10-23-2009, 11:20 PM
Through week 8, the district 25 standings are as follow:

Sealy 8-0 3-0

Giddings 7-1 2-1

La Grange 7-1 2-1

Smithville 6-2 1-2

Bellville 5-3 1-2

Columbus 4-4 0-3

If Bellville can find a way to stop Sealy's powerhouse offense, there will be a 3 way tie for first. But can the Tiger's offense be stopped? They have breezed through the first 3 district games, and have their eye on a district championship. Sealy dominated Giddings in week 6 with a 30-18 victory. Now Giddings has beaten La Grange, while Bellville breezed through the lowly Cardinals. Sealy has Bellville at Tiger field this coming Friday. A BIG ole fashion rivalry with Bellvilles glimmering playoff hopes on the line. A Bellville lost pretty much seals up the playoffs for the other 3 teams. I see Bellville coming out with a lot of passion, but cannot over come the Tigers at home. I see sealy winning this one easily 49-21.

Pudlugger
10-23-2009, 11:43 PM
IIRC the Sealy/Giddings score was 21-7.
All bets are off in this game. I put my money on Bellville. They have nothing to lose and are yet to discover their ability. But they are getting warmer.
Bellville 21
Sealy 14

thepicker
10-23-2009, 11:44 PM
Was at the game, Sealy won 30-18.

Pudlugger
10-23-2009, 11:48 PM
Oh yeah? Well that is fine. +12 instead of +14. 4-1 tie breaker coming right up.:D

thepicker
10-23-2009, 11:50 PM
Won't be needing any tie breakers.

sTx
10-23-2009, 11:51 PM
even tho bellville smashed columbus i just dont see them hanging with sealy this year...but u never no w rivalries like this but i gotta go w my tigers :D

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-23-2009, 11:54 PM
:ditto: but records go out the window in big rivalries like this one

Pudlugger
10-23-2009, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by thepicker
Won't be needing any tie breakers.

Maybe not if Lg wins out and Bellvile does too.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-23-2009, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
IIRC the Sealy/Giddings score was 21-7.
All bets are off in this game. I put my money on Bellville. They have nothing to lose and are yet to discover their ability. But they are getting warmer.
Bellville 21
Sealy 14

it was 30-18

Pudlugger
10-24-2009, 12:04 AM
This is my vision:

Sealy 4-1
Giddings 4-1
La Grange 4-1

I'll leave it to you geniuses to figure this one out.

thepicker
10-24-2009, 12:05 AM
Not happening.

muscatcannelli
10-24-2009, 12:06 AM
sealy is not THAT powerful. but they are great. if bellville comes to play and their offense rolls like tonight. sealy is in trouble. sealy will not complete any deep passes and score on bellville. no one has done that to bellville all year, unless maybe they pull out their cute little trick play like last year... any given friday night any team can win. bellvilles offense has risen from the dead and will come ready. bellville just has silly mistakes that has given La Grange a win, and possibly giddings. navasota straight up beat bellville though. bellvilles DEFENSE has only given up 24 points this season. so sealy will has a tough time. i wouldnt count this as a blow out. these polls and rankings dont mean crap. BELLVILLE's coming and so is SEALY. ready to watch a hard hitting football game. gotta love it. best of luck to both teams

thepicker
10-24-2009, 12:09 AM
The only thing between Sealy and a District title is themselves. If they come to play, they are as good as anyone in the state. Cant say that for everyone.

muscatcannelli
10-24-2009, 12:29 AM
We will see next friday night who comes to play cause all this hype dont mean nothing. We will see from the stands if sealy is the real deal or the luck of the Irish is gona run out for sealy???

MESS WITH THE BULL AND YOU GET THE HORNS!

thepicker
10-24-2009, 12:31 AM
The only thing Sealy will have on their mind is whether or not they want their steak medium or well done after they slaughter the Brahmas.

bvillebrahma010
10-24-2009, 01:01 AM
The only thing Sealy will have on their mind is whether or not they want their steak medium or well done after they slaughter the Brahmas.

nice originality??? haha jk. but this will be a good one! bellville by 7 in a doozy!

Pudlugger
10-24-2009, 01:02 AM
The T(t)igers come of a mediocre win in a game with a jv qb and get all hookey pookey over who they are going to beat next. Well they are goig to meet reality. Sealy will be lucky to end up 4-1. Along with Giddings and La Grange. Tie breakers will be all the thrill going forward in D25.

sports mom
10-24-2009, 01:27 AM
The T(t)igers come of a mediocre win in a game with a jv qb and get all hookey pookey over who they are going to beat next. Well they are goig to meet reality. Sealy will be lucky to end up 4-1. Along with Giddings and La Grange. Tie breakers will be all the thrill going forward in D25.

Smithville's JV QB did not play, #10 Fiero played the entire game.

beastyboyz
10-24-2009, 01:28 AM
Gonna be a great game between sealy and bellville, sealy has a powerful offense, but bellville has a powerful defense, I'm thinking the game will come down to turnovers and field position...

The bellville offense looks to be slowly cooking up a little. I wouldn't overlook bellville just yet...

Good luck to everybody in D25!

pirate4state
10-24-2009, 01:35 AM
The T(t)igers come of a mediocre win in a game with a jv qb and get all hookey pookey over who they are going to beat next. Well they are goig to meet reality. Sealy will be lucky to end up 4-1. Along with Giddings and La Grange. Tie breakers will be all the thrill going forward in D25. LOL

pirate4state
10-24-2009, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by sports mom
Smithville's JV QB did not play, #10 Fiero played the entire game. Sports mom, how many points did the Sealy 1st team defense give up to the powerful Smithville offense? I mean, they have to be powerful because they put up 42 on LG. LMAO

Spread It Out
10-24-2009, 02:23 AM
I'll be making the haul to see this one. I'm sure the image of Sealy dancing all over Bellville's field last year after beating them for the first time in 10 years will still be in the minds of these players. Bellville offense finally showed up tonight with the spread being brought about however I think Sealy's offense is more dynamic; at the same time Bellville's defense is dynamic as well. I'm taking Sealy by 3 in this one, Game of the decade between these two.

Bellville 35
Sealy 38

Move The Chains
10-24-2009, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Sports mom, how many points did the Sealy 1st team defense give up to the powerful Smithville offense? I mean, they have to be powerful because they put up 42 on LG. LMAO Smithville's offense isn't too bad.

Sealy's D seems to be their weakest spot. Their O can score with anyone.

They gotten tighten up a bit on D if they wanna go far.

Tiger Turtle
10-24-2009, 06:57 AM
Give Smithville's QB a call and ask him if Sealy's defense is a weak spot. S'ville put up what, 42 on LG last week and got two good TD drives against Sealy. They returned the opening kickoff for one score and had a short scoring drive courtesy of a Sealy fumble by the backup QB in the fourth quarter when things were out of hand and Sealy had gone to the bench. Smithville got two TDs in the second half, which has not happened to Sealy's defense in the previous three or four games. Smithville has a high-powered offense and put up 300+ yards but Sealy's defense is very stout.

BTownVBall3
10-24-2009, 07:06 AM
A team that lost to 2A Hallettsville should not be putting up 300 yards offense on a "state title contender" like Sealy. In Sealy at that.

GiddingsFan
10-24-2009, 07:41 AM
I'll take Bellville!

tiger eye
10-24-2009, 09:13 AM
Hey Pud,

Didn't you pick Giddings and Smithville over Sealy?
Why would we expect anything less from your pick this week. Aren't you glad you did not have to back those picks up with facts or money ?

Again, it will be WRONG !

What did Sealy ever do to you ?

Share in their success, don't be a hater.

Post on the successes of your boys. We will be there soon enough. We do enjoy your humor !

Wonder what your pick will be in two weeks?

GO TIGERS !

beastyboyz
10-24-2009, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by BTownVBall3
A team that lost to 2A Hallettsville should not be putting up 300 yards offense on a "state title contender" like Sealy. In Sealy at that.

