PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport and the Polls...

slpybear the bullfan
09-10-2002, 08:32 PM
Okay, I hate to double post, but here goes...

On this week's Collier-Sharp, Bridgeport is at #38 I believe. Does anyone else beside an obvious homer like me understand why they are ranked so low?

Last week's Harris was #9 and this week the Bulls moved up to #6. This week's AP is #6... Yeah, that is a little generous, but #38?

Anyone have an insight here?

slpybear

eye of the tiger
09-10-2002, 08:43 PM
I dont understand the collier sharp rating system either. I do know they are respected and a lot of people speak highly of them. I agree 38 is way too low for Bridgeport. They have Commerce at 17 I believe and the AP has us at 4. Somewhere inbetween those if probably where we belong. Just keep winning and the polls will catch up with you.

sinton66
09-10-2002, 08:53 PM
Just goes to prove everybody has their own opinions, and ALL of them can get off in left field from time to time. It's the team's opinion of themselves that counts.

slpybear the bullfan
09-10-2002, 09:01 PM
I aggree Tiger and Sinton66,

Commerce should be higher than 17, they also are a top 10 team.

I know a lot of people have different opinions on polls. I am trying not to sound too much like the B'port homer I am, just seems odd that there would be that much difference.

Like you say Sinton66, a lot of people have different views on things.

I also wondered if it was a regional bias?

slpybear

Bulls '89 #70

c-town_balla
09-10-2002, 09:09 PM
I think it takes a does of tradition or somthing in to it because Cameron and Gatesville ect. ec.t are always pretty high

sinton66
09-10-2002, 09:30 PM
I have also noticed that they tend to adjust their opinion by what a team does against the "predicted" spread. Have always felt that's stupid in pre-district. How can the pollsters possibly know what the coaches were trying to do?

Owen B
09-10-2002, 10:13 PM
Slpybear, I wouldn't worry too much about the polls. Commerce was not among Collier-Sharp's top ten going into the playoffs last year and was only #10 in the final AP poll. Whether your Bulls are #1 or #50 in a poll, anyone who takes them lightly will be in for an unpleasant surprise.

slpybear the bullfan
09-10-2002, 10:19 PM
Owen, Commerce left the season last year ranked #10? That really suprises me.

By the way, Owen, EyeoftheTiger, how does ya'lls defensive line look this year? Last year it was brutal.

slpybear