PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about the demise of Liberty Hill

cntdwn
10-20-2009, 10:19 PM
whadayasay? ...... or better yet, partisan censorship

IHStangFan
10-20-2009, 10:22 PM
Everyone has their ups and downs. It's the way it goes. Simple as that. We can safely say this is a "down" year for LH.

OldBison75
10-20-2009, 10:24 PM
LET'S NOT AND JUST SAY WE DID.

cntdwn
10-20-2009, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
LET'S NOT AND JUST SAY WE DID.

nah.... let's

Sweetwater Red
10-20-2009, 10:26 PM
Exactly IHS and glad to have the cowbell player back.

orange machine
10-20-2009, 10:26 PM
what was LH like before they made there run over the last 3 years?

44INAROW
10-20-2009, 10:33 PM
Well, we could talk about Caldwell's playoff history - but what would we do for the other 59 minutes of the hour?

I haven't done any research, but I'd be willing to bet that Liberty Hill has won more games in the last 4 years than Caldwell has won in the last 10.. I am sure there are alot more stats if I had time to look.

cntdwn
10-20-2009, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Well, we could talk about Caldwell's playoff history - but what would we do for the other 59 minutes of the hour?

or perhaps the number of times Cuero has gone to the title game and ...... CHOKED!

crabman
10-20-2009, 10:34 PM
Everyone has good years and bad. I don't see them with a losing record at the end of the year.

BTW, Cuero's last losing record was in 1992. We were 4-6. Two years later we were in the final against Southlake Carroll. Nothing lasts forever.........unless you're Progresso. That must suck.

Gobbla2001
10-20-2009, 10:36 PM
Well I've thought about it a lot and I've come to an opinion on it...

when LH busted out at the turn of the century they didn't have as much talent, but were running an offense that allowed them to outscore other teams...

come 2004, they had a decent defense and the offense was known to those players like the back of one of their hands... but wasn't known to the teams they were playing...

Come '05 is was pretty much the same way as '04...

then in '06 the talent caught up... the offensive-scheme was recognized more by other teams, but now you were getting blown off the ball and the defense was making more stops...

same in '07 and most of '08...

now a lot of the talent has exited, the offense (or forms of it) has started to pop up with other teams the past couple of years... instead of playing nothing but straight up running teams or 50/50 pass/run teams, you play one or two teams earlier in the year (including scrimmages) that are running some style of that misdirection... by the time your team gets to that less-talented LH team, the coaches and players are a little more prepared than usual to face that offense...

then again, I'm not sure they're still running that offense so I can be way off haha

I will argue with anyone that the LH teams of '06 and '07 could have either won state or been serious contenders WITHOUT that offense they've perfected all decade...

Talent comes and goes... schemes rise and fall... either way it was a hell of a run :clap:

SintonFan
10-20-2009, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by cntdwn
or perhaps the number of times Cuero has gone to the title game and ...... CHOKED!

Huh?
When is the last time Brenham played Liberty Hill?

44INAROW
10-20-2009, 10:37 PM

what happened last time Cuero and Caldwell played?

Maybe we could talk about the times Caldwell's been to the Title game.. No wait - we can't :doh:

TheDOCTORdre
10-20-2009, 10:38 PM
Just in case this thread gets closed...here i am

cntdwn
10-20-2009, 10:38 PM
what happened last time Cuero and Caldwell played?

The one time in history when we had ONE player who still managed 20 points on you?

Gosh , I dunno.

44INAROW
10-20-2009, 10:39 PM
The one time in history when we had ONE player who still managed 20 points on you?

Gosh , I dunno.

that's all you got.. come on...

Gobbla2001
Originally posted by crabman

BTW, Cuero's last losing record was in 1992. suck.

5-6 in '02...

started out 0-4... won the rest minus Gonzales in district and Rice Consolidated first round...

crazy... returned 2-3 starters in '03 off of that 5-6 '02 team and went 9-2 the next year...

cntdwn
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Just in case this thread gets closed...here i am

never fear.... the "moral compass" will rear her head and wave her magic wand to compensate for having less to cheer about this year.

Censoring is cowardly

cntdwn
10-20-2009, 10:40 PM
that's all you got.. come on...

and after the first quarter, the game was a dead heat.

What happened the week after?

Hmmm, could it beeeee PORT ISABEL?

crabman
10-20-2009, 10:41 PM
I figured we were 5-5 in the regular season and I discounted the playoff loss. Technically we ended with a losing a record . Technically..........

LE Dad
10-20-2009, 10:41 PM

I haven't done any research, but I'd be willing to bet that Liberty Hill has won more games in the last 4 years than Caldwell has won in the last 10.. I am sure there are alot more stats if I had time to look. wow!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

cntdwn
10-20-2009, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
wow!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

wrong.

we haven't had a losing season but once the past five years... and that was a lowly 4-5 season because we had to forfeit a game.

Do your homework before making an assumption.

What's more, you can ask 1000 people statewide when LE won state and they'd still say "never". Must suck.

