PDA

View Full Version : Region IV GOTW Sinton (8-0) @ Ingleside (7-1)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

99IHSMustang
10-30-2009, 11:02 PM
I just needed to get that out of my system and now have to say. No matter what happens from here on out Sinton will represent the district well. I am not bashing the players in any way, shape or form. They fought to the very end as I had texted P4S and both teams turned the ball over way too much. Sinton kep it going while Ingleside did the same to preserve the win.

IHStangFan
10-30-2009, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Everything leading up to today was just friendly rivalry trash talk between two friendly rivals. That's all. If you took it to heart than I'm sorry, I guess. It's all a part of the game. It's just for fun. Fair enough...and I believe another "friendly" tradition is to say HAAAA!!!! after you beat the team that did the majority of the trash talking. :D

Seriously though....good game, it was a nail biter there towards the end.

Enjoyed it immensely.

piratebg
10-30-2009, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Fair enough...and I believe another "friendly" tradition is to say HAAAA!!!! after you beat the team that did the majority of the trash talking. :D

Touche :p

IHStangFan
10-30-2009, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I think Robstown is tough, but I think you guys should win.

I gotta work on my rent house down here more tomorrow and hopefully make it home in time for the UT-OSU game!:) Yes sir!! College Football Saturday!!!

Okay...seriously this time....I'm out!! LOL. Maybe.

sinton66
10-30-2009, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by truebluestang
Oh and I forgot one thing- all of the turnovers were caused.

YOURS too ?

99IHSMustang
10-30-2009, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
YOURS too ?

Inglesides fumbles were forced from what I saw.

sinton66
10-30-2009, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Inglesides fumbles were forced from what I saw.

Thank you.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-30-2009, 11:29 PM
Oh and I forgot one thing- all of the turnovers were caused. do you have a still photo of that?

Ingleside secondary struggled and #4 kept getting beat and had to hold on to the receiver. This game was no different than the other teams Sinton has played just Ingleside responded with its own big plays.

Sinton and Mathis will go Div 2 with Sinton as the no.1 seed if both win next week

Winner of Robstown vs Ingleside is in the playoff and if its Robstown then they're the Div.1 rep and for Ingleside to still make the playoffs I think Ingleside needing a Sinton or Mathis loss to force power point scenario. Sinton and Mathis win next week this game is winner goes Div1 and loser is out.

44INAROW
10-30-2009, 11:43 PM
wow sounds like a great game. COngrats to Ingleside. Sinton - good luck next week - can't wait to see how this district ends up.. Good Luck Pirates ;)

PhiI C
10-31-2009, 12:41 AM
Congratulations to Ingleside on their great victory. We fought back but they answered each momentum change. Good fight by the Pirates who kept fighing but just wound up short. Ingleside's No. 4 was outstanding and should get a Corpus Christi award. He is a great player.

Ingleside still has to face Robstown and it should be another close game especially since it is in Robstown. I would favor Ingleside by 3 right now but it will be a tough one.
Mathis should beat Falfurrias and easily have a playoff cinched.
If Sinton beats West Oso we will be in the playoffs but I look for that game to be close and fortunately it is in Sinton. But as you know "BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR!"

big daddy russ
10-31-2009, 12:56 AM
Let me say congrats to the Pirates and that, in my own little way, I'm eating some crow of my own tonight. In all honesty, all this season (even after the Mathis loss) I thought this game would be a lot more lopsided than it was. Just last night I told my brother that it wouldn't be pretty. 21+. By half.

You guys showed what a gritty team you have and shut me up. Who knows what would've happened with one more quarter?

Good luck from here on out. No doubt your kids will represent 31-3A well. They don't know the meaning of the word "quit."

Do I get utensils?

http://janeheller.mlblogs.com/crow.jpg

big daddy russ
10-31-2009, 01:10 AM
FINAL STATS

..................................SIN.........ING
Pts..............................28..........35
Total yds......................382.........354
Off (plays/avg.).............66/5.8....63/5.3
Rush yds......................177.........232
Rush (plays/avg.)..........37/4.8.....40/5.8
Pass yds.......................205.........122
Comp/Att/Int/Avg...14-29-0-7.1....12-23-0-5.3
First Downs...................19...........23
Penalties.......................2-20........7-66
Fumbles (num/lost)........3-3..........2-??

Dale Fabacher had 20 touches for 162 yards and 2 TD's. Josh Harrison had 225 total yards and 3 TD's.

