PDA

View Full Version : Llano v Wimberley

Daddy D 11
10-25-2009, 04:27 PM
It's in Wimberley (Not gonna say anything:p)
If Llano wins, it tremendously helps LH.
If Wimberley wins, LH can hang up their cleats after the Llano game, win or lose.

I badly want Llano to win... But I think Wimberley shows up to this one and takes it.

What you think Wimbo?

dirtysouth
10-25-2009, 07:47 PM
I do not think that Wimberley can play with Llano up front. I think by the 4th qtr Llano will have them beat.

Daddy D 11
10-25-2009, 07:49 PM
Well Wimberley did beat Canyon Lake, who happened to completely wax Llano last week.

LH Panther Mom
10-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Well Wimberley did beat Canyon Lake, who happened to completely wax Llano last week.
Yeah, and we beat Wimberley, who beat Burnet, who took us behind the shed. :p

Daddy D 11
10-25-2009, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Yeah, and we beat Wimberley, who beat Burnet, who took us behind the shed. :p

Stop it.

Daddy D 11
10-25-2009, 08:33 PM
Now:mad:

:inlove:

NastySlot
10-25-2009, 09:14 PM

Canyon Lake really helped Wimberley out with this one.......turnovers for scores hurt and then a put from the endzone that went out on the 3.

Wimberley did what they had to win......but i said it last week the only thing consistant in this district is everyone turns the ball over too much.......killed Llano friday night in the first half...............killed LH a few weeks ago v. CL............really did hurt Burnet against Fred.......almost though..........i even heard that Fred and Ingram were giving the ball up a lot in there game.

Daddy D 11
10-25-2009, 09:55 PM
You lost me.

NastySlot
10-25-2009, 10:30 PM
You lost me.

sorry...........turnovers are killing teams in this district.

CL shanked a punt from the endzone and wimberley took over on the 3..........this was early in there game.

Daddy D 11
10-25-2009, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
sorry...........turnovers are killing teams in this district.

CL shanked a punt from the endzone and wimberley took over on the 3..........this was early in there game.

Gotcha.

wimbo_pro
10-26-2009, 06:37 PM
I think Wimberley will win this one, but we gotta be careful. Llano tends to play us hard every year, and i suspect they will do the same this friday. If we start off in the hole down 3 TD's (similar to the 20 point deficit with LH), we will be in trouble.

We gotta get our passing game going. If we do this, we will win.

clhsdad
10-26-2009, 07:04 PM
Your neighbors are pulling for you. Take care of business.

wimbotexan
10-26-2009, 07:52 PM
plain and simple wimberley did not show up until second half agianst LH and they almost one i think they understand the full meaning of the llano game and will hold nothing back

Daddy D 11
10-26-2009, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by wimbotexan
plain and simple wimberley did not show up until second half agianst LH and they almost one i think they understand the full meaning of the llano game and will hold nothing back

They almost one?:doh:

Yep, you're from Wimberley.

LH Panther Mom
10-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Anybody wanna text me updates? :)

All out CAT
10-30-2009, 07:12 AM
Go Yano!!!

garciap77
10-30-2009, 07:21 AM

That don't mean nothing! I say LH takes this game! Sorry Wimbo!

wimbo_pro
10-30-2009, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
That don't mean nothing! I say LH takes this game! Sorry Wimbo!

I respect and admire Garcia's opinions and views on the games discussed here on this board. He is well informed, thoughtful and reasonable in his comments and predictions. If there is anyone I would trust on a game I might not be able to personally see, its Garcia77. Thanks for the input.

By the way Garcia, we played LH last week. And you are right again...LH "took" that one.

Super_R
10-30-2009, 08:28 AM
I have to pull for Llano. LH needs the Jackets to win. Of course I would be pulling for Llano anyway.

NastySlot
10-30-2009, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Anybody wanna text me updates? :)

I can...just send me a reminder to do it....at game time.

wimbo_pro
10-30-2009, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Super_R
I have to pull for Llano. LH needs the Jackets to win. Of course I would be pulling for Llano anyway.

No surprise there. But like I said, if we play our game (for all 4 quarters) we can beat Llano. If we stumble and bumble and fumble, it will be a long night.

NastySlot
10-30-2009, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
No surprise there. But like I said, if we play our game (for all 4 quarters) we can beat Llano. If we stumble and bumble and fumble, it will be a long night.

don't feel to bad about stumbling, bumbling and fumbling...seen a lot games in this district this year and every team has done it....so hard to tell for me who is the best....got my opinion.

Super_R
10-30-2009, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro

Lets face it. Our two towns don't really get along. It makes for my favorite rivalry games. I did, however, route for you guys in 05'. I was in Waco on y'alls big night.

Have you seen the LH vs Wim alumni game page on facebook. There is some good smack talk on there...no moderators. Good times.

wimbo_pro
10-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Super_R
Lets face it. Our two towns don't really get along. It makes for my favorite rivalry games. I did, however, route for you guys in 05'. I was in Waco on y'alls big night.

Have you seen the LH vs Wim alumni game page on facebook. There is some good smack talk on there...no moderators. Good times.