44INAROW
10-20-2009, 10:43 PM

the answer is CALDWELL LOST -

it's been fun, but I have better things to do right now. I will dig up some Caldwell stats tomorrow. Certainly the little bit I've found tonight isn't everything.

cntdwn
10-20-2009, 10:45 PM
the answer is CALDWELL LOST -

and you went into the Port Isabel game all cocky and got left behind before Sealy ANNIHILATED the Tarpons.

Gobbla2001
10-20-2009, 10:46 PM

haha... wait... now this is funny...

someone is here bragging about a LOOOSSSSSSSS??? and since it was a loss, they resort to bragging about the team that beat them losing to a totally different team in a TIE?

I've heard of losers in my day, but I aint never met one... guess it's my unlucky day/night...

orange machine
10-20-2009, 10:47 PM
It sounds like LH is like alot of other teams out there that have a few years where they have some good talented kids and they are in the playoffs for a few years then it just falls off and they go back to where they were before the good run. Not many teams can hang on year after year and make the deep runs. I think you have a very strong coaching staff that is willing to stay there and build a program and make the kids believe in what the coaches are trying to do. You dont have to have the best talent in the workd to be a powerhouse football team, but you do have to have a strong foundation that starts with the coaching staff then down the line with players and community.

cntdwn
10-20-2009, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
haha... wait... now this is funny...

someone is here bragging about a LOOOSSSSSSSS??? and since it was a loss, they resort to bragging about the team that beat them losing to a totally different team in a TIE?

I've heard of losers in my day, but I aint never met one... guess it's my unlucky day/night...

well tell your mouth not to write the check next time

SintonFan
10-20-2009, 10:48 PM
and you went into the Port Isabel game all cocky and got left behind before Sealy ANNIHILATED the Tarpons.

I hate drama:rolleyes:

Gobbla2001
10-20-2009, 10:49 PM

What's more, you can ask 1000 people statewide when LE won state and they'd still say "never"

Okay... now this is making believe this is some sort of joke... like this guy is trying to get under someone's skin, with his "I'm sending a text-message so I don't want to type the full-word" username...

I could tell you when LE won a championship, but something tells me you'd start rambling about how Odessa Permian has just 20 wins in school history...

HEMOTOXIC
10-20-2009, 10:49 PM
I tell you, CNTDWN, you are skating thin ice.:tisk:

cntdwn
10-20-2009, 10:50 PM
No. you people get panties in a wad when someone calls you on the carpet with stats you hoped they wouldn't recall

crabman
10-20-2009, 10:51 PM
I haven't done any research, but I'd be willing to bet that Liberty Hill has won more games in the last 4 years than Caldwell has won in the last 10.. I am sure there are alot more stats if I had time to look.

Close. Liberty Hill has won 51 games in the last four full years while Caldwell had won 57 in the last TEN years.

SintonFan
You see that first this poster wanted to talk about LH but now will talk about Cuero. Don't respond.
It is all about drama...:rolleyes:

Txbroadcaster
wrong.

we haven't had a losing season but once the past five years... and that was a lowly 4-5 season because we had to forfeit a game.

What's more, you can ask 1000 people statewide when LE won state and they'd still say "never". Must suck.

yea LE fans hate their TWO recent titles

44INAROW
No. you people get panties in a wad when someone calls you on the carpet with stats you hoped they wouldn't recall
omg stats - what stats you talking about - excuses is all I've heard

Gobbla2001
well tell your mouth not to write the check next time

what are you talking about... a tied ball-game 15 years ago?

you musta gotten your butt whupped in some bar by a Cuero person once and now you gotta make up for it...

44INAROW
10-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by crabman
Close. Liberty Hill has won 51 games in the last four full years while Caldwell had won 57 in the last TEN years.

dang,, I should have said 9 years :D and this guy is trashing on LH - amazing - totally amazing:rolleyes:

cntdwn
10-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
I tell you, CNTDWN, you are skating thin ice.:tisk:

We won the game we really cared about... and I will NOT take this crap. The audacity of someone to ban me from a simple post to defend my beliefs is unAmerican.

You've enjoyed bashing Caldwell every time they asked for 10 seconds of bragging rights. After this, I really don't care any more.

But remember that karma exists for EVERYone.

BBDE was totally on target about this site when he warned me years ago.

POLITICS!

LE Dad
10-20-2009, 10:53 PM
wrong.

What's more, you can ask 1000 people statewide when LE won state and they'd still say "never". Must suck. :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: YOU ARE....

BORING. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Gobbla2001
10-20-2009, 10:54 PM
well, I was almost sure that "cntdwn" stood for countdown... now I'm sure I shouldn't have added that first O...

loser

44INAROW
10-20-2009, 10:55 PM
well, I was almost sure that "cntdwn" stood for countdown... now I'm sure I shouldn't have added the O...

loser

ROFL GMTA I am signing off - it's been real......... ;)

oh
my apologies to the other fine fans of Caldwell - but this guy deserves anything he gets.

LE Dad
10-20-2009, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
yea LE fans hate their TWO recent titles :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

cntdwn
10-20-2009, 10:56 PM
Since two Division titles were added, nobody even keeps up with both winners.

