PDA

View Full Version : Dad of the Year Material

injuredinmelee
10-21-2009, 10:54 AM
So my kids each had a pig they raised for the state fair this year. One named Cotton one named Biscuit. Turned out we werent able to go so the pigs (unknown to the kiddos) went to the processor (insert your weee weee weeee joke here).

Anyways this morning we are eating bacon and eggs and their dad pops off " I wonder if this is biscuit or cotton." My daughter immediately got the jke and spit her food all over the table before running out of the dining room screaming at me. My son didnt get it so he said "daddy you silly. This is bacon not biscuits". I chuckled a little bit and was going to let the isue die but oh nooooooooooo daughter comes storming out of her room to explain it to him.

Now I have to thinki of some way to make it up to the kids this afternoon and a place to unload all this d@!* pork.

Ranger Mom
10-21-2009, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
So my kids each had a pig they raised for the state fair this year. One named Cotton one named Biscuit. Turned out we werent able to go so the pigs (unknown to the kiddos) went to the processor (insert your weee weee weeee joke here).

Anyways this morning we are eating bacon and eggs and their dad pops off " I wonder if this is biscuit or cotton." My daughter immediately got the jke and spit her food all over the table before running out of the dining room screaming at me. My son didnt get it so he said "daddy you silly. This is bacon not biscuits". I chuckled a little bit and was going to let the isue die but oh nooooooooooo daughter comes storming out of her room to explain it to him.

Now I have to thinki of some way to make it up to the kids this afternoon and a place to unload all this d@!* pork.

Don't take them somewhere to eat pork chops!!!:doh:

crzyjournalist03
10-21-2009, 11:00 AM
Tell the kids you got rid of the pork, then pretend like you bought bacon at the store. If they throw a fit, explain to them that they're welcome to become vegetarians, but that's life. Their pets were grown to eat, now they can either eat them or let their pets have died in vain.

injuredinmelee
10-21-2009, 11:03 AM
when we first started raising show pigs I tried to tell them we ARE going to eat these things someday.

Ranger Mom
10-21-2009, 11:05 AM
My parents bought goats when we were in our early teens....with the intent on fattening them up and eating them.

Knowing that...they should have NEVER let me and my brother and sister NAME them and become attached to them.

When they tried to kill the first one, we rose such a ruckus that they backed off....those 3 little goats lived a long happy life. I was married with a kid before the last one finally died of old age.

Needless to say, my parents have always bought their meat pre-processed since then!!!:D :D

injuredinmelee
10-21-2009, 11:28 AM
I told Megan, name it pork chop or something like that so you dont get attached. (pssst ham for dinner tonight)

Ranger Mom
10-21-2009, 11:43 AM
I told Megan, name it pork chop or something like that so you dont get attached. (pssst ham for dinner tonight)

LOL

My brother named his new kitten "Road Kill" because he knows he's going to get ran over.

TheDOCTORdre
10-21-2009, 12:01 PM

a place to unload all this d@!* pork.

my belly is a place to unload some pork

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-21-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
my belly is a place to unload some pork

That's what she said.

TheDOCTORdre
10-21-2009, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
That's what she said.
nice

Farmersfan
10-21-2009, 03:15 PM
My dog wouldn't eat turnip greens! At least he wouldn't for the first two weeks!