This proves that anything can happen any night...kinda lije the earlier in the season at the sealy/rice game. Rice had many chances to beat sealy, but dropped balls and other things stopped em. Its just a part of the game. The team that comes out to play and stay focused, with less turnovers will win the bellville/sealy game. It will be a barn burner, probably around the 21-14 range.

good luck to both teams.

rancher
10-24-2009, 11:30 AM
Been to every Bellville game for the last three years. Sealy will win this one for one reason SUPERIOR COACHING, GAME PREPARATION, PLANNING AND ABILITY TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS. The Bellville defense will give Sealy all they can handle. However, the Bellville offense Im afraid will revert back to its anemic form and bone head play calling as displayed prior to the second half of the Columbus game. Look at the bright side, Bellville can start basketball on time this year. I think that was the plan since the start of the Football season. No other way to explain the poor showing of the offense by such a talented group of young men.

957tiger
10-24-2009, 12:07 PM
Every week Sealy has defeated a team that was either faster, stronger, better coached, more disciplined, pick a reason and every time Sealy has won the game. I don't expect some people to ever give Sealy their due, but that's alright. If you have followed this current program since Mitchell arrived in Sealy three years ago they are sitting at 21-9. Two trips to the post season and third possible, and yet this team still gets doubted every week even when they have outscored three district 25 teams by a combine score of 120-54. Two of the wins came against teams that were suppose to dominate Sealy.

And now once again the Sealy haters step up and claim Bellville can do what state ranked Giddings and Smithville could not accomplish, beat a solid football team. I realize that some of the haters have never been to a Sealy game and are speaking purely on emotion. But the fact is this Sealy has won 8 games this year. not by luck, or a bad call or even a "fluke" play. In reference to the play against Bellville last year would it have been a fluke if Bellville would have scored in a similiar way?. Don't forget Bellville had the ball last and could not advance across mid-field with almost two minutes left to play

Sealy is undefeated because right now they are faster, stronger, better coached and more discipline. Get to the game early because this will be a classic, with the better team winning on Friday night. It's okay to say you were beaten by the better team on any given night.

Footballhudini
10-24-2009, 12:32 PM

+1

Footballhudini
10-24-2009, 12:34 PM

The only team that lost to Halletsville is in their district. They only have one win this year, and it wasn't against a 3a team.

Footballhudini
10-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Ohhh..

Sealy 40
Bville 0

Pudlugger
10-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by tiger eye
Hey Pud,

Didn't you pick Giddings and Smithville over Sealy?
Why would we expect anything less from your pick this week. Aren't you glad you did not have to back those picks up with facts or money ?

Again, it will be WRONG !

What did Sealy ever do to you ?

Share in their success, don't be a hater.

Post on the successes of your boys. We will be there soon enough. We do enjoy your humor !

Wonder what your pick will be in two weeks?

GO TIGERS !

I see, if you pick a team to win over Sealy that makes you a hater. Also, apparently being wrong twice is more proof of the same. Now I get it. Thanks a lot.:rolleyes:

Of course I'll continue to pick opponents over Sealy because I'm a hater and that's what haters do...pick opponents over Sealy. LOL.

Bull's-eye
10-24-2009, 01:17 PM
If Bellville can get anything close to the offensive output like they got last night, then this could be a good game. Bellville pulled out the new spread formation, but look for Sealy to be more prepared. I hadn't seen the Tigers in person, but stats show that some teams have been able to move the ball on their defense. Giddings had more total yards and Brookshire racked up over 400 yards of offense. Bellville's defense will have their hands full, but they have the talent to keep this game close. IMO, Bellville will need a few turnovers if they want to win this game.

OldBison75
10-24-2009, 01:21 PM
Sealy has all the weapons to win out in this district. Bellville will have to finally get the offense to keep up with the defense to have a shot at winning. Bellville has a little revenge factor in thier favor this week too.

We can talk all we want about the upsodes of Sealy and the problems that Bellville has had this year, but you better believe that these things don't make a damn in this matchup. This is High School rivalry at its best. These are two towns and teams that really don't like each other and it is ingrained in each player that this is a must win game any year.

I am picking Sealy, only because the game in in thier field. BUT, I bet the score will be really close. Sealy better protect the ball and not commit any turnovers or Bellville will make them pay.

Tiger Turtle
10-24-2009, 01:48 PM
As a long time Sealy supporter, I have to disagree with calling Pud a hater. Over the years he has always been willing to give Sealy and other teams their due when appropriate while remaining s staunch Lep backer. That being said, he does seem to be getting a bit testy in his old age. See my sig line for perspective. I haven't seen LG this year, so i can't say with authority who is better, but this year's Sealy team seems to be very adaptable. They can put up 300 rushing or 300 passing as requuired to handle the situation and the defense in particular seems to be making really good halftime adjustments. I am looking forward to the game.

MJMbrahmas10
10-24-2009, 01:53 PM
Rancher will u ever be happy? Seriously last year when we were 12-2 you found something negative to say about everything you sound like a woman complaining.

Great came all around. Congrats to collier on a well coached offense Mueller played awesome and was on target everytime recievers did a great job of cathchin every pass thrown to them. I liked seen thrown the short passes and workin the field

Frontline Force
10-24-2009, 01:56 PM
sealy by +14

1st and goal
10-24-2009, 02:15 PM
Sealy has a good solid team but they are beatable. They should be able to beat Bellville but this is a classic rivalry and anything can happen.

I say the homefield possibly provides the winning points. I'd like to see Bellville pull an upset. Just would like to see the tie situation come to fruition.

Sealy has almost 200 more students than most of D25, they should field the best team. Let's see how far they go in the playoffs.

rancher
10-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Columbus defense just a notch above a good JV team. Bellville's offensive coach is wanting BB to start. Mitchell and Mitchell will have their way on defense. If I remember right, Bellville only had one first down in the first half before their drive before half time.

BTownVBall3
10-24-2009, 04:20 PM
My fault Hudini, Smithville won 25-24 in OT against a 1 win hallettsville team..Feel better?

Pudlugger
10-24-2009, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Turtle
As a long time Sealy supporter, I have to disagree with calling Pud a hater. Over the years he has always been willing to give Sealy and other teams their due when appropriate while remaining s staunch Lep backer. That being said, he does seem to be getting a bit testy in his old age. See my sig line for perspective. I haven't seen LG this year, so i can't say with authority who is better, but this year's Sealy team seems to be very adaptable. They can put up 300 rushing or 300 passing as requuired to handle the situation and the defense in particular seems to be making really good halftime adjustments. I am looking forward to the game.

Sorry for being so cranky. After last night's debacle I just couldn't help myself. Good luck to Sealy and Bellville. It should be a very good game.:)

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-25-2009, 12:37 AM
:blahblah: :1offtopc: smithville is legit, they are not the same team as the beggining of the year im sure any d25 posters on here will agree with me

Tiger Turtle
10-25-2009, 07:42 AM
Now, that's the Pud we all know & love... I told you he wasn't a hater.

Know_It_All
10-25-2009, 08:46 AM
Through week 8, the district 25 standings are as follow:

Sealy 8-0 3-0

Giddings 7-1 2-1

La Grange 7-1 2-1

Smithville 6-2 1-2

Bellville 5-3 1-2

Columbus 4-4 0-3

If Bellville can find a way to stop Sealy's powerhouse offense, there will be a 3 way tie for first. But can the Tiger's offense be stopped? They have breezed through the first 3 district games, and have their eye on a district championship. Sealy dominated Giddings in week 6 with a 30-18 victory. Now Giddings has beaten La Grange, while Bellville breezed through the lowly Cardinals. Sealy has Bellville at Tiger field this coming Friday. A BIG ole fashion rivalry with Bellvilles glimmering playoff hopes on the line. A Bellville lost pretty much seals up the playoffs for the other 3 teams. I see Bellville coming out with a lot of passion, but cannot over come the Tigers at home. I see sealy winning this one easily 49-21.

Would not say that Sealy dominated the game agains Giddings. Were they not down 12-0 with Giddings in the Red Zone before things feel apart for Giddings.

With that said Sealy should beat Bellville this week. Bellvilles offense is just not producing this year.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-25-2009, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Know_It_All
Would not say that Sealy dominated the game agains Giddings. Were they not down 12-0 with Giddings in the Red Zone before things feel apart for Giddings.