Farmersville
Liberty Eylau over Mathis ??? HUH?
Prosper
Muleshoe

Nobody will ever remember these. You can thank UIL

Txbroadcaster
10-20-2009, 10:58 PM
Since two Division titles were added, nobody even keeps up with both winners.

Farmersville
Prosper
Muleshoe

Nobody will ever remember these. You can thank UIL

I cannot seem to find the Caldwell Football Titles on UIL site..can u point me in the right direction

Move The Chains
10-20-2009, 10:59 PM

What's more, you can ask 1000 people statewide when LE won state and they'd still say "never". Must suck. I'm known to be quite dumb every now and then..... but LE has won 2, count them, 2 State Championships in the last 10 years or so and 1 as recent as 2006. :thinking:

cntdwn
10-20-2009, 11:02 PM
I cannot seem to find the Caldwell Football Titles on UIL site..can u point me in the right direction

You won't and you know it. Bragging rights are reserved for the rich and famous, those who can hire their own scorekeepers yet blame another school for drenching their football field.

The Caldwell players are told not to read this ... why? Because it would just tear them down as usual.

This site is about nobody but Liberty Hill, Sinton, Cuero, Sealy, Gilmer, Cuero, Celina, Giddings, Cuero, La Grange, Liberty Hill, rinse,lather, repeat.

It's all about some perverse pleasure you people get.

LE Dad
10-20-2009, 11:05 PM
You can thank UIL We do every day. Now go crawl back in your hole, curl up, and cry yourself to sleep.:weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

Move The Chains
You won't and you know it. Bragging rights are reserved for the rich and famous, those who can hire their own scorekeepers yet blame another school for drenching their football field.

The Caldwell players are told not to read this ... why? Because it would just tear them down as usual.

This site is about nobody but Liberty Hill, Sinton, Cuero, Sealy, Gilmer, Cuero, Celina, Giddings, Cuero, La Grange, Liberty Hill, rinse,lather, repeat.

It's all about some perverse pleasure you people get. We can't force fans of other teams to come here. :rolleyes:

How bout D 26.... there's quite a few of us.

I'd say atleast 80% of 3A teams have at least 1 representative on here.

Gobbla2001

you need counseling... and to buy me another keyboard mine is 'drenched'...

cntdwn
10-20-2009, 11:06 PM
We do every day. Now go crawl back in your hole, curl up, and cry yourself to sleep.:weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

From what I hear, Liberty Eylau has a liiiiiittle more money than Mathis.

cntdwn
10-20-2009, 11:07 PM
you need counseling... and to buy me another keyboard mine is 'drenched'...

and you need a green card

Txbroadcaster
10-20-2009, 11:08 PM

So let me get this straight..YOU begin a thread about the demise of LH..U then run down Cuero..Yet you claim others tear down Caldwell?

and seeing as I am NOT a hometown fan of any of the school's you just listed I just have to say HA

Gobbla2001
10-20-2009, 11:09 PM
mods, do we have a "Hall of Crap" here? I've got your first inductee...

my gosh, makes me feel like making-out with Keith7...

God Bless them fine folks from Liberty Hill... have had some fun times sitting on their side at games...

And God bless the other 99.9% of Caldwell fans who have shown nothing but class on this site...

HEMOTOXIC
10-20-2009, 11:10 PM

And God bless the other 99.9% of Caldwell fans who have shown nothing but class on this site...

:ditto:

cntdwn
10-20-2009, 11:10 PM
So let me get this straight..YOU begin a thread about the demise of LH..U then run down Cuero..Yet you claim others tear down Caldwell?

and seeing as I am NOT a hometown fan of any of the school's you just listed I just have to say HA

Reread the thread and you'll see how the subject shifted a half dozen times.. Mainly because everyone internally thinks Caldwell sucks. Then when someone busts them, they pretend they proudly said it externally all along.

Predictable.

cntdwn
10-20-2009, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
:ditto:

Don't even go there, bucko. Your refusal to accept the loss never waivered.

Total humility and lack of confidence equals "class"... just as long as all the underdogs allow the same teams to win and brag and win and brag year after year after year.

I'm not "crying." I'm mad as hell.

Txbroadcaster
10-20-2009, 11:12 PM
Reread the thread and you'll see how the subject shifted a half dozen times.. Mainly because everyone internally thinks Caldwell sucks. Then when someone busts them, they pretend they proudly said it externally all along.

Predictable.

So now you KNOW what people are thinking internally about Caldwell? wow..either u have a complex, or you have special abilities.

I can promise you this..I until this thread have NEVER thought ANYTHING about Caldwell except seeing their scores

LE Dad
10-20-2009, 11:14 PM
You won't and you know it. Bragging rights are reserved for the rich and famous, those who can hire their own scorekeepers yet blame another school for drenching their football field Dude, LE is far from rich!! Money doesn't get you titles. Seen a lot of rich schools drop to us, Gilmer, Tatum and many other not so well to do schools. Success comes from parents, kids, coaches and Admin all being committed to Success.:thinking:

DaHop72
10-20-2009, 11:15 PM
ROFL GMTA I am signing off - it's been real......... ;)

oh
my apologies to the other fine fans of Caldwell - but this guy deserves anything he gets. Yeah, yeah but what would this 44INAROW....... dude...... know anyway.:D :D :D :D

cntdwn
10-20-2009, 11:15 PM
Dude, LE is far from rich!! Money doesn't get you titles. Seen a lot of rich schools drop to us, Gilmer, Tatum and many other not so well to do schools. Success comes from parents, kids, coaches and Admin all being committed to Success.:thinking:

I knew the ex-mayor of Tatum personally.

