PDA

View Full Version : Which NFL Coaches Lose Their Jobs?

Bullaholic
10-22-2009, 09:33 AM
Which NFL coaches lose their jobs for sure this season, and who is their replacement going to be? Lots of big name coaches available out there, and there are a lot of NFL coaches close to the chopping blocks.

ziggy29
10-22-2009, 09:33 AM
If Jim Zorn isn't one of the first, he must have incriminating photos of the Redskins' ownership.

SintonPirateFan
10-22-2009, 09:36 AM
if/when the cowboys don't make the playoffs this year, Phillips is gone. JJ will probably hire a college coach.

Bullaholic
10-22-2009, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by ziggy29
If Jim Zorn isn't one of the first, he must have incriminating photos of the Redskins' ownership.

I think Zorn is gone for sure and I think Snyder likes Shanahan, personally.

Txbroadcaster
10-22-2009, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I think Zorn is gone for sure and I think Snyder likes Shanahan, personally.

If it ends up being dallas and Washington vying for Shanahan, he will go to Dallas, Him and Jones are real good friends.

SintonPirateFan
10-22-2009, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
If it ends up being dallas and Washington vying for Shanahan, he will go to Dallas, Him and Jones are real good friends.

and i hate that, because i've never liked shanahan.

i'd rather see Bill Cowher than shanahan. dont know if he's looking to get back into coaching though.

Bullaholic
10-22-2009, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
if/when the cowboys don't make the playoffs this year, Phillips is gone. JJ will probably hire a college coach.

I can see Phillips gone and shifting to DC, if he doesn't retire. I don't think Jerry can refuse high-profile talent in players or coaches when it is available and I can see him going after Shanahan or Holmgren, both of which demand complete autonomy, but not Cowher, who I think wants to stay East-coast based. IMo, Gruden would be the darkhorse candidate.

Pendragon13
10-22-2009, 09:44 AM
I think Zorn is gone for sure and I think Snyder likes Shanahan, personally. Snyder is becoming the younger version of Jerry Jones/Al Davis. Other than occasionally luxury suite camera glimpses and championship trophy presentations...owners should hire good people to run their team..and step back and let them do their job.

Bullaholic
10-22-2009, 09:45 AM

My pure gut hunch is that the Shanahan deal is all but made and only Snyder upping the ante bigtime with his $$$ will keep Shanahan out of Dallas.

Txbroadcaster
10-22-2009, 09:48 AM
I can see Phillips gone and shifting to DC, if he doesn't retire. .

I dont think there is anyway in hades that Phillips would stay on as DC..especially if it is Shanahan who is the HC because that is who Shanahan replaced in Denver

Bullaholic
10-22-2009, 09:49 AM
I dont think there is anyway in hades that Phillips would stay on as DC..especially if it is Shanahan who is the HC because that is who Shanahan replaced in Denver

Good historical point, TXB...

rancher
10-22-2009, 09:50 AM
Zorn and Phillips for sure.

SintonFan
10-22-2009, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by rancher

:iagree:

Bullaholic
10-22-2009, 09:52 AM
I think Jeff Fischer is out of Tenn. Norv Turner is on his way out in San Diego.

SintonPirateFan
10-22-2009, 10:05 AM
I think Jeff Fischer is out of Tenn. Norv Turner is on his way out in San Diego.

i dont think there's any way they boot Fisher 1 season after going 13-3. he gets one more year, unless he bolts for a better situation.

rancher
10-22-2009, 10:05 AM
Also add to the list Cable in Oakland, he could be the first to go. Look for Turner in San Diego, Kubiak in Houston if they hit the skids and Jauron in Buffalo. CABLE COULD BE SPENDING TIME IN JAIL BEFORE HE IS FIRED.

Ex-Tiger2005
10-22-2009, 10:13 AM
i think del rio in jacksonville is sitting on the hot seat too! his team is very inconsistent!

Bullaholic
10-22-2009, 10:19 AM
i dont think there's any way they boot Fisher 1 season after going 13-3. he gets one more year, unless he bolts for a better situation.

Maybe one of those silly little things that the media picks up on---but Fischer wore a Peyton Manning jersey to a charity event earlier this week. Fischer said he "just wanted to feel like a winner."

SintonPirateFan
10-22-2009, 10:22 AM
Maybe one of those silly little things that the media picks up on---but Fischer wore a Peyton Manning jersey to a charity event earlier this week.

what titan jersey should he have worn? Collins?? they would have told him thanks, but no thanks! what kind of charity event was it? maybe the event planners asked him to wear it. a lot of variables go with that, but i understand what you mean. kind of strange to be wearing a division opponent's uniform.

Bullaholic
10-22-2009, 10:25 AM
what titan jersey should he have worn? Collins?? they would have told him thanks, but no thanks! what kind of charity event was it? maybe the event planners asked him to wear it. a lot of variables go with that, but i understand what you mean. kind of strange to be wearing a division opponent's uniform.

Here's the link to the story...the writer's last line in the article made me LOL.

http://www.examiner.com/x-433-NFL-Examiner~y2009m10d22-Tennessee-Titans-coach-Jeff-Fisher-wears-Colts-jersey-begs-to-be-fired

SintonPirateFan
10-22-2009, 10:29 AM
Here's the link to the story...

http://www.examiner.com/x-433-NFL-Examiner~y2009m10d22-Tennessee-Titans-coach-Jeff-Fisher-wears-Colts-jersey-begs-to-be-fired

wow...thanks for the link. i still think this story is making more out of it than they need to though, after all, peyton IS a Tennessee Volunteer and still a god all over the state.

