PDA

View Full Version : Possible Everman Dynasty?

The Chosen 1
11-21-2002, 12:08 PM
Is it quite possible that October 1, 1999 started an Everman dynasty in High School Football?

On that date, Everman defeated the Brownwood Lions in a classic at J.E. Marr Stadium 39-34. Ever since then, teams have viewed the Bulldogs a bit differently.

Everman went down swinging that year to Wichita Falls High, but after realignment went to 3A as the #1 team in Texas. Teams gunned for Everman and the talk of 3A became the Bulldogs. They went down swinging again, but they got a little closer.

With the Bulldogs winning their first state title and seemingly on their way to winning another, have we seen the beginning of an Everman dynasty?

The Bulldogs are loaded with talent on their roster and on the underclassmen waiting to get their shot. When the Bulldogs are clicking, is there putting an end to their state championship dreams?

As true with history, all dynasties will fall, but is that fall anytime soon for Everman?

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

jason
11-21-2002, 12:23 PM
HAHA...can anybody say..."Most ridiculous thing I've ever read" Hold on, let me finish laughing.

rholl
11-21-2002, 01:07 PM
why laugh???? While it may not seem right to everyone.. consider 45 wins-7 losses from the beginning of the '99 season. Celina can match that...lets hear some other records during that 4-yr span and see how many of them will be considered "dynasties" FYI....I'm thinking 2 more good seasons to be put into the "dynasty category" but I don't laugh at the suggestion... as some do! Maybe "dynasty" needs a definition everyone agrees on?

Sinton94
11-21-2002, 01:16 PM
Only time will tell. I would love to see a rematch of last years championship game. Those were two evenly matched teams that made for an excellent football game. The differnce in the game was two turnovers and Evermans last touchdown that fell incomplete but ruled a catch. That's taking nothing away from a very good Everman team. I know that is usually the difference in big games. There are several big games left and anything can happen, but it would sure be nice to see. I will say this one year a dyansty does not make. wink

rholl
11-21-2002, 01:23 PM
Sin94...I posted a 4 yr record and the original poster also listed 4 yrs. Of course one yr doesn't make a dynasty......but how many yrs does it take and what is the criteria? I would guess Sinton probably has a similar 4 yr record to Everman... so lets hear it! Is is total wins in a timeframe.....# of rings or a combination of rings and deep playoff runs that didn't end with a ring? Jason how bout a definition....dynasty-...........!

Titans
11-21-2002, 01:34 PM
DYNASTY - no

Tradition - YES

Dynasty is:

Sealy: 4 in a row
Celina: 4 in a row
Panther Creek: MANY in a row

The school from California that has won 160+ games in a row...DYNASTY!

Winning 1 state championship in 1 year....NOT A DYNASTY!

Get a clue.......PLEASE!

DogDoc
11-21-2002, 01:39 PM
I hate even responding to this but I will. A dynasty is the Yankees of old. The Steelers with their four superbowls. One championship isn't even close.

I don't think highschools are ever dynasty because they change personel every year. But if I were using that term for High school football. I would say Celinas current run. Sealy when no one could beat them. Lamarque for a while, and cant leave off Stephenville in thier hey day. SouthLake was domonant in 3a for a while, but it took many differnet players to make these great runs.

Consistant programs should be appreciated because it is very difficult to do at this level.But dynastys need to be left to the pros.