With that said Sealy should beat Bellville this week. Bellvilles offense is just not producing this year.

sealy's d shut down the giddings run the rest of the game and sealy's oline handled the giddings d all night.... and they won 30-18 so idk what u call dominating...

Bull's-eye
10-25-2009, 10:26 AM
Giddings/Sealy stats

Total yards 311 248
First downs 15 11
Rushes/Yds 46/168 35/203
Average rush 3.65 5.8
Comp/Atts 7/19/0 4/10/0
Pass yards 143 45
Comp pct 36.84 40
Punts 4 6
Punting Yards 90 140
Punting Average 22.5 23.33
Fumbles/Lost 2/0 2/1
Penalties-yards 8-60 4-35

Giddings actually had more total yards, so I would say they weren't dominated.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-25-2009, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Giddings/Sealy stats

Total yards 311 248
First downs 15 11
Rushes/Yds 46/168 35/203
Average rush 3.65 5.8
Comp/Atts 7/19/0 4/10/0
Pass yards 143 45
Comp pct 36.84 40
Punts 4 6
Punting Yards 90 140
Punting Average 22.5 23.33
Fumbles/Lost 2/0 2/1
Penalties-yards 8-60 4-35

Giddings actually had more total yards, so I would say they weren't dominated.

i agree with u all the way... he is just making it seem like sealy didn't win the game.. giddings lost it...

buff4ever
10-25-2009, 12:56 PM
when did he say that, I agree that giddings didn't get dominated, but don't think we didn't get beat.

Now if we played you again, I would still think we could win the game.

On that night in that weather, you beat us. NOT JUST B/C of the weather either.

1st and goal
10-25-2009, 02:25 PM
IMO, on a dry field, with all of our players healthy, Giddings could have beat Sealy. But, Sealy did hand it to us and they prevailed and so they should be district champs. The field and Sealy's fast defense negated our speed and our team was missing players. Yes, excuses excuses. I'm just sayin'. Its my opinion. Sealy has a great team but they are beatable. Better bring your A game Brahmas.

thepicker
10-25-2009, 03:58 PM
Sealy lucked out with a win last year at "The Pasture of Pain". This year Sealy is clicking on all cylinders. At home with D Downey (I am guessing you've heard of him) just to much to over come. And as for Sealy's D, they may not be the biggest kids ever, but they can fly. Better have a strong middle rushing game to be effective. True, any team is BEATABLE, but so far Sealy has not been BEATEN. When will they get the respect these kids deserve as a GOOD football team?

sTxforlife
10-25-2009, 04:50 PM
I agree. Every game that Sealy has won this year people have said that its because there were players missing on the other team or that that team just had an off night. So what. The bottom line is that Sealy is a damn good football and its about time they get the respect from other people they deserve.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-25-2009, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by sTxforlife
I agree. Every game that Sealy has won this year people have said that its because there were players missing on the other team or that that team just had an off night. So what. The bottom line is that Sealy is a damn good football and its about time they get the respect from other people they deserve.

no need to get an attitude rookie... no one is making excuses just giving their opinion...

sTxforlife
10-25-2009, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
no need to get an attitude rookie... no one is making excuses just giving their opinion...

And i wasn't getting an attitude... i was just giving my opinion on the subject, and what does me being a rookie have to do with anything?

BrahmaMom
10-25-2009, 05:24 PM
The Brahmas don't underestimate the Tigers. Sealy is a program to respect, always has been. We go into the game coming off a win against Columbus, but I don't think the Bulls will be cocky. I do think they will now go into the match knowing what they are capable of. I hope they execute. Give it your all, Brahmas!

ProudHornetMom
10-25-2009, 05:42 PM
I don't think it's time to push the Brahmas aside. They will come all out for the Tigers.

Brahmas by 7

pirate4state
10-25-2009, 07:26 PM
I'm hoping for a big win by the Tigers! :D Good Luck to #11 :) Wreck it kid!

zebrablue2
10-25-2009, 07:27 PM
so let me get this right-- if bellville wins out and sealy loses the last 2, bellville and sealy would be 3-2. la grange and giddings 4-1, and the bulls would own the tie-breaker over sealy... is it possible??? GO Bulls........

sTx
10-25-2009, 07:28 PM
Bellville will come out playing hard and w all the emotion in the world, but so will sealy i dont think this is bellville's year to win this rivalry, but it will be one hell of a game :D

gambler1606
10-25-2009, 08:00 PM
OK!! To all of you out in 3 adownlow land, I would like to apologize to you on the score between Sealy and Smithville. I predicted 44 to 14. I was off a little, the final score was 49 to 28.
NOW!!! my prediction for the Bellville AT Sealy game is 38 to 12 Sealy. YES!!! Bellville's offense had a good game against Columbus, BUT!! The Columbus defense is probably good enough to play at maybe a 2A level(no disrespect to Columbus) So please Brahma fans don't get your hopes up just yet thinking you have an offensive jaugernaut on your hands. NOW!! You all know I can get close on the scores so stick with me on this one...Have a great day!!

sTx
10-25-2009, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by gambler1606
OK!! To all of you out in 3 adownlow land, I would like to apologize to you on the score between Sealy and Smithville. I predicted 44 to 14. I was off a little, the final score was 49 to 28.
NOW!!! my prediction for the Bellville AT Sealy game is 38 to 12 Sealy. YES!!! Bellville's offense had a good game against Columbus, BUT!! The Columbus defense is probably good enough to play at maybe a 2A level(no disrespect to Columbus) So please Brahma fans don't get your hopes up just yet thinking you have an offensive jaugernaut on your hands. NOW!! You all know I can get close on the scores so stick with me on this one...Have a great day!!

haha i agree completely :D

gambler1606
10-25-2009, 08:16 PM
Why are the Giddings fans still talking about the game between Giddings and Sealy. You lost, and last time i looked in the Dictionary, a loss is a loss. So, if you had 501 total yards of offense and Sealy had 1 yard of offense and the score was 30 to 18 YOU STILL LOST THE GAME!!!!!!!! GET OVER IT!! If the game would have been played at Reliant Stadium with the roof closed and the A/C on I'm pretty sure you would think ya'll would have won the game then as well. Muddy field!!! I think I have heard that excuss a million times.

44INAROW
10-25-2009, 08:47 PM
And i wasn't getting an attitude... i was just giving my opinion on the subject, and what does me being a rookie have to do with anything?

Lighten up sTxforlife. Take a deep breath, relax and enjoy posting. Don't take things so personal. This is going to be a long week of back and forth "friendly trash talk" Have fun!

Spread It Out
10-25-2009, 09:48 PM

You should use all the money you spend on gambling to go back to school and learn some grammar.

44INAROW
10-25-2009, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Spread It Out
You should use all the money you spend on gambling to go back to school and learn some grammar.

I am usually one to "pick up on grammar/spelling errors" I don't see that much wrong, except a few missing commas. ;)

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I am usually one to "pick up on grammar/spelling errors" I don't see that much wrong, except a few missing commas. ;)

i am the worst person on here for spelling haha... absolutely horrible:doh:

Spread It Out
10-26-2009, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

Haha, I don't mean to nag it just gets frustrating being an English major and seeing that many grammatical errors. Not a big deal though, he/she got the point across.

I, too, pick Sealy to win this game but not by that wide of a margin.

Bellville 14
Sealy 28

thepicker
10-26-2009, 12:38 AM
Is it Friday yet?

FbCoachB40
10-26-2009, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by Spread It Out
Haha, I don't mean to nag it just gets frustrating being an English major and seeing that many grammatical errors.

Shouldn't you have a comma or semicolon after the word nag? Where are you majoring in English? Ole Miss?

Spread It Out
10-26-2009, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
Shouldn't you have a comma or semicolon after the word nag? Where are you majoring in English? Ole Miss?

aTm :D. You sound like my freakin' professor.

sTx
10-26-2009, 08:13 AM
This is my vision:

Sealy 4-1
Giddings 4-1
La Grange 4-1

I'll leave it to you geniuses to figure this one out.

