PDA

View Full Version : Penn State...

carter08
10-25-2009, 12:34 PM
has allowed less than 10 points in 5 of 8 games.

allowed 10 to Michigan in a 35-10 win, and allowed 17 to Illinois, but 14 of those came in the 4th when Penn State wasn't playing aggressively.

the only game their stellar defense failed in? AND the only time the offense was held below 20?

21-10 loss to Iowa.

Say what you will about Iowa, but they beat a Penn State team that is very, very good. They're undefeated in the Big 10, which might not mean that much, but should.

Iowa, to me, is a top 4 school. Have them play Florida, Alabama, and Texas and I think they come out with at least one win there, if not 2.

Daddy D 11
10-25-2009, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by carter08

Iowa, to me, is a top 4 school. Have them play Florida, Alabama, and Texas and I think they come out with at least one win there, if not 2.

Never Never Never would that happen.

Iowa would absolutely get rolled by Tx, Florida, Bama and USC.

Iowa sucks. And so does the big ten. Weakest conference.

carter08
10-25-2009, 12:49 PM
the knock on Iowa is that the Big 10 is weak and they aren't dominating Big 10 teams, yeah?

quick question: reverse the score of the Iowa/ Penn State game. now, try to tell me that Penn State is not a top 5 team. Iowa shut down the Big 10's best offense, yet they get disrespected.

they're doing what it takes to keep winning games. if they can hold Penn State to 10, they can hold Texas to 10 if they're playing their best. They'd play a low scoring affair against Bama that would be won by the least sloppy team. Florida's defense would overwhelm them, but they'd keep Tebow in check.

Daddy D 11
10-25-2009, 12:52 PM
the knock on Iowa is that the Big 10 is weak and they aren't dominating Big 10 teams, yeah?

quick question: reverse the score of the Iowa/ Penn State game. now, try to tell me that Penn State is not a top 5 team. Iowa shut down the Big 10's best offense, yet they get disrespected.

they're doing what it takes to keep winning games. if they can hold Penn State to 10, they can hold Texas to 10 if they're playing their best. They'd play a low scoring affair against Bama that would be won by the least sloppy team. Florida's defense would overwhelm them, but they'd keep Tebow in check.

Why are we reversing scores? And Penn State is no Texas man. I would seriously pick UofH to win over Iowa and Penn State. The speed that Houston has is way too much for the big ten. I mean look at the big tens bowl record in the past 5-6 years. It's awful. They can't match up with anyone outside their conference.

carter08
10-25-2009, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Why are we reversing scores? And Penn State is no Texas man. I would seriously pick UofH to win over Iowa and Penn State. The speed that Houston has is way too much for the big ten. I mean look at the big tens bowl record in the past 5-6 years. It's awful. They can't match up with anyone outside their conference.

i'd pick UH to beat anyone in the country though. xD

yes, big 10 schools haven't had the most success. but last season, ohio state only lost by 3. penn state was overmatched by a pretty good USC team, Iowa beat SC, Michigan State...well, bad example there.

Daddy D 11
10-25-2009, 01:00 PM
Iowa beat Northern Iowa 17-16 at home:rolleyes:
Then beat Arkansas State 24-21 at home?:thinking:
Then beat a weak Wisconsin team by 10 and Michigan State by 2 in the last seconds? Come on.

Iowa has the 63rd ranked offense in the country man.
They're the first team in history to have that high of a ranking and that bad of an offense.

carter08
10-25-2009, 01:03 PM
Iowa beat Northern Iowa 17-16 at home:rolleyes:
Then beat Arkansas State 24-21 at home?:thinking:
Then beat a weak Wisconsin team by 10 and Michigan State by 2 in the last seconds? Come on.

Iowa has the 63rd ranked offense in the country man.
They're the first team in history to have that high of a ranking and that bad of an offense.

Iowa isn't that good offensively.

Iowa held Wisconsin to far below their season average. Defensively, I think they could shut down some good teams. As for Arkansas State, every team has bad games.

carter08
10-25-2009, 01:05 PM
Maybe what I'm trying to say is this:

Texas, Alabama, and Florida are the 3 best teams.

Iowa is better than Boise and Cincinati and should be ranked above them. On a good night, Iowa could hang with the top 3.

Daddy D 11
10-25-2009, 01:13 PM
Maybe what I'm trying to say is this:

Texas, Alabama, and Florida are the 3 best teams.

Iowa is better than Boise and Cincinati and should be ranked above them. On a good night, Iowa could hang with the top 3.

I like that. I can't stand Cincy. And I liked Boise after the Oregon win, but man they've looked weak ever since.

My top 5 goes like this, for what it's worth:

Bama
Tx
Florida
TCU
USC

carter08
10-25-2009, 01:17 PM
I like that. I can't stand Cincy. And I liked Boise after the Oregon win, but man they've looked weak ever since.

My top 5 goes like this, for what it's worth:

Bama
Tx
Florida
TCU
USC

USC- bleck. I think they lose to Oregon. Which will make Boise look even more impressive than they already do. I used to love Boise, but they need to get out of the WAC. MWC ftw.

I won't be sold on TCU until after the Utah game, but my top 5 would probably be

Bama
Texas
Florida
Iowa
TCU

but, UH would beat TCU and Iowa.

Daddy D 11
10-25-2009, 01:21 PM
Yeah I don't like putting USC in their either, but I'll take that defense over Iowa's offense you know? I think USC beats Iowa.

I'm sold on TCU.
Yeah, UofH and TCU would be a helluva game!

To me, TCU's defense is steller. BYU's offense is better than Utah's by FAR and TCU manhandled them. So I think TCU blows out Utah like they did BYU. Didn't TCU beat Boise last year in that awesome bowl game? I can't remember, I just remember watching it and loving it.