PDA

View Full Version : How Soon We Forget

OldBison75
10-19-2009, 07:45 PM
Just a few weeks ago, many Navasota posters were telling others that Caldwell was better than they were being given credit for after the loss to Bellville. After the Navasota and Caldwell game, myself and many others were worried about the Rattlers and it came from watching them get beat in every phase of the game by Caldwell. A week later, Navasota fans saw a totally different team on the field against Rockdale and many wished there was a way to replay the Caldwell game. In the stands, many comments were made about the game would have been different if the Rattler team playing Rockdale was the team that played Caldwell.

Navasota fans and posters have supported the Hornets over the last two years and have honestly cheered for thier success. If you read posts before the Navasota and Caldwell game this year, you see nothing but respect for the Hornets. Because the Rattler fans believe that Caldwell did not see the best of the Rattlers a couple of weeks ago, Hornet fans now have not respect for Navasota. Well, I still think that Caldwell has an opportunity to advance well into the playoffs. I still think they are a difficult team to prepare for with thier speed and athleticism. I still hope they have success in the playoffs.

But, I hope that some of those that post on this board from Hornet land will remember that after last years one point loss to Navasota, some of you felt like you should have won that game and that if the game could be played again you would have won. How easily we forget what goes around does indeed come around.

We all have opinions as to who will win what games and this week we are talking about the Rockdale vs Caldwell game in district 24. I am entitled to my opinion as well as you are and I believe that Rockdale will win--not because of any reason except that I believe they will be hungrier and wanting to prove that last week was not what Rockdale football is like. If this game was reversed, I would pick Caldwell.

Like me or not, let's let the record speak for itself, Navasota has one loss to Caldwell at this point and Caldwell has none. Caldwell can brag a little and Navasota can wish. Play this weeks game and if you win you can brag more and that is a fact.

snake_attack
10-19-2009, 07:54 PM
I wish Rockdale beats Caldwell.

HEMOTOXIC
10-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Just a few weeks ago, many Navasota posters were telling others that Caldwell was better than they were being given credit for after the loss to Bellville. After the Navasota and Caldwell game, myself and many others were worried about the Rattlers and it came from watching them get beat in every phase of the game by Caldwell. A week later, Navasota fans saw a totally different team on the field against Rockdale and many wished there was a way to replay the Caldwell game. In the stands, many comments were made about the game would have been different if the Rattler team playing Rockdale was the team that played Caldwell.

Navasota fans and posters have supported the Hornets over the last two years and have honestly cheered for thier success. If you read posts before the Navasota and Caldwell game this year, you see nothing but respect for the Hornets. Because the Rattler fans believe that Caldwell did not see the best of the Rattlers a couple of weeks ago, Hornet fans now have not respect for Navasota. Well, I still think that Caldwell has an opportunity to advance well into the playoffs. I still think they are a difficult team to prepare for with thier speed and athleticism. I still hope they have success in the playoffs.

But, I hope that some of those that post on this board from Hornet land will remember that after last years one point loss to Navasota, some of you felt like you should have won that game and that if the game could be played again you would have won. How easily we forget what goes around does indeed come around.

We all have opinions as to who will win what games and this week we are talking about the Rockdale vs Caldwell game in district 24. I am entitled to my opinion as well as you are and I believe that Rockdale will win--not because of any reason except that I believe they will be hungrier and wanting to prove that last week was not what Rockdale football is like. If this game was reversed, I would pick Caldwell.

Like me or not, let's let the record speak for itself, Navasota has one loss to Caldwell at this point and Caldwell has none. Caldwell can brag a little and Navasota can wish. Play this weeks game and if you win you can brag more and that is a fact.

Very well said. :clap:

Bullaholic
10-19-2009, 08:18 PM
You know what you just said Old Bison?---the game is in the hands of a bunch of teenage boys every week, in every town across this state, and it is very hard to predict exactly what they will do from one week to the next. Everytime I talk to our coach he says to me---I know what I WANT them to do, but getting them to DO it on every play is hard to do from the sidelines. IMO, coaching is sometimes like trying to fly an RC airplane with your feet.

zebrablue2
10-19-2009, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
You know what you just said Old Bison?---the game is in the hands of a bunch of teenage boys every week, in every town across this state, and it is very hard to predict exactly what they will do from one week to the next. Everytime I talk to our coach he says to me---I know what I WANT them to do, but getting them to DO it on every play is hard to do from the sidelines. IMO, coaching is sometimes like trying to fly an RC airplane with your feet.

:clap:

OldBison75
10-19-2009, 08:36 PM
DAMN, I WISH I COULDA SAID IT THAT SHORT. MY FINGERS, THE TWO I USE TO TYPE, ARE WORN OUT NOW FOR NOTHING.

cntdwn
10-19-2009, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by snake_attack
I wish Rockdale beats Caldwell.

Sour grapes... Party of One!

OldBison75
10-19-2009, 08:57 PM
As proof of what I said above--Look at the top 25 posted by CNTDWN. I can't even begin to believe he thinks Caldwell should be number 3 and ahead of Abilene Wylie. Maybe at top 15 team, or even close to top ten may be within reason, but #3. Keep smoking that stuff but don't let the law know where you grow it. Or was that you I saw on SH105 the other day picking mushrooms out of a pasture?

blowfish
10-19-2009, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

One of the best quotes I have ever seen on here. I think we forget that these are teenagers. If we can remember back when we were that age football was just not near as important to us then as it is now.

