PDA

View Full Version : Still Undecided

ronwx5x
10-23-2009, 09:35 AM
From where I live I can drive to the Carthage/Jasper game in about 2 hours. I can drive to Giddings/La Grange game in about the same or slightly less. Final choice is just drive 8 miles to see a 5A game (The Woodlands/Conroe). I'm leaning toward the game in Jasper. Any thoughts to sway my decision?

Maroon87
10-23-2009, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
From where I live I can drive to the Carthage/Jasper game in about 2 hours. I can drive to Giddings/La Grange game in about the same or slightly less. Final choice is just drive 8 miles to see a 5A game (The Woodlands/Conroe). I'm leaning toward the game in Jasper. Any thoughts to sway my decision?

I'm a tightwad, so I would pick The Woodlands/Conroe... :D

Astrosdawg07
10-23-2009, 09:39 AM
Come see me in Jasper my friend!

waterboy
10-23-2009, 09:47 AM
This is a 3A forum.....so no 5A game for you! I'd say go to the Carthage/Jasper game. That should be one heckuva game! If you go to that game, you can report back to me what those two teams look like........sorta scout 'em for us!:D I'm pretty sure we'll be playing one or the other come playoff time......;)

BTW, where were you when we played Kilgore?:(

Mojado
10-23-2009, 09:50 AM
Carthage/Jasper for sure!!!

Go watch 2 of the best defenses in the state....... Total combined score won't hit 28....

Have a blast!!!

ronwx5x
10-23-2009, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
This is a 3A forum.....so no 5A game for you! I'd say go to the Carthage/Jasper game. That should be one heckuva game! If you go to that game, you can report back to me what those two teams look like........sorta scout 'em for us!:D I'm pretty sure we'll be playing one or the other come playoff time......;)

BTW, where were you when we played Kilgore?:(

Went to Coldspring intead. My plane was in use by my partner so no flying and too far to drive! Some other time, maybe.

I didn't really miss much did I?

I'm leaning toward Jasper and I'll try to scout Carthage since Jasper is already known to the Buckeyes. I have a feeling I need to leave early to get a seat. Astros, I would really like to meet up with you. My cell is 281-451-3585. If you get a chance to call I'll come see you. Name of course is Ron.

waterboy
10-23-2009, 10:08 AM
I didn't really miss much did I?
Haha! Only the worst whooping Kilgore has had put on 'em in a looooong time! Gilmer absolutely annihilated 'em! The final wasn't even idicative as to how bad that game was for them poor ol' Bulldogs......and the score was 70-27! :eek: It was a GOOD game if you're a Buckeye fan!:D The Buckeyes look really good this year. You're gonna have to catch one of their games this year.:thinking: I'm pretty sure you'll get plenty of chances!:D

Emerson1
10-23-2009, 10:10 AM
Why drive 2 hours for two teams you have no connection to during the regular season?

ronwx5x
10-23-2009, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Why drive 2 hours for two teams you have no connection to during the regular season?

Because I like 3A football. Why do you live in a 4A town and post on a 3A board?

Emerson1
10-23-2009, 10:35 AM
Because I like 3A football. Why do you live in a 4A town and post on a 3A board?
I hope you feel as stupid for asking this question as I think you really are. Last I checked Forney has a 3A school.

You need to quit letting that puppy dog mouth bark at the big dogs.

BwdLions
10-23-2009, 10:41 AM
I hope you feel as stupid for asking this question as I think you really are. Last I checked Forney has a 3A school.

This is gonna get good. :1popcorn:

ronwx5x
10-23-2009, 11:13 AM

And that 3A school has been open how long? And you've been posting how long? And they'll be in what class after the next realignment?

Arf, arf.:cool:

ronwx5x
10-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
This is gonna get good. :1popcorn:

Actually this is not our first conversation. Emerson is like a dog chasing cars, he doesn't last long!

crzyjournalist03
10-23-2009, 11:19 AM
And that 3A school has been open how long? And you've been posting how long? And they'll be in what class after the next realignment?

They'll still be in 3A after realignment. :doh:

Emerson1
10-23-2009, 11:32 AM

A couple months.

A few years. You do know Forney was 3A(and basically made this site to what it is today)

3A.

ronwx5x
10-23-2009, 11:41 AM
A couple months.

A few years. You do know Forney was 3A(and basically made this site to what it is today)

3A.

I'm certain the long time folks on here are glad to finally know what made the site what it is today!

Since I've only been on a couple of years, I can't say I know all the inside info, but I have serious doubts Forney made it famous. I am well aware Forney was once 3A.

I'm glad you're on here though, gives me someone to poke back at once in a while. I'm just an old man arguing with a whippersnapper!:D

mwynn05
10-23-2009, 11:51 AM

Arf, arf.:cool: forney was 3a when he started posting

shamu85
10-23-2009, 12:28 PM
So what difference does it make who he wants to go see play? I see teams play all the time that I have "no connection to in the regular season" because it's high school football. Gsquared has probably driven every inch of highway in this state to see Texas high school football, regardless of classification. Do you ever post such rude questions to him Emerson?

ronwx5x
10-23-2009, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by shamu85
So what difference does it make who he wants to go see play? I see teams play all the time that I have "no connection to in the regular season" because it's high school football. Gsquared has probably driven every inch of highway in this state to see Texas high school football, regardless of classification. Do you ever post such rude questions to him Emerson?

Now, now. He's just being Emerson. If he said something nice it would be embarassing.:)

I actually like Emerson, at least he has been a loyal poster, even if it's rarely positive. He has said much worse about others and I feel privileged he has even acknowledged me. He is, after all, much too intelligent to lower himself to answer most folks. :devil:

Mojado
10-23-2009, 01:09 PM
Now, now. He's just being Emerson. If he said something nice it would be embarassing.:)

I actually like Emerson, at least he has been a loyal poster, even if it's rarely positive. He has said much worse about others and I feel privileged he has even acknowledged me. He is, after all, much too intelligent to lower himself to answer most folks. :devil:

Still... go watch Jasper/Carthage...:D

Emerson1
10-23-2009, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by shamu85
He asked for thoughts to sway his decision. Unless he is rich(well he lives in The Woodlands), then why waste the money on gas for a regular season game?

Bullaholic
10-23-2009, 04:28 PM

Ah--Older genteel verbal elegance that I appreciate, which accomplishes it's intent without resorting to the vernacular. My compliments, sir. :D

Keith7
10-23-2009, 04:30 PM
Go to Conroe / The Woodlands.. Check out a Highlander team that could be the best in the state this year play CISD rival Conroe.. Should be a good game, The Woodlands tends to play down to their opponent in games like these..

Also watch The Woodlands' running back Daniel Lasco, he's the best running back I've seen in awhile

oldtownag
10-23-2009, 05:18 PM
Go to Carthage / Jasper. I wish I was there but it is too far for me to drive. I guess I will have to stay here in Forney with Emerson.:stirpot: