PDA

View Full Version : Whats your take on noise makers?

GrTigers6
10-23-2009, 06:22 AM
This may have already been discussed on here but I would like to know what your opinion is about this subject. Right now each district can vote on wether or not to have noise makers at district games. My opinion is if one team is allowed to have them then every team should be allowed no matter the district or classification of the team. I don't understand the problem with cans with bearings in them. I do understand the hand held air horns because someone could blow them in another's ear and cause damage. What is your opinion on this subject?

3afan
10-23-2009, 06:25 AM
there should be no UIL restrictions IMO ... let each school allow what they want/don't want in their own stadium

Tiger Turtle
10-23-2009, 07:04 AM
Back in the ol' 4-peat days at Sealy, many of our fans carried gold-painted soft drink (plastic) bottles containing a penny for each game in our current winning streak, which reached 34 or 35 at one point in the whole 63-1 four year run. Others carried cowbells for some reason. We could make some pretty good noise shaking those Coke bottles, even in the big stadiums where we played late in the season. I don't like air horns, but I don't have a problem with noisemakers in general. Some of our fans also had "clappers" and a couple dug out their old trumpets from high school band and blew "charge" now and then. All in all, it was a lot of fun as we tried to out-noise the folks across the field. BTW, I went to a 5A game last week, and for three quarters, the band from the school that was on defense would play constantly while the other team was trying to get their play off. I don't care for that, personally.

Yoe_09
10-23-2009, 07:46 AM
I personally love air horns. Havent really used it in a game but for other personal excitement... If you have ever played Lexington you will know what horns are all about.

Eagle 1
10-23-2009, 09:20 AM
I think its BS. You go to football games to make some noise.
Goldthwaite has a Train Horn, and so many people we play complain about it.
I say if you don't want to hear it, stop us from scoring.

Nobody had shakers like Stephenville back in the day.

GetRDoneStangs
10-23-2009, 09:34 AM
Nobody had shakers like Stephenville back in the day.

You got that right!!!

They played Andrews in the Bowl several years ago, over 10,000 packed in and it was deafening to say the least!

pirate4state
10-23-2009, 10:10 AM
I'm all for 'em! :cheerl:

Pudlugger
10-23-2009, 10:12 AM
When I was in college my friends had a train horn attached to a big air tank. When that baby blew folks stood up out of their seats like the Cannonball Express was flying through!

maroonpirate04
10-23-2009, 11:26 AM
I don't think they should not restrict any kind of noise makers at the games, Cause they do promote school spirit and to me it helps pump up the football players, if people have a problem with noise makers then they should not attend the games :D

slpybear the bullfan
10-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Played Mineral Wells this year. Their "Train Horn" was pointed our the visiting stands.

It was literally so loud it made your ears buzz when it went off. Numerous fans complained about it. Have heard a ton of them but never that loud.

If your ears are crackling and you feel like you have been at a concert... its too loud.

(PS - I Shoot. A LOT. For Many years. I know when it is too loud. And it was too loud.)

lulu
10-23-2009, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Played Mineral Wells this year. Their "Train Horn" was pointed our the visiting stands.

It was literally so loud it made your ears buzz when it went off. Numerous fans complained about it. Have heard a ton of them but never that loud.

If your ears are crackling and you feel like you have been at a concert... its too loud.

(PS - I Shoot. A LOT. For Many years. I know when it is too loud. And it was too loud.)

Van's horn is like that. It literally hurt when it went of. :eek:

GrTigers6
10-23-2009, 11:55 AM
We have one mounted on a Polaris 6 wheeler. Its pretty loud. I agree with eagle1, if you dont want to hear it keep us from scoring.
In our district thats all we can have and we have to face it towards our crowd. But I can live with that. But outlaw shaker cans and bottles is just people who don't have enough spirit wanting to silent the ones that do. IMO

lulu
10-23-2009, 11:57 AM
The more the better. We have those bottles everywhere we go. In baseball people brought milk jugs. Someone on here said something about washers or nuts in cans. I like that idea. Can we do that? Watchout Waterboy:D

Pendragon13
10-23-2009, 12:57 PM
My take is that air horns, train/big rig horns and such should only be used after a score. As far as everything else...crowd noise and marching bands are part of the game and should make as much noise as they possibly can. Quiet crowds aren't fun for anyone..

Pendragon13
10-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by lulu
The more the better. We have those bottles everywhere we go. In baseball people brought milk jugs. Someone on here said something about washers or nuts in cans. I like that idea. Can we do that? Watchout Waterboy:D Wylie uses dried beans in half-gallon milk jugs during the playoffs...nothing during the regular season though.

Ingleside Fan
10-23-2009, 01:09 PM
Old Propane tanks with steel ball bearings in them are really good noise makers!:devil:

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-23-2009, 01:21 PM
a sealy guy has a big 10 gallon water container that he has painted up and filled with rocks... its pretty loud

slpybear the bullfan
10-23-2009, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
We have one mounted on a Polaris 6 wheeler. Its pretty loud. I agree with eagle1, if you dont want to hear it keep us from scoring.
In our district thats all we can have and we have to face it towards our crowd.

By all means, blow it as much as you like. Just point it toward your own fans.

NastySlot
10-23-2009, 01:33 PM
Over Rated....... esp Large Train/Diesel Horns...........Why?????

what purpose other then to take away from the game and the kids playing.