PDA

View Full Version : Internet Broadcasting Help Needed

BigBrother
10-21-2009, 10:30 PM
If you are involved with your school's internet broadcast of football games please reply to this thread and let me know what company and/or software you use; do you use a cell phone, hard line, or other device, especially if there is no internet connection in a press box, etc.

We are having trouble with our internet broadcasts especially with school's firewall's blocking the data stream out from their servers.

Any ideas, suggestions, etc.????

Emerson1
10-21-2009, 11:00 PM
Forney's crew at www.sportsgram.net used a 3G card. When me, TXB and G2 did it we used whatever was available.

As far as stat keeping, I used http://www.statman2009.com/Football/index.html
It's excel based and I loved it. All you do is enter what happened and it does all the adding for you. There is a 50 play trial

957tiger
10-21-2009, 11:59 PM
The Sealy Tiger Sports Network an affilliate of K-MAC Sports uses a Verizon 3g wireless card for games when there is no hardwire available. Metal buildings can result in dead spots. An external atenna may help, but not always.
K-MAC provides the streaming capability. The equipment is a Dell Vostro laptop, Mackie Sound Mixer, Jazler software for music and commercials. Stanton headsets. Hope this helps you out.

Txbroadcaster
10-22-2009, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by BigBrother
If you are involved with your school's internet broadcast of football games please reply to this thread and let me know what company and/or software you use; do you use a cell phone, hard line, or other device, especially if there is no internet connection in a press box, etc.

We are having trouble with our internet broadcasts especially with school's firewall's blocking the data stream out from their servers.

Any ideas, suggestions, etc.????

Are you not in ccontact with the schools before you show up?

BigBrother
10-22-2009, 12:53 AM
We do, but we are still having trouble securing internet access and when we do, the school's firewall usually blocks our streaming. Most schools that we play have a local radio station that broadcasts the game and the radio station streams the broadcast. We do not have a local radio station, so we have to stream directly to the internet.

I am also looking for better quality equipment to produce our broadcasts and play the commercial spots, etc. Smaller and lighter equipment would be a plus also.

Any ideas?

block&tackle
10-22-2009, 04:06 AM
Send a pm to coachkiss...he does a fantastic job with Celina's internet broadcast and has done it from multiple venues - baseball playoffs, 7 on 7 SC, varsity games, peewee, etc.

Good luck...the IB's are great for us little towns that don't have our own radio stations.

Txbroadcaster
10-22-2009, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by BigBrother
We do, but we are still having trouble securing internet access and when we do, the school's firewall usually blocks our streaming. Most schools that we play have a local radio station that broadcasts the game and the radio station streams the broadcast. We do not have a local radio station, so we have to stream directly to the internet.

I am also looking for better quality equipment to produce our broadcasts and play the commercial spots, etc. Smaller and lighter equipment would be a plus also.

Any ideas?

PM me