Tatum is NOT rich.

Txbroadcaster
10-20-2009, 11:16 PM
I knew the ex-mayor of Tatum personally.

Tatum is NOT rich.

Tatum ISD is VERY well off because of mineral rights and the mines. Just ask your friend

cntdwn
10-20-2009, 11:20 PM
Rest assured that once I'm banned ---- and unless you are clone of moderators ---- you WILL get banned, the same holy roller Caldwell fans will continue pumping sunshine even after they lose at least once before the season ends and once again become lose in the abyss of high school football annals after an immediate playoff loss and talk about how "proud" they are of the team and all the disgusting "better luck next years" when we return about five starters total.

Now you can look forward to all sorts of generic posts about pretty mascot uniforms and how we're a force to be reckoned with, blah, blah, blah.

All the doubters win. What else is new?

LE Dad
From what I hear, Liberty Eylau has a liiiiiittle more money than Mathis. I suggest you get your hearing checked. :doh: Do we have more than Aledo, Robinson, or Royse City ?? Dude, we are a very poor district. :eek: :eek: Try again :confused:

sinton66
Don't even go there, bucko. Your refusal to accept the loss never waivered.

Total humility and lack of confidence equals "class"... just as long as all the underdogs allow the same teams to win and brag and win and brag year after year after year.

I'm not "crying." I'm mad as hell.

Hey Sybil! You're reverting back to your old self again. NOT a good thing.

cntdwn
10-20-2009, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Hey Sybil! You're reverting back to your old self again. NOT a good thing.

And you're the same ole' redneck you aspire to be.

Buh bye

SintonFan
10-20-2009, 11:23 PM
I enjoyed the time my bro and I played pool at a bar in Caldwell.:)

cntdwn
10-20-2009, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I enjoyed the time my bro and I played pool at a bar in Caldwell.:)

and no doubt all the women there had peroxide hair and black roots smoking More cigarettes with their flip flops and who farted T-shirts

DaHop72
And you're the same ole' redneck you aspire to be.

Buh bye <<<<<music starts>>>>> And the Von Trapp family start to sing as they retire for the night.:D :D

Gobbla2001
ha... this has been hilarious...

Gobbla2001
10-20-2009, 11:27 PM
and who farted T-shirts

haha wow... that's good stuff...

Maroon87
10-20-2009, 11:27 PM
We won the game we really cared about... and I will NOT take this crap. The audacity of someone to ban me from a simple post to defend my beliefs is unAmerican.

You've enjoyed bashing Caldwell every time they asked for 10 seconds of bragging rights. After this, I really don't care any more.

But remember that karma exists for EVERYone.

BBDE was totally on target about this site when he warned me years ago.

POLITICS!

Is this that Caldwell dude that used to use a different screen name a few years back?:thinking:

Txbroadcaster
10-20-2009, 11:28 PM
and no doubt all the women there had peroxide hair and black roots smoking More cigarettes with their flip flops and who farted T-shirts

dont talk about the women in your family like that how rude :D

sinton66
10-20-2009, 11:29 PM
Buh bye

Works for me.:D

cntdwn
haha wow... that's good stuff...

well remember that now that I'll be banned.

Because you KNOW I will.... LMAO

and like most years, the site dwindles with time.

This is what happens when you constantly berate other people's posts. You get it thrown back at you.

But rest assured, a moderator will never be banned!

Gobbla2001
Originally posted by Maroon87
Is this that Caldwell dude that used to use a different screen name a few years back?:thinking:

I've heard of putting drugs in brownie mix, but Kolache filling? What's the world-uh comin' to....

LE Dad
10-20-2009, 11:30 PM
Hey Sybil! You're reverting back to your old self again. NOT a good thing. Did someones meds run out or something :crazy: :crazy: I think I may need some "happy pills" now.:confused:

:eek: :eek:

SintonFan
10-20-2009, 11:31 PM

No
The lady who took our money and served us beer was very sweet. She fixed the pool table for us when the coin taker malfunctioned. We were there by ourselves about 4 pm on a Sunday.
It was a good time.:)

sinton66
10-20-2009, 11:32 PM
Let's see, that's about 13 times now.

Gobbla2001
10-20-2009, 11:32 PM
well remember that now that I'll be banned.

Because you KNOW I will.... LMAO

and like most years, the site dwindles with time.

This is what happens when you constantly berate other people's posts. You get it thrown back at you.

But rest assured, a moderator will never be banned!

ha, I'm expecting you to start busting out in Star Wars-speak any time now...

"Dwindle in time the site does.... Assured you must rest, banned a moderator will never be"

Maroon87
10-20-2009, 11:33 PM
Let's see, that's about 13 times now.