Sinton94
11-21-2002, 01:53 PM
Everman Sinton
1998 3 7 10 2
1999 8 4 8 4
2000 11 3 11 2
2001 15 0 14 1
2002 10 1 11 0

47 & 15 54 & 9

Calm down! eek!
I would say Championships and therefore one year doesn't make a Dynasty. If records are strictly your criteria then I guess Sinton would be considered a Dyansty before Everman would. I agree with Titans. wink

rholl
11-21-2002, 01:55 PM
Titans....I think everyone including you... agrees 1 yr doesn't make a dynasty....but I can't see where anyone is making that claim....original poster uses his starting date as the 99 season...this being the 02 season makes for a longer stretch than one yr. Celina yes.....Sealy ...yes......I'm interested in hearing Sintons record over past several years as well as Commerce, Dangerfield, Jasper and several others!!

jason
11-21-2002, 03:13 PM
I agree with Titans...1 championship is not a dynasty...if you're just looking at records for a dynasty lood a Celina, Forney, etc. Seally a few years ago was a dynasty...and god forbid anybody here start a streak like the team in California. If somebody did though, it'd be cool if it were Forney (who will beat Carthage this week, sorry but I gotta get my shots in)

GO FORNEY

big daddy russ
11-21-2002, 03:16 PM
I don't think you could consider any 3A high school teams today a dynasty with the lone exception of Celina. Three or more rings in four years... that's a dynasty. The best of the bunch, as Titans mentioned, is Concorde De La Salle in the San Francisco Bay Area. They haven't lost a game since 1990... not one... and they've played tons of great competition (Long Beach Poly, etc.), not to mention winning that many straight North Division Titles. Each year, they play at least one team in the USA Today National Top 25, sometimes more, and they still haven't been beat. Sealy was the last 3A dynasty before Celina.

pero chato
11-21-2002, 03:37 PM
You never know the start of a dynasty, you recognize it when you are in the middle of one. There's always the possibility that Everman could be on their way to a dynasty, but like everyone said, it's too early to tell. Then again, with a few more students, Everman goes back to 4A, and that might change a few things.

<small>[ November 21, 2002, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: pero chato ]</small>

The Chosen 1
11-21-2002, 06:01 PM
All that I did was introduce the possibility that Everman could turn into a football haven, and you people make it look like I said Everman was the best high school team in the nation. Get a grip, idiots!

People who come and knock my theory down, go right ahead, but all that I did was introduce the possibility.

I believe i started with the words "Is It Quite Possible", not "Look Out, Everman is the Greatest Ever!"

F-O to all who misconstrued my words.
:mad: :mad:

pero chato
11-21-2002, 06:49 PM
The Chosen 1:
All that I did was introduce the possibility that Everman could turn into a football haven, and you people make it look like I said Everman was the best high school team in the nation. Get a grip, idiots!

People who come and knock my theory down, go right ahead, but all that I did was introduce the possibility.

I believe i started with the words "Is It Quite Possible", not "Look Out, Everman is the Greatest Ever!"

F-O to all who misconstrued my words.
:mad: :mad: Easy does it there, The Chosen 1. This is a discussion board. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them an idiot who needs to perform an impossible sexual act. Some people agree that Everman could be on their way to a Dynasty while others say "No Way". Most seem to think it's too early to tell. But your point is well taken. You simply asked "is it possible?" But get ready for people to respond with their opinions. Don't get mad, respond back with a better argument or a better point.

PPHSfan
11-21-2002, 07:11 PM
It's OK Chosen 1 :p We all remember our first beer too. :D

jason
11-21-2002, 07:30 PM
haha...when they go back to 4A we'll see what kind of 'dynasty' they'll have

bleedmaroon
11-21-2002, 08:49 PM
Dynasty? I think not.

Matthew328
11-21-2002, 11:45 PM
OK for the past 2 years Everman has been VERY good...but 2 years a dynasty doesn't make..that takes years to build..to me there are only 2 teams currently that you could call dynasties in 3A..Celina and Commerce...that is it..they have done it year in and year out for a while now..Sealy had a dynasty in the 90's..in the late 80's it was SL Carroll..in the early 80's it was Daingerfield..in the 70's it was Cuero..in the 60's it was Brownwood...but if Everman continues on its path it is possible they could begin to build somewhat of a dynasty..but like DogDoc said in high school it is tough to do that becuase of personel changing so much..but to think that Everman will struggle in 4A is silly..in the 80's Everman was a powerhouse..winning 9 and 10 games often..in the 90's Everman was very good..going 65-39-3 in that span...they had only 2 losing seasons in the 90s and none in the 80's..so for jason Everman will be fine in 4A..also jason I found it interesting you listed Forney amoung schools that are dynasties...what has Forney done to be considered a dynasty?? how many rings do they have? That was the funniest thing I read..

