PDA

View Full Version : Region II Week 9 GotW: Tex. Pleasant Grove (6-2) vs. New Boston (5-2)

charlesrixey
10-25-2009, 05:58 PM
one of these teams will make the playoffs; one of them won't. It likely comes down to this game, one that New Boston won last year, 27-13.

LE Dad
10-25-2009, 07:37 PM
This is going to be a BIG game. The losers chances of making the playoffs are slim, but not impossible. The Lions and Hawks both played Ashdown in back to back weeks and both lost close games. New Boston plays much better defense and is run oriented on offense. PG is weak on defense and is wide open on offense. Best quess New Boston.

:confused:

catgut
10-25-2009, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
This is going to be a BIG game. The losers chances of making the playoffs are slim, but not impossible. The Lions and Hawks both played Ashdown in back to back weeks and both lost close games. New Boston plays much better defense and is run oriented on offense. PG is weak on defense and is wide open on offense. Best quess New Boston.
Just curious, who is the one team that beat Pittsburg?

LE Dad
10-25-2009, 09:23 PM
Lindale beat them in wk 5.

charlesrixey
10-26-2009, 07:57 AM
Pittsburg certainly looks pretty good. I do get the feeling that New Boston is going to be back in the playoffs again, but it will be close.

TPG showed last year in the playoffs that they can win elimination games, however.

SHSBulldog00
10-26-2009, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
one of these teams will make the playoffs; one of them won't. It likely comes down to this game, one that New Boston won last year, 27-13.

Revenge is Sweet!

LE Dad
10-26-2009, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Revenge is Sweet! Yes and Pleasant Grove has a lot of seniors that are used to winning. :D I actually hope the Grove wins this one. That would put both teams with negative points and would all but assure LE a berth in the playoffs. :cool:

lostaussie
10-26-2009, 03:28 PM
Yes and Pleasant Grove has a lot of seniors that are used to winning. :D I actually hope the Grove wins this one. That would put both teams with negative points and would all but assure LE a berth in the playoffs. :cool: Dude, i been gone..........but what the heck happened to yall last friday??

LE Dad
10-26-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Dude, i been gone..........but what the heck happened to yall last friday?? LOL I will give you the short list.
1. Pittsburg is a good team. They have a very good passing QB, and a good system. They run a lot of roll outs that really killed our pass rush.
2. Coaches decided to run a single wing offense, and had several bobbled and fumbled snaps. Some really big plays but too many mistakes on offensive end, putting defense in bad position.

Pitt is for real, that Manley kid at QB has great velocity and accuracy. They are gonna go deep. I would love to see them and Celina.

Did ya stab something ?

lostaussie
10-26-2009, 09:27 PM

Did ya stab something ?

:confused: yes,yes I did:D

LE Dad
10-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Well since the DL hasn't caught on in NB and it would be beneath the Grovers to say anything about their team until a playoff appearence is aassured, I guess this thread will go on life support :D

lostaussie
10-28-2009, 07:24 PM
Well since the DL hasn't caught on in NB and it would be beneath the Grovers to say anything about their team until a playoff appearence is aassured, I guess this thread will go on life support :D last word out of new boston was the the internet had not yet arrived:D The "grove" is a little too high rent to come out and play with us "downlowers":D

LE Dad
10-28-2009, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
last word out of new boston was the the internet had not yet arrived:D The "grove" is a little too high rent to come out and play with us "downlowers":D LOL, Think New Boston hoping to make it to the 2A site in February and yeah the Grovers would never look at anything that said "Down Low" that would just be too "Ghetto":rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:D

LE Dad
10-29-2009, 03:50 PM
PG is a unanimous selection of the local sports writers and usually when they all agree it is pretty accurate. :D I hope so.:clap:

LE Dad
10-29-2009, 04:04 PM
PG is a unanimous selection of the local sports writers and usually when they all agree it is pretty accurate. :D I hope so.:clap:

LE Dad
10-31-2009, 12:23 AM
Week 10 will be exciting in 16 3A. Only Pittsburg is completely in and LE is the only other team that controls its own destiny.

Here are the matchups

Liberty Eylau @ New Boston...LE favored
Pleasant Grove @ Pittsburg ....Pitt favored
Mt Vernon @ Atlanta............ both are eliminated

LE wins they are in and PG is in as 2nd D2 team. New Boston win must be by 10 if PG loses to Pitt in order for them to beat out PG for third spot. NB win and PG win and LE is out.

IHStangFan
10-31-2009, 12:25 AM
Week 10 will be exciting in 16 3A. Only Pittsburg is completely in and LE is the only other team that controls its own destiny.

Here are the matchups

Liberty Eylau @ New Boston...LE favored
Pleasant Grove @ Pittsburg ....Pitt favored
Mt Vernon @ Atlanta............ both are eliminated

LE wins they are in and PG is in as 2nd D2 team. New Boston win must be by 10 if PG loses to Pitt in order for them to beat out PG for third spot. NB win and PG win and LE is out. sounds exciting! love when it comes down to the wire!