PDA

View Full Version : Region II Week 8 GotW: Pittsburg (6-1) vs. Liberty-Eylau (4-3)

charlesrixey
10-21-2009, 06:51 AM
This game will probably decide the district title in 16-3A

Pittsburg is flying under the radar a bit but should give Eylau everything they want and more

TLE is #3 in Region II and Pittsburg is #5

LE Dad
10-21-2009, 08:06 AM
:clap: :clap: This one is what Friday night is all about. Pitt brings a 1000 yd rusher and a good QB/rec combination into this game. All reports have them having a good sized line and I know they have a tremendous strength program. LE has 6 backs combining for 1900 yds thus far this season. We also have speed at receiver, 23 receptions with 8 going to the house thus far. LE thus far has avoided interceptions throwing only 1 all year.
If LE shuts down Pitts run game it will be a long night for the Pirates. If Pitt is able to run it will be anyones game. Quite frankly if LE comes out and utilizes all of its offensive weapons, they are capable of putting 50+ on the board this game. :cool:

:D Leopards by 10 :clap: :clap:

LE Dad
10-21-2009, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
This game will probably decide the district title in 16-3A Pitt has a little more riding on this game than LE. They still have Pleasant Grove to close out the year and a loss here and to PG could affect their playoff seeding. LE is D1 and with only
New Boston and Atlanta remaining their playoff appearence is very probable. I hope the team(LE) comes out with the intensity that they have shown the past 3 weeks and close the Pirates early.

:cool:

LE Dad
10-21-2009, 12:07 PM
:D Wow, I will be glad when playoffs get here!!! Get ready it is gonna be fun>>>> :p

LE Dad
10-21-2009, 08:08 PM
:dispntd: Is it Friday yet:confused:

navscanmaster
10-21-2009, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
:dispntd: Is it Friday yet:confused:

It looks like you are the only poster from either school! Is it lonely over here?:D :D

Good luck to your Leopards, I remember a good game, in 2004 I believe, at Tyler Rose Stadium. Navasota vs. TLE, and Navasota won a hell of a game 17-14.

LE Dad
10-21-2009, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
It looks like you are the only poster from either school! Is it lonely over here?:D :D

Good luck to your Leopards, I remember a good game, in 2004 I believe, at Tyler Rose Stadium. Navasota vs. TLE, and Navasota won a hell of a game 17-14. There are a couple of other Leopard posters that appear from time to time. I don't think there are any other D16 posters.
I missed the Navasota game but was all set for the rematch until Rita hit. Heard it was a great game. Maybe we will meet down the road again some day. :D

LE Dad
10-22-2009, 01:46 PM
Thank God for artificial turf:clap: :clap: It is pouring down rain....AGAIN:doh:

:eek: :eek:

waterboy
10-22-2009, 04:20 PM
Hey LE Dad! I can "pretend" to be a Pittsburg Pirate fan if you like!:D

WE gonna donkey-stomp dem little Leopards! They ain't seen nothing like the Pirates yet. Aaarrrrrggh! Y'all comin' to our house to take yo whooping!:kiss: Pittsburg by 3 TDs!:devil:

How's that?;)

Powwow
10-22-2009, 04:47 PM
The Leopards can win if they play anything like they have the last 3 games (Paris, PG, Mt. Vernon). They have allowed only 14 points in their two district games and have scored 74 points (plus a shutout). If they win against Pitt will they be in the playoffs even if they lose to NB and ATL? The Leopards have shot them selves in the foot during each of the three games that they lost (the were actually leading Gilmer and Mt. Pleasant at the half) but started getting stupid penalties and losing the ball I am glad that they are finally realizing their potential. If LE sweeps their district games THEY WILL BE A BIG PROBLEM FOR TEAMS IN THE PLAYOFFS I PROMISE. KALE!!!!

LE Dad
10-22-2009, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Hey LE Dad! I can "pretend" to be a Pittsburg Pirate fan if you like!:D

WE gonna donkey-stomp dem little Leopards! They ain't seen nothing like the Pirates yet. Aaarrrrrggh! Y'all comin' to our house to take yo whooping!:kiss: Pittsburg by 3 TDs!:devil:

How's that?;) :doh: :doh: :doh:Part Gilmer part Pitt :thinking: It must be a Buckeye Pirate LOL :evillol:

LE Dad
10-22-2009, 10:16 PM
This time tomorrow will be the drive home time. Hopefully we will be discussing a Leopard victory. I know if both teams play well that LE will prevail.:D

LE Dad
10-23-2009, 08:30 AM
This is going to be a great game. Pitt has put up some impressive #s on offense but LE has put up some impressive #s on defense and offense against much stronger competition. This was a 1 point Pitt win last year when LE was struggling on offense. This year the offense is clicking. This is by far the coldest weather either team has played in so far. It will be important to get the kids adjusted. Error free game goes to LE.

:)

waterboy
10-23-2009, 11:33 AM
:doh: :doh: :doh:Part Gilmer part Pitt :thinking: It must be a Buckeye Pirate LOL :evillol:
This is "pretend", not reality, silly!:p

BTW, I hope the Leopards are READY! Pittsburg has been playing some good ball this year. They are also tough to beat at their house. The Leopards need to be able to NOT turn the ball over, control the line of scrimmage on BOTH sides of the ball, and not have any of those silly penalties (shoot themselves in the foot). If they do all of this, they should win. The Pirates have some serious speed burners, too. The defense has to slow down Burns and the Pirate running game for the Leopards to win. Good luck!:D

KALE!

LE Dad
10-23-2009, 11:54 AM
This is "pretend", not reality, silly!:p

BTW, I hope the Leopards are READY! Pittsburg has been playing some good ball this year. They are also tough to beat at their house. The Leopards need to be able to NOT turn the ball over, control the line of scrimmage on BOTH sides of the ball, and not have any of those silly penalties (shoot themselves in the foot). If they do all of this, they should win. The Pirates have some serious speed burners, too. The defense has to slow down Burns and the Pirate running game for the Leopards to win. Good luck!:D

KALE! Slow down is right, that Burns kid is tuff. If we play smart we will win. The past 3 weeks the starters have played almost turnover free. I hope that trend continues. :clap: :clap:

Hope the Buckeyes have a good game tonight:D

waterboy
10-23-2009, 12:03 PM
Hope the Buckeyes have a good game tonight:D
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing003.gif http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing003.gif We will......http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/fighting/fighting0029.gif http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/fighting/fighting0002.gif Somehow, I think we'll be alright.:thinking:

:D

Good luck to the Leopards, tonight!:clap:

LE Dad
10-23-2009, 12:18 PM
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing003.gif http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing003.gif We will......http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/fighting/fighting0029.gif http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/fighting/fighting0002.gif Somehow, I think we'll be alright.:thinking:

:D

Good luck to the Leopards, tonight!:clap: Lol , yeah I think so too :thinking:

lulu
10-23-2009, 05:05 PM
Lol , yeah I think so too :thinking: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

lulu
10-23-2009, 05:07 PM
Good luck LED....it is hard on here when we have to talk to ourselves. We'll just talk to each other,,,,,and anyone else who wants to join in.:cool:

LE Dad
10-23-2009, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by lulu
Good luck LED....it is hard on here when we have to talk to ourselves. We'll just talk to each other,,,,,and anyone else who wants to join in.:cool: :thumbsup:Good luck tonight LULU. It looks like ya'll have a pretty good RB down there. He is like 9+ yds a carry. :thinking:That might come in handy tonight. :D