PDA

View Full Version : Alabama actully gains in the coaches poll

Z-RO
10-25-2009, 03:16 PM
freaking unheard of :confused:

It killed me listening to the announcers yesterday "now thats how a championship team gets it done".

I know I know...we win out and we are in the BCS title game, hopefully Mack can use this as motivation for this weeks game against OSU.

Keith7
10-25-2009, 03:24 PM
They are in the hardest conference in football, there will be close games like that but the fact they won proves they are the best in the country.. any team can win in the "big" 12.. Alabama would be blowing out its opponents by 50 in every game if they were in that conference

Txbroadcaster
10-25-2009, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
They are in the hardest conference in football, there will be close games like that but the fact they won proves they are the best in the country.. any team can win in the "big" 12.. Alabama would be blowing out its opponents by 50 in every game if they were in that conference

blah blah blah BS Blah Blah Blah

Z-RO
10-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
blah blah blah BS Blah Blah Blah

:clap: :iagree:

Keith7
10-25-2009, 03:32 PM
It's the truth.. I always get a kick out of these, "everyone hates on texas, its so sad, waa waa waa, every other team is overrated" threads though

XtremeCouture
10-25-2009, 03:34 PM
It's the truth.. I always get a kick out of these, "everyone hates on texas, its so sad, waa waa waa, every other team is overrated" threads though

haha i get a kick out of u just trying to make people mad. it must suck having no friends hahahahahahahahaha.

Txbroadcaster
10-25-2009, 03:37 PM

I dont think every team is overrated..I do think The SEC has a whole gets a pass when a top team AT HOME struggles agianst a 3-3 team..the argument..well it is the SEC so that is ok is a bunk argument

Alabama has a good D..solid running game, but a TERRIBLE passing game

Daddy D 11
10-25-2009, 03:51 PM
They do have a sold running game. But that solid running game couldn't even put the ball in the endzone yesterday. They are a very good team, but I don't think they are that much better than Florida and Texas. They shouldn't be gaining votes:thinking:

Txbroadcaster
10-25-2009, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
They do have a sold running game. But that solid running game couldn't even put the ball in the endzone yesterday. They are a very good team, but I don't think they are that much better than Florida and Texas. They shouldn't be gaining votes:thinking:

and they put one TD on the board the week before agianst South Carolina

NastySlot
10-25-2009, 04:01 PM
said many times....i seen games yearly in the SEC and Big XII....top to bottom SEC is better...the speed of the game is different...talent is better....coaching is better and the rivalries make each game in the SEC a battle the only thing those of you that haven't attended an SEC game could compare it to would be like Texas/OU......now I have to be honesty never have seen vandy or kentucky play live...but my guess would be vandy games are like big xii games.............come on you really think Texas could battle week in week out in the SEC..........for the first time last year they actually faced a tough stretch....OU. Missouri, Tech and OSU and they didn't come out 4-0...........that one year stretch is what they would face weekly in SEC..............3-3 SEC team is still better than a 5-1 or 4-2 big xii..........thats reality...............now im am not a horn fan....i do appreciate their talent and coaching.............i would take them in a championship game against anyone only cause of the prep time and it's one game.... but I believe in the SEC they would average two losses a season......which is better then running the table in a weak big xii.

big daddy russ
10-25-2009, 04:01 PM
I dont think every team is overrated..I do think The SEC has a whole gets a pass when a top team AT HOME struggles agianst a 3-3 team..the argument..well it is the SEC so that is ok is a bunk argument

You're right. Elite teams shouldn't struggle against three-loss teams. (http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=292620251)

Texas is more overrated here in our home state than Florida and Bama are everywhere else. We have more homers than a Simpsons toy store.

NastySlot
10-25-2009, 04:02 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
and they put one TD on the board the week before agianst South Carolina [/QUOTE

traditionally Alabama has never scored a lot or blown people out............and remember on thing.........the speed of the game in SEC.

Txbroadcaster
10-25-2009, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
You're right. Elite teams shouldn't struggle against three-loss teams. (http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=292620251)

Texas is more overrated here in our home state than Florida and Bama are everywhere else. We have more homers than a Simpsons toy store.

And Texas was called for their struggles agianst TTech and Colorado and to an extent the OU game..That is my whole point.

When Alabama struggles to beat Tenn at home or Florida struggles to beat Ark at home, they are given a pass alot quicker.