The definition of insanity is repeating the same behavior and expecting a different result.;)

sinton66
10-20-2009, 11:36 PM
Dude needs professional help. He actually threatened to "beat the crap" out of a 16 yr. old GIRL from PI on here once. Acid personality for sure.

LE Dad
10-20-2009, 11:42 PM
Dude needs professional help. He actually threatened to "beat the crap" out of a 16 yr. old GIRL from PI on here once. Acid personality for sure. I will end my part in this thread the same way I began it.

wow!!

Move The Chains
10-20-2009, 11:59 PM
Who is that guy? I remember someone from Caldwell going ape nuts about a year ago. I can't remember the name though.

and just for the record. I went through Caldwell once. Quite a dumpy town. No offense to people that live there. :kiss:

sinton66
10-21-2009, 12:22 AM
Same dude, same crappy attitude. Been happening for about 7 years now. We just call him "Sybil".

Move The Chains
10-21-2009, 12:26 AM
Wookinpanub?

sinton66
10-21-2009, 12:27 AM
yep, and about 12 others over the years.

Move The Chains
10-21-2009, 12:33 AM
yep, and about 12 others over the years. Lol. 13 names? I thought I had some kinda record? :(

WOS87
10-21-2009, 12:35 AM

Ditto to that LE Dad! WOW!! He left out the most recent team to beat Caldwell by 30 points in the list above by the way (11/21/08 was the date I believe).

And to Move The Chains and screennames! That's NOT a record towards which you should be aspiring!!

pirate4state
10-21-2009, 12:38 AM
never fear.... the "moral compass" will rear her head and wave her magic wand to compensate for having less to cheer about this year.

Censoring is cowardly i haven't finished reading this thread, but i just KNEW you had to be thesame poster that can never keeep his cool & can not stand women mods.

lol you talking about cowardly acts is laughable. i'm sure you're already working on your insulting emails. :rolleyes:

IHStangFan
10-21-2009, 12:56 AM
LOL!!! Instant Classic.

Daddy D 11
10-21-2009, 12:58 AM
Caldwells version of the Slot T sucks:taunt: :D

pirate4state
10-21-2009, 01:14 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

^^^^

perverse pleasure ---- weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :cheerl:

sinton66
10-21-2009, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
Ditto to that LE Dad! WOW!! He left out the most recent team to beat Caldwell by 30 points in the list above by the way (11/21/08 was the date I believe).

And to Move The Chains and screennames! That's NOT a record towards which you should be aspiring!!

He must have a lot of RESPECT for Cuero, mentioned them 3 times in the same rant.

44INAROW
10-21-2009, 08:14 AM
I knew I should have stayed up longer.......... :D
Again - I hope none of the fine folks from Caldwell take offense to anything I said, it wasn't aimed at you :)

Ranger Mom
10-21-2009, 08:31 AM
He loves me.....the last email I got from him he called me a "white trash wh*%e!"

:weeping: :weeping:

ccmom
10-21-2009, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
He loves me.....the last email I got from him he called me a "white trash wh*%e!"

:weeping: :weeping:

I swear he didn't hear that from me, Kellye! ;) :D

Ranger Mom
10-21-2009, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
I swear he didn't hear that from me, Kellye! ;) :D

He and I go WAY back...7 years, in fact.

I didn't care what he thought way back then and I still don't!!:p :p

OldBison75
10-21-2009, 08:45 AM
I'm just heartbroken that he did not add Navasota to the list of towns and teams that are holding Caldwell back from the credit they deserve. After he told me that I was wrong about 20 times the night before, I figured I would make this list too. I guess I'll have to go find a funeral to attend and work up a good tear for being left out.

LE Dad
10-21-2009, 08:46 AM
He should have titled his thread "the demise of cntdwn" :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

fourbeee
10-21-2009, 08:51 AM
I think the guys in the white coats may have got him

OldBison75
10-21-2009, 08:56 AM
Naw, he took his meds and is chiiled for awhile. HE'LL BE BACK!!!!

It would be totally against his entire personality to not try and get in the last word. To use his "politics" , it's like a senator or president that blames everything on the other guy, but after he is through explaining why it is someone elses fault, votes not to change anything or just changes the subject.

shamu85
10-21-2009, 09:01 AM
Beyond all the hypocrisy on this thread.

What is happening at LH? Is the talent really down? I understand their JV's have been winning the past few years also. The district is growing. Other sports have been very competitive over the last few years as well.

I don't buy that nonsense about "learning their scheme and being able to defend it better". The slot-T has been around a long time.

One thing to consider is that they had quite a few exceptional athletes the last few years and now there are only a few that would be considered "exceptional". Don't think it's coaching at all.

I think LH will be back as the district grows.

OldBison75
10-21-2009, 09:06 AM
I agree, the Liberty Hill system is solid and the key to any offense is having the athletes that can make it work. LH has been blessed with a train of great athletes in that system for several years and this year's bunch is just a little down from them. This year the Panthers are feeling the pain of not having the numbers of top players they have had in the past, but a large number of underclassmen are getting playing time and experience. I fully expect that in the next year os two, LH will again be a team to beat in whatever region they get placed in. You can't hold down a program like that for long.

cameron91
10-21-2009, 09:10 AM
:iagree:

but we've been down in Cameron for what 4 years now :(

hope LH bounce back alot sooner then OYE.

shamu85
10-21-2009, 09:12 AM
Someone asked in an ealier post about how good LH was before this run. I know under coach Wasson, they were around a .500 team. I don't think they had made the playoffs for a long time before the recent run.

