PDA

View Full Version : TCU vs BYU TV Problem

Bullaholic
10-20-2009, 11:53 AM
I'm hearing that the TCU-BYU game is being broadcast on the Versus Network. I've also heard that DirecTV and Versus are in a dispute and DirecTV refuses to broadcast Versus. So what are our TV viewing options for this game in DFW?

Emerson1
10-20-2009, 12:24 PM
Call local restaurants and see what satellite service they have

Red&White_9x5
10-20-2009, 01:13 PM
If you have DirectTV then you are out of luck on the TCU/BYU game. The same problem exsisted a month ago when Texas played at Wyoming and it was on VS. DirectTV and VS are having some dispute so Direct is not airing it.

jason
10-20-2009, 02:00 PM
the versus channel is owned by comcast, and directv (when they had it) paid a fee to comcast for the ability to broadcast the channel...

comcast has since raised the fee to (according to directv) astronomically high prices and directv chose not to take on the additional cost because they did not want to have to pass the cost on to their consumers....

Old Tiger
10-20-2009, 02:01 PM
watch it on justin.tv

Maroon87
10-20-2009, 02:50 PM
I don't know if it's still there, but if you tune to the channel where Versus is supposed to be on DirecTV, there was just a slate with a message telling Versus to go....ummm....pleasure themselves, basically...in a roundabout way.

pirate4state
10-20-2009, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by jason
the versus channel is owned by comcast, and directv (when they had it) paid a fee to comcast for the ability to broadcast the channel...

comcast has since raised the fee to (according to directv) astronomically high prices and directv chose not to take on the additional cost because they did not want to have to pass the cost on to their consumers....

they don't have a problem passing on other fees, what's one more? :rolleyes:

Emerson1
10-20-2009, 03:04 PM