PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Brahmas Playoff Chances

Milk That Cow
10-24-2009, 10:51 PM
Their only chance is for LaGrange to upset Sealy and then Bellville beats Sealy in the Austin County Super Bowl...

I just don't see those two things happening...

One maybe...

Both...

It ain't gonna get done...

Mojado
10-24-2009, 10:58 PM
I can see LG beating Sealy...
I can see Bellville beating Sealy...

Who knows? Problem is 15-18 yr old kids are hard to count on... plus aren't grades comin out soon? Could have an affect on some teams...

HEMOTOXIC
10-25-2009, 12:28 AM
Anything is possible.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-25-2009, 12:39 AM
i think bellville stays at home this year for playoffs... i think sealy, la grange, and giddings represent d25 this year and they will do a great job

Know_It_All
10-25-2009, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Mojado
I can see LG beating Sealy...
I can see Bellville beating Sealy...

Who knows? Problem is 15-18 yr old kids are hard to count on... plus aren't grades comin out soon? Could have an affect on some teams...

No grades wont effect the district race anymore. They will however be coming out right as the playoffs get rolling. I think all the kids that were inelligible from the first 6 weeks will be elligible to come back this week.

BrahmaMom
10-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Never say never....The Brahmas have found their rhythm on offense just in time for the Sealy game. It's why we play the game, cuz you never know till time runs out in the 4th quarter. I believe the Brahmas can do it! GO BULLS!

Pudlugger
10-26-2009, 06:26 PM
Well the Leps owe Bellville the favor after they came from way behind in '06 to beat Caldwell giving the Leps the opportunity to get whupped by Sweeny in the first round. If the Leps and Bellville win out it is possible. :)

sTx
10-26-2009, 06:51 PM
i am pretty confident that Sealy will win out :) but anything can happen i guess

bvillebrahma010
10-26-2009, 06:53 PM
youre from sealy so of course youre confident, just like since we are from bellville, we are pretty confident! no offense, just truth!

sTx
10-26-2009, 07:09 PM
Yeah true that.... cant wait for the game

Caldwell_Raider
10-26-2009, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Well the Leps owe Bellville the favor after they came from way behind in '06 to beat Caldwell giving the Leps the opportunity to get whupped by Sweeny in the first round. If the Leps and Bellville win out it is possible. :)

Ohhh Man that game! :( :( :(

It still gives me nightmares when I think about it!

gameface
10-27-2009, 11:23 PM
nil-still waterlogged from LG game! E is for eggs and R is for return next year to pasture of complain!

teetle
10-28-2009, 08:04 AM
Bellville's chances will goes downs the drain Friday night. Collier can gets ready for round ball. Jimmie got something for you. He good that way. You'll sees. He know what he doing. :D :eek: :bigcry:

UPanIN
10-28-2009, 08:13 AM
Never count Bellville out till you know who sangs.

teetle
10-28-2009, 08:30 AM
She be warming up right now and Jimmie goin to sees to it that she sings. He good that way.:eek: :D :bigcry:

Mojado
10-28-2009, 09:01 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by teetle
She be warming up right now and Jimmie goin to sees to it that she sings. He good that way.:eek: :D :bigcry: [/QUOTE

If Jimmy be good that way, then why is he not in the playoffs every year... sounds like others have been better that way... whatever the hell that means...

pancho villa
10-28-2009, 09:07 AM
She be warming up right now and Jimmie goin to sees to it that she sings. He good that way.:eek: :D :bigcry: [/QUOTE

If Jimmy be good that way, then why is he not in the playoffs every year... sounds like others have been better that way... whatever the hell that means...

I have been called a mojado before LOL

Mojado
10-28-2009, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
I have been called a mojado before LOL

I used to till I started signing checks to the gringos!!!

Viva La Raza!!!!!!:D

sports mom
10-28-2009, 09:47 AM

He has been in the playoffs every year, each year advancing a little further..........Let's see, this is Jimmy's 3rd football season and Sealy has made 2 trips to the playoffs and, planning for the 3rd trip. I think he has done a pretty good job.

He has definitely turned the TIger program around.

Mojado
10-28-2009, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by sports mom
He has been in the playoffs every year, each year advancing a little further..........Let's see, this is Jimmy's 3rd football season and Sealy has made 2 trips to the playoffs and, planning for the 3rd trip. I think he has done a pretty good job.

Sorry Mom. I stand corrected. Great coach. :rolleyes:

Bull's-eye
10-28-2009, 10:02 AM

:iagree: Coach Mitchell has done a great job & the future looks good for the Tigers.

BrahmaMom
10-28-2009, 10:04 AM
Sounds like the Tigers are prepared for a battle. C'mon, Bulls, dig in and take it to 'em. It will be exciting. I would love to have to travel to play-off games, the further, the better!

sports mom
10-28-2009, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
:iagree: Coach Mitchell has done a great job & the future looks good for the Tigers.

The Tigers are very proud and pleased with the job Jimmy has done.

THANK YOU for the compliement.

I know things get heated between Sealy and Bellville, but all in all both towns have very talented kids and we all should be very proud of their dedication to high school sports.

AKA CEASAR
10-28-2009, 10:21 AM
There is no chance for Bellville to make the playoffs. Good Luck in basketball and next year. This year is over in two weeks.

ronwx5x
10-28-2009, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by AKA CEASAR
There is no chance for Bellville to make the playoffs. Good Luck in basketball and next year. This year is over in two weeks.

Not such a great first post. You have now staked your reputation on the very first post and your credibility will be proven or dismissed shortly!:D

Bull's-eye
10-28-2009, 10:41 AM
There is no chance for Bellville to make the playoffs.

They is still a slim chance, but hopes are hanging by a thread. :)

One thing I've learned over the years is to never give up or leave a game early. You may just miss a miraculous comeback.

Roger Staubach taught me this valuable lesson. :D

BrahmaMom
10-28-2009, 09:00 PM
Great advice, Bull's-Eye. Newbies would do well to take notes from you. Give me hanging by a thread any day, over no chance. I've seen the Brahmas do miraculous things over the years. Could this be one of those times?? I hope so. Let's get pumped, Bulls. It is gonna take all you've got, then some. Get ready to leave it all on the field Friday night! Go Big Red!!!

zebrablue2
10-28-2009, 09:06 PM

:rolleyes: OMG-- and welcome to the board!!!

StangEm
10-29-2009, 07:40 AM

I don't know about that. True there has been a lot of success since Jimmie showed up but those who knows must admit that Faldyn didn't have all that much talent to work with while he held the reigns of the program. The kids that are there now have had a great amount of success since the early years because of the level of talent that they have. It's not like Jimmie just came in and made Miller 6'5" and Downey run a 4.4. This has been there all along and Mitchell happend to have a gift fall into his lap at the right time. IMO....of course

sports mom
10-29-2009, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by StangEm
I don't know about that. True there has been a lot of success since Jimmie showed up but those who knows must admit that Faldyn didn't have all that much talent to work with while he held the reigns of the program. The kids that are there now have had a great amount of success since the early years because of the level of talent that they have. It's not like Jimmie just came in and made Miller 6'5" and Downey run a 4.4. This has been there all along and Mitchell happend to have a gift fall into his lap at the right time. IMO....of course

:iagree:

No, I totally agree. Faldyn is a wonder person and a great coach. He unfortunately was in charge when there wasn't alot of talent and dedication. Mitchell did hit it just right.

rancher
10-29-2009, 10:16 AM
Bellville has strated Basketball practice and a scrimmage on 11/7, what does that tell you.

trg
10-29-2009, 11:43 AM
Bellville started Basketball practice on October 29th last year too. The football players are focused on tomorrow's game. Win or lose they will bring everything they have and leave it all on the field.

Good luck tomorrow to both teams for an injury free game.

Go Bulls!!!

BrahmaMom
10-29-2009, 11:58 AM
Basketball season always begins as scheduled in Bellville; that is nothing new. Good luck to the basketball team this year. And to the football team: get ready for the game! Focus, prepare, and WIN! GO BULLS!

StangEm
10-29-2009, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by rancher
Bellville has strated Basketball practice and a scrimmage on 11/7, what does that tell you.

Nice.....I'm guessing the towel has been thrown.

ProudHornetMom
10-29-2009, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by StangEm
Nice.....I'm guessing the towel has been thrown.

Not at all. Means there's basketball only players in off season ready to practice for basketball. You can't delay the season for those guys who don't play football.

swineflu
10-29-2009, 12:46 PM
Sealy, Giddings, LaGrange.....have you started basketball????

teetle
10-29-2009, 02:07 PM
Bellville always starts basketball at the same time. Thats do nots mean anything. Theys will be a tough opponent. Theys wonts gives up. Theys will play hard. But, Jimmie, he got something for them. Theys not going to like it. But thats the ways it is. He good that way.:D :eek: :bigcry:

11as1
10-29-2009, 05:30 PM
bulls chances are slim to none in this case. it doesn't mean that they don't have a chance but i believe that tomorrow at around 10:30 that chance and dream will be gone...

i can smell the district and lone star cups leaving the town of bellvile

BrahmaMom
10-29-2009, 05:42 PM
Chances may be slim, in the opinion of some, but the Brahmas NEVER throw in the towel. NEVER. C'mon Brahmas! Is there fire in your belly yet?? See it, want it...Let's just do it!

11as1
10-29-2009, 07:10 PM
brahma mom i'm glad to see that you haven't lost your brahma spirit as most of the town has. i've been to a few games since the brahmas have began their downfall and compaired to other years the crowd is pathetic!! i'm glad someone still has their faith no matter how slim the chance glad to see you still believe the near impossible can happen.

ProudHornetMom
10-29-2009, 07:24 PM
"downfall"! They've lost a few games and still have a winning record. There's still a chance they can make the playoffs.

Goodness, many teams would give anything to have the success the Brahmas have year in and year out.

Not time for the community to give up on them. The Brahmas go out every week with the intention to win and haven't given up...the fans need to have the same attitude.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-29-2009, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
"downfall"! They've lost a few games and still have a winning record. There's still a chance they can make the playoffs.