NastySlot
10-25-2009, 04:08 PM
don't sweat it right now.............Texas is sitting good and should have no problem making it to the championship game.....weak non-conference schedule......weak conference.....will play a weak north division winner in the championship game ....have almost two months to prep for the BCS title game...........they pretty much have to just stay healthy....................Florida and Bama are likely to lose once or twice and have to play in a real conference championship game.................keep an eye on LSU...they re getting better each week.

my pick.....Texas win the nc.

Daddy D 11
10-25-2009, 04:15 PM
This is no big deal though, in the end if Tx wins out they are in. No matter what.

I just hope Iowa loses so we don't have to watch them get mauled by some team in a BCS game.

TheDOCTORdre
10-25-2009, 04:18 PM
Top to bottom the SEC may be better than the Big XII but that doesnt matter, the top team in the Big XII, Texas is better than whoever ends up being the top team in the SEC and they will prove it in Pasedena

Pendragon13
10-25-2009, 04:45 PM
I throw a flag on this thread........15 yard penalty.......excessive ellipse abuse....:D

Pendragon13
10-25-2009, 04:46 PM
I agree with those saying the SEC gets a pass for sub-par performances.

Move The Chains
10-25-2009, 04:50 PM
I just wanna say this:

Tennessee would beat Missouri by at least 3 TD's.

Z-RO
10-25-2009, 04:58 PM
the SEC is stronger overall, however I think Oklahoma donkey stomps Tennessee. Alabama only had 1 penalty called against them yesterday and still should have lost but yet they get rewarded for it, that is what pisses me off. The "#1" team in the nation has only scored 1 TD in the last 2 games, if you cant see that there is a problem with that something is wrong! I think Florida is overrated, however, I can see how they have a claim being #1 until they are beat (even though the officials against Arkansas was horrible and gave them the W). Texas beat an Oklahoma team that is 4-3 by 3 points and loses votes, Alabama nearly loses to a HORRIBLE Tennesse team and wins by 2 points and gains votes...:crazy:

Move The Chains
10-25-2009, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
HORRIBLE Tennesse team y: I'll say it again. IMO, Tennessee is better than all but maybe 3 big 12 teams.

Z-RO
10-25-2009, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
I just wanna say this:

Tennessee would beat Missouri by at least 3 TD's.

So Texas beats them by nearly 5 TD's (34 points)

34-21=13

Tennesse loses to Alabama by 2

13-2=11

So your telling me Texas is at least 11 points better then Alabama? I mean after all I am just using your assumption that Tennessee would beat Missouri by 21. :p

Z-RO
10-25-2009, 05:04 PM
I'll say it again. IMO, Tennessee is better than all but maybe 3 big 12 teams.

1 Texas
2 Oklahoma
3 ??? It dont matter

You just pretty much admitted my point. Texas beats Oklahoma by 3 (which is better then Tennesse) and loses votes, all the while Alabama squeeks out a win against Tennesse and actully gains votes.

Move The Chains
10-25-2009, 05:05 PM
So Texas beats them by nearly 5 TD's (34 points)

34-21=13

Tennesse loses to Alabama by 2

13-2=11

So your telling me Texas is at least 11 points better then Alabama? I mean after all I am just using your assumption that Tennessee would beat Missouri by 21. :p You can do whatever you like with common opponents and scores. I'm just saying Alabama beat a lot better team than Texas did. Granted it was close, unlike Texas' game. Just saying, Tennessee is a lot better than you're giving them credit for.

big daddy russ
10-25-2009, 05:05 PM
Tennessee's four losses have come by a combined 20 points. The UCLA loss was unexcusable, but Florida, Bama and Auburn would roll through the Big XII like it was a flat piece of West Texas highway. Well, maybe Auburn wouldn't roll, but it'd be the third- or fourth-best team in the conference and would give the top two a run for their money.

Move The Chains
10-25-2009, 05:06 PM
1 Texas
2 Oklahoma
3 ??? It dont matter

You just pretty much admitted my point. Texas beats Oklahoma by 3 (which is better then Tennesse) and loses votes, all the while Alabama squeeks out a win against Tennesse and actully gains votes. Maybe OSU for the number 3 spot.

All these point comparisons mean nothing.

