PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's Bottom Ten

BwdLions
10-23-2009, 01:39 PM
Time to hit the Panic buttonComment Email Print Share
By Mark Schlabach
ESPN.com

The Bottom 10 reached an all-time low last week, too. Six teams reached the midpoint of the season without a single victory. Two of them -- 0-7 Ball State and 0-6 Eastern Michigan -- play Saturday in what, unfortunately, probably isn't an all-time low for the MAC, but could be an all-time high for the Pillow Fight of the Week.

So, with apologies to Steve Harvey and with help from J.B. and the boys, here's the latest Bottom 10:

ESPN.com's Bottom 10

Rank - Team - Record - Comment

1. Western Kentucky 0-6 "Rebirtha": The Hilltoppers had to know the jump from FCS status to FBS play would be difficult. But 14 losses in a row? Can they start over?

2. New Mexico 0-6 "Tickle The Truth": The Lobos' on-field performance has been bad, but coach Mike Locksley's off-field behavior has been worse. Bye week came at the right time.

3. Rice 0-7 "Driving Song": Opponents have been driving on the Owls all season. Rice ranks dead-last among 120 FBS teams in scoring D, allowing 45 points per game.

4. Ball State 0-7 "Lawyers, Guns and Money": Warren Zevon cut the original, but WSP does one heck of a cover. The Cardinals (No. 101 in pass defense) don't cover very well.

5. Texas A&M 3-3 "Pickin' Up the Pieces": Or whatever is left of the Aggies' confidence in Mike Sherman. A&M lost 62-14 at Kansas State, which lost 66-14 to Texas Tech on Oct. 10.

6. Miami (Ohio) 0-7 "Mercy": That might be the rallying cry at Miami. The RedHawks don't do anything well: They rank last among FBS teams in scoring, kickoff returns and turnover margin.

7. Eastern Michigan 0-6 "Hope in a Hopeless World": Yes, there's hope even for the Eagles. Winless Ball State travels to Rynearson Stadium for an epic pillow fight Saturday.

8. North Texas 1-5 "Weight of the World": That's the burden the not-so-Mean Green's offense carries onto the field. UNT's offense averages 405 yards per game, but the D surrenders more than 35.5 points per game.

9. Illinois 1-5 "When the Clowns Come Home": Has Ron Zook's circus act run its course at Illinois? The Illini have lost six consecutive Big Ten games and eight of their past nine overall.

10. Akron 1-5 "Already Fried": There's little zip in J.D. Brookhart's program. The Zips' only win is over Morgan State, not the kind of momentum you want with a new stadium.

Waiting list: Arkansas State (1-4), Florida International (1-5), Utah State (1-5), San Jose State (1-5), Washington State (1-5), SEC officials, UNLV (2-5).

Mark Schlabach covers college football and men's college basketball for ESPN.com. You can contact him at schlabachma@yahoo.com.

Link

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?page=bottom10102109

crzyjournalist03
10-23-2009, 01:40 PM
Let's be honest, if UNT and Texas A&M played today, who wins? I'm a UNT alumnus, and I think A&M wins the game by 20 points.

Keith7
10-23-2009, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Let's be honest, if UNT and Texas A&M played today, who wins? I'm a UNT alumnus, and I think A&M wins the game by 20 points.

This isn't a real poll.. It makes me laugh when people act like it is.. It's for comic relief and that is all..

mwynn05
10-23-2009, 01:50 PM
Let's be honest, if UNT and Texas A&M played today, who wins? I'm a UNT alumnus, and I think A&M wins the game by 20 points. i dono about that...we should be .500 at least

Move The Chains
10-23-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Time to hit the Panic buttonComment Email Print Share
By Mark Schlabach
ESPN.com

The Bottom 10 reached an all-time low last week, too. Six teams reached the midpoint of the season without a single victory. Two of them -- 0-7 Ball State and 0-6 Eastern Michigan -- play Saturday in what, unfortunately, probably isn't an all-time low for the MAC, but could be an all-time high for the Pillow Fight of the Week.

So, with apologies to Steve Harvey and with help from J.B. and the boys, here's the latest Bottom 10:

ESPN.com's Bottom 10

Rank - Team - Record - Comment

1. Western Kentucky 0-6 "Rebirtha": The Hilltoppers had to know the jump from FCS status to FBS play would be difficult. But 14 losses in a row? Can they start over?

2. New Mexico 0-6 "Tickle The Truth": The Lobos' on-field performance has been bad, but coach Mike Locksley's off-field behavior has been worse. Bye week came at the right time.

3. Rice 0-7 "Driving Song": Opponents have been driving on the Owls all season. Rice ranks dead-last among 120 FBS teams in scoring D, allowing 45 points per game.

4. Ball State 0-7 "Lawyers, Guns and Money": Warren Zevon cut the original, but WSP does one heck of a cover. The Cardinals (No. 101 in pass defense) don't cover very well.

5. Texas A&M 3-3 "Pickin' Up the Pieces": Or whatever is left of the Aggies' confidence in Mike Sherman. A&M lost 62-14 at Kansas State, which lost 66-14 to Texas Tech on Oct. 10.

6. Miami (Ohio) 0-7 "Mercy": That might be the rallying cry at Miami. The RedHawks don't do anything well: They rank last among FBS teams in scoring, kickoff returns and turnover margin.

7. Eastern Michigan 0-6 "Hope in a Hopeless World": Yes, there's hope even for the Eagles. Winless Ball State travels to Rynearson Stadium for an epic pillow fight Saturday.

8. North Texas 1-5 "Weight of the World": That's the burden the not-so-Mean Green's offense carries onto the field. UNT's offense averages 405 yards per game, but the D surrenders more than 35.5 points per game.

9. Illinois 1-5 "When the Clowns Come Home": Has Ron Zook's circus act run its course at Illinois? The Illini have lost six consecutive Big Ten games and eight of their past nine overall.

10. Akron 1-5 "Already Fried": There's little zip in J.D. Brookhart's program. The Zips' only win is over Morgan State, not the kind of momentum you want with a new stadium.

Waiting list: Arkansas State (1-4), Florida International (1-5), Utah State (1-5), San Jose State (1-5), Washington State (1-5), SEC officials, UNLV (2-5).

Mark Schlabach covers college football and men's college basketball for ESPN.com. You can contact him at schlabachma@yahoo.com.

Link

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?page=bottom10102109 I think it's funny that A&M is on the list, yet the beat a 1-5 team who isn't on the "bottom list." :thinking:

Buckeye1980
10-23-2009, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
I think it's funny that A&M is on the list, yet the beat a 1-5 team who isn't on the "bottom list." :thinking:

That's funny? Is it funny for an A&M fan? I know I am laughing...:D

jlwttu
10-23-2009, 04:46 PM

The 5 spot on the bottom 10 is always a well known program that is down or laid an egg the previous week.

WylieBulldog92
10-23-2009, 05:12 PM
:D at SEC officials.