Of course, back then Cedar Park/Leander wasn't one of the fastest growing areas in the country either. I talked to coach Wasson quite a bit about the program when he was coach and Chase was a sophomore QB. He said he took the job with the understanding that the high school enrollment was expected to grow to around 700 in just a few years. It was just over 500 then. The growth didn't happen as quickly, mainly (IMO) due to the lack of city utilities, particularly sewer. If the city ever figures how to get that done, I expect the growth to skyrocket. My understanding is that it is still all septic now, even within the city.

shamu85
10-21-2009, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by cameron91
:iagree:

but we've been down in Cameron for what 4 years now :(

hope LH bounce back alot sooner then OYE.

Cameron enrollment has also been dropping, LH is growing.

RattlerDude
10-21-2009, 09:24 AM
Maybe we could talk about the times Caldwell's been to the Title game.. No wait - we can't :doh: [/B][/QUOTE]

Lol. Got him good

Bullaholic
10-21-2009, 09:31 AM
Well, dang, looks like I arrived a little too late to be insulted by cntdwn. I'll say this for the fellow---he doesn't appear to have a favorite to hate---he spreads it around to everybody.

One thought on the original title of this thread---Liberty Hill has been 3 times where most of us would like to go for the first time. Stands to reason that any team winning a state title even once and keeping the same coach stands to do it again somewhere along the way. Anybody that thinks Liberty Hill is down for good is just blindly hoping and isn't looking at the facts.

carter08
10-21-2009, 09:45 AM
wow, i'm glad someone else agrees that cuero's overrated.

=P

jk jk jk jk

should have let him stay on a little longer though. thread looked fun. lolz.

lostaussie
10-21-2009, 09:53 AM
:thinking: I'm still trying to figure out how Gilmer fell into the "rich" category. Winning lots of games doesn't make you rich does it???

Move The Chains
10-21-2009, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
:thinking: I'm still trying to figure out how Gilmer fell into the "rich" category. Winning lots of games doesn't make you rich does it??? I think he just did some Caldwell math.

They suck and they're poor... therfor all sucky teams must be poor and if that's true.... then all good teams must be rich.

simple. :devil:

Daddy D 11
10-21-2009, 09:58 AM
Talent runs in cycles.
LH had a great talent run in 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08.

The 04 team was great, losing in the semi's to Jasper.
In 05, injuries killed us and we played Cuero in the 3rd round without our top two backs (Kociuba and Escamilla) arguably the best backs to ever play at LH. Atleast in my opinion.
In 06 and 07, the talent toped off with the help from about 4 crucial move ins.
And then in 08, another injury (#20 Turner) really hurt us and the lose of the O.C. Walker was huge.

Before that, when Wasson was here.. more kids rodeo'd in LH than played football. Vance has a great system and he hit it just at the perfect time. Now, mediocrity is back and we will see how long it takes for another cycle of athletes to come strolling in.

LH_Tuff
10-21-2009, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by shamu85
Someone asked in an ealier post about how good LH was before this run. I know under coach Wasson, they were around a .500 team. I don't think they had made the playoffs for a long time before the recent run.

Of course, back then Cedar Park/Leander wasn't one of the fastest growing areas in the country either. I talked to coach Wasson quite a bit about the program when he was coach and Chase was a sophomore QB. He said he took the job with the understanding that the high school enrollment was expected to grow to around 700 in just a few years. It was just over 500 then. The growth didn't happen as quickly, mainly (IMO) due to the lack of city utilities, particularly sewer. If the city ever figures how to get that done, I expect the growth to skyrocket. My understanding is that it is still all septic now, even within the city.

Sewer is now in within the City Limits and down Hwy. 29. Hey, The new Sonic is almost done. :) You are right though, Waiting on the sewer plant slowed things (infrastructure) down a bit. But, that is now behind us.

Maroon87
10-21-2009, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
Wookinpanub?

I think we have a winner...

Move The Chains
10-21-2009, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I think we have a winner... That guy is a nut case. :eek:

LE Dad
10-21-2009, 10:12 AM
That guy is a nut case. :eek: Yes, definate poster child for Prozac!!:D

Move The Chains
10-21-2009, 10:19 AM
Yes, definate poster child for Prozac!!:D If only you were around to see him when he was at his "best." :eek:

LE Dad
10-21-2009, 10:33 AM
If only you were around to see him when he was at his "best." :eek: Wow, all I know is if I lived in Caldwell, I would find out who this dude was and encourage him to restrict his posting or change his team!!:doh:

He is a total trainwreck:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Move The Chains
10-21-2009, 10:36 AM
Wow, all I know is if I lived in Caldwell, I would find out who this dude was and encourage him to restrict his posting or change his team!!:doh:

He is a total trainwreck:rolleyes: :rolleyes: He called RM a white trash Wh*** via email. :doh:

BILLYFRED0000
10-21-2009, 10:47 AM
I did not read all the posts. But it comes down to talent coaching and system. If the coaches stay the talent can be improved. But the system depends on not being seen often. misdirection works only if you do not expect it and after seeing played more it is being recognized for what it is. A good system with good players and an average system with average players. I think tho that it will remain good because of the number of spread teams. Celina has run into the same problem vis a via the 10-1 scheme. The spread is hard for that scheme to defend and teams are learning that. LH will be back when talent rises at the right positions. The coaching and heart are there. It is very hard to maintain the type of winning over time that they had for a few years. That is one of the things that makes Celina's run more extraordinary. Very difficult to duplicate. Many great programs out there and I consider LH to be one of them.

