PDA

View Full Version : So much for "No More Politics" on the board..

BreckTxLonghorn
10-20-2009, 09:01 AM
...or at least enforcing of it. If it's gonna be allowed, I saw create another forum just for that. It's at the front of everyone's mind, so accommodate the masses; just leave my recent movie rentals alone!

pirate4state
10-20-2009, 09:05 AM
Make it a paid forum so I don't get tempted to wander in! :D

BreckTxLonghorn
10-20-2009, 09:11 AM
:thumbsup:

Agreed!

turbostud
10-20-2009, 10:05 AM
Just create an "Official Politics Thread." All political topics will be posted in that thread. That way those that want to participate can and those that dont should know better to open the thread.
All political posts and views must stay in that thread.

Move The Chains
10-20-2009, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
Just create an "Official Politics Thread." All political topics will be posted in that thread. That way those that want to participate can and those that dont should know better to open the thread.
All political posts and views must stay in that thread. Or we could just obide by the rules. Although, I think a thread that I started caused this.

It was very informative. :(

TheDOCTORdre
10-20-2009, 11:24 AM
If we have a politics forum, I want one for religion too, I enjoy talking and discussing religion with some of the downlow members

Gobbla2001
10-20-2009, 12:07 PM
oops, didn't even see the memo...

rockdale80
10-20-2009, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
oops, didn't even see the memo...

Me either. Although it needs to go both ways and not only be enforced when it goes against the grain. I think everyone has done a pretty good job of keeping it civil though. ;)

Gobbla2001
10-20-2009, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I think everyone has done a pretty good job of keeping it civil though. ;)

you know I have to agree... politics, government and social discussions get pretty heated naturally, but we did okay...

actually shocked

Farmersfan
10-20-2009, 12:27 PM
I have learned more about all things political on this forum than I ever did by watching TV or reading the paper. I enjoy getting and expressing views about both Politics and Religion. And apparently so do others. Keep it civil and it is an enjoyable experience.

rockdale80
10-20-2009, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I have learned more about all things political on this forum than I ever did by watching TV or reading the paper. I enjoy getting and expressing views about both Politics and Religion. And apparently so do others. Keep it civil and it is an enjoyable experience.

You keep learning and I will keep teaching young padawan.;)

TheDOCTORdre
10-20-2009, 12:42 PM

exactly, the sad thing is there are people who will casually scan the political and religious threads and read what they want to read, get offended, and they are the ones who reprt the threads.

Farmersfan
10-20-2009, 12:44 PM
You keep learning and I will keep teaching young padawan.;)

I knew that was coming as soon as I hit the button!!!!!!

rockdale80
10-20-2009, 02:12 PM
I knew that was coming as soon as I hit the button!!!!!!

:D :D

Move The Chains
10-20-2009, 02:21 PM
I have learned more about all things political on this forum than I ever did by watching TV or reading the paper. I enjoy getting and expressing views about both Politics and Religion. And apparently so do others. Keep it civil and it is an enjoyable experience. And then it gets banned. :hand:

sinton66
10-20-2009, 06:28 PM
It is completely outside of our mission here, so IF, and this is a big if, Politics EVER gets it's own forum on this board, it would definitely be "pay to play", and that payment would NOT be considered a "donation". The idea has been toyed with, but I seriously doubt it would be worth the trouble. None of us would want to moderate it.

rockdale80
10-20-2009, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
It is completely outside of our mission here, so IF, and this is a big if, Politics EVER gets it's own forum on this board, it would definitely be "pay to play", and that payment would NOT be considered a "donation". The idea has been toyed with, but I seriously doubt it would be worth the trouble. None of us would want to moderate it.

Then let it be a free for all. No rules!!!

Anarchy!!!

:D

sinton66
10-20-2009, 07:05 PM
Ain't gonna happen, we'd have to appoint a "special prosecutor".

rockdale80
10-20-2009, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Ain't gonna happen, we'd have to appoint a "special prosecutor".

Honestly I wouldnt pay for it. I would rather donate to the board. Just keep the right wing hacks from posting a shot and then fleeing and you dont have to worry about me starting a thread. ;)

Move The Chains
10-20-2009, 07:13 PM
Then let it be a free for all. No rules!!!

Anarchy!!!

:D Lol. Nice.

JasperDog94
10-20-2009, 08:10 PM
Just keep the right wing hacks from posting a shot and then fleeing and you dont have to worry about me starting a thread. ;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

rockdale80
10-20-2009, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

How many threads have you seen me start involving politics? Exactly...

Now go hide...;)

sinton66
10-20-2009, 09:05 PM
Honestly I wouldnt pay for it.

Neither would anyone else, that's why it wouldn't be worth the trouble.

JasperDog94
10-20-2009, 09:40 PM

Now go hide...;) lame...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

rockdale80
10-20-2009, 09:48 PM
lame...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Awe...didnt mean to hurt your little feelers.

