PDA

View Full Version : Giddings vs. Manor

BigOLinemen75
10-14-2002, 08:51 PM
Ok, after Giddings 34-7 win over Smithville, and Manor's 53-14 loss to LG, who do ya'll think will come out on top in this second week of district play?

buffalo booster
10-15-2002, 08:56 AM
Data Poll has Giddings by 9.5. Texas Power Ratings has Giddings by 7. I've gotta think that the spread will be more than that. Manor's D won't be able to stop the Buffalo stampede. Nicks is running well and I understand Green is healthy again and should get some carries. Giddings, 31-14.

gochargers!!
10-15-2002, 10:06 AM
Give me the OVER. The Buffalo Nation will rise to the task. It worked good last week....so I'll take the Buffs by 21...and how about my chargers??? After years in the cellar, we're on the move!! :) :) We tried to give one away on Sunday. When I went into church on Sunday night, I had written them off...but was surprised when I checked the score after church...
GO BUFFS!!! GO CHARGERS!!
http://classroomclipart.com/images/Animals/Buffaloes/TN_k5680-1.jpg http://sdc.imageg.net/@v=0227@/graphics/product_images/p105042th.gif

Matthew328
10-15-2002, 04:17 PM
I would have to pick Giddings...Manor is talented..but Giddings even though they are young has the experience in the big games....I think Giddings wins and gets the inside track to the playoffs..

Chris Hart
10-15-2002, 06:42 PM
Giddings wins this one big 34-13.

johnhenryfaulk
10-15-2002, 07:27 PM
giddings by 10

2001GiddingsLB
10-15-2002, 08:27 PM
Giddings by 4 in a hard fought, mistake filled game.

ivdunit
10-15-2002, 09:13 PM
Giddings by 13...Buffaloes have been play good defense.

gobraves
10-16-2002, 03:46 PM
I am heading to the the game Friday night so I will be very disappointed if I am not treated to a good game. You guys can talk about the spread all you want to but the bottom line is when the rain is pouring down on the field Friday nightat BUFFALO NATION the only thing being washed away will be the playoff dreams of the Manor Mustangs!
The receivers will be the difference for the Buffaloes this week. After seeing some game film it appears that they are picking up the blocking scheme of the new offense that has been put in place. It is a fact...BUFFALO NATION is on the rise!

HornetPride
10-16-2002, 04:04 PM
Stangs by 50

buffalo booster
10-16-2002, 04:24 PM
Always nice to have our friends to the north inject a little sarcasm. Best of luck to the hornets this week against Rockdale...

gochargers!!
10-17-2002, 08:10 AM
GoBraves is right. The confidence level of the BUFFALO NATION is probably through the roof right now. Look out your window....that glow you see in the distance is the prospect of the playoffs gleaming in the eyes of the Mighty Buffs. This is a huge game for them, and WHEN they pull off the victory, they will be well on their way to the thing that every young man from Texas dreams of...FOOTBALL PLAYOFFS.

GO BUFFS!!! GO CHARGERS!!!!
http://www.animationlibrary.com/Animation11/Sports/Football/football.gif

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
10-17-2002, 08:44 AM
I think the buffs will win this one, but I don't know if it will be big win. Like last years game. I not going to make it to this game but I'll try to make it to next game against LaGrange.
And to all the Giddings football players, "keep up the good work".
Go buffs.

2001GiddingsLB
10-17-2002, 10:51 AM
What's up with the Buffalo Nation thing never heard that before. Anyways I predict Giddings to win by a small margin. The playoffs are there for the taking, now go grab em.

buffalo booster
10-17-2002, 11:37 AM
Never heard the term Buffalo Nation before either. I believe that GoChargers!! was the first to use it on this board...

gobraves
10-17-2002, 01:56 PM
I kind of like the BUFFALO NATION phrase. Gives a sense of unity to the Giddings faithful! I also have to give a huge shout out to GOCHARGERS on the way that he stated his phrase..."WHEN they Buffs win" they will have the inside track to the playoffs. I have one things to say to the Buffaloes this week as they head into the pasture to tangle with the mustangs....THE NATION IS BEHIND YOU!
gobraves

gochargers!!
10-17-2002, 02:36 PM
Yeah, it was me....just kind of popped up in a conversation I was having with buddy about the Mighty Buffs. However, it has started to take on a life of its own. I think gobraves hit it on the head. In their situation (new coaches...old fans), you need something that is going to get everyone on the same page. A little bit of community support on this site wouldn't hurt. I know for a fact that some of the coaches read what is on here. (Who can blame them? They are the ones getting trashed from time to time. (Not that they put a lot of stock in what is said.)) That is not to say that the Giddings community is not behind them, because I know they are. There are plenty of people on this site that support the Buffs. That is what we need more of. It's a lot easier to go forward with people pushing you than it is with people pulling you down. BE A BUFF BACKER!!! Now is the time when the rubber meets the road. Let's get behind the BUFFALO NATION and support them into the playoffs.
GO BUFFS!!!! GO CHARGERS!!!!!

2001GiddingsLB
10-17-2002, 03:50 PM
Quit saying Buffalo Nation! As far as I know we've always been called THE HERD, and rarely have we been called that. I like FEAR THE HERD instead of the whole buffalo nation thing cuz that sounds ridiculous its not like bison had their own form of government.

oldbuff78
10-17-2002, 03:59 PM
Hey giddings 2001 lb, don't you know about indian culture?

INOUNVME
10-17-2002, 04:13 PM
GiddingsLB - doesn't quite have the same ring as terms such as "GATA", "HAW", or "I'ts all Mental" does it? Looks like the season here will be called after the regular 10 game season - no playoffs for us. We gonna hook up for some play-off games and/or some fishing? Hope everything is going well at school for you. Give me a call sometime when you get a chance. Buffs - GATA. You will have quite a crowd at the 1st play-off game.

gochargers!!
10-17-2002, 04:29 PM
Dude...don't have a coronary! :mad: Can't we all just get along?? Easy Big Fella'. Just trying to give some props to the Mighty Buffs. Don't we have more important things to discuss (i.e. supporting our Buffaloes) than having hissy fits over what catch phrase people are using about our team? BTW...from what I have heard, some of the people in the BUFFALO NATION think it is pretty catchy. Anyway, this doesn't really refer to the team as much as it does the community.

gochargers!!
10-17-2002, 04:53 PM
One more thing....GO BUFFS 7th Grade! Looking to stay undefeated tonight. :D

GO BUFFS!!! GO CHARGERS!!!

keep_it_real
10-17-2002, 05:44 PM
I think giddings wins 35-14. Manors defense is weak. Especially in the secondary. Then again, Giddings isnt much on passing. I change my mind..... Giddings wins 28-14