Ranger Mom
10-21-2009, 10:56 AM
Wow, all I know is if I lived in Caldwell, I would find out who this dude was and encourage him to restrict his posting or change his team!!:doh:

He is a total trainwreck:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

They know who he is....they don't even claim him!!

LE Dad
10-21-2009, 11:13 AM
He called RM a white trash Wh*** via email. :doh: Wow, what a big, brave umm... boy!! Threatens girls and insults ladies:clap: :clap:

Dude gives men a bad name:doh:

I'm no professional but I would say unhappy childhood with definate maternal bonding issues :thinking: :thinking:

back in his hole!! Thanks 66:clap:

Move The Chains
10-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Wow, what a big, brave umm... boy!! Threatens girls and insults ladies:clap: :clap:

Dude gives men a bad name:doh:

I'm no professional but I would say unhappy childhood with definate maternal bonding issues :thinking: :thinking:

back in his hole!! Thanks 66:clap: :clap:

shamu85
10-21-2009, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
But the system depends on not being seen often. misdirection works only if you do not expect it and after seeing played more it is being recognized for what it is. A good system with good players and an average system with average players. I think tho that it will remain good because of the number of spread teams.

I disagree completely with you. Once again, the slot-T has been around for a long time. I don't think the slot-T is based solely on misdirection either. It is definitely an execution dependent offense, just like the 10-1 is for a D. When you have an O-line that can block the D, that system will work beautifully. That is what I think is missing at LH this year. They have had some very good O-linemen the last 5 or 6 years, not big, but good.

Daddy D 11
10-21-2009, 11:36 AM
They have had some very good O-linemen the last 5 or 6 years, not big, but good.

Yeah, most were FB's at the lower levels. Then converted to just animals on the Offensive line. Quick freaking monsters is what they were.

ziggy29
10-21-2009, 11:41 AM
Dang, I always miss the fun stuff.

TheDOCTORdre
10-21-2009, 11:44 AM

I am outraged at this post it is totally untrue, he needed to get a clue...

He forgot about Abilene Wylie, Sweetwater, Snyder and Brownwood:D :D :D ...were the ones who really run the board we just like to let te other folks think they run the show:D

Move The Chains
10-21-2009, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Just in case this thread gets closed...here i am Dre, I lol'd at this post. :clap:

ProudHornetMom
10-21-2009, 12:48 PM
Sigh....

I don't even know what to say.

cameron91
10-21-2009, 02:33 PM
did he also go by the name of "nunya".

he also had it out for Giddings :D

sinton66
10-21-2009, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
Sigh....

I don't even know what to say.

Trust me, you don't need to say anything. He brings it on himself.

sinton66
10-21-2009, 05:27 PM
Let's see how many I can remember.

Caution Orange
herewego
hereandnow
nunya
random hero
wontgoaway(never allowed to post, rommed same day he registered)
XLR8
Go Orange
Hornet Pride
Hungry Hornet
Killer Bee
Laserbeam

There may have been a couple more, but I'd have to go research it.

Move The Chains
10-21-2009, 05:33 PM
Let's see how many I can remember.

Caution Orange
herewego
hereandnow
nunya
random hero
wontgoaway(never allowed to post, rommed same day he registered)
XLR8
Go Orange
Hornet Pride
Hungry Hornet
Killer Bee
Laserbeam

There may have been a couple more, but I'd have to go research it. Wookinpanub!

I have 7.... at least that's how many I remember. :cool: :nerd:

sinton66
10-21-2009, 05:43 PM
Yep, I knew there were 13. Forgot ole wookiepoo.

I think I know what he looks like.
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/5131/horsearse.jpg

;)

navscanmaster
10-21-2009, 06:10 PM
Now we have to wait around and see what name he reappears under. "stophatingonme", "leavecaldwellalone", "nomeetandgreetsforme" are just a few that come to mind.

carter08
10-21-2009, 06:14 PM

I have 7.... at least that's how many I remember. :cool: :nerd:

trying to break Sybil's record there?

ya know who needs to come back to the DL? Mandy. good times.

LE Dad
10-21-2009, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Now we have to wait around and see what name he reappears under. "stophatingonme", "leavecaldwellalone", "nomeetandgreetsforme" are just a few that come to mind. The "real" question is how long will he last ???

:devil:

LH Panther Mom
10-21-2009, 08:56 PM

Hell, we never sniffed .500 when Wasson was here. And no offense intended, but thank goodness he's gone.

