PDA

View Full Version : Region III GOTW: Cleveland vs Coldspring

R3Editor
10-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Should be a good game!

Daddy D 11
10-25-2009, 04:17 PM
Will probably be a boring thread though.

navscanmaster
10-25-2009, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Will probably be a boring thread though.

OldBison75 and myself will have a little fun with trojandad. You can join in if you want.:p

where is the game, trojandad? home team wins this game.

Daddy D 11
10-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Cleveland definitely takes this one. Coldspring sucks:)

OldBison75
10-25-2009, 08:15 PM
This is typical east Texas football. Two towns, close together, big rivalry, and just plain don't like each other. Cleveland has the size of school in thier favor but Coldspring has the speed factor. I think that the home team definitely has an advantage in this game, but regardless, I think that Coldspring might just pull this one out. I'm not sure that either is looking forward to the first round playoff matchups, but Coldspring might have more incentive to win to avoid WOS if possible.

Maybe the Sheriff in Coldspring can detour a few of the Cleveland people to Camilla and get them lost in the woods behind the dam. They tell me that strange things happen down in the hole and those town boys from Cleveland might not get out.

Daddy D 11
10-25-2009, 08:16 PM
I think Coldspring takes this one. Cleveland sucks:)

trojandad
10-25-2009, 08:18 PM
lol @ cleveland sucks.....

is at our house this year.....i believe the key to winning is if our qb can stay healthy, last yrs game was tied at half but our qb hurt his left leg the start of the 3rd and was throwing off his back leg the rest of the game, resulting in 3 ints and 3 cleveland scores, we just don't have the bodies to play defense an entire half....our best defense is a good offense....

our offense is up 20% from lat year while clevelands is down almost 15%, clevelands defense is statistically better but both teams lost their big horses from last yr and are playing more team ball....our qb is going at a 60% completion rate, almost all to wide outs, averaging over 37 yrds/completion.....

i don't think cleveland can win as long as our offense gives our defense some rest throughout the game, if we do a lot of 3 and outs cleveland would probably win the 4th qtr....

i think the stars are aligned, if shepherd can take the 3rd playoff spot over huffman and splendora for the first time in forever, we can beat cleveland at home without needing as big of a miracle...

coldspring 28
cleveland 21

trojandad
10-25-2009, 08:32 PM
bison,i know nobody understood that one (except for poor speeders through shepherd in the 80's), but i fell off my chair laughing, way funny.....maybe we can explain it sometime......

just wanted to tell you that whether we play wo-s or not is hinged big time on shepherd-huffman next fri, if shepherd wins they are the 3rd team in and cleveland goes d1, we'd play bridge city whether we beat cleveland or not......

judging by winning margins between common opponents of huffman and shepherd, it looks from here like shepherd probably has the edge on this one, it is in shepherd which will help them as well......

WOS87
10-25-2009, 08:47 PM
As long as Shepherd beats Huffman and WO-S wins their final two games, neither Coldspring nor Cleveland would have to worry about WO-S in the first round.

trojandad
10-25-2009, 08:51 PM
yea, but if shepherd goes in as the 3rd team, cleveland's woes are multiplied....gilmer-carthage winner is gonna be one salty opponent for somebody eventually.....

WOS87
10-25-2009, 08:53 PM
LOL, you beat me to it!

Jasper folk are guaranteeing me that they'll keep Carthage in D2... Jasper has to lose their last two games to Rusk and Center for Carthage to go D1. We shall see!

HEMOTOXIC
10-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Coldspring!

navscanmaster
10-25-2009, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
bison,i know nobody understood that one (except for poor speeders through shepherd in the 80's), but i fell off my chair laughing, way funny.....maybe we can explain it sometime......

Hey, I understood that one. I lived in Waterwood and hung around the lake for a few years.....

big daddy russ
10-25-2009, 09:50 PM
I used to live in Dodge, and I have family in Cleveland, so I've got some ties to both teams. Still, I developed a fondness for Coldspring when I was living in Dodge, so I'll be pulling for the Trojans.

trojandad
10-26-2009, 12:00 AM
so YOUR one of the four families in dodge.....lol

big daddy russ
10-26-2009, 01:23 AM
so YOUR one of the four families in dodge.....lol
Actually, I was the fifth family when I lived there. The size of the town doubled when my family came to visit.

SHSBulldog00
10-26-2009, 08:40 AM
The Indians D will lead the way.

thepatriot
10-26-2009, 11:49 AM
trojandad.

do you remember 2 years ago when Cleveland beat Coldspring 16-14 on their home turf? Everyone predicted a Coldspring blowout... Even last year when Cleveland blew you guys out everyone prediced Coldspring because they were so fast. I dont want to make any predictions but I will tell you that Cleveland will come ready to play.. Remember, they haven't lost to Coldspring druing Tullos' tenure.

