PDA

View Full Version : Bryan Rudder Vs. Cameron Yoe

Yoe_09
10-20-2009, 10:22 PM
After an absolutely terrible loss against Madisonville I would hope the Yoemen would come out at home and play a good game. We have been making some questionable decisions and some bone head plays have been made.

Thoughts.

cntdwn
10-20-2009, 10:24 PM
More like Cameron lost a game... and Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Coach BS
10-20-2009, 11:44 PM
Cameron probably will and should win this one, But the next 2 no chance they will end up 2-4 in dist. The yoe must be disappointed barely missed the playoffs last year by 1 point, all the skill positions returning, hiring of a new coach thats gonna turn it all around and like I said will end up 2-4 in dist, at best. I don't know the problem, I really thought they would be much better than this

Yoe_09
10-21-2009, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Coach BS
Cameron probably will and should win this one, But the next 2 no chance they will end up 2-4 in dist. The yoe must be disappointed barely missed the playoffs last year by 1 point, all the skill positions returning, hiring of a new coach thats gonna turn it all around and like I said will end up 2-4 in dist, at best. I don't know the problem, I really thought they would be much better than this . You and me both.

Johnny Utah
10-21-2009, 01:53 PM
Tough district. Many teams that are undefeated, or only with 1 loss could be exactly the opposite with only 1 win or none. That is how it is.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-21-2009, 03:07 PM
rudder's qb is good!

Yoe_09
10-21-2009, 05:49 PM
The yoe should win this game at home. This season is not going the way we want it at all but we have to atleast win this one. It is at home but we wont be as high as we normally would be. I say the Yoe will win by 17.

tigerfan09
10-21-2009, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
The yoe should win this game at home. This season is not going the way we want it at all but we have to atleast win this one. It is at home but we wont be as high as we normally would be. I say the Yoe will win by 17.

If Cameron Yoe is handed a loss by Bryan Rudder on Friday night, the Cameron Yoe coaching staff will be hiding out over the weekend...

Yoe_09
10-21-2009, 06:45 PM
no..they will just have a for sell sign in front of their house.

yoe64
10-21-2009, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by tigerfan09
If Cameron Yoe is handed a loss by Bryan Rudder on Friday night, the Cameron Yoe coaching staff will be hiding out over the weekend...

I already know of atleast one coach that will be leaving after this school year.

navscanmaster
10-21-2009, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by tigerfan09

Bryan Rudder is nothing to shake your head about. They are much improved from last year, and even without a senior class, are very disciplined and play hard to the finish. They have a very big offensive line, a smart quarterback, but the big piece of the puzzle they are missing is team speed. Outside of a couple of backs, they are rather slow. They are good at defending the pass, so Cameron will have to run the ball well if they want to win this game. I think Cameron wins anyhow, but don't be surprised or embarrassed if Rudder gets the upset.

yoe64
10-21-2009, 06:54 PM
I definitely won't be surprised, but the yoe are definitely out for revenge after losing to madisonville.

Yoe_09
10-21-2009, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Bryan Rudder is nothing to shake your head about. They are much improved from last year, and even without a senior class, are very disciplined and play hard to the finish. They have a very big offensive line, a smart quarterback, but the big piece of the puzzle they are missing is team speed. Outside of a couple of backs, they are rather slow. They are good at defending the pass, so Cameron will have to run the ball well if they want to win this game. I think Cameron wins anyhow, but don't be surprised or embarrassed if Rudder gets the upset. \

If we make decisions like we did against Madisonville we might lose. All we have to do is make good decisions and not play dumb and we should win.

87 TIGER
10-21-2009, 11:38 PM
I'm just shocked that the vote is 11-9 Rudder.:eek:

RanchRadio
10-21-2009, 11:44 PM
11-10 now :)

OldBison75
10-22-2009, 08:16 AM
The key for Cameron will be to jump out to an early lead. The young men at Rudder are really talented and thier only fault is thier youth. If they get a little confidence by jumping out to an early lead, they will be hard to beat. They have good athletes and the ability to make a little positive emotion work in thier favor.

Cameron better be ready, if they are a little flat, Rudder will make them look bad.

Johnny Utah
10-22-2009, 10:22 AM
Is Cameron as talented as in years past?? I now know why Coach Sapp is gray headed. Tough tough place to coach. I understand expectations, but it could just be that Cameron is not as talented as the rest of the district. True or False?

navscanmaster
10-22-2009, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Is Cameron as talented as in years past?? I now know why Coach Sapp is gray headed. Tough tough place to coach. I understand expectations, but it could just be that Cameron is not as talented as the rest of the district. True or False?