Just a small change...
Sealy 5-0
Giddings 4-1
La Grange 3-2

Much Better
:)

957tiger
10-26-2009, 08:30 AM
I like it when a "play" is remembered, like the two point conversion that won the game for Sealy last year against the heavy favorite Bellville. Would a Bellville win in a blow out have validated their claim of being the better team, then as it does now.

The reality once again is the game was played hard to the final minutes. Sealy drove the length of the field and scored with Downey pounding the ball against a defense that was suppose to " stuff " the Tigers running game. The resulting victory came because the Tigers coaching staff, as all good teams do, practiced
a bad snap play and it was successful.

This game will be played hard for 48 minutes. Much like a prize fight between two cranky fighters. In the end If Bellville wins there will be plenty of reason for us to discuss, when Sealy wins will there be plenty of excuses from the doubters ?

trg
10-26-2009, 08:31 AM
As always I am backing my Brahmas. These boys can pull this one out. Build off the win against Columbus. You know you can do it now. Lets go Bellville...come out and be loud and proud. Go BULLS!!!!

teetle
10-26-2009, 08:38 AM
I reapect my friend Pudd. He be just upset that theys didn't beat Giddings. I don'ts knows why he hating on Sealy. He better hope belville loose. Cause they cants beet Sealy. Sealy better than everyones thinks. Jimmie he know what he doing. He got something up his sleeve for Bellville. He good that way.:eek: :D :weeping:

rancher
10-26-2009, 08:40 AM
I heard this morning while having coffee at Newman's that Coach Collier is starting Basketball practice on Wednesday and has a scrimmage schedule on 11/7. I was told that he was very upset at the late start last year and blames that on the fact that he did not make it to the state tournment.

SHSBulldog00
10-26-2009, 08:42 AM
Sealy is the real deal.

BrahmaMom
10-26-2009, 09:04 AM
I, for one, never make excuses for the Brahmas. They run the plays, win or lose. I am proud of their win over Columbus. But that game is over and now we prepare for Sealy. We must be mistake-free, play as a team with discipline and cannot afford to make mental mistakes or penalties, play with intensity and emotion, and make the most of every opportunity to move the ball forward and take advantage of field position. Can the Bulls do it? I believe they can. Go Brahmas!

teetle
10-26-2009, 09:07 AM
Collier not going tos starts Basketball. He tos worried about how he going to score against Sealy. He probably going to calls the sames old inept plays. Pud knows what i'm talking about. He sees it too. :eek: :D :weeping:

buff4ever
10-26-2009, 09:18 AM
Why are the Giddings fans still talking about the game between Giddings and Sealy. You lost, and last time i looked in the Dictionary, a loss is a loss. So, if you had 501 total yards of offense and Sealy had 1 yard of offense and the score was 30 to 18 YOU STILL LOST THE GAME!!!!!!!! GET OVER IT!! If the game would have been played at Reliant Stadium with the roof closed and the A/C on I'm pretty sure you would think ya'll would have won the game then as well. Muddy field!!! I think I have heard that excuss a million times.

Hey genius, all we were doing was responding to a bellville poster's post pointing out to you guys that you didn't dominate the buffaloes, which you didin't.

Actually I said you beat us, doesn't mean I don't think we can beat you, but you beat us.

Some of you Sealy posters are getting really hard to read around here, don't think it could happen, but how funny it would be for bellville and Lg to win out and sealy stay home.

I don't wish this on all Sealy posters, but just the annoying ones that are a little to high on their horse. :rolleyes:

Once again, don't quite think that can happen, but then again anything can happen. Everyone has expected something wild in this district before it is all said and done. That would have to be it, unless you all want to admit that Giddings getting beat by Sealy was as wild as it can get.

Just saying.

teetle
10-26-2009, 09:37 AM
Yous better not wishes it on ol Teetle, I put some hoodoo on you. I thinks that Giddings will lose only 1 game. Sealy none. LaGrange 2 Sorry my friend Pud. But you stills makes the playoffs.:D :eek: :wave:

Bull's-eye
10-26-2009, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Hey genius, all we were doing was responding to a bellville poster's post pointing out to you guys that you didn't dominate the buffaloes, which you didin't.

The Bellville poster was responding to a Sealy poster stating they had dominated Giddings. :D

BrahmaMom
10-26-2009, 11:37 AM
I think Nov 7 is after the final regular season game. I imagine Collier is taking his responsibility as Head basketball coach seriously. If Bellville makes the playoffs, he'll be right on the field. I don't think that means he can't run practice Nov 7 anyway, does it? Those in the know can clarify for us. Till then, GO BULLS!

Spread It Out
10-26-2009, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
I think Nov 7 is after the final regular season game. I imagine Collier is taking his responsibility as Head basketball coach seriously. If Bellville makes the playoffs, he'll be right on the field. I don't think that means he can't run practice Nov 7 anyway, does it? Those in the know can clarify for us. Till then, GO BULLS!

If the Bulls were to miraculously make the playoffs, then Collier would still be in football and the assistant varsity coaches would take over the basketball team until football was done. Coach Thompkins and Coach Hagen are usually the ones to take over while football is still going on, but that won't matter this year. Collier will be there for the very first practice!

dachosenone
10-26-2009, 11:44 AM
I just have one thing 2 say to all the haters of Bellville's season thus far. Jeremy Jackson # 36

Spread It Out
10-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by dachosenone
I just have one thing 2 say to all the haters of Bellville's season thus far. Jeremy Jackson # 36

Kid is a great player. I saw him play last Friday night for the first time against Columbus and he was all over the field, not to mention playing running back as well. Seems to have good size but lacks height that most major colleges look for. We'll see how he and the Brahma D fare against that potent Sealy offense.

Bull's-eye
10-26-2009, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by dachosenone

My vote for D25 defensive MVP.

Mojado
10-26-2009, 12:28 PM
My vote for D25 defensive MVP.

I agree, but it won't happen... It's a shame but you gotta win games to have that chance... and beating Columbus don't count...

IHStangFan
10-26-2009, 12:30 PM
LOL!!!!! Mojado.....that is the best screen name I've seen in AGES around here!!

Mojado
10-26-2009, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
LOL!!!!! Mojado.....that is the best screen name I've seen in AGES around here!!

Thx bra...:thumbsup:

Bull's-eye
10-26-2009, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Mojado
I agree, but it won't happen... It's a shame but you gotta win games to have that chance... and beating Columbus don't count...

Even if Bellville doesn't make the playoffs, Bellville's Jereme Jackson is a strong candidate for the defensive MVP.

957tiger
10-26-2009, 01:12 PM
When the season was young and Sealy was picked fourth in the district race, and all but written off before the first game. However as the season progressed, and Sealy began to improve weekly and win games they were predicted to lose, their presence was noticed on 3adl. While we may not be as vocal as some, or as knowledgeable as others, we are proud of our program just as we should be.

Perhaps we could be more vocal, or vindictive or even angry but for the most part we are just fans of a good team who have been hard at work since the sixth grade and it is paying off. Are we excited to tell people about our Tigers, yes we are!

rancher
10-26-2009, 01:23 PM
I have to agree that he should be the defensive MVP, but that will not happen due to the dysfunctional offensive scheme. Such a shame how the WEAK LINK can cause the downfall of such a talented group of young men. Bellville's defense was top notch.

teetle
10-26-2009, 01:25 PM
We's proud of our Tigers. Theys didn't dominate Giddings, no ones can. Giddings very good. Jimmie had something for them, like he have for everyone. He good that way. Sealy back and somepeoples cants stand it. Get use tos it. We could bes yours worst nightmare. Go Tigers. Everyoneelse; Jimmie got something fors you. He good that way.:eek: :D :flaming:

StangEm
10-26-2009, 01:25 PM
Who's going to Wal-Mart to buy the spray paint this year?

Bull's-eye
10-26-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by StangEm

Too many cameras! :doh:

FbCoachB40
10-26-2009, 01:50 PM

HAH! Has anyone seen Hwy 60 between Wallis and East Bernard?
There is spray paint everywhere from last week's EB vs Brazos game. Paint in both Red and Maroon. It says stuff like "DO NOT PASS THIS POINT!! EB SUCKS!!" It is hilarious

sTx
10-26-2009, 01:55 PM

The kids who did that were not football players, they were just seniors caught up in the rivalry :) just thought i would clear that up for everyone

sTx
10-26-2009, 02:10 PM

watch ur mouth ur gonna give sealy posters a bad rep

sports mom
10-26-2009, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by sTx
The kids who did that were not football players, they were just seniors caught up in the rivalry :) just thought i would clear that up for everyone

Thank you for posting this. I hate it when athletes are accused and they are not the ones at fault.