SintonFan
10-31-2009, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Let me say congrats to the Pirates and that, in my own little way, I'm eating some crow of my own tonight. In all honesty, all this season (even after the Mathis loss) I thought this game would be a lot more lopsided than it was. Just last night I told my brother that it wouldn't be pretty. 21+. By half.

You guys showed what a gritty team you have and shut me up. Who knows what would've happened with one more quarter?

Good luck from here on out. No doubt your kids will represent 31-3A well. They don't know the meaning of the word "quit."

Do I get utensils?

http://janeheller.mlblogs.com/crow.jpg

Why eat nasty crow meat if you didn't post that on this board bdr?:confused:

big daddy russ
10-31-2009, 01:11 AM
Why eat nasty crow meat if you didn't post that on this board bdr?:confused:
Cause I own up to it when I say it. Your boys were a whole lot better than I thought, and I have no problem letting them know it.

Your boys earned my respect.

SintonFan
10-31-2009, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
FINAL STATS

..................................SIN.........ING
Pts..............................28..........35
Total yds......................382.........354
Off (plays/avg.).............66/5.8....63/5.3
Rush yds......................177.........232
Rush (plays/avg.)..........37/4.8.....40/5.8
Pass yds.......................205.........122
Comp/Att/Int/Avg...14-29-0-7.1....12-23-0-5.3
First Downs...................19...........23
Penalties.......................2-20........7-66
Fumbles (num/lost)........3-3..........2-??

Dale Fabacher had 20 touches for 162 yards and 2 TD's. Josh Harrison had 225 total yards and 3 TD's.

Looks like a heckofa game to me stats-wise and all. Izz and I had talked about his game some time back. I think we both agreed this might happen.
Good thing for the Pirates is that the Falfurrias game might have helped us with the Pirates's rushing game.
Now if the Pirates can improve their Defense...
Who knows...
Maybe this team can upset a Valley team or a 29-26 3A team too?
That would be awesome!!!

Go Pirates!!!

Kick a$$ and become better at DEFENSE!!!!!
:cheerl: :cheerl: :thumbsup:

99IHSMustang
10-31-2009, 01:28 AM
Looks like a heckofa game to me stats-wise and all. Izz and I had talked about his game some time back. I think we both agreed this might happen.
Good thing for the Pirates is that the Falfurrias game might have helped us with the Pirates's rushing game.
Now if the Pirates can improve their Defense...
Who knows...
Maybe this team can upset a Valley team or a 29-26 3A team too?
That would be awesome!!!

Go Pirates!!!

Kick a$$ and become better at DEFENSE!!!!!
:cheerl: :cheerl: :thumbsup:

We did talk about how this game might end up and it was close. I hope that Ingleside takes care of business next week because I would really like to see Ingleside, Mathis, and Sinton in the playoffs and what our district can do because I honestly believe it turned out to be more competative than what many people thought. Not saying that Robstown isn't a good team its just that we have to win for us to go.. :D

SintonFan
10-31-2009, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
We did talk about how this game might end up and it was close. I hope that Ingleside takes care of business next week because I would really like to see Ingleside, Mathis, and Sinton in the playoffs and what our district can do because I honestly believe it turned out to be more competative than what many people thought. Not saying that Robstown isn't a good team its just that we have to win for us to go.. :D

I agree.

I think that if Sinton, Ingleside and Mathis do go to the playoffs good things will happen.
Robstown is pretty good...
So iffin these three teams make the playoffs, and the Mighty Pirates get better at Defense....
Wow! This might be a season to remember.:eek:

IHStangFan
10-31-2009, 01:56 AM
I agree.

I think that if Sinton, Ingleside and Mathis do go to the playoffs good things will happen.
Robstown is pretty good...
So iffin these three teams make the playoffs, and the Mighty Pirates get better at Defense....
Wow! This might be a season to remember.:eek: Yup....D31 needs to be represented by the 3 teams that give them the best chance to make deep runs....and that's looking to be Sinton, Ingleside and Mathis.

Mathis is a bit of a surprise to me this year......a pleasant surprise. I like to see the district so competitive.

pirate4state
10-31-2009, 02:04 AM
I don't post enough to be nice to everyone so I just want to say to all of you Sinton posters- you should have listened to me. The best team in the district is Ingleside period. Bottom line! I could totally throw your words back in your face about "luck" and all that garbage you were spewing, but I won't disrespect your boys in that manner. They played lights out. ALL the boys on the field did. :clap:

The last I checked, there were 3 teams with the same district record and they all have work to do next week and hopefully for a few more weeks to come!

