure they could find a way to incorporate the BCS bowls into the playoffs. They could possibly have the last 8 games be different bowls and every year alternate which is the national championship. It will probably never happen, i just think it would be awesome.

Daddy D 11
10-25-2009, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

:fnypost: