PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell Quiets any Critics

OldBison75
10-24-2009, 12:54 PM
The Caldwell Hornets went into Rockdale and after a tough first half, dominated the Tigers in the second half to take control of the District 24 race. The Hornets are now THE team to beat in the district and I personally don't see that defeat coming in the next two weeks.

Caldwell brings a very efficient running game to the table and when the emotions are cooking, a defense as good as any in the district. If things don't change in the next couple of weeks, it looks like Caldwell will get a shot at WOS again in the playoffs, although WOS looks like they might have a tough first round game.

This may be the year that Caldwell steps up to the plate in the playoffs and goes really deep. It looks possible that both Gilmer and Carthage might go Division 1 and that really opens the door for Caldwell to make big waves in Region 3.

Good luck Hornets and keep you heads in the game and make this district proud. No slip ups now and don't overlook anyone. Come out each week like it is a must win game and all will be fine.

WOS1
10-24-2009, 01:07 PM
Glad to see Caldwell playing well again. Just a couple of things, though. WOS will, more than likely, have Shepherd in round 1. Although anything can happen, don't look for Shepherd to win that one. Also, there is no way that Jasper doesn't make the playoffs, so Carthage will be in DII without a doubt. I feel that Caldwell will get their shot at WOS again.;)

OldBison75
10-24-2009, 01:15 PM
I agree that Jasper should bounce back and win out, but they will have to be careful. As for the first round matchup, I had a brain fart about who WOS would matchup with and you are right. That should about guarantee a Caldwell vs WOS matchup in week 2. I still say that Caldwell is a better team than last years edition and may very well give WOS all they want. My gut reaction is that Caldwell may well play in the Regional championship.

WOS1
10-24-2009, 01:42 PM
That may well happen. Does Caldwell have many of the same kids they did last year? WOS is not as good, at this point, as they were last year, but we are getting better every game now.

To whom did Caldwell lose?

HEMOTOXIC
10-24-2009, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
That may well happen. Does Caldwell have many of the same kids they did last year? WOS is not as good, at this point, as they were last year, but we are getting better every game now.

To whom did Caldwell lose?

Caldwell's only loss came to Bellville in week 0 28-26.

ProudHornetMom
10-24-2009, 03:10 PM
Thanks my Navasota friends.

Hornet Mom 2
10-24-2009, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
Thanks my Navasota friends.

Ditto PHM ;)

WOS1
10-24-2009, 03:34 PM
If WOS87's bracket predictions hold true. WOS and Caldwell would not meet until the Regional Final.

HornetMom
10-24-2009, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Hornet Mom 2
Ditto PHM ;)

CHS_CG
10-24-2009, 08:01 PM
Finally got to go to a game this year and was very proud of my Hornets! Thought it was going to get bad for a bit, but in the 2nd half the Hornets had a fire lit under them and took it to the house! Great job guys!