PDA

View Full Version : Buckeyes/Bulldogs in Div-1?

old dragon
10-19-2009, 10:56 PM
There could be a well talked about rematch between the two even if the buckeyes go D-1.If Rusk and Center make playoffs with Carthage then this could happen.So all you hopeful or pretending to be hopeful for this matchup may still get your wish.Both teams have to take care of immediate business of course.LE would have something to say about this as for the Bucks making it.I hate playing the same team twice in the same year even when you are better than they are first time around.I personally feel the Bucks have that bullseye on LE as well as Carthage this year.:mad:What say ye?

LE Dad
10-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by old dragon
There could be a well talked about rematch between the two even if the buckeyes go D-1.If Rusk and Center make playoffs with Carthage then this could happen.So all you hopeful or pretending to be hopeful for this matchup may still get your wish.Both teams have to take care of immediate business of course.LE would have something to say about this as for the Bucks making it.I hate playing the same team twice in the same year even when you are better than they are first time around.I personally feel the Bucks have that bullseye on LE as well as Carthage this year.:mad:What say ye? Actually it is Wylie that has to worry about us first. :D
Our road will start against Wills Point/ Lovejoy winner, then Prosper and then Wylie. LE/ Gilmer if it happens will be for all the marbles. Of course I want to see that LE/Gilmer matchup one more time.:clap: :clap:

old dragon
10-19-2009, 11:28 PM
Thanks LE dad, LE or Abilene Wylie would be great matchups for all the marbles.Sure hope we make the trip,we met Wylie in semi-final in 07 and lost a few players ,they are physical and disciplined.I also watched them beat a good Gobbler team for a championship so they are familiar with winning.

dirtydan
10-20-2009, 02:29 AM
old drag.
jasper is going to make it, that means carthage will be D2.
we on the other hand have to hope Chapel Hill win all three, since they have lost two already. otherwise we go D1.

if CH makes it, then its "code red".

Aesculus gilmus
10-20-2009, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by dirtydan

we on the other hand have to hope Chapel Hill win all three, since they have lost two already. otherwise we go D1.

What's wrong with going D1?

injuredinmelee
10-20-2009, 07:16 AM
Gilmer beats us all by 35.

lostaussie
10-20-2009, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Gilmer beats us all by 35. won't happen

jdawg2012
10-20-2009, 08:25 AM
Why is everybody sayin' that Jasper wont make the playoffs? Even if we lose to Carthage (which we won't. lol) Rusk and Center shouldn't be a problem. Jasper gets D1.

Mcguirk
10-20-2009, 08:34 AM

:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

poisoned10
10-20-2009, 09:47 AM

That's fine by me, it's much easier on the BP.

However, I think "Gilmer beats us all by A TOTAL OF 35" is more likely.

44INAROW
10-20-2009, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
What's wrong with going D1?
they have to play tough teams? ;)

BuckeyeNut
10-20-2009, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
they have to play tough teams? ;)

Were does it say that D1 has tough teams its all off school pop.

lulu
10-20-2009, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by dirtydan
old drag.
jasper is going to make it, that means carthage will be D2.

if CH makes it, then its "code red".

D1 for you IMO.

44INAROW
10-20-2009, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Black Flag
Were does it say that D1 has tough teams its all off school pop.
Lighten up Francis.. I was just playing around.. :hand: forgive me to having some fun. :doh:

Pawdaddy
10-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by jdawg2012
Why is everybody sayin' that Jasper wont make the playoffs?

I cannot answer that question, but I am going to research it Friday night after a four hour drive to Jasper. I think Carthage might come up short against a team that was not in shape in Week 0 against Gilmer and it bit them. They are not the same team now. I pick Jasper in a close one.

This kind of game is why predictions for Week 11 change every week.

old dragon
10-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Black Flag please explain statement,I didn"t get it.Although I believe D-1 is tough just one game less.Remember LH 07,LE 06,AW 04.

BuckeyeNut
10-20-2009, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Lighten up Francis.. I was just playing around.. :hand: forgive me to having some fun. :doh:

Its all good just saying there are good teams in D1 and D2. Don't like when people talk about going D2 bc it is easyer.

BuckeyeNut
10-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by old dragon
Black Flag please explain statement,I didn"t get it.Although I believe D-1 is tough just one game less.Remember LH 07,LE 06,AW 04.

I no it sucks being beat bye the state camps for the last 5 years

lulu
10-20-2009, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Black Flag
I no it sucks being beat bye the state camps for the last 5 years

Oh but paybacks a B---h:D Go Buckeyes

poisoned10
10-20-2009, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Pawdaddy
four hour drive to Jasper.

4 hours? Which way are you going? It only takes me 2 1/2 tops going through Tyler and Lufkin.

old dragon
10-20-2009, 12:13 PM
You R so right LuLu,knowing you were beat by the best when you may not be at your best just gives motivation and determination.We have them both!!!:D

Aesculus gilmus
10-20-2009, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by poisoned10
4 hours? Which way are you going? It only takes me 2 1/2 tops going through Tyler and Lufkin.

It'd delay you somewhat, though, if you were pulled over going between 80 and 90, which you'd have to do a lot of the time to get to Jasper even the shortest route from Gilmer in 2 1/2 hours, considering all the towns you have to slow down through.

IIRC, it's about 170 miles to Jasper.

waterboy
10-20-2009, 01:06 PM
To be honest with y'all, it does look like Gilmer will go D1 at this point, but it really doesn't matter to us. We would like to go D2 and play Carthage again, but if it doesn't pan out, I'm okay with it.;) There's a whole lot of us Buckeye fans who would LOVE a rematch, but..........oh, well. We'll line up against anybody the road puts in front of us, and be happy with that.:clap: I just hope we can go all the way......:cool:

poisoned10
10-20-2009, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
It'd delay you somewhat, though, if you were pulled over going between 80 and 90, which you'd have to do a lot of the time to get to Jasper even the shortest route from Gilmer in 2 1/2 hours, considering all the towns you have to slow down through.

IIRC, it's about 170 miles to Jasper.

I also just realized that I'm counting that from Tyler too. But then it still wouldn't be much over 3 hours.

I go down 69 down through Lufkin and once you get to Zavalla, take a left on 147/63 and follow 63 all the way to Jasper.

I used to drive to my Mom's house in Lake Charles, LA several times a year and that is the way I would go to get there. The drive to Lake Charles was right around 4 hours. And that was driving about 75 mph. Until you get to Louisiana and the speed limit is 55.