PDA

View Full Version : Athletic Dept. Funding

Bullaholic
10-20-2009, 01:30 PM
I put this thread up one time before, but I want to ask again.
Is there a limit to an athletic budget if funds are available? Can a 'rich' booster or club provide all of the best equipment they want? Does you school provide cheerleading uniforms?

Know_It_All
10-20-2009, 01:48 PM
Is there a limit no not reallly but when you read the uil manual it sounds like most schools dont follow the guidelines.

check out page 14 and read the Booster Club guidelines

www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/manuals/pdf/parent_information.pdf

GrTigers6
10-20-2009, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Know_It_All
Is there a limit no not reallly but when you read the uil manual it sounds like most schools dont follow the guidelines.

www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/manuals/pdf/parent_information.pdf What rule are you refering to?

Pendragon13
10-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Know_It_All

www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/manuals/pdf/parent_information.pdf After reading that...I see no dollar amount specified. Just like life in general, there won't be parity and equality from school district to school district.

bigwood33
10-20-2009, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I put this thread up one time before, but I want to ask again.
Is there a limit to an athletic budget if funds are available? Can a 'rich' booster or club provide all of the best equipment they want? Does you school provide cheerleading uniforms?

A well heeled booster can donate as much as he/she desires. Also, I don't know if our school pays anything for cheerleader uniforms but I have spent a pretty penny on them for 4 years. They may supplement the cost but not much.