PDA

View Full Version : Can Smithville beat atleast one team?!?!

stevo_tiger4life
09-07-2003, 12:27 PM
Hey guys i want to know if yall think Smithville can beat Lexington? Or anyone on their schedule??

Pudlugger
09-07-2003, 12:31 PM
Sure they can. Don't you beleive you can?

Old Tiger
09-07-2003, 12:42 PM
What is yalls schedule i know we got yall week 4.

CRHSeagle
09-07-2003, 12:49 PM
Same mentality that brings down our team.Just think positive going into ur games. I've had my share of badseasons.....

Finalbob
09-07-2003, 02:11 PM
If and ONLY if you play with more Class and Discipline.

Gobbla2001
09-07-2003, 02:23 PM
If they wanna win they can... It's all about having a winning, yet not a cocky attitude going into games...

It also wouldn't hurt to pay off a water boy from the other team and have them spike the Gatoraid...

GoForIt
09-07-2003, 04:47 PM
Gobbla2001:
If they wanna win they can... It's all about having a winning, yet not a cocky attitude going into games...

It also wouldn't hurt to pay off a water boy from the other team and have them spike the Gatoraid....... Almost sounds like you speak from experience. Try Fleet Laxative. Works every time....

GoForIt
09-07-2003, 04:54 PM
You can't help but feel sorry for Smithville. Reminds me of Somerville (same colors, too). None of the players are taught the joys of winning to compensate for the agony of defeat. But there's always a chance for hope if coaches can re-program the kids who check out their first set of pads in seventh grade. It starts with a dream, then a plan of action, then patience and persistence and - boom - in three of four years people start taking notice. Look at Rosebud-Lott, for example. 15 years ago, R-L was everybody's homecoming game (it was a sure thing). But look at them now. If a coach sees caller ID and its the Rosebud athletic office possibly calling to schedule a game, nobody wants to accept the call.
Someday, Hope Floats in Smithville....

Chief Woodman
09-07-2003, 05:39 PM
You need to schedule the teams on Decaturs schedule. According to J2K, it is a padded schedule. Anybody could win those games.

stevo_tiger4life
09-08-2003, 07:39 PM
Well guys we go into game with positive attitude but tha out come isnt any good. We try and try and try and try. nothin good. But thx for tha good advice. We are gonna go all out this Friday, HOmecoming!

crzyjournalist03
09-08-2003, 09:28 PM
Chief Woodman:
You need to schedule the teams on Decaturs schedule. According to J2K, it is a padded schedule. Anybody could win those games.Who is decatur playing?

GoForIt
09-08-2003, 09:51 PM
I tend to look out for the underdogs and I feel really badly for Smithville. They had a decent program 15-20 years ago and seems like they lost to Waller in the second or third round and another year they lost to Cuero - though badly.

They usually have decent athletes but can't seem to really work together as a solid unit on a mission. Don't just shoot for winning "a game", brother. Set your goals at the playoffs and perhaps you'll at least win 3 or 4 games, which is a start.

It think your school has been spending a LOT of money on its music program so it could be that the school trustees don't want to shell out decent salaries to attract quality. One idea is to get an athletic minded person or two to replace trusteees who don't balance the extracurricular funds.

Just an idea....

Chief Woodman
09-08-2003, 09:57 PM
this year Pottsboro, Breckenridge (Just won 73-0)4A Birdville (who without the stud RB just beat a 5A team), 4a Mineral Wells, 4A Springtown (playoff team last year) and then the teams the UIL scheduled for us... (District)....Bridgeport, Sanger (who beat pilot point), Lake Dallas, Little Elm, Lake Worth.

Current Decatur record 2-0 opponents record not including the Decatur game losses to us....1-0-1

crzyjournalist03
09-08-2003, 10:18 PM
so you've got a tough preseason, and not so tough district. That's not a pushover schedule.

Chief Woodman
09-09-2003, 08:55 AM
SHHHHH! Don't tell J2K! He thinks It is padded and that Celina's schedule is tougher. Agree with him and humor him. After all he is an administrator.....lol

crzyjournalist03
09-09-2003, 11:32 AM
ooohhh, ok. gotcha wink