Izz, IHS Fan & Ingleside Fan it was great to see you guys again. SPF88 thanks for coming to the M&G. Too bad TBS couldn't make it.

Again, great game tonight. Hope everyone got home safely.

Injury update: Carson Cave is out, he broke his leg right above the ankle. Shane should be okay with a few days rest.

Gotta get ready for them pesky Bears.

GO PIRATES!

SintonPirateFan
10-31-2009, 07:36 AM
sorry to hear that about cave...hope he has a smooth recovery.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-31-2009, 09:44 AM
Sinton vs Ingleside game video (http://www.caller.com/videos/detail/ingleside-35-sinton-28/)

Lake Pirate
10-31-2009, 09:54 AM
Awesome Game, Just as Expected. Just goes to show what a competitive district we have. I know we still have a little work to do, but I also feel confident in saying that the playoff reps. for 31-3A are sealed up. Good Job.
Just a thought: Wouldn't it be cool to form an 'All-Star' team from the top three teams in the district and go on a rampage? lol, What would that roster look like?

SintonFan
10-31-2009, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Injury update: Carson Cave is out, he broke his leg right above the ankle. Shane should be okay with a few days rest.

GO PIRATES!

Oh no.

We'll pray for him to make a full recovery.

PhiI C
10-31-2009, 11:47 AM
Oh no.

We'll pray for him to make a full recovery.

That is bad news. Prayers for a full recovery and that he will be back for the other sports he participates in. Also that he will have an awesome injury free senior year.

Ranger354
11-01-2009, 09:48 AM
It was a good game. Lets all hope that Carson can bounce back from his injury. The refs BAD calls or NO CALLs had alot to do with this game on both side of the ball. Ingleside DBs did what they said they were going to do and play tight and hold on about ever third play it seemed like. But that is all part of the game. I am sure Sinton kids held too and I didn't see it.

The part of all this I don't like were in individuals sitting in the stands behind me yelling at the players and making derogatory comments about the kids. I am sure that ever one of those boys on that field on both sides of the ball were playing their hearts out. It is tragic that parents and adults (supposed to be adults) make negative comments about players not making plays.

If you don't like the game or how it is played you have a couple of options. Coach a team yourself, put on pads and a jersey, keep you a$$ at home next Friday night, or keep your derogatory comments about the players to yourself.

Just my 2 cents.........

pirate4state
11-01-2009, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Ranger354
The part of all this I don't like were in individuals sitting in the stands behind me yelling at the players and making derogatory comments about the kids. I am sure that ever one of those boys on that field on both sides of the ball were playing their hearts out. It is tragic that parents and adults (supposed to be adults) make negative comments about players not making plays.

Fortunately, I was sitting with a group of good fans who were just abusing the REFS (LOL). Had I heard these people being ugly about our boys, I would have given them a piece of my mind! :mad: I've done it before. :D

OnceABucJr
11-01-2009, 10:55 AM
You might be suprised how many people don't attend these games any more because of stuff like that, especially coaches wives. It comes back to the old saying "if you don't have anything positive to say then just SHUT UP (or something like that?)!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Ranger354
It was a good game. Lets all hope that Carson can bounce back from his injury. The refs BAD calls or NO CALLs had alot to do with this game on both side of the ball. Ingleside DBs did what they said they were going to do and play tight and hold on about ever third play it seemed like. But that is all part of the game. I am sure Sinton kids held too and I didn't see it.

If you don't like the game or how it is played you have a couple of options. Coach a team yourself, put on pads and a jersey, keep you a$$ at home next Friday night, or keep your derogatory comments about the players to yourself.

Just my 2 cents......... yes they were holding our receivers down the field as they were constantly getting beat but that change the outcome of those drives as Sinton still went on to score. Sinton didnt pass much in the first half and came out with 3 running plays in the 2nd half. Bottom line the defense isnt attacking and taking the chance of dropping the opposition for a loss with fear of getting beat for a big play. Came down to the team with the ball last won.

Ranger354
11-01-2009, 07:57 PM
I am generally "quick tempered" and two wrongs don't make a right. Me going to the county jail for beating the crap out of some loud mouth doesn't do any good. Been there. Also there has to be some of us that act like adults so our children will learn from it instead of them learning to bad mouth the boys on the field.

Now with that being said, I was ready to have a long heart to heart with those refs, and they wouldn't like the out come.