charlesrixey
10-23-2009, 08:00 PM
says it all so far

pretty quiet game with some crazy field conditions

charlesrixey
10-23-2009, 08:21 PM
Celina 18, Gainesville 0

3:14 in the half

Celina gets a field goal after an interception and then an 80-yard run by Jamarrick Simmons on 1st down.

charlesrixey
10-23-2009, 09:10 PM
early 3rd Quarter

Celina 25, Gainesville 0

Cody Sandler runs for 50+ on the first Bobcat drive of the half

Pick6
10-23-2009, 09:14 PM
Real class with that onside kick up by 25 in the 2nd half.

charlesrixey
10-23-2009, 09:17 PM
Celina 32, Gainesville 0

Bobcats got the ball back and Worrell throws a short pass into the end zone

9:34 still left in the 3rd

charlesrixey
10-23-2009, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Real class with that onside kick up by 25 in the 2nd half.

i wasn't listening for a few minutes. Is that how they got the ball back?

nothing wrong with it if they are trying to seal it up

if it was 4th quarter rather than 3 minutes into the third that would be different

Pick6
10-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
i wasn't listening for a few minutes. Is that how they got the ball back?

nothing wrong with it if they are trying to seal it up

if it was 4th quarter rather than 3 minutes into the third that would be different

trying to seal it up? are you even listening to the game? 3 total 1st downs for Gainesville and Celina trying to seal it up? You've got to be kidding with that comment.

charlesrixey
10-23-2009, 09:29 PM
trying to seal it up? are you even listening to the game? 3 total 1st downs for Gainesville and Celina trying to seal it up? You've got to be kidding with that comment.

Celina had 120 yards in the first half, 80 on one play

they have no guarantees

25-0 still has a chance, 32-0 there's none.

Celina has done that for years. Celina has had probably 10 first downs max.

So no, if it is early 3rd quarter i don't see a problem with it.

Pick6
10-23-2009, 09:31 PM

Celina has done that for years.

Yes, you're right, they have tried to run up scores for years.

charlesrixey
10-23-2009, 09:35 PM
Yes, you're right, they have tried to run up scores for years.

:p

someone's a little bitter

nobody seems to complain when Celina gets blown out;)

Pick6
10-23-2009, 09:38 PM
:p

someone's a little bitter

nobody seems to complain when Celina gets blown out;)

No one's bitter.

You get what you give.

charlesrixey
10-23-2009, 09:41 PM
Celina 32, Gainesville 0

End of the 3rd Quarter

Celina holds after the Leopards drive down the field

charlesrixey
10-23-2009, 09:52 PM
Backup QB Jacob Stephenson has been in since the last TD for Celina; Garrett Stephenson is still out with an injury and original starter Cody Worrell is getting back into the groove after missing five games.

middle of the 4th, no score change

charlesrixey
10-23-2009, 10:03 PM
Celina 39, Gainesville 0

Stephenson makes some things happen, leading the bobcats down the field as they run down the clock. Simmons scores on a 1/2 yard run.

1:30 left in the game

Fletch
10-23-2009, 10:38 PM
No one's bitter.

You get what you give.

You show a complete lack of knowledge of Celina football.

They on-side or pooch kick 90% of the time, regardless of the time or score. Have done it for years, because they don't want to give up the long run-back that raises the other teams' morale.

Do some homework before you whine. :doh:

Pick6
10-23-2009, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Fletch

They on-side or pooch kick 90% of the time, regardless of the time or score. Have done it for years, because they don't want to give up the long run-back that raises the other teams' morale.

Another lame excuse from Celina. How many onside kicks have they done this year if they do it 90% of the time. Most likely you don't know the difference from an onside kick and a pooch kick.

CHS_89
10-23-2009, 10:55 PM
Another lame excuse from Celina. How many onside kicks have they done this year if they do it 90% of the time. Most likely you don't know the difference from an onside kick and a pooch kick.

lol, p6!!

Pick6
10-23-2009, 10:57 PM
CHS, Another Aubrey shut out. The PP game should be a good one. You going to that or Celina/Argyle?

Fletch
10-23-2009, 10:57 PM

Evidently nobody in the G'ville program watched any film this week or they would have been ready for it.

But since you're such a poor sport, I WILL admit that most Celina folks wouldn't mind if Butch hangs 60+ on yall. Never had any use for you. No class.:inlove:

CHS_89
10-23-2009, 10:58 PM
CHS, Another Aubrey shut out. The PP game should be a good one. You going to that or Celina/Argyle?

What was the score of the Aubrey game? Likely will go see Aub/PP.

CHS_89
10-23-2009, 11:01 PM
Evidently nobody in the G'ville program watched any film this week or they would have been ready for it.