Bulligator
10-26-2009, 03:28 PM
Greetings from the finally wet Brazos Bottom,

I submitted this before last year’s game, and thought I would save some keystrokes and play it again. The team names in the next to last paragraph could be reversed this year. (Italicized) Funny how things change. Some may wonder what happened to the Bellville spark; I know it’s still there, it’s just taken a while to develop.

" Here we all are sitting around our glowing screens discussing the merits of some 15 – 18 year old boys and their football abilities. And, of course, the older boys, known as coaches and their ability to point the aforementioned boys in the right direction. Let’s not forget the fans of both teams, who extol their team’s virtues for all to see. All done anonymously in our homes, offices, or on a cell phone in the Denver airport. But I digress.

If you would have walked into the old Mewis Cafe on the Square in Bellville, say 30, 40, or 50 years ago, you would have heard most of the same thing. There they were, sitting on old wooden chairs around a formica top table, sipping their coffee or Coke. Most of them had donned the red and white in earlier years, and you could see the scars and crooked noses of the days before facemasks. It may have been years before, but they could recall every touchdown or shoulder led tackle of their youth. Some had been off to World Wars, and had come back home to discuss what was most important at the time – Bellville and Sealy in football. Those were the days of the back room meetings and wagers, where small fortunes were won or lost based on the performance of their local team. And there were those who had gone off to play at higher levels who returned, and when questioned on their most memorable game would refer back to one of the Bellville versus Sealy contests. Many a coffee break was extended during these lively discussions, which went on throughout the year, not just during the season. Those days have all but disappeared. Some still gather at Newman’s Bakery or Tony’s in Sealy, but most of those who gathered before are watching down from above.

It makes you think back to when the game seemed to have more meaning to the community. The team played for their town and school, and the pride it would bring with a win. If you lost the game, it was as if you had let your school and the whole town down. You apologized to your neighbor, the mayor, and even your pastor. The players gave it all they had and more on the field. And if the battle wasn’t finished there, Coshatte, Peters, and Cat Spring Halls would serve as the overtime in those days. Sadly, both communities have grown and the influx of those with no old Austin County ties has diluted the rivalry. If you talk to former players and those who have lived here a long time, they would say the same thing. It’s just not like it used to be. There used to be coaches that had played in the past games on the sidelines, but I can only think of one now. And he is wearing the colors of his former rival. If a player didn’t know about past games and what it stood for, he would after a few days at practice.

Both teams are fighting for a playoff spot and their own bragging rights. Bellville has had the upper hand the past few years, but a new coach and system has seemed to bring Sealy a new spark. Sealy feels as if they are coming in as the underdog and Bellville is looking for an undefeated district title. Sealy had all the press and rankings earlier in the year, while the Brahmas were hardly considered as contenders after last year’s disaster. It seems as if the roles have been reversed.

As an old time former Brahma, I issue a challenge to all the other past Brahmas to show up Friday night and support your team. Let’s bring back the emotion, desire and “knock the crap out of Sealy” feeling that we used to take for granted. Let’s show this new young herd of Brahmas what it means to be the best in Austin County."

Spread It Out
10-26-2009, 03:59 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

trg
10-26-2009, 04:59 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

sTx
10-26-2009, 06:58 PM
:clap: but there are two sealy coaches who graduated from sealy so the hate is still there lol BUT so is the respect that a good rival deserves

sTxforlife
10-26-2009, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by sTx
watch ur mouth ur gonna give sealy posters a bad rep

ok what exactly was bad about what i said. Someone please explain this to me because i don't see anything wrong with what i said.

sTx
10-26-2009, 08:50 PM
sure wish friday was here......................

sTx
10-26-2009, 08:51 PM
ok what exactly was bad about what i said. Someone please explain this to me because i don't see anything wrong with what i said.

Just shut ur mouth ur coming across as stupid :hand:

thepicker
10-26-2009, 08:53 PM
What yall think, I start a pretty good poll for this week?

sTx
10-26-2009, 08:53 PM
What yall think, I start a pretty good poll for this week?

Yeah i knew this was gonna be a big game :)

bvillebrahma010
10-26-2009, 10:45 PM
one thing i do know for sure, 100%, no doubt, is that this is going to be a great game! despite anything that has happened to bellville or sealy! it wont matter that bellville has been having a weak offensive streak, and it also wont matter what everyone has said about sealys D. one thing for sure, is that EVERYTHING will be left on the field! i do know that the majority of bellville and sealy football players are good friends, UNTIL those lights turn on, and for those 48 ticking minutes, Bellville and Sealy will hate each others guts, as the way it has intended to be! i do know that Sealy has sparked a flame in us Bellville fans after what happened last year! is there anything we can do about it? no, but we can get our revenge! i know most players feel the same way! I strongly believe Bellville will come out and dominate the first half, and then like usual, Sealy will make their adjustments and come out and make it a game, but Gods Country (bellville) will come out on top! i have many great friends in Sealy, and this football game has seemed to be the only thing we could talk about for the past year! Best of luck to both teams! injury free, fun football! only 4 nights away!

beastyboyz
10-26-2009, 11:17 PM
This game will most in likely go to the team who can capitalize on turnovers and field position...I don't think it will be a high scoring game...the bellville Defense is top notch led by #36 jeremy jackson and #9jaques polk(sp)...they will lead their troops...

But on the flip side sealy has a very potent offense led by #5 downey and #14 miller.

Both teams want this win bad....can't wait til friday to see how this turns out!

Who do yall think will win?? And why??

Spread It Out
10-27-2009, 12:33 AM
I think Bellville is going to come out balls to the wall with absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain and take the lead going into halftime. The second half will be all Tigers, as it has been in all of their games this season. Sealy is very, very well coached and has tons of talent. I think Sealy wins this game with their halftime adjustments and potent offense. I'm taking Sealy by 14 in the Battle of Highway 36, 28-14.

hookandladder
10-27-2009, 07:02 AM
Having played both Bellville and Giddings, there is no doubt Giddings is a better team then Bellville. So with Sealy's win over Giddings who I think may have the best offense in our District, I will have to definitely go with Sealy. May be close in the first half but Sealy will pull away in the 2nd half. Sealy by 2 or 3 TD's.

sports mom
10-27-2009, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by 957tiger
When the season was young and Sealy was picked fourth in the district race, and all but written off before the first game. However as the season progressed, and Sealy began to improve weekly and win games they were predicted to lose, their presence was noticed on 3adl. While we may not be as vocal as some, or as knowledgeable as others, we are proud of our program just as we should be.

Perhaps we could be more vocal, or vindictive or even angry but for the most part we are just fans of a good team who have been hard at work since the sixth grade and it is paying off. Are we excited to tell people about our Tigers, yes we are!

:iagree: :cheerl: :clap: :cheerl:

Bull's-eye
10-27-2009, 10:00 AM
Sealy began to improve weekly and win games they were predicted to lose

According to the Massey ratings, Sealy has been predicted to win every game. I know they played some 2A teams & some private schools in pre-district. :thinking:

pirate4state
10-27-2009, 10:13 AM
According to the Massey ratings, Sealy has been predicted to win every game. I know they played some 2A teams & some private schools in pre-district. :thinking: Maybe he's talking about the posters of this board predicting Sealy to lose?

Bull's-eye
10-27-2009, 10:43 AM
Maybe he's talking about the posters of this board predicting Sealy to lose?

In our polls, Sealy was 43-25 over Smithville, 46-8 over Columbus, 35-10 over St. Pius & behind Giddings 26-49.

In the week 6 top 25, only one person had the Tigers in the top 10 (Bull's-eye). :)

pirate4state
10-27-2009, 10:54 AM
In our polls, Sealy was 43-25 over Smithville, 46-8 over Columbus, 35-10 over St. Pius & behind Giddings 26-49.