Move The Chains
10-25-2009, 05:07 PM
Tennessee's four losses have come by a combined 20 points. The UCLA loss was unexcusable, but Florida, Bama and Auburn would roll through the Big XII like it was a flat piece of West Texas highway. Well, maybe Auburn wouldn't roll, but it'd be the third- or fourth-best team in the conference and would give the top two a run for their money. ^ That

Emerson1
10-25-2009, 05:08 PM
I'll take the smart "slow" players in the Big 12 over the fast idiots that reside all over the SEC.

Old Tiger
10-25-2009, 05:09 PM
Oklahoma State beat Georgia!

Z-RO
10-25-2009, 05:09 PM
^ That

Oklahoma has 3 losses by a combined 5 points...so what is your point?

Daddy D 11
10-25-2009, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I'll take the smart "slow" players in the Big 12 over the fast idiots that reside all over the SEC.

HAHA. I love this..

Move The Chains
10-25-2009, 05:12 PM
Oklahoma has 3 losses by a combined 5 points...so what is your point? I never said Oklahama wasn't better than Tennessee. If you go back and read my post, I said that Texas, OU, and maybe OSU ARE better than Tennessee. My point is that yea, Alabama barely won, but they played a team that would roll Texas' opponent.

Z-RO
10-25-2009, 05:15 PM
Tennessee's four losses have come by a combined 20 points. The UCLA loss was unexcusable, but Florida, Bama and Auburn would roll through the Big XII like it was a flat piece of West Texas highway. Well, maybe Auburn wouldn't roll, but it'd be the third- or fourth-best team in the conference and would give the top two a run for their money.

UCLA (3-4) beat Tennesse worse then Alabama did so what is your point? Heck Florida only beat them by 6 more points then UCLA. Heck by yalls method of thinking the Pac-10 (which has accounted for all of UCLA's losses) is a stronger conference then the SEC is.

Z-RO
10-25-2009, 05:16 PM
I never said Oklahama was better than Tennessee. If you go back and read my post, I said that Texas, OU, and maybe OSE ARE better than Tennessee. My point is that yea, Alabama barely won, but they played a team that would roll Texas' opponent.

WRONG

I'll say it again. IMO, Tennessee is better than all but maybe 3 big 12 teams.

You said MAYBE, which gives room for doubt

Move The Chains
10-25-2009, 05:32 PM
You said MAYBE, which gives room for doubt I made 2 typos, had to go back and edit, but I think you misunderstood my post. Texas and OU ARE better than Tenn and maybe OSU.

Z-RO
10-25-2009, 05:35 PM
I made 2 typos, had to go back and edit, but I think you misunderstood my post. Texas and OU ARE better than Tenn and maybe OSU.

EXACTLY!!! Oklahoma IS BETTER then Tennesse and Texas got penalized for only beating them by 3. On the other hand Alabama squeeks out a win against Tennesse and they actully GAINED points. Thank you for helping me prove my point. :clap:

Move The Chains
10-25-2009, 05:39 PM
EXACTLY!!! Oklahoma IS BETTER then Tennesse and Texas got penalized for only beating them by 3. On the other hand Alabama squeeks out a win against Tennesse and they actully GAINED points. Thank you for helping me prove my point. :clap: Oklahoma is better with Bradford. Texas beat OU while they weren't at full throttle. That's why they dropped.

Old Tiger
10-25-2009, 05:45 PM
Oklahoma is better with Bradford. Texas beat OU while they weren't at full throttle. That's why they dropped. :rolleyes: :dispntd:

charlesrixey
10-25-2009, 05:46 PM

i agree

it's mostly rediculous because this is the same media that said Texas was way overrated after a close win over Oklahoma. If anyone thinks Tennessee is in the same league as Oklahoma they are sadly mistaken-and i like tennessee

Z-RO
10-25-2009, 05:46 PM
Oklahoma is better with Bradford. Texas beat OU while they weren't at full throttle. That's why they dropped.

Now you are just trying to stretch things out. Texas beat Oklahoma with Bradford last season. Besides that point if you want to talk about injurys yes they didnt have Bradford or Grisham. Of course Texas didnt have their starting TE Irby, or his back up DJ Grant. Trey Newton or Vondrell McGee at RB, as well as Norton at LB (and if you want to get picky we didnt have one of our starting WR's either with Collins being ineligable). Im sure if Bradford would have played the entire game the results would have been different. After all Texas only held them to negative 14 yards rushing in addition to holding Bradford to 2 of 6 passing while he was in the game. Bradford didnt seem to have that same problem against Baylor the previous week. Next excuse?