Txbroadcaster
10-22-2009, 10:43 AM
I think fisher is gone from Tenn this year...not because of the record, but as seen agianst the Pats, his team for whatever reason has stopped playing for him. they had huge give up in that game and that is usually the first sign a a coach has lost his voice in the locker room.

BreckTxLonghorn
10-22-2009, 10:58 AM
Mangini may be gone before season ends. Just a horrible hire overall.

ziggy29
10-22-2009, 11:44 AM
what titan jersey should he have worn? Collins?? they would have told him thanks, but no thanks! what kind of charity event was it? maybe the event planners asked him to wear it. a lot of variables go with that, but i understand what you mean. kind of strange to be wearing a division opponent's uniform. If it was some sort of friendly wager for charity (i.e. "I win, you wear our stuff, you win and I wear your stuff"), I'm cool with that. But the comment about wanting to feel like a winner was over the top and a slap in the face, and I don't think it helped.

rancher
10-22-2009, 12:17 PM
No way Fisher will be gone, unless he goes to Dallas for more money.

Gobbla2001
10-22-2009, 12:54 PM
After the NE game I still believed Fisher's job was pretty secure... Haynesworth's absence hasn't helped the D-line, no one in the middle to draw double-teams... three starting corners out in the secondary... and old QB who I predicted before the season wouldn't have a repeat of last year... the receivers aren't proven and aren't catching balls and the running game is good only when there are large holes... Sure, coaches make mistakes, but they made them every year, I don't think Fisher is making any more mistakes than he did last season...

But after the jersey and "want to be a winner" deal, I think he could go sooner than I thought... I don't think it was a bad play by him, thought it was funny and he was making fun of himself in the process of trying to make money for charity... I'm 50/50 on whether he goes or not... was about 99% sure he'd say before this...

if the Texans finished 8-8 or below I think it's toodaloo time for Kubiak... just wish he would have had more to work with SOONER... he's done a great job with the offense and I see the defense coming around... hope he can get it done... esspecially Sunday, I'm gunna be in the parking lot tyin' it on at Reliant :clap:

dawg4life
10-22-2009, 12:56 PM

please be sherman. PLEASE be sherman! or even muschamp...but please be sherman!

SintonPirateFan
10-22-2009, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by dawg4life
please be sherman. PLEASE be sherman! or even muschamp...but please be sherman!

i can see somebody like petersen at boise, or even cutcliffe at duke (because of his work with the mannings)

sherman doubtful.

dawg4life
10-22-2009, 01:10 PM
i can see somebody like petersen at boise, or even cutcliffe at duke (because of his work with the mannings)

sherman doubtful.

Im just hoping anything will happen to get him outta Aggieland

RanchRadio
10-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Fisher stays, unless he keeps pulling stunts like the other day, wearing a colts jersey, and announcing to the room "I JUST WANTED TO SEE WHAT IT FELT LIKE TO BE ON A WINNING TEAM"

I hope Philllips goes, because I think the 'Boys would be a lot better off with Gruden. just my opinion.

coach
10-22-2009, 01:22 PM
if wade gets fired from hc he will not stay at dc no matter who the coach is....i wouldnt be surprised if the boys hire herm edwards.

westtxfballfan
10-22-2009, 02:58 PM
Maybe the Aggies and Cowboys can trade Sherman for Wade so they don't have to pay the buyouts? Not really a fan of either team, so it sounds good to me!

crzyjournalist03
10-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by coach
if wade gets fired from hc he will not stay at dc no matter who the coach is....i wouldnt be surprised if the boys hire herm edwards.

I can't see that happening. What exactly has Edwards done to make him look like a better candidate than any of the other former coaches out there? I believe that Holmgren, Shanahan, and Cowher (in that order) would be more likely candidates.

coach
10-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I can't see that happening. What exactly has Edwards done to make him look like a better candidate than any of the other former coaches out there? I believe that Holmgren, Shanahan, and Cowher (in that order) would be more likely candidates.

hes done more than wade

eagles_victory
10-22-2009, 04:30 PM
John Fox in Carolina is rumored to be out with The Chin going there since he is from North Carolina.

skins4life
10-22-2009, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

You should here Sam Huff and Sonny Jergenson on the Redskins broadcast talk about Zorn. Even as a 'Skins fan it's hard to listen to them bash him and the team.

Spread It Out
10-22-2009, 08:33 PM
There's no way Cowher would ever put up with Jerry Jones' managing styles so I think there's as good of a chance of Cowher being a Cowboy as there is of Brownwood winning state, LOL.

Shanahan or Gruden are the most likely coaches, IMO.

Txbroadcaster
10-22-2009, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Spread It Out
There's no way Cowher would ever put up with Jerry Jones' managing styles so I think there's as good of a chance of Cowher being a Cowboy as there is of Brownwood winning state, LOL.

Shanahan or Gruden are the most likely coaches, IMO.

same thing was said about Parcells

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-22-2009, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by rancher

correct..

Bullaholic
10-23-2009, 09:13 AM
Redskins GM said today that Zorn is there for the season and possibly beyond.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4587887

Old Tiger
10-23-2009, 09:18 AM
I think Mike Shanahan is the best fit and his running scheme with the Cowboys talent in the backfield would be insane!