PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the Buna fans?

Bobkat
10-22-2002, 12:03 PM
Big game this week between two teams that flat out don't like each other. Orangefield is playing well right now and so are the Cougars. Both teams are coming off big wins last week to keep their playoff hopes alive. Should be a real war. Anyone care to make any predictions? :D eek!

Orangefield 23
Buna 16

Compudyne
10-22-2002, 01:07 PM
Buna 16
Orangefield 10

duckbutter
10-22-2002, 01:09 PM
Buna 18
Orangefield 6

Reveille
10-22-2002, 02:24 PM
Orangefield - 20
Buna - 10

kepdawg
10-22-2002, 02:33 PM
Bobkat, are you suggesting that Buna has fans? If they do, I'd check the hardwood!

Bobkat
10-22-2002, 02:56 PM
Compudyne every week you pick against Orangefield and I was just wondering if there was a reason why? :confused:

Old Cardinal
10-22-2002, 03:25 PM
Orangefield will win that game! They have the next best team in 21-3A.

Birdman
10-22-2002, 04:23 PM
Orangefield - 28
Buna - 14

Jacket2000
10-22-2002, 04:57 PM
kepdawg:
Bobkat, are you suggesting that Buna has fans? If they do, I'd check the hardwood!That's what I was thinking.LOL

3ABirdMan
10-22-2002, 05:42 PM
O'Field 28
Buna 6

Too much speed (Sauceda) and too much D (Agerton).

ball_hawk_5
10-22-2002, 09:41 PM
my predicton...
orangefeild - 14
buna - 24

Buna has to much guts and glory to lose to orangefeild. also they have a dang good defense, one of the best iv'e seen in this distrit.

Bobkat
10-23-2002, 07:37 AM
Ball_Hawk 5...I assume by guts and glory you mean that Buna has a lot of Heart. I'm sure they do, they've put things together after a very tough start. I also agree that Buna has a pretty solid defense, but so does Orangefield. Orangefield's defense has played lights out since that 2nd half against Anahauc. Now my question to you is...Who do you believe has the better offense? You've played both teams, what's your opinion?

eek! :D

ej2525
10-23-2002, 07:52 AM
OF should take this one in my opinion. But, is Mother Nature going to play a roll with this sloppy weather we are getting currrently? And how long is it going to last? Weather man says pretty much all week long to expect rain. This could change many aspects of the game.

<small>[ October 23, 2002, 07:53 AM: Message edited by: ej2525 ]</small>

Compudyne
10-23-2002, 08:54 AM
Bobkat,
I have felt all season that OF has been over-rated. Nothing personal against the Bobcats, just my personal feelings. Buna has been on a roll lately so I picked them. I did not realize that I have not picked OF once this year. Sorry about that. It looks like yall have some easy games coming up so check my posts next week.

Bobkat
10-23-2002, 11:33 AM
Hey Compudyne no problem man. I was just curious and I completely understand the pick. This game could go either way, especially when these two teams get together. Some bad blood over the years has made this a big-time rival game for both teams. It surprises me that you think that Orangefield is over-rated though. Most publications at the beginning of the year had Orangefield picked anywhere from 5th to 8th place in district. Not surprising after the year they had last year finishing 2-6 and last in district. So the only way they could go was up and they have. Orangefield has a solid 3A football team and they're getting better every week. Hopefully they can keep it going and grab one of those playoff spots. eek!

Compudyne
10-23-2002, 12:11 PM
I always heard there was some bad blood between yall and Buna. Good Luck on Friday.

Bobkat
10-23-2002, 01:12 PM
Thanks, it's been going on for years. It was really a war when Coach Peveto was at Orangefield. Peveto and the coach at Buna at that time didn't get along at all and words were exchanged often. I've had the pleasure to see some really great football games between these two teams. This should be another good one. :D

<small>[ October 23, 2002, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: Bobkat ]</small>

hotstuff
10-23-2002, 01:42 PM
Is Hunger still band director in Buna?

St. Ivender
10-23-2002, 02:53 PM
Where are Buna fans? Answer- the internet hasn't made it to Buna yet.

Orangefield 21
Buna 7

BigBoy85
10-23-2002, 09:05 PM
This should be a hell of a game.Both teams are looking for a win to keep playoff spots alive.I think that Buna has a better Defense than Orangefield, but their offense is not as good.If Buna could find a way to stop Sauceda, they win, if not its gonna be another loss.If you take away Sauceda, Orangefield isn't as good as Buna on Offense.Unless the sloppy field slows Sauceda down, the Cats will win, it should be a close one.

ball_hawk_5
10-23-2002, 11:40 PM
yeah ..... i have played against both orangefeild and buna... in my opinion i think buna will take this one... reason for me pickin buna is b/c they have a good runnin back #12 who can make anything happen.. he can run the ball and also even catch if he has to. but orangefeild also has a good runnin back....sauceda... but by playin these two teams i have noticed something... orangefeild only has about one player on the offense and not that good of a defense.. buna. they have a good offense and also a defense that will come hard nosed at u. i just think that buna is the better team in this competition. but things may be different b/c of this weather we are havin.. i think that sauceda will be shut down by buna d and also mother nature will have something to say and after that buna will resort to the passing game and come out on top with the big W. but good luck to both teams and all the other teamsin the district on friday.

Bobkat
10-24-2002, 12:34 PM
Thanks ball_hawk_5...I agree somewhat with your comments. Buna does have a pretty good defense from what I hear, but so does Orangefield right now. Since the 2nd half of the game against Anahauc, the defense has really came together. Last week against H-F they totally dominated the game only allowing H-F 3 firstdowns on the night. So to me, the defenses both cross each other out. The better offensive team wins this game. Having said that, I haven't seen Buna on offense this year so I can't respond to your comments. But I can comment on Orangefield's offense. As far as being a one man offense, that couldn't be more further from the truth. Last week our QB threw for almost 200 yards on the night and this past summer he led our 7 on 7 team to the state tournament. Against yall(Anahauc) we didn't have to throw the ball because yall couldn't stop Sauceda(315 yards on the night). So we can put the ball in the air when we need to. The offensive line is the key to our offense and they're playing extremely well right now...Ask Alex Sauceda as he approaches the 1500 yard mark on the year. And in my opinion Orangefield has the best fullback in the district in Agerton...so they're definetly not a one-man offense. None of that matters if you don't show up to play, but I expect both teams to be really fired up for this game. Who knows what's going to happen in this weather but ain't it fun to try and predict.