Move The Chains
10-25-2009, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
i agree

it's mostly rediculous because this is the same media that said Texas was way overrated after a close win over Oklahoma. If anyone thinks Tennessee is in the same league as Oklahoma they are sadly mistaken-and i like tennessee Oklahoma - Bradford < Tennessee

Old Tiger
10-25-2009, 05:49 PM
Oklahoma - Bradford < Tennessee Landry Jones >>>> Crompton

NastySlot
10-25-2009, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Top to bottom the SEC may be better than the Big XII but that doesnt matter, the top team in the Big XII, Texas is better than whoever ends up being the top team in the SEC and they will prove it in Pasedena

you're right only cause in a one game season (championship) texas has a good a chance as anyone to win.........play in the SEC and odds are they don't make it to the BCS title game................said it before Texas stays healthy and the win it all.......weak non conference schedule....weak division....weak conference championship opponent........almost two months to prep for a title game..........Texas will win it all we will have to listen to how great this team is (and they maybe)....and they weren't challenged all season..........and reality they had a weak schedule.

all this so and so is over rated and the polls are bunk and i can't believe they only won by ????? is moot point.......not a horn fan but Texas has the easy road to the championship....ease up on the belly aching and feeling sorry that Texas is so over looked....in three months you can start to beat your chest and tell us how great the horns are.

bandera7
10-25-2009, 06:38 PM
Firstly, please less...............

Secondly, OU has a fresh line this year, Grisham out, and not the same Bradford as last year. Is this years big 12 as good as last years? NO. Is this years big 12 as bad as some of the posters seem to think? NO. Remember OSU's RB Hunter has been out a while. Baylor lost Griffin. Mizzou just lost probably the best QB in their programs history. The Big 12 IS hurting a bit this year. But, Tenn would be fourth or fifth in the big 12 south at best.

Move The Chains
10-25-2009, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
But, Tenn would be fourth or fifth in the big 12 south at best. crazy.

bandera7
10-25-2009, 06:41 PM
crazy.

Texas and OU would stomp them. We established that. I believe a healthy OSU beats them as badly. A Baylor with Griffin as well. And then it all depends on which Aggie and Tech teams show up.

LionKing
10-25-2009, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
you're right only cause in a one game season (championship) texas has a good a chance as anyone to win.........play in the SEC and odds are they don't make it to the BCS title game................said it before Texas stays healthy and the win it all.......weak non conference schedule....weak division....weak conference championship opponent........almost two months to prep for a title game..........Texas will win it all we will have to listen to how great this team is (and they maybe)....and they weren't challenged all season..........and reality they had a weak schedule.

all this so and so is over rated and the polls are bunk and i can't believe they only won by ????? is moot point.......not a horn fan but Texas has the easy road to the championship....ease up on the belly aching and feeling sorry that Texas is so over looked....in three months you can start to beat your chest and tell us how great the horns are. C'mon Nastyslot, I thought you were better than that, you're being just like all the other Texas haters in using the old SEC is better routine as an excuse for crappy playing, SEC is just like any other conference, you don't show up, you will look like crap or may even lose the game, playing crappy is no excuse what ever conference you're in, and Bama and Florida are getting a pass for crappy play, and it will catch up to Both teams eventually.

Move The Chains
10-25-2009, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
Texas and OU would stomp them. We established that. I believe a healthy OSU beats them as badly. A Baylor with Griffin as well. And then it all depends on which Aggie and Tech teams show up. Baylor with Griffin gets murdered. OSU is a big maybe.... and Tech and A&M have a chance.... BUT not likely that they win.

Doesn't really matter though. Texas controls their own destiny.

slpybear the bullfan
10-25-2009, 07:34 PM
The SEC darlings get a free pass on crappy play.

PERIOD.

So does Texas.

But none get as big a media butt kissing applied to them as do USC and ND.

Can we all agree on that?

Daddy D 11
10-25-2009, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
The SEC darlings get a free pass on crappy play.

PERIOD.

So does Texas.

But none get as big a media butt kissing applied to them as do USC and ND.

Can we all agree on that?

Absolutely yes.