PDA

View Full Version : Everman was good... but the refs were better

20bulldawg05
12-15-2002, 09:57 AM
i think everman was real good team and played with heart... but the refs made sum bad calls and its hard to play the football team AND the refs at the same time!?!

Burnet Bulldogs ya'll are #1 in our eyes and we'll gettem next year!?!? we love ya'll so much!
Ps. i hope the kid that got hurt is ok! we'll be praying for him in burnet!?!? congrats everman...could sumone who knows about him keep the burnet peeps updated please?

29x281
12-15-2002, 10:02 AM
No. The refs were fair.

Everman was simply a better football team.

Pudlugger
12-15-2002, 10:06 AM
You couldn't tell by listening to the game that the refs were calling against Burnet. They did call back 2 touchdowns for Everman, but Burnet still couldn't stop them as they went ahead and scored again both times. Once on 4th and long I believe! Just be grateful ya'll were there. Ya'll played a great team and showed everyone a lot of class. Burnet has much to be proud of. They had a terrific season and established themselves as a 3a powerhouse for years to come. Good luck next season, it wouldn't surprise me if ya'll get another chance at the title. :)

<small>[ December 15, 2002, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

bd0707
12-15-2002, 10:28 AM
I don't know what football game 20bulldog05 was at, but that portion of his post and the header of his topic do not deserve any attention they might recieve. 20bulldog05 you have plenty more to learn, now would be a good time to start. The Burnet Bulldogs lost last nite to a superior team and some day you will learn there is no shame in that. Go Bulldawgs in "03"

20StephDawg05
12-15-2002, 10:40 AM
Yeah Burnet, 2003 is another season...you can do it. I'm just so glad we actually got the privilage to play for the state championship. That comes around only a couple times(IF THAT)for each boy on the team. We know you played your heart out, and that is great.
-----------------------------------------------
The refs might have seemed unfair, but they were just doing their job. It could have seemed like they were calling against Burnet in your eyes and alot of other people's because of the aweful thing that happened. But that was no excuse for them to just decide to call agaisnt Burnet. Everman was a tough team to play, state champs last year(if im wrong sorry...my step dad told me!)and now this year. Having this great of a season for the Bulldogs(burnet)is great enough to earn my respect of a awesome football team. well get 'em next year...

HotDawg89
12-15-2002, 12:03 PM
There were a couple of calls that got Burnet's fan base pretty mad, but just because they were against Burnet doesn't mean they weren't warranted calls. I think the refs were fair. Everman was just a better football team last night. There was one call that wasn't made while Shipley was the intended receiver in the endzone, he got tangled up with the other player, and fell. The fans were ticked because interference wasn't called - but anyone who knows a lot about the rules could tell you the ball was way out of Shipley's reach, it was clearly over his head.

The refs were the best I have seen all year.

greendawgfan
12-15-2002, 12:10 PM
I personly think the refs were calling against Burnet and there was nothing we could do about it. The way I see it is that it is a little hard to win, when you are playing against a good football team and the refs both. All I have to say is LETS GETTEM NEXT YEAR!!

greendog fan
12-15-2002, 12:35 PM
HotDawg89:
There were a couple of calls that got Burnet's fan base pretty mad, but just because they were against Burnet doesn't mean they weren't warranted calls. I think the refs were fair. Everman was just a better football team last night. There was one call that wasn't made while Shipley was the intended receiver in the endzone, he got tangled up with the other player, and fell. The fans were ticked because interference wasn't called - but anyone who knows a lot about the rules could tell you the ball was way out of Shipley's reach, it was clearly over his head.

The refs were the best I have seen all year.hotdawg89, on that play you were refering to, i think pass inter, could have been called against Shiply. he pushed the defender before the ball got there. thats when their feet got tangled. I think the refs did a great job. WE WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR!

topdawg
12-15-2002, 12:41 PM
you people from burnet sound a lot like texas longhorn fans, you got beat by a very good everman team, but your not going to admit that, you have to go find something to blame it on... for example, the refs called a bad game. i think the refs did a great job, everman was just to good.

Jacket2000
12-15-2002, 12:49 PM
greendawgfan:
I personly think the refs were calling against Burnet and there was nothing we could do about it. The way I see it is that it is a little hard to win, when you are playing against a good football team and the refs both. All I have to say is LETS GETTEM NEXT YEAR!!Good gawd, quit whinning! You're lucky it wasnt worse than it was, b/c it very well could have been! Could have very easily been 56-14.
J2K

Old Cardinal
12-15-2002, 12:55 PM
Congratulations to Burnet, You had an outstanding program and season this year. I am sure that you are excited at your prospects again next year. You beat some good teams and you lost to a very good team.

Jason1725
12-15-2002, 01:31 PM
How sad is it to see the worlds best ever football fans resort to this kind of excuse. I feel sorry for the kids because they were all classy after beating Jasper, the same can't be said for most of these posters in here. It couldn't happen to a more deserving group of obnoxious fans. All you had to do was show up, what a shame.

sinfan75
12-15-2002, 01:57 PM
How many tds. for Everman were called back because of penalties.2 or 3? Congrats to Burnet on a fine season, But the best team in all 3A is Everman!!

20StephDawg05
12-15-2002, 02:00 PM
um ok...well theres alot of Burnet people who think that the refs were fair. Me for example. we are classy. I guess some people just dont want to admit that we did lose because someone out there was better. Burnet had an awesome season, going to state undefeated is great. everyone should be happy that we actually had the OPPERTUNITY and PRIVILAGE to go to state. Theres always next year. so yeah, anyone who is blaming the refs shouldnt. I'm not going agaisnt my team or anything, just saying that they were doing there job. So stop complaining!!!

SintonFan
12-15-2002, 03:45 PM
Yes, there are a few bad apples in every bunch. It's times like this when you find out who they are. Accept defeat! You still had a great season!
There is nothing to be ashamed of in losing, unless...

Jason1725
12-15-2002, 04:28 PM
I couldn't resist, i'm sorry. But after having to hear all of their talk I had to say something. To the Burnet posters who are class and acted that way after defeating Jasper I am sorry. But for those who stated stuff that never happened and made it a point to rub the win in Jaspers face, you got what you deserved.

olddawggreen
12-15-2002, 06:36 PM
The refs may have made some bad calls, but it went both ways. They definatly did not favor Burnet or Everman. As much as I love the Burnet Bulldogs, Everman was definatly the superior team on the field yesterday and they should be congratulated for their win. And all of you Burnet posters that have complained about the refs, (thank goodness there haven't been many) all your doing is giving some of these sore losers from the past an opening to take a shot at our fans and our town. We lost Saturday to a team that out played us, they were a great team and there is no shame in losing to them. Tuff it up, hold your head up and show nothing but class. We will have another shot next year. Lets all keep Everman's Corey Fullbright and his family in our prayers and hope for a full and speedy recovery.