Goodness, many teams would give anything to have the success the Brahmas have year in and year out.

Not time for the community to give up on them. The Brahmas go out every week with the intention to win and haven't given up...the fans need to have the same attitude.
:iagree: bellville has only lost 3 games this year... and to who?... navasota, la grange, and giddings. all 3 of these teams are very very good this year. i think people are not seeing that bellville has only lost to top teams, not week ones

11as1
10-29-2009, 07:31 PM
sorry proud hornet mom what i meant by "downfall" was after starting off so strong and being ranked so high (overrated IMO) they have lost some games and had close ones with someone that they should've blown out. and now they have their backs against the wall and are finding themselves on the outside looking in. yes they have a winning record but for the town who is used to winning, other than the year they went 5-5, it is a huge let down and very hard to swollow. it's not what they expected after their 12-2 season last year

Pudlugger
10-29-2009, 07:34 PM
If after all that has been said and done regarding this football team they don't go out there and just kick butt on Sealy well then I guess they just don't have a bit of fire in their belly. But that wouldn't be Bellville would it?

BrahmaMom
10-29-2009, 08:32 PM
Ah, ProudHornetMom and Pud, you know the Brahmas well. Thanks for your kind words of support. Many a time, I've seen Bellville do the almost impossible--that is why we all play the game, for those moments. 24 hours from now, we will be playing. Can't wait to see how it goes. Win or lose, I love the Bellville Brahmas. It has been disheartening to see the crowds thin this year. I hope folks come out to see us get fired up!

Bull's-eye
10-30-2009, 12:23 AM
Going 10-0 would be great, but sometimes the more difficult path to success can be very rewarding. The 2008 Arizona Cardinals came very close to winning the Super Bowl, after barely sneaking into the playoffs.
Last week's crowd was late arriving, ended up having a big turnout. The Bellville/LG game didn't have a lot of fans, but blame the rain & Fair. Don't worry, the die-hard Bellville fans will be in full force, cheering their team come Friday night.

BrahmaMom
10-30-2009, 07:25 AM
I hope every Bellville reader comes out tonight to support the Bulls. I was hoarse after last week, guess that will be the case again. I'm in it WITH the Brahmas, as best I can! I BELIEVE in this team! Love ya, Big Red!

ProudHornetMom
10-30-2009, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by 11as1
sorry proud hornet mom what i meant by "downfall" was after starting off so strong and being ranked so high (overrated IMO) they have lost some games and had close ones with someone that they should've blown out. and now they have their backs against the wall and are finding themselves on the outside looking in. yes they have a winning record but for the town who is used to winning, other than the year they went 5-5, it is a huge let down and very hard to swollow. it's not what they expected after their 12-2 season last year

Now I understand.

Brahmas need y'all to swallow hard...and go out there as a united community and support the team tonight 100%. 12-2 was last year. It's over and it's now time. Y'all can do it!

AKA CEASAR
10-30-2009, 12:04 PM
Just saying don't see Bellville beating Sealy tonight. For football fans hope it is a barn burner and it comes down to the last play like last year, but sorry just don't see that happening at all. Sealy will by 14 and the Bellville's chances of going to playoffs will be over. Never said they will give up or not show up to play just saying dont see them winning, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but just looking at facts not old super bowl clips..

trg
10-30-2009, 01:20 PM
You know I will be right there with you BrahmaMom cheering on the Brahmas. I have always believed in this team. And still do. So come on Bellville...Come out and be loud and cheer on the Brahmas.

hookandladder
10-30-2009, 01:30 PM
Not pulling for either team however I think Sealy will have to much offense for Bellville's defense. You can say all you want on this board about Bellville it may help them early however the better team will end up on top. 28-7 Sealy. Also about the Bellville fan support, smallest I have ever seen 14 years.

11as1
10-30-2009, 02:00 PM
thank you for agreeing hook. people can blame the slim crowd on the fair and the rain but the fact of the matter is that some people are just giving up. which is very sad IMO because bellville used to be filled with pride

Bull's-eye
10-30-2009, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Also about the Bellville fan support, smallest I have ever seen 14 years.

How many Bellville games have you seen this season? Are you basing you opinion on just the Bellville/LG game? The bad weather had a lot to do with the low attendance.

Bull's-eye
10-30-2009, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by 11as1
thank you for agreeing hook. people can blame the slim crowd on the fair and the rain but the fact of the matter is that some people are just giving up. which is very sad IMO because bellville used to be filled with pride

Why would the fans give up at the first district game?

allforball
10-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
How many Bellville games have you seen this season? Are you basing you opinion on just the Bellville/LG game? The bad weather had a lot to do with the low attendance.

That is an bad excuse, LG fans were there early and long. Just stating in the last 14 years this is by far the fewest fans that I have seen in Bellville, just stating a fact.

Bull's-eye
10-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by allforball
That is an bad excuse, LG fans were there early and long. Just stating in the last 14 years this is by far the fewest fans that I have seen in Bellville, just stating a fact.

Fact, the bad weather did keep fans from that game, including the unusual low number of LG fans. I have seen over the years where the LG faithful had much bigger crowds. Just stating a fact.