Old Dog
11-22-2002, 01:07 AM
One minor adjustment, Celina is not yet a 3A dynasty, a hell of a 2A one....you bet. Only time can answer the 3A question for them.

PappaBear
11-22-2002, 10:41 AM
don't go making room for your trophy yet, theres a new Bulldog on the block.

Titans
11-22-2002, 12:15 PM
Please don't put Celina in there with a list of other 3A "dynasties".

Won't hold ANY water.

Sure they were one in 2A, but their first season in 3A can't even begin a dynasty...period!

Too much competition!

The Chosen 1
11-22-2002, 01:03 PM
I apologize to those who were offended by my last post.

I was a little preturbed by everyone making my post out to be like Everman could beat De La Salle (statistically the best HS team in the US), but all I was doing was introducing THE POSSIBILITY. There was no call for me getting angry, but with everyone misconstruing my post, I feel that I had no choice.

High School Football powerhouses don't come very often and when they happen, just go with them. Oh, and Dog Doc, is it Everman's fault that they werent tested much in district? Realignment put them in there with Avocado Academy and Guacamole High! Who wouldnt run roughshod through that district.

THE CHOSEN 1

PPHSfan
11-22-2002, 01:43 PM
The Chosen 1:
Realignment put them in there with Avocado Academy and Guacamole High!

THE CHOSEN 1ROFL

pero chato
11-22-2002, 02:24 PM
The Chosen 1:

I was a little preturbed by everyone making my post out to be like Everman could beat De La Salle (statistically the best HS team in the US), but all I was doing was introducing THE POSSIBILITY. There was no call for me getting angry, but with everyone misconstruing my post, I feel that I had no choice.

High School Football powerhouses don't come very often and when they happen, just go with them. Oh, and Dog Doc, is it Everman's fault that they werent tested much in district? Realignment put them in there with Avocado Academy and Guacamole High! Who wouldnt run roughshod through that district.

THE CHOSEN 1Everman may not be tested much in district, but seems like I recall there are five games AFTER district that really count. Last season I would say Everman passed that test just fine. So far this year, same results. Everman is still the current state champs unless someone derails them. Avocado Academy and Guacamole High--now THAT'S funny!

Rabbit'93
11-22-2002, 02:42 PM
Can some one please tell me what ROFL means.

pero chato
11-22-2002, 03:50 PM
Rabbit'93:
Can some one please tell me what ROFL means.Sure.
ROFL = rolling on the floor laughing
LOL = laughing out loud
LMAO = laughing my a** off

CLOCKCHOKE
11-22-2002, 04:30 PM
WHAT DO YOU MEAN EVERMAN WASN'T TESTED, THEY LOST AGAINST KENNEDALE. ALTHOUGH, BECAUSE OF THE LOSS, EVERMAN STEPPED BACK 1 STEP TO TAKE 2 STEPS FORWARD. I DON'T BELIEVE KENNEDALE COULD DO IT AGAIN. AN EARLY LOSS LIKE THE ONE EVERMAN EXPERIENCED AND KENNEDALE ALSO EXPERIENCED MADE BOTH TEAMS A LOT BETTER. I ALSO AGREE THE DITRICT IS WEAK WITH THE EXCEPTION OF GLEN ROSE. I EXPECT BOTH TEAMS TO COMPETE FOR THE 3A CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS!!!

bearkatdad
11-22-2002, 07:19 PM
The Chosen 1:

Avacado Academy??? Guacamole High??? Are those cooking schools??...Good one, Chosen 1...we need more humor in these discussions!!!!lol

THE CHOSEN 1

bearkatdad
11-22-2002, 07:25 PM
bearkatdad:

The Chosen 1:

Avacado Academy??? Guacamole High??? Are those cooking schools??...Good one, Chosen 1...we need more humor in these discussions!!!!lol

THE CHOSEN 1Avacado Academy?? Guacamole High?? Are those cooking schools?? Good one, Chosen 1...It's nice to see some humor mixed in with some of the discusssions...some people are so serious about these posts..of course, I won't mention any names..

