16.Hondo (6-2) goes down to Devine…vs Bandera
17.Smithville (5-3) heartbreaking loss to La Grange…@ Sealy
18.Brookshire Royal (4-4) crushes Columbia…@ Sweeny
19.Somerset (5-2) beats Poteet…@ Luling
20t. SA Sam Houston (6-2) Huge win over La Vernia…vs. Poteet
20t. Mathis (5-3) Playoff type victory over Robstown…@ Orange Grove

Out: Columbus (4-4)
Robstown (4-4)

In: SA Sam Houston (5-2) Great bounce back win over La Vernia after loss to Luling.
Mathis (5-3) likely secures playoff spot with win over Robstown
Brookshire Royal (4-4) no longer under the radar after blow out win over Columbia. Coming to life in D26

Thoughts: No doubt Sealy and Cuero are top 2 and anyone else looking forward to a 2nd round rematch in El Campo?

Giddings may be a solid 3rd, but I have a feeling any of the teams ranked 3rd thru 9th could make a case to be third. Sweeny may be playing the best of the bunch, but all are solid threats to make deep runs if they stay healthy and get hot at the right time. Lyford seems like the odd one out as D32 may be the weakest district, but all they do is keep winning, easily.

After that the teams ranked 10th thru 20th are all very close. Edna has a very solid defense, big play capability and the Cowboys seem to be getting better. La Vernia may have been playing better early, but expect them to improve once the playoffs roll around. Needville is a solid team, but not built to come from behind and may struggle with fast teams...and they are going to see fast teams ahead.

D29 is anyone's guess. Who knows how those four teams will end up. All seem capable of knocking each other off on any given night.

Smithville is one of the top 20 teams in Region IV, but doubtfull they're still playing in three weeks.

Brookshire has to be the wildcard in this bunch. Would it surprise anyone if they beat any of the teams ranked 5-20?

BRfalconfan
10-24-2009, 01:19 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by R4Editor
[B]1.Sealy (8-0) no doubt (IMO) about #1 after crushing Smithville

Move The Chains
10-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Brookshire Royal (4-4) no longer under the radar after blow out win over Columbia. Coming to life in D26.

Thoughts: No doubt Sealy and Cuero are top 2 and anyone else looking forward to a 2nd round rematch in El Campo?

Giddings may be a solid 3rd, but I have a feeling any of the teams ranked 3rd thru 9th could make a case to be third. Sweeny may be playing the best of the bunch, but all are solid threats to make deep runs if they stay healthy and get hot at the right time.

After that the teams ranked 10th thru 20th are all very close. Needville is a solid team, but not built to come from behind and may struggle with fast teams...and they are going to see fast teams ahead.

Smithville is one of the top 20 teams in Region IV, but doubtfull they're still playing in three weeks.

Brookshire has to be the wildcard in this bunch. Would it surprise anyone if they beat any of the teams ranked 5-20? I'm going to address all these points.

#1 - BR is no doubt a solid football team. If there was any doubt before, there is none now. It looks like BR may have FINALLY turned the corner. They shut out a pretty decent Columbia O, put up some pretty nice offensive numbers and they got an over-abundance of speed. Do I think they'll beat a Sweeny team that is playing very well right now? No, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Good luck to the Falcons the rest of the way! :clap:

#2 - Sealy and Cuero are 1 and 2, no doubt. Can't wait to see that second round rematch. :)

#3 - Needville is a good football team.... and Sweeny blew them out. Sweeny is getting A LOT better every week. If they had Lemon starting at QB the entire season, they would likely only have 1 loss, maybe even unefeated. They way they're playing right now, the're as good as anyone.

#4 - I agree about Needville. They don't want to have to play from behind. They need to score early, mix it up, and milk the clock. If they get behind and have to pass to come back, it's going to be a short post season trip. Looks like they're going to get Sealy in round 1 again, so it may be short anyway.

#5 - Smithville is a solid football team. They would make the playoffs in every district except 25. I feel for them.

#6 - And no, it wouldn't surprise me if BR beat any of those teams. They're a good team.

So, basically, agreed on all points.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-24-2009, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
[B] I'm going to address all these points.

#1 - BR is no doubt a solid football team. If there was any doubt before, there is none now. It looks like BR may have FINALLY turned the corner. They shut out a pretty decent Columbia O, put up some pretty nice offensive numbers and they got an over-abundance of speed. Do I think they'll beat a Sweeny team that is playing very well right now? No, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Good luck to the Falcons the rest of the way! :clap:

#2 - Sealy and Cuero are 1 and 2, no doubt. Can't wait to see that second round rematch. :)

#3 - Needville is a good football team.... and Sweeny blew them out. Sweeny is getting A LOT better every week. If they had Lemon starting at QB the entire season, they would likely only have 1 loss, maybe even unefeated. They way they're playing right now, the're as good as anyone.

#4 - I agree about Needville. They don't want to have to play from behind. They need to score early, mix it up, and milk the clock. If they get behind and have to pass to come back, it's going to be a short post season trip. Looks like they're going to get Sealy in round 1 again, so it may be short anyway.

#5 - Smithville is a solid football team. They would make the playoffs in every district except 25. I feel for them.

#6 - And no, it wouldn't surprise me if BR beat any of those teams. They're a good team.

So, basically, agreed on all points.

:iagree: great points

BRfalconfan
10-25-2009, 07:08 PM
This is really good work

SHSBulldog00
10-25-2009, 07:21 PM
Nice job:thumbsup:

957tiger
10-26-2009, 08:44 AM
Has this season flew by or what. The regular season needs to be extended for our viewing pleasure.

pirate4state
10-27-2009, 09:10 AM
bump

44INAROW
10-27-2009, 12:24 PM
bump

R4Editor
10-30-2009, 08:07 AM
one last bump