Well, you could use the argument that they are playing in a district where three of the other six schools have double their enrollment, so those schools have an advantage. Problem, outside of Navasota, Rudder and Taylor are both in the district cellar. So enrollment is not the argument, as Caldwell and Rockdale, both only +100 over Cameron, are at the top of the district. Cameron has three good athletes starring in their skill positions, but are not blowing anybody away like they should. Is it coaching? Is it size up front? I don't know, but you can throw out talent and school size as factors in their play this year. Maybe 2A will allow them to return to dominance next year. BTW, I looked it up, and my Rattlers are 4-18 all time against Cameron, with two of those wins playoff wins. That tells me that in a battle of traditionally talent rich schools, Cameron has overwhelmingly come out on top.

Johnny Utah
10-22-2009, 11:33 AM
Interesting.

Yoe_09
10-22-2009, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Well, you could use the argument that they are playing in a district where three of the other six schools have double their enrollment, so those schools have an advantage. Problem, outside of Navasota, Rudder and Taylor are both in the district cellar. So enrollment is not the argument, as Caldwell and Rockdale, both only +100 over Cameron, are at the top of the district. Cameron has three good athletes starring in their skill positions, but are not blowing anybody away like they should. Is it coaching? Is it size up front? I don't know, but you can throw out talent and school size as factors in their play this year. Maybe 2A will allow them to return to dominance next year. BTW, I looked it up, and my Rattlers are 4-18 all time against Cameron, with two of those wins playoff wins. That tells me that in a battle of traditionally talent rich schools, Cameron has overwhelmingly come out on top.

I think it has a little bit to do with everyting right now. Our line are not very big and havent been able to do a whole lot. I honestly think that is our biggest problem. Our O line isnt letting us run like we need to and our d-line is getting ran all over. I really think we can reload next year and hopefully have some size up front that will alow us to do some thins a little better than this year. As for the skill positions, we will have a pretty good speed running back next year that is kind of similar to Wells this year. The biggest questions next year will be our QB situation. Man are saying it will be the coaches son but it could also be Ty or our current JV Qb.

RanchRadio
10-22-2009, 12:49 PM

were talented in skill positions, but IMO the reason we are doing so poorly this year and I said this before the season started we have no offensive line. The starting line last year for the Yoemen graduated. Their all very very young.

This is the reason IMO for the Yoemen's losing season.

Yoe_09
10-22-2009, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by RanchRadio
were talented in skill positions, but IMO the reason we are doing so poorly this year and I said this before the season started we have no offensive line. The starting line last year for the Yoemen graduated. Their all very very young.

This is the reason IMO for the Yoemen's losing season.

That true, the senior class last year did have a pretty good offensive line. We were able to get more time and effectively run the ball. This year it is not the case.

RanchRadio
10-22-2009, 12:53 PM
thats an understatment, Townsend had all day to throw the ball. He didn't get sacked until navasota.

Yoe_09
10-22-2009, 12:57 PM
He has had to scramble a whole lot this year. He is a scrambline QB but he has been getting quite a bit of pressure.

RanchRadio
10-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Yeah, and I think that's part of the reason he's thrown so many INT'S

Yoe_09
10-22-2009, 01:00 PM
Yeah, and I think that's part of the reason he's thrown so many INT'S

Correct, he has made some really poor decisons this year. Maybe he needs to find a way to get Townsend the ball more often...instead of the hail mary right before half.

RanchRadio
10-22-2009, 01:02 PM
that would help, but I really don't think that townsend is the problem. It all starts in the linemen, and went they can't get any push, your not gonna go anywhere.

Yoe_09
10-22-2009, 01:05 PM
that would help, but I really don't think that townsend is the problem. It all starts in the linemen, and went they can't get any push, your not gonna go anywhere.

no doubt, that is our biggest problem(s). We really cant run the effectively this year because we arent getting the push. And teams that run the smash mouth running plays usually kill our defense.

Johnny Utah
10-22-2009, 01:09 PM
Great offensive and defensive lines usually result in great things. Good luck to the Yoe.

RanchRadio
10-22-2009, 01:10 PM
exactly. I mean half the o-line, was pulled off the defensive line, and not many of them actually wanted to play offensive line. When you figure in no experience, then if there's no desire, your not gonna get anything.