But since you're such a poor sport, I WILL admit that most Celina folks wouldn't mind if Butch hangs 60+ on yall. Never had any use for you. No class.:inlove:

Fletch, calm down now. Pick6 isn't from G'ville. He's just stirring things up as usual to get a rise out of us Celina fans. Or is he serious :thinking:

Pick6
10-23-2009, 11:02 PM

If you want to see no class, go over to Shawnee Trail in Celina :eek: I've seen it many times over there.

Pick6
10-23-2009, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by CHS_89
What was the score of the Aubrey game? Likely will go see Aub/PP.

I think 49-0.

I wish the game was in Aubrey, PP stadium stinks.

Pick6
10-23-2009, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by CHS_89
Fletch, calm down now. Pick6 isn't from G'ville. He's just stirring things up as usual to get a rise out of us Celina fans. Or is he serious :thinking:

It's not all Celina fans CHS, just the classless one's need a hard time. The one's with class, you know you and old bobcat benny, that's about it, are okay in my book.

CHS_89
10-23-2009, 11:10 PM
It's not all Celina fans CHS, just the classless one's need a hard time. The one's with class, you know you and old bobcat benny, that's about it, are okay in my book.

I know, I was just funnin, lol!!! Thanks for the Aub score.

MN95
10-23-2009, 11:33 PM

Who gifted you, P6, with the determination of who has class and who doesn't? Doubt you'll find many on this board who would think Rixey falls in that category.

You are one of those that just sits back and waits for any reason to pick at Celina. Been doing it for some time. Idiot.

ctown
10-23-2009, 11:44 PM
Pick6 what a funny set of posts. What you also might want to consider is that tonight was pretty much a practice. Lots of kids in different spots, no intensity but after a hard game last week, needed some down time with the Leps. Hope Prosper and Argyle throw 80 a piece on you guys. That's the love you get when you come to our stadium years ago and spit on our field and cuss our fans before the game.

alaskacat
10-24-2009, 12:03 AM
Yes but fresh in my mind is a game played in Gainsville afew years back. The Leopards didn't mind running up the score was like 32-0 at half time Celina playing without a QB and they didn't mind pouring it on...so ..paybacks suck , but are perfectly OK as far as I'm concerned

Keith7
10-24-2009, 01:09 AM
Kicking onside kicks when you're up by 28 late in the game lol.. Celina will never cease to amaze me.. That is classless but the bobcat faithful would never admit it, they are too busy sending their kids through the chinese buffet line a third time around hoping to get a "Billy bob" from varsity blues.. Celina likes to kick a dog when its down.. Playing a Gainesville team without its best player and missing a few other key players and the bobcats are heros for running up the score?? lol you guys have to be kidding me.. Get your rocks off for this win cuz you're going to need something to be proud of when celina falls in the bidistrict round of the playoffs. Also, do some research on Gainesville, ask WOS87 for their history. The Leopards win in cycles, they might be down this year but they are obviously on the rise from years past. Gainesville has the talent to be the teams from earlier this decade, its just a matter of putting it all together and I bet that comes sooner than later and they won't forget about tonights crap I promise you that.

Keith7
10-24-2009, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by alaskacat
Yes but fresh in my mind is a game played in Gainsville afew years back. The Leopards didn't mind running up the score was like 32-0 at half time Celina playing without a QB and they didn't mind pouring it on...so ..paybacks suck , but are perfectly OK as far as I'm concerned

You had Nathan Tune starting in that game, who is now a division 1 QB, but you didn't have a QB for the game?? thats laughable.. Give me a break.. The reason why it was 32-0 at halftime was because you couldn't stop Purvey not because we were kicking onside kicks to run up the score.. Perhaps you guys were too busy pouting like little brats at the time to realize that though

gatordaze
10-24-2009, 07:17 AM
The insides kick is not a called play ahead of time. If your team is so poorly coached that they don't align themselves properly for the kickoff then 1 of about four kicks is going to happen. Kick offs are not different than a pass in Celina if you don't cover us the kicker is going to burn you. What better time to practice this game changing play? When it turns the tide in a key game everyone wil say how smart the team is. It is the other teams job to take care of fundamentals not Celina's to make it easy for them.

MN95
10-24-2009, 08:40 AM
Keith 7, your ignorant rants are just not worth a response. Go take your medication.

Also, just to be clear. It was not an onsides kick. That name implies kicking the ball into the ground and trying to recover a bouncing ball before the opponent does.

This play is kicking the ball up high and towards the sideline and hoping our end catches the ball before yours does, after the required 10 yards. Easily defended by calling a fair catch.