I saw it, but not recently. I am sure my nephews are signing up for it...i saw some others from yesteryear signing up for it too. Good way to finally break that leg that survived high school!

TexanAlum_06
10-30-2009, 11:13 AM
There is some serious smack talking going on for that Alumini game. I suspect numerous injuries during that game. lol

Super_R
10-30-2009, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
There is some serious smack talking going on for that Alumini game. I suspect numerous injuries during that game. lol

It will be a brawl...and maybe just maybe a football game will break out. lol

sandmaster
10-30-2009, 07:22 PM
If you want to listen to the game here is a link to the website http://radiotime.com/station/s_32983/Lone_Star_1025.aspx

This is the llano radio broadcast of the game.

sandmaster
10-30-2009, 07:54 PM
Llano 3-0

LH_Tuff
10-30-2009, 08:20 PM
3-0 Llano. Halftime. :1omg!:

sandmaster
10-30-2009, 08:22 PM
Halftime in Wimberley and Llano is winning 3-0!!!

LH_Tuff
10-30-2009, 09:18 PM
What's happening?

lbjacj
10-30-2009, 09:18 PM
WIMBERLEY 14 LLANO 3
4TH QTR

65 YD RUN BY DENNIS SMITH (172 FOR THE GAME)
21-3

wimbo_pro
10-30-2009, 09:56 PM
Wimberley 21-3, late in the 4th...it's over.

Llano coaches...what the heck are you doing? You dont have the size, the speed, the quickness nor the depth to run that offense. What you DO have is a very accurate QB with a strong arm, and a couple of receivers who caught the few passes thrown with acrobatic skill. Sure, they dropped a few, but when you dont pass enough, thats going to happen. If you would have passed more and earlier, this game would have been different. Bad offensive game plan. A decision you made in August has cost you this game (and i bet many others).

Just because thats the offense you always run doesnt mean its the smart offense for your talent pool. Poor coaching, i say.

lbjacj
10-30-2009, 11:30 PM
What happens if we lose to fredricksburg and end up tied with Liberty Hill and the Burnet/Canyon Lake loser?
I don't think that will happen but ...if it does???

wimbo_pro
10-30-2009, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by lbjacj
What happens if we lose to fredricksburg and end up tied with Liberty Hill and the Burnet/Canyon Lake loser?
I don't think that will happen but ...if it does???

No idea.

snaxet
10-30-2009, 11:58 PM
It would be determined by positive points. If Burnet beats CL: Positive points are as follows: Wimberley beat Canyon Lake by 24; LH beat Wimberley by 2; CL beat LH by 7; Wimberley and CL in LH out.

If CL beats Burnet; Positive points are as follows: Wimberley beat Burnet by 7; Burnet beat LH by 40+; LH beat Wimberley by 2; Burnet and Wimberley in LH out.

I don't see a scenario where LH could get in. The 2 TD's Wimberley scored in closing minutes against LH pretty much put LH out.

Wimberley will win District with victory over Fredericksburg. The winner of Burnet and CL will be second and loser third. Burnet goes big school; Wimberley goes 1st in small school.

clhsdad
10-31-2009, 12:04 AM
Well our coaches have told our boys at Canyon Lake that their victory tonight puts them in regardless what happens next week.

Hope they are right!

snaxet
10-31-2009, 12:14 AM
They are right. Congratulations CL!!!

lbjacj
10-31-2009, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by snaxet
It would be determined by positive points. If Burnet beats CL: Positive points are as follows: Wimberley beat Canyon Lake by 24; LH beat Wimberley by 2; CL beat LH by 7; Wimberley and CL in LH out.

If CL beats Burnet; Positive points are as follows: Wimberley beat Burnet by 7; Burnet beat LH by 40+; LH beat Wimberley by 2; Burnet and Wimberley in LH out.

I don't see a scenario where LH could get in. The 2 TD's Wimberley scored in closing minutes against LH pretty much put LH out.

Wimberley will win District with victory over Fredericksburg. The winner of Burnet and CL will be second and loser third. Burnet goes big school; Wimberley goes 1st in small school.

Thanks! I thought it was something along those lines.Just didn't want a repeat of last year!:clap:

ziggy29
10-31-2009, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by clhsdad
Well our coaches have told our boys at Canyon Lake that their victory tonight puts them in regardless what happens next week.

Hope they are right!
I'm looking through all the possible scenarios and I think they're right based on head to head over LH by more points than LH beat Wimberley. Huge congrats to the Hawks -- I think everyone associated with the program ought to be proud!

I don't see a way LH can get into a 2-way tie for third at 4-2 with Wimberley, which is what I think they would need since one of Burnet and CL must lose, both of whom beat LH by more than 2 -- meaning best case for LH is a 3-way tie for second place with 2 positive points -- not enough. As it turns out, Wimberley's late rally against LH could be huge even if it didn't change the outcome of the game.

ziggy29
10-31-2009, 09:54 AM
[edit: never mind -- I thought I saw a scenario that doesn't exist.]

LH Panther Mom
11-01-2009, 06:22 AM
Not that it makes any difference in the long run, since there's only one game (I think) that qualifies, but positive points are capped at 17.