In the week 6 top 25, only one person had the Tigers in the top 10 (Bull's-eye). :)

Well then this doesn't apply to you. :p I know I've read in different threads people predicting them to lose different games early on and still today. Nothing wrong with the opposing teams picking their own teams, but there are still plenty of other people that are picking them to lose. Just saying.

Bull's-eye
10-27-2009, 11:10 AM
Getting back to the game, will Bellville continue to run out of the spread formation?

BrahmaMom
10-27-2009, 11:40 AM
Wonder what the rain is doing to practices? I hope the Brahmas are getting pumped for this game. They have the tools to win, they just have to use them. GO BIG RED!

1st and goal
10-27-2009, 01:06 PM
They better practice in the wet...it will probably be wet Friday night.
I'd like to be there but I'll be watching my Buffs.

Hope its a good, fair game and everyone makes it home safely.

957tiger
10-27-2009, 01:28 PM
Maybe he's talking about the posters of this board predicting Sealy to lose?

You are correct. I was referring to the posters who made their predictions about Sealy's inability to handle the speed, size, experience, coaching, final score etc of most of the teams they have faced. While the experts had it right for the most part, it was the fans that were predicting a loss, in some cases a blowout of Sealy. That was my point

StangEm
10-27-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by sTx

Oh I know. I'm just waiting for the post here that says something has been done to the Sealy stadium. The guys who did everything last year had nothing to do with the football team. Kinda makes me wonder what fool from Bellville will try to do something.

teetle
10-27-2009, 01:41 PM
It cans rains all it wants too. Wes can play in any kind of weathers. Wes won't make excuses like Bellville will. Tigers roll rains or shine.Jimmie got something for the rain. He good that way. He know what he doing. He got something for Bellville too.:D :eek: :weeping:

sTx
10-27-2009, 01:59 PM
Oh I know. I'm just waiting for the post here that says something has been done to the Sealy stadium. The guys who did everything last year had nothing to do with the football team. Kinda makes me wonder what fool from Bellville will try to do something.

ha yeah maybe w all the rain if they decide to paint something it will just wash away lol ;)

teetle
10-27-2009, 02:15 PM
If theys wants to paint something they can come to mys house a bendover acres. It needs paint.:D :D :D

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-27-2009, 02:24 PM
great weather today :D hope it is like this on friday

sports mom
10-27-2009, 02:37 PM

My guess is, the field lights will be on all Thurs. night and Sealy PD will be patroling the area all week long.

Bull's-eye
10-27-2009, 02:48 PM
You are correct. I was referring to the posters who made their predictions about Sealy's inability to handle the speed, size, experience, coaching, final score etc of most of the teams they have faced. While the experts had it right for the most part, it was the fans that were predicting a loss, in some cases a blowout of Sealy. That was my point

Not to beat a dead horse, but most of our polls had Sealy winning quite handily.

FmrPirate14
10-27-2009, 03:08 PM
I believe Sealys gonna take this by 14

trg
10-27-2009, 04:18 PM
Lets go BULLS!!! Play with the heart and intensity we know you have and surprise everyone and take this game. I believe in you. We will be there loud and proud yelling for my Brahmas.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-27-2009, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by trg
Lets go BULLS!!! Play with the heart and intensity we know you have and surprise everyone and take this game. I believe in you. We will be there loud and proud yelling for my Brahmas.

these kinds of posts make me laugh haha...:) anyway... i think this game is going to be one of the best sealy/bellville games ever... its going to be hard to beat last years though:D

sTx
10-27-2009, 08:52 PM
ya i think last years game is gonna be remembered for a good while :) its kinda hard to top that

ExBrahmaZ
10-27-2009, 11:27 PM
these kinds of posts make me laugh haha...:) anyway... i think this game is going to be one of the best sealy/bellville games ever... its going to be hard to beat last years though:D

That was the most ridiculous ending to a game I think I've ever seen... Ball thrown up in the air off a fumbled extra point snap.... So Ridiculous!

Bull's-eye
10-28-2009, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by sTx
ya i think last years game is gonna be remembered for a good while :) its kinda hard to top that

Very easy to top! The Bellville comeback win over Caldwell in 2006 was far better. Bellville ended up winning 29-28 after trailing 28-3 with 6:20 left in the game.

sports mom
10-28-2009, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by ExBrahmaZ
That was the most ridiculous ending to a game I think I've ever seen... Ball thrown up in the air off a fumbled extra point snap.... So Ridiculous!

What's ridiculous about it? Because it worked for Sealy?
If Bellville would have had a play like that, it would be considered a wonderful play. Give the kids some credit.

trg
10-28-2009, 07:58 AM

That's just rude. I am just supporting and believing in my team not trash talking anyone or putting down the other team. Go Bulls!!!

sTx
10-28-2009, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by ExBrahmaZ

All good teams practice turning a game losing bad snap into a game winning 2 pt conversion

BrahmaMom
10-28-2009, 09:01 AM
This board was once about football analysis and team support, written with respect for opponents and concern for the players of the game. Any joking was good-humored between posters who knew each other. I see a deterioration in the discipline and dedication on the field, but also in respect with some of the posters on the board. Maybe I am getting old, but I like it better when there is respect between teams and posters.

The rivalry between Sealy and Bellville is long-standing. Last year's antics prior to the game were not the first of that sort, just the first in a while. Bellville is preparing to play this week's game to win and know they have a formidable opponent. Sealy is doing the same, with a better record. I hope both team's play with integrity and there are no injuries.

If this kind of post makes you laugh, go ahead. The Brahmas have not had the year they expected and it has been tough for players, coaches and fans. We who support them will continue to do so, regardless. GO BRAHMAS!

Mojado
10-28-2009, 09:04 AM
[If this kind of post makes you laugh, go ahead. GO BRAHMAS! [/B]

It did...:D Good luck!!! I think yall can win...

Bulligator
10-28-2009, 10:32 AM
This board was once about football analysis and team support, written with respect for opponents and concern for the players of the game. Any joking was good-humored between posters who knew each other. I see a deterioration in the discipline and dedication on the field, but also in respect with some of the posters on the board. Maybe I am getting old, but I like it better when there is respect between teams and posters.

The rivalry between Sealy and Bellville is long-standing. Last year's antics prior to the game were not the first of that sort, just the first in a while. Bellville is preparing to play this week's game to win and know they have a formidable opponent. Sealy is doing the same, with a better record. I hope both team's play with integrity and there are no injuries.

If this kind of post makes you laugh, go ahead. The Brahmas have not had the year they expected and it has been tough for players, coaches and fans. We who support them will continue to do so, regardless. GO BRAHMAS!

:iagree: 100% BrahmaMom

Yoefan11
10-28-2009, 10:41 AM
I wish I could go to this one...it should be a great game!

Oh and BrahmaMom.....:clap:

Bull's-eye
10-28-2009, 10:58 AM
You forgot the neck roll and the arms should be a lot bigger. :)

zebrablue2
10-28-2009, 01:11 PM

:clap::2thumbsup:iagree:

teetle
10-28-2009, 01:13 PM
Bellville bes a worthy opponent. Year in and year out theys good. Rice Raiders theys good. Wes just happened to bes a little better this year. Wes taken our lumps. Wes proud of ours team. With all reapects Jimmie got something for you, and yous not going to like it. Hes going to make you like it. He good that way. He the best. He got something for everybody. Good Luck :D :eek: :bigcry:

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-28-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by trg
That's just rude. I am just supporting and believing in my team not trash talking anyone or putting down the other team. Go Bulls!!!

im sry... i didn't mean this to be rude... just trying to have some friendly rivalry talk... don't take things so offensive

sTx
10-28-2009, 02:26 PM
anyways...............lol

sTx
10-28-2009, 10:05 PM
anyone have any season stats for bellville and sealy???

11as1
10-28-2009, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by sTx
anyone have any season stats for bellville and sealy???

yeah

Sealy

DOMINATE

Bellville

not so much haha

thepicker
10-28-2009, 11:07 PM
Congrats to everyone, the HOTTEST post for 3A downlow this week! How come its not the Regions game of the week???

