PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Brownwood

Bullaholic
10-25-2009, 02:41 PM
Congrats to Brownwood for a huge win over Graham. I picked Graham by 10 in this one and the Lions scrapped hard and proved me wrong. I know the Brownwood players and fans feel that they do not need any validation, but I feel this big win did that for the Lions in the eyes of many. Now, if we can just stand Rocket's hype from here on in----can you imagine when the Lions get in the playoffs? :D

Rocket
10-25-2009, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Congrats to Brownwood for a huge win over Graham. I picked Graham by 10 in this one and the Lions scrapped hard and proved me wrong. I know the Brownwood players and fans feel that they do not need any validation, but I feel this big win did that for the Lions in the eyes of many. Now, if we can just stand Rocket's hype from here on in----can you imagine when the Lions get in the playoffs? :D

If you see my posts as just for fun, like I have been saying from the get go, you will enjoy them more.

Remember: Leading up to the game all smack talk is valid. It is not wrong to believe in your team and talk some noise. It is what happens after the game that defines what the person is about.

Thanks for the congrats!

Looking4number8
10-25-2009, 03:26 PM
I know the Brownwood players and fans feel that they do not need any validation,

This is where you are wrong, we have a long ways to go to prove we are in the elite class of football teams after last year... We are a long ways from it but hopefully we can win the next two then have a good run in the playoffs.

Thanks for the congrats though.. it was a fun win!

Bullaholic
10-25-2009, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
If you see my posts as just for fun, like I have been saying from the get go, you will enjoy them more.

Remember: Leading up to the game all smack talk is valid. It is not wrong to believe in your team and talk some noise. It is what happens after the game that defines what the person is about.

Thanks for the congrats!

I agree, Rocket---smack talking for fun, is fun---I do it myself before a big Bulls game---IMO, it adds to the experience and fun. However, I don't think I will ever be in your league. :D

I've been trying to talk our coach into scheduling Brownwood in pre-district and having the game at Mineral Wells or Stephenville. I don't think anybody's butt would touch a seat for the entire game. These two crowds would be something to see in the same stadium.

95mustang
10-25-2009, 04:49 PM
I agree, Rocket---smack talking for fun, is fun---I do it myself before a big Bulls game---IMO, it adds to the experience and fun. However, I don't think I will ever be in your league. :D

I've been trying to talk our coach into scheduling Brownwood in pre-district and having the game at Mineral Wells or Stephenville. I don't think anybody's butt would touch a seat for the entire game. These two crowds would be something to see in the same stadium.

It could definitely be a great atmosphere. Friday night Graham brought a huge crowd and the entire 4th quarter not a person was setting on either side of the stadium. It has been awhile since that type of nosie and electricity has been in that stadium from both sides of the field.

Thanks for the congrats Bull and just for the record we didn't put the points up your Bulls did but we did have 520 yards of offense.:D

ccmom
10-25-2009, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
It could definitely be a great atmosphere. Friday night Graham brought a huge crowd and the entire 4th quarter not a person was setting on either side of the stadium. It has been awhile since that type of nosie and electricity has been in that stadium from both sides of the field.

Thanks for the congrats Bull and just for the record we didn't put the points up your Bulls did but we did have 520 yards of offense.:D i L48 said he was disappointed in the size of the Graham crowd.

95mustang
10-25-2009, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
i L48 said he was disappointed in the size of the Graham crowd.

They kept trickling in throughout the first quarter. The biggest crowd we have seen on that side in a couple of years.

ccmom
10-25-2009, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
They kept trickling in throughout the first quarter. The biggest crowd we have seen on that side in a couple of years. Awesome! Again,congrats on the win!

Looking4number8
10-25-2009, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
i L48 said he was disappointed in the size of the Graham crowd. I guess I am just still thinking about the days when we were in the same district with Stephenville, when those games came up, there was not an empty seat on that side of the field!

95mustang
10-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I guess I am just still thinking about the days when we were in the same district with Stephenville, when those games came up, there was not an empty seat on that side of the field!

Those games were stading room only. No seats and no where to stand. Those made for some wild Friday nights.

Trashman
10-25-2009, 08:53 PM
I seem to remember that for some Cleburne games that extra portable bleachers were placed behind the end zones.

Thanks for the validation we do need it.:D

OldBison75
10-25-2009, 10:46 PM
Brownwood going 7-3 and in the playoffs is what I predicted back in July or August. I also said that Brownwood could go deep in the playoffs. NO CHANGE in that prediction, but the Brownwood vs Graham (the sequel) could be very, very interesting. That game might go into more overtimes than any game in High School Football history.

Grahamcheerdad
10-26-2009, 08:32 AM
Good Game Brownwood Jaxon is the real thing

BwdLion_80
10-26-2009, 08:52 AM
Case is pretty darn good himself!!!

jason
10-26-2009, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Brownwood going 7-3 and in the playoffs is what I predicted back in July or August. I also said that Brownwood could go deep in the playoffs. NO CHANGE in that prediction, but the Brownwood vs Graham (the sequel) could be very, very interesting. That game might go into more overtimes than any game in High School Football history.

or graham could win it outright...

its hard to beat a good team twice in one season...

hollywood
10-26-2009, 09:00 AM

That would make for a good pre-district game no doubt. Stephenville would be a great place to host it. Very convenient for me. Could you imagine all the maroon in that stadium?

BwdLions
10-26-2009, 09:16 AM
There were some very good athletes on the field Friday night in Bwd. Case McCoy put on a show in the 2nd half. It was impressive how he kept bringing the Steers back again and again. That last drive was incredible. Especially when Graham had a 4th and 20. Case scrambled for 22 yards and kept the drive alive, and then through the TD pass to get the Steers within one point.

Jaxon Shipley was making great catches (with Steer defenders all around him at times), and Derek Longoria was making plays all over the field on offense, defense and special teams (including the blocked PAT after Graham's last TD).

Rocket
10-26-2009, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75

If there is a Brownwood-Graham II, Brownwood will win by 14+. Write it down. Could have easily happened Friday night. Brownwood will be a full grown beast by then.

garciap77
10-28-2009, 11:07 PM
If there is a Brownwood-Graham II, Brownwood will win by 14+. Write it down. Could have easily happened Friday night. Brownwood will be a full grown beast by then.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

grahampaw
10-28-2009, 11:18 PM
If there is a Brownwood-Graham II, Brownwood will win by 14+. Write it down. Could have easily happened Friday night. Brownwood will be a full grown beast by then. Could have if they only played one half.

Rocket
10-28-2009, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by grahampaw
Could have if they only played one half.

If Shipley doesn't fall down on the coverage or drop the ball going in to score, it would have been. He'll cover and score next time and we won't commmit 100 yards in penalties. Get ready if it happens. Brownwood vs. Graham II won't be pretty for Graham. We were clearly the better team.

grahampaw
10-29-2009, 12:03 AM
And if we dont drop a pass in the endzone or fumble at the 40..............this could go on all night.If we play again it could go either way...........maybe this time you make the game.