Phase I of the sewer is complete, or very close, if I'm not mistaken.

LH Panther Mom
10-21-2009, 09:00 PM
The only other thing I have to add is that I missed all the excitement. :(

SintonFan
10-21-2009, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Yeah, most were FB's at the lower levels. Then converted to just animals on the Offensive line. Quick freaking monsters is what they were.

My son played FB and LB in MS. He's full time LB now on the Freshman team. He played a few plays at DL a month ago and wreaked havoc, allowing his teammates and himself to make several tackles behind the line of scrimmage and sack the other QB. The other teams OL were almost twice his size but couldn't handle his speed and relentless energy. They didn't know what to do.
I always admired what LH did with their OL and how those kids were able to maintain discipline on their blocks. It was fun to watch.:clap: :cool:

95mustang
10-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
Dang, I always miss the fun stuff.

You weren't the only one. :(

Dre, I too am disappointed 2-3A got left out.

44INAROW
10-21-2009, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
The only other thing I have to add is that I missed all the excitement. :(

it was odd that I happen to be on when it occured but I am glad I was - he had been grating on my last nerve all week.

Ranger Mom
10-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Was he PI$$onU too??

shamu85
10-21-2009, 11:19 PM
Hell, we never sniffed .500 when Wasson was here. And no offense intended, but thank goodness he's gone.

Phase I of the sewer is complete, or very close, if I'm not mistaken.

Hal and Sally Wasson are good people.

sinton66
10-22-2009, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Was he PI$$onU too??

YES!!! that's the one I was trying to remember! Thanks, RM. That's the other one that was never allowed to post.

garciap77
10-22-2009, 07:26 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Dave_brockie_experience-diarrhea-1.gif

slpybear the bullfan
10-22-2009, 08:56 AM
"Imma let you finish CNTDWN... Awwight?... but first I gotta say that Sweetwater should notta been left off yo list... ROM? Awwight."

lulu
10-22-2009, 10:22 AM
We can't force fans of other teams to come here. :rolleyes:

How bout D 26.... there's quite a few of us.

I'd say atleast 80% of 3A teams have at least 1 representative on here.

I'm here. Go Spring Hill Panthers.

:D 17 3A

Phantom Stang
10-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
And that right there is why Liberty Hill beat Sweetwater last year IMO. That as well as LH's defensive line and LBs.

Daddy D 11
10-22-2009, 01:15 PM
Hal and Sally Wasson are good people.

Negative.

thepatriot
10-23-2009, 09:39 AM
Liberty Hill has a great program and very good coaches. They are having a down year but the talent will recycle. Get off of their back.

greendawg84
10-23-2009, 09:53 AM
This is true , they may be a little down on talent but it will cycle around... still a good program no matter how you look at it.

wimbo_pro
10-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Methinks the talk of Liberty Hill's death is somewhat premature.

wimbo_pro
10-23-2009, 09:14 PM
Though I would say this....

there isnt a team in our district that has a chance to go all the way in the play offs. No offense to anyone, but after the last 5 years or so, I have seen 3 or 4 eventual state champions...aint seeing it this year. Not even close. If I am proven wrong, then it would be a turn-around of monumental proportions.

Move The Chains
10-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Methinks the talk of Liberty Hill's death is somewhat premature. No, LH isn't that good. Wimberley is just worse tonight.

wimbo_pro
10-23-2009, 09:16 PM
No, LH isn't that good. Wimberley is just worse tonight.

Didnt say LH was that good...just saying they aint dead yet. "A cornered Panther..." usually means bad things.

44INAROW
10-23-2009, 09:19 PM
No, LH isn't that good. Wimberley is just worse tonight.
why do you do that crap? How many games have you seen LH play? Actually - how many games have you seen this year? I know you SAY you're going to this game or that game each week - but you seem to have some excuse for not going. Have you ever heard the old saying 'Don't let your personal feelings interfere with your better judgement"

wimbo_pro
10-23-2009, 09:22 PM
why do you do that crap? How many games have you seen LH play? Actually - how many games have you seen this year? I know you SAY you're going to this game or that game each week - but you seem to have some excuse for not going. Have you ever heard the old saying 'Don't let your personal feelings interfere with your better judgement"

Well said 44. I dont know the history here, but i can say it seemed a bit ...i dunno...angry??

Move The Chains
10-23-2009, 09:22 PM
why do you do that crap? How many games have you seen LH play? Actually - how many games have you seen this year? I know you SAY you're going to this game or that game each week - but you seem to have some excuse for not going. Have you ever heard the old saying 'Don't let your personal feelings interfere with your better judgement" I've been to plenty games. Sometimes I have to change which games I go to. This is the first week I haven't seen a game. :rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2009, 01:16 AM
I've been to plenty games. Sometimes I have to change which games I go to. This is the first week I haven't seen a game. :rolleyes:
And yet you still have zero clue about us. :rolleyes:

Move The Chains
10-24-2009, 01:17 AM
And yet you still have zero clue about us. :rolleyes: Lol. I heard her footsteps coming.

You're right. I forgot. LH is great.

sinton66
10-24-2009, 09:46 AM
Time to put this one to bed.