Yoe_09
10-22-2009, 01:11 PM
exactly. I mean half the o-line, was pulled off the defensive line, and not many of them actually wanted to play offensive line. When you figure in no experience, then if there's no desire, your not gonna get anything.

It is true that one or our lineman went to Taylor right?

RanchRadio
10-22-2009, 01:12 PM
Yeah lopez. often known as "bay-bay"

Yoe_09
10-22-2009, 01:15 PM

o yeah. Why?

Old Tiger
10-22-2009, 01:16 PM
o yeah. Why? Cause he's the youngest of all his brothers and sister and they call him that.

Yoe_09
10-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Cause he's the youngest of all his brothers and sister and they call him that.

no i know that. I want to know why he left for Taylor?

RanchRadio
10-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Cause he's the youngest of all his brothers and sister and they call him that.

LOL tiger, he was asking why he went to Taylor.

It was Personal Josh

Johnny Utah
10-22-2009, 01:20 PM
The Ducks staying 3a???

Yoe_09
10-22-2009, 01:20 PM
LOL tiger, he was asking why he went to Taylor.

It was Personal Josh

O wow.

RanchRadio
10-22-2009, 01:21 PM
The Ducks staying 3a???

Not sure, don't really know their enrollment number.

Old Tiger
10-22-2009, 01:21 PM
I should read threads from the beginning and not the end lol. BayBay isn't in Cameron anymore?

RanchRadio
10-22-2009, 01:22 PM
no moved to taylor

Yoe_09
10-22-2009, 01:22 PM
I should read threads from the beginning and not the end lol. BayBay isn't in Cameron anymore?

nope, gone to Taylor.

Global Swarming
10-22-2009, 01:26 PM

Well, from now on he'll be known as bye bye lol.

Yoe_09
10-22-2009, 01:27 PM
funny. Time to got to sonic and see if they can get my order right for once..

RanchRadio
10-22-2009, 01:27 PM
good luck with that

baseballfan
10-22-2009, 01:33 PM
Does anyone think Cameron has had a good defensive scheme this year? I have heard there were problems. Are they giving up a lot of points?

RanchRadio
10-22-2009, 01:35 PM
Not real sure, i haven't been to a game, just listened. But if its the same as last year, a lot of youth in the secondary. And I don't think we have the linebackers you need for a 3-4 scheme

baseballfan
10-22-2009, 01:40 PM
I heard they were giving up alot more points this year. Do they have the same defensive coach from last year?

I was thinking the secondary was young last year to.

Yoe_09
10-22-2009, 01:43 PM
back..and they got it right... No the defensive coach this year is Billy Anderson. Teams that run, run, and run are usually very effective agsint us.

RanchRadio
10-22-2009, 01:43 PM
it was. and yes brand new DC, which also may be the case too.

Yoe_09
10-22-2009, 01:45 PM
it was. and yes brand new DC, which also may be the case too.
we really dont have the linebackers to be running this kind of defense. Ty has been doing a pretty good job but we really havent stopped any yet this year.

RanchRadio
10-22-2009, 01:46 PM
yeah that was the case last year, and i already said that.

cameron91
10-22-2009, 01:48 PM
being a former OYE linemen.I find it hard to put the blame on them. But then again it does start all up front.

Could it be the scheme , they're running that makes it harder for a young line to block.

What happen to running north and south, now everyone wants to run east and west to pick up yards.

Here my reason why I can't put the blame on the O-LINE. My SR of high school , this was the size of our O-LINE.We only had 1 returnin starter off a team that went 10-1 the year before.

RT- 6"3 210 and 5"10 190 (jrs)
RG - 5'7 170 ( only returning starter)
C -5-7 170 (sr)
LG 5-7 170(sr /me)
LT 6"3 210 (jr)

this is small by all means , but we rushed for almost 300- 400 yrds per game.but we ran from the POWER I.

the only game we didn't crack 300 yards was against elgin.

sometimes THE SCHEME doesn't fit your team

baseballfan
10-22-2009, 01:49 PM
So they have a young secondary that was there last year and that is getting run over by the run game.

Sounds like there are some problems.

Yoe_09
10-22-2009, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by cameron91
being a former OYE linemen.I find it hard to put the blame on them. But then again it does start all up front.

Could it be the scheme , they're running that makes it harder for a young line to block.

What happen to running north and south, now everyone wants to run east and west to pick up yards.

Here my reason why I can't put the blame on the O-LINE. My SR of high school , this was the size of our O-LINE.We only had 1 returnin starter off a team that went 10-1 the year before.