What to do when the sky starts to fall:

Get into a tornado shelter or a basement if possible.

If you can’t get underground, go into an interior room of your home that does not have windows, such as a bathroom or a broom closet.

If you are in a trailer house, get out and find shelter somewhere else.

:kiss: :kiss:

SintonFan
10-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Honestly I wouldnt pay for it. I would rather donate to the board. Just keep the right wing hacks from posting a shot and then fleeing and you dont have to worry about me starting a thread. ;)

I have behaved, especially recently(I can read the unwritten writing on the wall lol)
BUT:
Let me know when you donate, because those on your side rarely do... they want the government to do it for them.:D ;) :p

If that shot gets me banned so be it... it was worth it.:)

JasperDog94
10-20-2009, 09:50 PM
Awe...didnt mean to hurt your little feelers.

What to do when the sky starts to fall:

Get into a tornado shelter or a basement if possible.

If you can’t get underground, go into an interior room of your home that does not have windows, such as a bathroom or a broom closet.

If you are in a trailer house, get out and find shelter somewhere else.

:kiss: :kiss: nonsensical ramblings do nothing to help your cause...but I guess that's what you have to do when facts and history are not on your side...:hand:

rockdale80
10-20-2009, 09:56 PM
nonsensical ramblings do nothing to help your cause...but I guess that's what you have to do when facts and history are not on your side...:hand:

Your opinions are not FACTS. Not today, not tomorrow, and not ever. Sorry pal. If you want to pay my entrance fee to the political forum so I can whip you around and teach you a thing or two let me know. :hand:

SintonFan
10-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Your opinions are not FACTS. Not today, not tomorrow, and not ever. Sorry pal. If you want to pay my entrance fee to the political forum so I can whip you around and teach you a thing or two let me know. :hand:

Smoke and mirrors...

Gobbla2001
10-20-2009, 10:01 PM
why are you guys bickering about such nonsense? while we're sitting here wrapped up in some meaningless dispute, michael moore has downed another three boxes of donuts...

that's not political, that's Hollywood ;)

DDBooger
10-20-2009, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
while we're sitting here wrapped up in some meaningless dispute, michael moore has downed another three boxes of donuts...

that's not political, that's Hollywood ;)
Guess he's on the Rush diet! :D (minus the drugs!)

that's not politics, it's comedy! :D

Old Cardinal
10-20-2009, 10:16 PM
I had not seen Sinton 66s post.

Actually, This 3A DL is a lot more nuterd than years ago LOL

Am I wrong, but is seems that as long as the more liberal views prevail it seems OK; however, other more conservative or middle-of-the-road views, seem to stir up stricter gag orders. LOL

Nevertheless I will try to squelch my views and concerns from your board; even though the welfare of all our children and Grandchildren are on all of our minds this year.

DDBooger
10-20-2009, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I had not seen Sinton 66s post.

Actually, This 3A DL is a lot more nuterd than years ago LOL

Am I wrong, but is seems that as long as the more liberal views prevail it seems OK; however, other more conservative or middle-of-the-road views, seem to stir up stricter gag orders. LOL

Nevertheless I will try to squelch my views and concerns from your board; even though the welfare of all our children and Grandchildren are on all of our minds this year. it's a sports board loser, their are millions of political boards that want to read your rubbish.

99.9% of the threads are right wing attack threads. Anything liberal is a response.

SintonFan
10-20-2009, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
it's a sports board loser, their are millions of political boards that want to read your rubbish.

99.9% of the threads are right wing attack threads. Anything liberal is a response.

Why do you call Old Cardinal a "loser"?
I enjoy his post. That makes you petty.

99.9% of the threads are about Sports. Stop lying.
Anything liberal in your mind is OK but anything else is just wrong, right? I guess you are just a free thinker, rotfl.
Then again, I guess I'm not self-important and "educated above one's intelligence" like you... lol :p

DDBooger
10-20-2009, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Why do you call Old Cardinal a "loser"?
I enjoy his post. That makes you petty.

99.9% of the threads are about Sports. Stop lying.
Anything liberal in your mind is OK but anything else is just wrong, right? I guess you are just a free thinker, rotfl.
Then again, I guess I'm not self-important and "educated above one's intelligence" like you... lol :p
uh oh, someone is feeling insecure again...lol 99.9% are about sports, I guess for some people you have to break out the crayons and paper to diagram for them the context in which a response is intended. lol

Again with the anything liberal non-sense. What threads are started from a liberal perspective? NONE, none of us say anything and demand it be acknowledged lol

I think SintonFan needs a hug :( and please, don't talk petty, your responses to me lately have been about as childish as your thinking! :)

sinton66
10-20-2009, 11:07 PM
Good grief. ENOUGH people!