PhiI C
11-23-2002, 08:09 AM
I agree with a lot that has been said. If Everman wins State again this year it could be the start of a dynasty. But to have a dynasty takes winning State Championships year in and year out and one or even two years in roll does not make a dynasty. Now when you win three in a roll or get three out of four or five or even six years then that would qualify. Sealy certainly qualified with those four straight championships.

Sinton_Playa 70
11-23-2002, 10:50 AM
The Everman Bulldogs are an awesome team but i feel like they haven't played anyone all year. If i'm mistaken if they have played someone good let me know. Everman was a great team and i got to give them credit cuz they beat us last year at state. I actually got to be at the game with the team. The atmosphere was incredible and i really thought we were gonna win but they proved us wrong. They didn't get that far for nothing. Everman is a strong team with running backs in Theo Miller and J.J. Jennings. Than quarterback Michael Benton has to be one of the best along with our own, Adrian Alaniz. I have to ask after this year what exactly does Everman have to build on their "dynasty"? Is it going to be a rebuilding year like we are gonna have next year or do they have alot of strong talent coming back?

Lead, follow, or get out of the way!!

runninrabbit04
11-23-2002, 03:11 PM
Everman is a great team...last year they won state and harldy lost any seniors, they did awesome against Forney who was ranked number one in the state...I'm glad that the only team we lost to was state champ...Dynasty....no, awesome talent buildin up....yes

The Chosen 1
11-25-2002, 10:25 PM
Everman was fantastic against Wylie. Everman ran the gamut against Lake Dallas. The Bulldogs have dominated against everyone since the early loss to Kennedale. The loss brought Everman back to reality, which they needed desperately. Everman is focused again and they have their sights set on state title # 2. Monahans better bring their A-Game, because Everman certainly will.

See you in Lubbock.

JasperDog94
11-25-2002, 11:15 PM
PhiI C:
I agree with a lot that has been said. If Everman wins State again this year it could be the start of a dynasty. But to have a dynasty takes winning State Championships year in and year out and one or even two years in roll does not make a dynasty. Now when you win three in a roll or get three out of four or five or even six years then that would qualify. Sealy certainly qualified with those four straight championships.I couldn't have said it better myself. Name me one dynasty that only won 1 or 2 championships on any level in any sport......didn't think so.

Everman has a great team, no doubt. But not a dynasty......yet. Watch out Everman. There's a new dog in town.

The Chosen 1
11-26-2002, 11:21 AM
Would someone please give me a few reasons why Jasper is so feared in 3a? Once someone does, Ill be happy to stop downplaying Jasper's ability. Everman has had only 2 losing seasons in the past 22 years and had their first perfect season en route to a state title. Everman has depth and talent all across their roster. Everman has all the firepower and can play forty eight minutes like the first 12 to get the job done. Would someone please tell me how Jasper gets so many props without the skins on the wall?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Matthew328
11-26-2002, 11:40 AM
Trust me Jasper has skins on the wall...plenty..for the past 20 or so years Jasper has been one of the best 4A teams in SE Texas...in school history they have 33 playoff appearances, including since 1983 appearances in 1983, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1991-1997 and 2000 and last year they were 12-2 and lost in the regional final in Class 4A...Jasper is a HECK of a team with 5 maybe 6 Div 1 players..besides the one state tittle Everman has Jasper prolly has a LOT more skins than Everman