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-28-2009, 11:10 PM
i think the sinton game made the reg IV gotw at like 12:01 saturday morning hahaha:D :D :cool:

piratebg
10-28-2009, 11:12 PM
I'd say 10:30 Friday night would be a little more accurate. :D

BaTmAn24
10-29-2009, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by sTx
anyways...............lol

This isn't AOL instant messenger bud. :)

BrahmaMom
10-29-2009, 07:40 AM
Thanks, Yoefan11, for that great pic! Sorry you can't make this exciting matchup! The Brahmas are in this one big!

StangEm
10-29-2009, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by teetle
Jimmie got something for you, and yous not going to like it. Hes going to make you like it. He good that way. He the best.:D :eek: :bigcry:

Yous donts be getting outta da Sealytown much dooos ya brutha?

ExBrahmaZ
10-29-2009, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by sTx
All good teams practice turning a game losing bad snap into a game winning 2 pt conversion

Yes teams practice turning bad snaps into good plays but if you watched last years game it didn't look like a play and it didn't look practiced. It looked like a Sealy guy threw the ball into the air and someone jumped into the air and caught the ball. I'll give a good heads up play to that guy but it looked like basic amazing and yes ridiculous luck. Not tryng to take anything away from the fact you won, you did win and thats what really matters at the end of the night just saying I thought it was ridiculous

pirate4state
10-29-2009, 09:59 AM
Congrats to everyone, the HOTTEST post for 3A downlow this week! How come its not the Regions game of the week??? because the region editor likes to piss off the people from D25 bahahahaha j/k

yalls district has had plenty of GOTW -- yall need to learn to share

GO TIGERS!

StangEm
10-29-2009, 10:11 AM
because the region editor likes to piss off the people from D25 bahahahaha j/k

yalls district has had plenty of GOTW -- yall need to learn to share

GO TIGERS!

Blah blah blah.......There's a reason the Regional Final last year was played by two teams from this district and it's that same reason why the district was chosen so many times for GOTW. These teams are just substantially better and actually offer something to discuss. Sorry but it's true.

pirate4state
10-29-2009, 10:22 AM
Blah blah blah.......There's a reason the Regional Final last year was played by two teams from this district and it's that same reason why the district was chosen so many times for GOTW. These teams are just substantially better and actually offer something to discuss. Sorry but it's true. Yeah, yeah, yeah...I've enjoyed reading all about how some of your fans were calling for your coaches heads and pointing fingers. :rolleyes: Now you've won one district game and everything is fixed.

Good luck!

teetle
10-29-2009, 11:03 AM
I has beens to Dallas, San Antonio and Beaumont ones time. But, I don'ts get around much since my wife died. I can;ts sees well enough to drive verys far. All I do is drive my bus and Drink a little wine. Nots at the same time. But, Ias loves my Tigers. Remember what I saids, Jimmie got something for you and yous not going to like it. He gonna make you like it. He good that ways.:D :eek: :bigcry:

StangEm
10-29-2009, 11:08 AM
I has beens to Dallas, San Antonio and Beaumont ones time. But, I don'ts get around much since my wife died. I can;ts sees well enough to drive verys far. All I do is drive my bus and Drink a little wine. Nots at the same time. But, Ias loves my Tigers. Remember what I saids, Jimmie got something for you and yous not going to like it. He gonna make you like it. He good that ways.:D :eek: :bigcry:

EAST SIDE!!!!!!!!

sTx
10-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by BaTmAn24
This isn't AOL instant messenger bud. :)

ya just gotta keep the sealy bellville thread on the first page bud:)

Tiger Turtle
10-29-2009, 02:40 PM
Last year's finish wasn't really any more ridiculous than the year Cuero scored at Sealy with no time remaining and needed to kick the XP to send the game into overtime. Sealy blocked the kick and the ball was bouncing around in the end zone. One of the Sealy players slapped it while they were walking off the field and a Cuero player picked it up in the end zone. The nearest zebra threw his arms in the air and ran for his life. That was the first time Cuero ever beat Sealy and it was the beginning of a string of 6 or 8 straight Goobler wins after Sealy had frustrated Cuero since the days of Robert Strait.

11as1
10-29-2009, 05:18 PM
well this game is sure to have the excitement of all the great brahma tiger games, however i see this one losing its spark somewhere toward the middle of the third quarter when sealy figures out the bulls spread offense and begins to pull away. this will be a hard faught battle ultimately ending with the tigers coming out on top by atleast 10 points.

tigers roll their rivals winning the district crown and crushing the bulls dreams

ProudHornetMom
10-29-2009, 06:10 PM
Very easy to top! The Bellville comeback win over Caldwell in 2006 was far better. Bellville ended up winning 29-28 after trailing 28-3 with 6:20 left in the game.

And here I was going along reading the thread...point...counter point...then a painful flash to the past. Y'all scored most of those points within the last two minutes.

Knowing what the Brahmas can do and how they can play catch up in the worst of weather situations, I wouldn't bet against them on Friday night.

It will no doubt be a great game between two long time rivals. Good luck Brahmas!

K-MAC Chuck
10-29-2009, 06:49 PM
Mark my words...

Sealy is going to win big over Bellville...a Sealy Tigers Sports Network special (sealysports.com)...:D

Pudlugger
10-29-2009, 07:41 PM
I can not remember a team more set up for an upset in 3A football than Sealy is in this one. Good luck Tigers you are so in for it.

Pudlugger
10-29-2009, 07:44 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah...I've enjoyed reading all about how some of your fans were calling for your coaches heads and pointing fingers. :rolleyes: Now you've won one district game and everything is fixed.

Good luck!

Man this one is just cold.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-29-2009, 07:44 PM
I can not remember a team more set up for an upset in 3A football than Sealy is in this one. Good luck Tigers you are so in for it.

If bellville wins... is it truly a HUGE upset?... i don't believe so... this should be a great game....

GO SEALY

zebrablue2
10-29-2009, 11:30 PM
good luck to the brahmas. surprise a bunch of people, and pull out a win on friday!!!

Bull's-eye
10-29-2009, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
And here I was going along reading the thread...point...counter point...then a painful flash to the past. Y'all scored most of those points within the last two minutes.

Knowing what the Brahmas can do and how they can play catch up in the worst of weather situations, I wouldn't bet against them on Friday night.

It will no doubt be a great game between two long time rivals. Good luck Brahmas!

Sorry to bring that game up, just making a point about about "classic" games. Another great game was the 37-34 Navasota win over Bellville in 2004. I remember the Bellville fans giving both teams a standing ovation.

Bellville may well have to reach in to their bag of tricks to get this win. As fans, let's hope for another classic game between 2 good teams. This is Bellville/Sealy......enough said.

BaTmAn24
10-30-2009, 12:54 AM
If bellville wins... is it truly a HUGE upset?... i don't believe so... this should be a great game....

GO SEALY
With the way Bellville has played this season, yes it would be a HUGE upset. Sealy has been killing teams and Bellville has either lost or just squeaked by. So IMO it would be a pretty big upset. Just my two cents though...

BrahmaMom
10-30-2009, 07:22 AM
Maybe so, but if you are from Bellville, ya gotta BELIEVE! I have my Backyard Brawl t-shirt on and I am ready to watch this rivalry tonight! It has been a tough year for the Brahmas, they may have to take it out on Sealy; not that the Tigers aren't plenty tough to handle it. But I BELIEVE in the BRAHMAS! Go Bulls!

STAggie
10-30-2009, 08:00 AM
Is it funny to any one else that this game is exactly opposite of last year. Last year, Sealy was ranked very high pre season and never quite met those expectation while Bellville was kinda an after thought at the beginning of the year and exploded on the scene. Same thing this year but reverse the roles. This will be a hard fought game and honestly believe if Sealy lets Bellville hang around, Bellville will pull it out. They are just too hungry to loose a close game to Sealy. Sealy needs to pull away in the 3rd and not allow Bellville to keep it close.