Also, this "running up the score" play occurred with us leading 25-0 and only about 2:00 PLAYED in the 2nd half.

charlesrixey
10-24-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
You had Nathan Tune starting in that game, who is now a division 1 QB, but you didn't have a QB for the game?? thats laughable.. Give me a break.. The reason why it was 32-0 at halftime was because you couldn't stop Purvey not because we were kicking onside kicks to run up the score.. Perhaps you guys were too busy pouting like little brats at the time to realize that though

Nathan Tune was a sophomore jv call-up at the time

the score was 37-0 at the half.

not sure how Tune was going to save a game like that

WildTexan972
10-24-2009, 10:37 AM

+1000

either buy a clue or don't comment....at the Prosper game I stood by some of those lowly Okie State fans in town with a Celina loacl to see the game, and 1 of them asks if Prosper has a true return threat since Celina keeps doing the pooch kick, and of course the answer is No, that is how we kickoff every time....

besides - no one on earth likes Gainesville, so drill em and let em whine like little girls sp we can giggle as they cry....

Sittin & Fishin
10-24-2009, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Kicking onside kicks when you're up by 28 late in the game lol.. Celina will never cease to amaze me.. That is classless but the bobcat faithful would never admit it, they are too busy sending their kids through the chinese buffet line a third time around hoping to get a "Billy bob" from varsity blues.. Celina likes to kick a dog when its down.. Playing a Gainesville team without its best player and missing a few other key players and the bobcats are heros for running up the score?? lol you guys have to be kidding me.. Get your rocks off for this win cuz you're going to need something to be proud of when celina falls in the bidistrict round of the playoffs. Also, do some research on Gainesville, ask WOS87 for their history. The Leopards win in cycles, they might be down this year but they are obviously on the rise from years past. Gainesville has the talent to be the teams from earlier this decade, its just a matter of putting it all together and I bet that comes sooner than later and they won't forget about tonights crap I promise you that.

Several comments:
1. Gainesville does run in cycles, just like most prorams. They do have some good young athletes coming up through the ranks and their QB will keep getting better and become a real threat with his arm and legs. Coaches seem to have Gainesville headed in the right direction. They will be good soon.

2. I would have liked to see this game played on a dry field to see what Gainesville speed actually is rather than being slowed down by players trying not to lose footing.

3. Gainesville is missing their star running back, which obviously made a big difference. Celina is also missing some very important players due to injury. Argomonte-DB, Brumfield-TE, Stephenson-QB, Braddock-DL, and now Perez-DB. John Jackson and Cody Worrell still coming back from injuries. Celina has been crushed by injuries this year.

4. AT THE TIME OF THE ONSIDE/POOCH KICK:
- the score was 25-0 with 10:00 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.
- Celina only had four first downs (3 of those 4 first downs were technically on scoring plays of 4 yds, 77 yds, and 61 yds.)
- Celina had already punted four times.
- Celina had only one completed pass which was thrown by the backup QB on a 2 point conversion.
- Celina wasn't moving the ball at all except for the two long runs.
- Celina has been getting killed all year on defense by long quick scoring runs (see TCA, Dangerfield, Prosper). With 10:00 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, the Gainesville QB or #32 could have broken several long quick runs and gotten the game close in no time at all.

5. I think everyone at the game would agree that it was one of the most boring games ever played, especially the first half. Celina was obviously still down mentally after the Prosper loss, and Gainesville is down with the loss of their running back and the loss to Sanger. 13 total punts between the teams.

6. EVERYONE can come up with examples of games where teams tried to run up the score. It is always magnified when it is your team being beaten. As fans sitting in the stands, we never know if there is somehting going on on the field or in past games that makes coaches do certain things. We don't know.

Earlier this year, when Celina freshman team was playing Whitehouse, the freshman Whitehouse team was up by 25 points with under 4 minutes left in the game. Whitehouse pulled a trick play on a punt where they hid a player on the sideline and scored on a 60+ yard pass play to go up by 32 late in the fourth quarter. Why did they do that? I don't know. I had just gotten there for the JV game and only saw the last part of the freshman game so I don't know if something had happened earlier that made Whitehouse mad and feel like they needed to rub it in Celina's face. Was it just incredibly poor sportsmanship? IDK. I know I never heard Celina complain about it publicly.

The fact is, as fans we don't have any idea on a majority of things that happen on the field.

7. That was a funny Billy Bob comment.

orange machine
10-24-2009, 05:46 PM
I wouldnt call beating a team 39 to 0 running up the score. Congrats to the Gainsville Defense for stuffing Celina's offense for the most part. I feel that Celina should have won by much much more, but it seems if Celina's defense is playing well the offense is playing poor and vice versa. I am very concerned with how the Bobcats are playing at the present time it doesnt seem that there is much consistency with this team right now.