PDA

View Full Version : How good is 7-0 Van Alstyne?

eagle-one
10-22-2009, 04:25 PM
How good is 7-0 Van Alstyne, and can they beat both North Lamar and Paris?

CelinaCatFan
10-22-2009, 04:54 PM
While they have not played the toughest schedule, Van Alstyne is a good football team. I can see them beating North Lamar in a close game. Paris, on the other hand, will prove to be a much tougher opponent. Their record is misleading because of the opponents that Paris has played in non-district.

Can VA beat Paris? Sure they can. I think their last district game could be for first place in the district.

catgut
10-22-2009, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
While they have not played the toughest schedule, Van Alstyne is a good football team. I can see them beating North Lamar in a close game. Paris, on the other hand, will prove to be a much tougher opponent. Their record is misleading because of the opponents that Paris has played in non-district.

Can VA beat Paris? Sure they can. I think their last district game could be for first place in the district.

I don't think there's anyway VA will beat Paris. We're not that great but VA has played nobody yet and had trouble with some of those. If they can stop NL from running they can win but thats hard to do when they run him 35-40 times a game.

martwayne
10-22-2009, 07:49 PM
navasota rattlers will take both teams so it dont matter

catgut
10-22-2009, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by martwayne
LOL..think so? I'd say if we make it that far its been a pretty good season for us.

Twirling Time
10-22-2009, 10:01 PM
VA throws for bunches of yards, but when they play on a slow surface they bog down quick. They'll get Paris on their home turf, though, so it'll be on.

As for their schedule, it wasn't great, but it's not VA's fault that Howe and Paradise and Quinlan all suck. And I wouldn't call Farmersville a nobody. The Farmers will win their district if they beat Community tomorrow.

catgut
10-23-2009, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
VA throws for bunches of yards, but when they play on a slow surface they bog down quick. They'll get Paris on their home turf, though, so it'll be on.

As for their schedule, it wasn't great, but it's not VA's fault that Howe and Paradise and Quinlan all suck. And I wouldn't call Farmersville a nobody. The Farmers will win their district if they beat Community tomorrow.
Might be a fun game to watch when the two meet. I hope they're 9-0 going into that game.

Global Swarming
10-23-2009, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by martwayne

I wonder if cntdwn got another screen name lol. I guess every team has them.

LE Dad
10-23-2009, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Global Swarming
I wonder if cntdwn got another screen name lol. I guess every team has them. Unfortunately :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

Global Swarming
10-23-2009, 10:10 AM
Lol and to think that I was happy when my kids began to talk.

eagle-one
10-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan

I think they can beat Paris also, but they still will get Celina or Argyle in the first round no matter what. Can they upset one of those two teams?