Bull's-eye
10-30-2009, 08:53 AM
How's the weather? Heard it may be getting cooler tonight. Rain stay away & a little sunshine wouldn't hurt. :)

teetle
10-30-2009, 09:04 AM
Bellville beats a Cardinal team thatis nots toos good and you thinks you cans beat the tigers. Yous dreaming. The Tigers will roll. Jimmie got something for you and you not gonna likes it. Get ready for Basketsball and be like the Aggies.Wait till nexts year.:D :eek: :weeping:

buff4ever
10-30-2009, 09:07 AM
JIMMIE JIMMIE JIMMIE GOTS SOMETHING FOR YOU,,

Guess what Bellville got something for you, and you ain't going to like it.

I really don't know about that, but this jimmie got something for you is gettin old. So consider some other form of smack talk if you would. You obviously don't have to, but no one else is quite as impressed by jimmie as you are.

teetle
10-30-2009, 09:14 AM
Yous should know. Hes already given you something and yous didnts like it. Yous better watchout Smithville might spank that behind too. Good Luck.:D :eek: :weeping:

buff4ever
10-30-2009, 09:22 AM
Yous should know. Hes already given you something and yous didnts like it. Yous better watchout Smithville might spank that behind too. Good Luck.:D :eek: :weeping:

Jimmie didn't have anything special for us other than a damn good running back that ate our weak side up.

Jimmie didn't do anything special unless he fathered that boy 18 years ago.:D :D :D

He didn't scheme anything crazy on offense, and none of his scheming had anything to do with our shooting ourselves in the foot everytime we drove the ball down the field. I.E. we out gained you guys.

Maybe what he had for us on your field (much like tonite bellville IN SEALY) was the officials on his side. WE HAD WAY TO MANY PENALTIES that night. Just kidding mainly, b/c we do that to ourselves every game. WAY TO MANY PENALTIES ON US B/C OF US. We are generally just good enough to recover from them. But against a good team like Sealy, and any we may run into, you can't recover from this many penalties.

Bulligator
10-30-2009, 10:39 AM
To all the posters from the other D25 schools, I think yall now see what we have to put up with all the time from these sealy fans. It’s bad enough to be a sore loser, but sore winners? I promised myself that I wouldn’t get back on here and read any of this nonsense, but I have sinned. Please forgive me, little jimmie. teetle said you had something for me. And teetle, did you get that name from what you did in your pants? And K-mac chuckster, are you harboring a little ill will toward Bellville for some reason?

Look people, win or lose, the team from Bellville is going to give it 200% tonight. If we don’t pull out the win, we’ll beat Sealy down enough so that La Grange can stomp ‘em next week. Seniors, this is your last shot to give them tigers an arse-whuppin, so don’t pass it up.

I’m headed to Cochran Store to get me another 12 pack of Shiner, see you at the game! :2thumbsup

teetle
10-30-2009, 10:52 AM
Yous guys couldn't handle La Grange, yous wonts be able to handle Sealy. Looks like yous out of luck. La Grange wonts bae able to handle Sealy. thats a fact accept it. Yous tahe one that says We gonna do this and wes gonna do that. La Grange gonna do this and LaGrange gonna do that. Theys done done it to you and will not do it to us. Accepts thes fact that you are dealing with a superior team. Its happens froms time to time. Maybe next year it be your turn. Whos know. Good Luck.:D :eek: :weeping:

OldBison75
10-30-2009, 11:03 AM
As was said earlier, this reminds me so much of the talk last year before this game, except the roles were reversed. At least the talk was this way until the great graffitti caper last year. The entire Brahma nation blamed everybody from the Sealy players to the pastor of the Sealy Baptist church it seemed.

What I do know is that Sealy is undefeated so far and has beat some pretty good competition. Bellville has not lived up to the pre-season expectations. If you break this game down to a review of performance for this year, Sealy should win. But, this is high school football in Texas and so much more goes into a game than the what can be compared on paper.

Bellville and Sealy have always had a big rivalry and it seems every year that this game becomes a battle to the end. You can't begin to predict what emotional forces will have the teams in thier grip by gametime. Both teams would love nothing better than to have the bragging rights to this game for the next year. The Brahma boys need this win to have a shot at the playoffs and that should make them that much hungrier. Sealy needs to win to keep the train rolling into the playoffs.

If Bellville can force a turnover or two, something they have been very good at this year, and then turn them into points, Sealy might be in trouble. I expect the gameplan to be to take Downey out of the game by putting a spy on him and forcing Sealy to beat you with another game plan. If the Brahma defense can hold Downey under 100, Bellville wins.

thepicker
10-30-2009, 02:14 PM
Well guys and gals it's game day! Young men from both squads are going to be pumped up all day. Each team will play their hearts out til the end. No matter win or lose for either squad, respect is an important factor in the Battle of Hwy 36. High emotions will be at Tiger Stadium at 7:30, and bragging rights will be on the line for another year. Fans, make sure you bring your jackets cause its going to be a cold one. Clear skys but lows in the low 50s to upper 40s. A little rain yesterday but should not be too much of a factor. Good luck to both squads in another BIG time Sealy vs Bellville rivalry match. Get ready for a big crowd and go get 'em boys!!!

BaTmAn24
10-30-2009, 05:09 PM
Yous guys couldn't handle La Grange, yous wonts be able to handle Sealy. Looks like yous out of luck. La Grange wonts bae able to handle Sealy. thats a fact accept it. Yous tahe one that says We gonna do this and wes gonna do that. La Grange gonna do this and LaGrange gonna do that. Theys done done it to you and will not do it to us. Accepts thes fact that you are dealing with a superior team. Its happens froms time to time. Maybe next year it be your turn. Whos know. Good Luck.:D :eek: :weeping:

Is there a way to block certain posters (like this one) so i don't have to see their meaningless and pointless posts. I guess he really wants to be like Bocephus. Too bad Bocephus actually was humorous and not completely annoying. If there is a way someone please let me know. I can't handle reading anymore' " Jimmies got a plan for youse and you not gonna like it." :)

HEMOTOXIC
10-30-2009, 05:53 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/hso/6694078.html

Sealy trying to restore title tradition

Sealy coach Jimmie Mitchell knew he had a good team on his hands this season, but he didn't really know how good until Sept. 25.

That was the night the Tigers traveled to Houston to meet perennial private school power St. Pius. Before long, the Tigers found themselves in a 10-point halftime hole.

Spurred by a great defensive effort and the arm of quarterback Cody Barrett, the Tigers outscored the Panthers 31-0 in the second half to roll to a 45-24 victory. They haven't come close to losing since (they're 8-0 and 3-0 in District 25-3A) and are ranked No. 7 in the state heading into their rivalry game with Bellville tonight.

“That was the best half of football that we played all year,” Mitchell said. “That's when it clicked.”

When Mitchell first arrived at Sealy in 2007, one of his first objectives was to change the mindset within the program. The Tigers, who have a proud history and rich winning tradition, had suffered through some down years and were looking to recapture success.

The turnaround was almost instant as the Tigers went 7-4 and returned to the playoffs that year.

Now, with a couple more winning seasons and playoff appearances under their belts, the Tigers are looking to take it a step farther, hoping to return to a place they were once a regular — the state championship.

“We've had a chip on our shoulder all year,” Mitchell said. “We went into last season ranked seventh in the state, but we didn't get a whole lot of respect from any major outlets coming into this season.

“We have our eye on playing for seven more weeks. That's the goal.”

ExBrahmaZ
10-30-2009, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Turtle
Last year's finish wasn't really any more ridiculous than the year Cuero scored at Sealy with no time remaining and needed to kick the XP to send the game into overtime. Sealy blocked the kick and the ball was bouncing around in the end zone. One of the Sealy players slapped it while they were walking off the field and a Cuero player picked it up in the end zone. The nearest zebra threw his arms in the air and ran for his life. That was the first time Cuero ever beat Sealy and it was the beginning of a string of 6 or 8 straight Goobler wins after Sealy had frustrated Cuero since the days of Robert Strait.

LOL well i said the most ridiculous I have ever seen and ididnt see that cuero/sealy game but it sounds just a little more ridiculous ahahahaha im sorry thats so horrible... ball rolling around and hahahahaha

ExBrahmaZ
10-30-2009, 08:11 PM

hahaha you can tell this guy got his education at SHS

IHStangFan
10-30-2009, 08:26 PM
This one is a fumble-fest......Bellville making the most of it and turning up the heat on Sealy.