C -5-7 170 (sr)
LG 5-7 170(sr /me)
LT 6"3 210 (jr)

this is small by all means , but we rushed for almost 300- 400 yrds per game.but we ran from the POWER I.

that could be true as well. Perfect example... we were playing Rockdale and they were running the spread at first. We actaully stopped that pretty well, but when they lined up and ran the ball play after play after play we could not do anything.

baseballfan
10-22-2009, 01:58 PM
yeah that was the case last year, and i already said that.

I was agreeing with you not anything else. Chill dog

RanchRadio
10-22-2009, 01:59 PM

C -5-7 170 (sr)
LG 5-7 170(sr /me)
LT 6"3 210 (jr)

I also, former Yoe linemen and still can find it easy to blame the O-line.
We have no returning starters, probably 2 out of the 5 actually had the DESIRE play offensive line. But we are also not a running team anymore. We are a spread-it-out, as much as we'd hate to admit it. But we can't throw the ball if there's no pass protection.

cameron91
10-22-2009, 02:24 PM
how , bad does this coaching staff really want to win. I hear yall talking about a young secondary .If this is the case , then I don't they have more 2-way starters.

I mean what wrong with putting wells back at FS , FREEMAN at CB , Townsend at the other CB. How bad do they really want to win.

Hell , in our days we all played both ways. no matter what position you played.

Yoe_09
10-22-2009, 02:26 PM
I really dont think its really the secondary that is killing us. When a team runs like 15 plays (all runs) and just drives it down your throat, you have a problem.

RanchRadio
10-22-2009, 02:30 PM
how , bad does this coaching staff really want to win. I hear yall talking about a young secondary .If this is the case , then I don't they have more 2-way starters.

I mean what wrong with putting wells back at FS , FREEMAN at CB , Townsend at the other CB. How bad do they really want to win.

Hell , in our days we all played both ways. no matter what position you played.

I know, it was part of Mullins' scheme. He was all about that 2 platoon stuff. I personally didn't care for it. I've been saying for 4 years we need to start playing both ways.

When Rhoades came in he said everyone was gonna play both sides of the ball, but putting a new system in is a process. Be patient.

Yoe_09
10-22-2009, 02:33 PM
I know, it was part of Mullins' scheme. He was all about that 2 platoon stuff. I personally didn't care for it. I've been saying for 4 years we need to start playing both ways.

When Rhoades came in he said everyone was gonna play both sides of the ball, but putting a new system in is a process. Be patient.

Yeah, he is going to need to get a little time with this new system. Hopefully next year he can get things straight and start winning some big games.

RanchRadio
10-22-2009, 02:36 PM
agreed

Yoe_09
10-22-2009, 02:37 PM
agreed

who do you think will be the QB next year?

baseballfan
10-22-2009, 02:48 PM
who do you think will be the QB next year?

Hopefully for Cameron it will be the best QB. Knowing Cameron Daddy Ball want go over well.

Do any other coaches have boys playing Football?

Yoe_09
10-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by baseballfan
Hopefully for Cameron it will be the best QB. Knowing Cameron Daddy Ball want go over well.

good question...the coaches son is the back-up QB and a pretty good WR. I personally like him there but he will probably be QB.

Coach BS
10-22-2009, 04:40 PM
Yeah lopez. often known as "bay-bay" Wow , he was the best defensive player yall had.

Yoe_09
10-22-2009, 04:44 PM
Wow , he was the best defensive player yall had.

we havent really stopped anything all year.

Coach BS
10-22-2009, 04:46 PM
I also, former Yoe linemen and still can find it easy to blame the O-line.
We have no returning starters, probably 2 out of the 5 actually had the DESIRE play offensive line. But we are also not a running team anymore. We are a spread-it-out, as much as we'd hate to admit it. But we can't throw the ball if there's no pass protection. I think Rockdale diddnt return any starting O-line from last year either. Diaz might have started last year I can't remember. This years line is 1 sr,3 jr,1 soph I think. What I'm saying, well I dont think the O-line is the problem. I think Cameron will be better without the seniors, alot of attitudes. just my opinion

Yoe_09
10-22-2009, 05:02 PM
We just need to be better next year... if it has to be a coaching adjustment, attitudes, or size, we just need to win.

martwayne
10-22-2009, 07:51 PM
sorry cameron i think rudder get first district win in school history just a gut feeling

yoe 20
rangers 21

sicem74
10-22-2009, 08:07 PM
well...I think when we went both ways in 04-06 that we was talented in every posistion and won 30 games lost 8 in 3 year but Derek Evans did play both ways and just him.Now it seems that things are different i see.