As for 21-3A I think Coldspring and Cleveland can beat either WOS or Silsbee. Should be some great bi-district games this year.

trojandad
10-26-2009, 12:44 PM
first, your right, coldspring was a big favorite that game, but that was just because they had beaten cleveland 40-0 the year before and i think there was some carry over in some minds, heck, we even beat a good navasota team the same year....

second, i'm probably the biggest coach tullos fan in coldspring, his dad and i graduated same year from cleveland and i saw him grow up and was at the game he was playing in where cleveland came back from 3 td's down in jasper's stadium to win the game....coach tullos has done one incredible thing there, made it as popular to play football as basketball, cleveland has always had the athletes, they were just all round balling....

last, coldspring isn't that much faster than other teams, i think the thing with them is they ALWAYS have team speed, they just only do well in years when the o and d lines are as good as the backs.....the years we went to the state finals in 92 and the semis in 96 where we almost beat sealy during their great run, we had a line coach that elvin bethea, the oiler great, said was the best line coach he had ever had....when coach wo in newton was here in 2002 we went a couple of levels deep only to meet up with lagrange....its our line play that is usually the achilles heel we have, the kids are just quick out here.....

simple fact is coach tullos has the indians believing they can win and the athletes playing, cleveland's enrollment is almost twice as big as coldsprings and attrition hurts the trojans.....the reason i feel coldspring has a chance is looking at scores with common opponents.....but i very much feel last yr would have been coldsprings game if the qb stayed healthy, it was easy to see cleveland was really nervous about scott up the middle and allen was having a great day with single coverage.....

not like i'd bet the mortgage on it or anything like that, i just think david has a good shot at goliath this year.....

All out CAT
10-26-2009, 03:51 PM
Once got in a fight with a pine tree going home from sundance.

A month after Coldspring got in handed to them by Southlake Carrol

ProudHornetMom
10-26-2009, 05:38 PM
:wave:

Just watching from Caldwell

navscanmaster
10-26-2009, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by All out CAT
Once got in a fight with a pine tree going home from sundance.

A month after Coldspring got in handed to them by Southlake Carrol

I got a warning for 88 in a 55 from Lacy Rogers....

trojandad
10-26-2009, 09:46 PM
lacy gave warnings, parker gave water torture.....:mad:

oh, and sundance is a church now.......

would have loved to have seen peveto coach against southlake, we'll never know.....i know he wouldn't have agreed to start that game at almost midnight, especially after calling it off once for a thunderstorm.....sure miss that guy.....

trojandad
10-27-2009, 11:40 AM
3 days until......win or lose, these are the days we wait all spring and summer for......if baseball did this much for me, maybe i wouldn't miss it SO bad in the off season.........

thepatriot
10-27-2009, 12:00 PM
I heard through the grapevine that Cleveland HS star LB and TCU Committ #26 Marcus Mallett will be out for Fridays game vs Coldspring. High Ankle sprain from last Fridays game vs Tarkington.

trojandad
10-27-2009, 12:35 PM
i heard he was hurtin but i'd be surprised if he stays off the field, he's one tough guy......

All out CAT
10-27-2009, 12:55 PM
that's what I have heard, that's funny. Has it cleaned ya'lls act up yet? :)
Where do all of the kids go to stay out of "trouble" now?

lacy gave warnings, parker gave water torture.....:mad:

oh, and sundance is a church now.......

would have loved to have seen peveto coach against southlake, we'll never know.....i know he wouldn't have agreed to start that game at almost midnight, especially after calling it off once for a thunderstorm.....sure miss that guy.....

trojandad
10-27-2009, 03:39 PM
kids mainly go to huntsville to play....just not much to do except the lake, if you don't have a boat it gets kinda slow in the woods....

the church is nice out there, too bad the elected officials that are bad guys don't take advantage of it.....

trojandad
10-28-2009, 08:07 PM
is anyone planning to make the game? some of us are thinking about having ribs at florida's before the game if anyone is interested.........the more the merrier......

trojandad
10-30-2009, 03:29 PM
well thanks for makin us GOTW, guess we don't have enough onliners between the two of us to make for a full week, oh well.....everyone have a safe trip to your games and we'll call in updates, safe game to all the players.......

trojandad
10-31-2009, 01:09 AM
finally made it home, visited with my cleveland friends.....was SUCH a great game, very similar to the first half of last yrs game....cleveland kids played hard under wet wet wet conditions.....game was there for either team to take, we lost the ball down by the goal that would have won the game.....

i don't think this cleveland team is as good as last yrs team, especially in line play, we outgained them....if cleveland really merits being a state ranked team this year, we are a good team as well....at least we better be, we've now got WO-S to dance with, lol.......

GREAT GAME, CLEVELAND, CONGRATS........