Yoe_09
10-22-2009, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
well...I think when we went both ways in 04-06 that we was talented in every posistion and won 30 games lost 8 in 3 year but Derek Evans did play both ways and just him.Now it seems that things are different i see.

We are supposed to be playing both ways now i thought. Since we got rid of Mullins I would hope we could do more of that and get our athletes on the field. We could use another Derek Evans.

sicem74
10-22-2009, 08:28 PM
I gotta feeling that Cameron will come back to it's winning days, just need time for the new coach.I just don't know about that 3-4 though

RanchRadio
10-22-2009, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by baseballfan

Yes the DC has one, Tre Anderson, and a younger one i believe who is freshman.

RanchRadio
10-22-2009, 08:59 PM
I think Rockdale diddnt return any starting O-line from last year either. Diaz might have started last year I can't remember. This years line is 1 sr,3 jr,1 soph I think. What I'm saying, well I dont think the O-line is the problem. I think Cameron will be better without the seniors, alot of attitudes. just my opinion

Idk offensively what could be wrong, its just always been one of the things you need to put together a winning football team. and rockdale returned atleast one I know of, Schnerr.

Yoefan11
10-23-2009, 01:35 PM
We just need to be better next year... if it has to be a coaching adjustment, attitudes, or size, we just need to win.

Ok seriously? Coaching adjustment? This is his first year, he didn't even get a full spring in with these kids. Didn't Mullins go 1-9 his first year? And he was actually on the staff the year before! So coaching adjustment, no. I haven't seen a Yoe team this together attitude wise since 05-06 season when they had the great senior leadership from the class of 06. I think its just a matter of bad decisions in the worst possible times on offense (player wise not coaching) and a lack of size on the defensive side of the ball. Big Yoe is anything but BIG this year, but that doesn't account for their heart. Only in the Rockdale game did I see a lack of heart, an that was only in the second half which is somewhat understandable. I mean it was an emotionally charged game and Cameron D came out and Rockdale just pounded them into submission, its hard to feel anything but defeat at that point....

I think Rhoades is on the right track with the program, and I like what hes brought to the team, give him time.

Yoefan11
10-23-2009, 01:36 PM
Oh..and Cameron WILL win this week. I'm not expecting a Blow out, but Cameron will win by at least 2 scores...

LETS GET IT YOE!

Yoe_09
10-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Yoefan11
Ok seriously? Coaching adjustment? This is his first year, he didn't even get a full spring in with these kids. Didn't Mullins go 1-9 his first year? And he was actually on the staff the year before! So coaching adjustment, no. I haven't seen a Yoe team this together attitude wise since 05-06 season when they had the great senior leadership from the class of 06. I think its just a matter of bad decisions in the worst possible times on offense (player wise not coaching) and a lack of size on the defensive side of the ball. Big Yoe is anything but BIG this year, but that doesn't account for their heart. Only in the Rockdale game did I see a lack of heart, an that was only in the second half which is somewhat understandable. I mean it was an emotionally charged game and Cameron D came out and Rockdale just pounded them into submission, its hard to feel anything but defeat at that point....

I think Rhoades is on the right track with the program, and I like what hes brought to the team, give him time.

That basically what im saying when I say "coaching adjustment". Im talking about giving him another year to get things straight and hopefully reload. I dont think that heart really is the problem. When it comes to attitude, I was just responding to another post earlier in this thread that was talking about it. The biggest problem comes down to coahing getting settled in and our lines getting more experienced and start playing some better defense.

Coach BS
10-23-2009, 03:41 PM
Idk offensively what could be wrong, its just always been one of the things you need to put together a winning football team. and rockdale returned atleast one I know of, Schnerr. Schneer was not a starter last year he was Logan Davids backup. Logan went both ways so when he got tired or the coaches wanted to rest him Schnerr took his spot. Yes he did play , but mostly in the second half.He should have started but he did not

87 TIGER
10-23-2009, 04:07 PM
Cameron wins at home by 14

yoe64
10-23-2009, 04:16 PM
Schneer was not a starter last year he was Logan Davids backup. Logan went both ways so when he got tired or the coaches wanted to rest him Schnerr took his spot. Yes he did play , but mostly in the second half.He should have started but he did not

Oh well the film I saw from last year he was in at RT every play