I think the reason we as parents/fans take so hard is that we know with absolute certainty that when it is over it is over forever no matter how many deals we make with the good lord.

My 20 year old and 17 year just dont get it when I tell them I would give anything to go back and play one more year. I tell them they dont get it now but someday they will and it will hurt!

cntdwn
10-19-2009, 09:09 PM
As proof of what I said above--Look at the top 25 posted by CNTDWN. I can't even begin to believe he thinks Caldwell should be number 3 and ahead of Abilene Wylie. Maybe at top 15 team, or even close to top ten may be within reason, but #3. Keep smoking that stuff but don't let the law know where you grow it. Or was that you I saw on SH105 the other day picking mushrooms out of a pasture?

You were ranked fifth two weeks ago and got nailed and were too much of a wuss to gain over 100 yards offense (a team that scored 47 on 4A Henderson) on a wet ground... and you're saying my ranking Caldwell that high is delusional? HA!

HEMOTOXIC
10-19-2009, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by cntdwn
You were ranked fifth two weeks ago and got nailed and were too much of a wuss to gain over 100 yards offense (a team that scored 47 on 4A Henderson) on a wet ground... and you're saying my ranking Caldwell that high is delusional? HA!

How old are you?

OldBison75
10-19-2009, 09:14 PM
And if you look at what I have posted since then, not what other people ranked us, you see that i dropped us down after a poor performance against Caldwell. I have given us some back since Rockdale but not much. Caldwell is not a #3 team in anybody's mind. Quit trying to be the second coming of Liberty Hill and realize that you are beatable. Hell, Bellville beat you guys and they are having trouble staying above .500. At least we lost to a team that had a very good record.

cntdwn
10-19-2009, 09:17 PM
And if you look at what I have posted since then, not what other people ranked us, you see that i dropped us down after a poor performance against Caldwell. I have given us some back since Rockdale but not much. Caldwell is not a #3 team in anybody's mind. Quit trying to be the second coming of Liberty Hill and realize that you are beatable. Hell, Bellville beat you guys and they are having trouble staying above .500. At least we lost to a team that had a very good record.

....and that team you lost to was the one you beat by 10 three weeks later when Caldwell was a much more conditioned team.

Isn't it interesting how you can have a "bad week" and lose to Caldwell and it's just a fluke, but Caldwell's two=point loss to Bellville thanks to 2 deep turnovers in THE FIRST WEEK gets run in the ground?

Just admit it. You *like so many other * rely on history books and programs that have had success in the PAST.

That was then. This is now.

14-0

Get over it!

OldBison75
10-19-2009, 09:23 PM
First of all we did not lose to anybody three weeks later. We beat Bellville, which is more than you can say. Second, I have never said that Caldwell did not deserve to win that game that night against Navasota. I said that Caldwell is not a number 3 team in the state and will not be this year.

You want other people to give you respect, then you should at least be realistic about your team. If you were in district 25 you would finish at least fourth this year since you have already lost to Bellville.

Get over your overblown opinion of yourself and realize that you are the only person that seems to believe that Navasota does not recognize that they lost that game. WE DO.

But if it will make you feel better----CALDWELL BEAT NAVASOTA BY 14-0!!!!

cntdwn
10-19-2009, 09:28 PM
First of all we did not lose to anybody three weeks later. We beat Bellville, which is more than you can say. Second, I have never said that Caldwell did not deserve to win that game that night against Navasota. I said that Caldwell is not a number 3 team in the state and will not be this year.

You want other people to give you respect, then you should at least be realistic about your team. If you were in district 25 you would finish at least fourth this year since you have already lost to Bellville.

Get over your overblown opinion of yourself and realize that you are the only person that seems to believe that Navasota does not recognize that they lost that game. WE DO.

But if it will make you feel better----CALDWELL BEAT NAVASOTA BY 14-0!!!!

What is your damn fetish about the Bellville loss? That was the best thing that ever happened to us!

We scrimmaged NewWaverly the week before, and THAT's why we lost. We deflated a 2A team with 20 varsity players and then faced a 45-member Bellville team that just scrimmaged Brenham.

Yes, District 25 is tougher than 24, but a dumb two-point loss to a perennial playoff team in the first friggin' week is NOTHING to hang our heads over. A shutout on the other hand to a team that LOST to Bellville? It all depends on how you look at it.

And you're right. Bellville's whopping three-point loss to a "horrible" La Grange team? What are YOU smokin?

I'd much rather lose a non-district game than district. Agree?

navscanmaster
10-19-2009, 09:28 PM
....and that team you lost to was the one you beat by 10 three weeks later when Caldwell was a much more conditioned team.

Isn't it interesting how you can have a "bad week" and lose to Caldwell and it's just a fluke, but Caldwell's two=point loss to Bellville thanks to 2 deep turnovers in THE FIRST WEEK gets run in the ground?

Just admit it. You *like so many other * rely on history books and programs that have had success in the PAST.

That was then. This is now.

14-0

Get over it!

First week:

Navasota 47, 4A Henderson 0
Bellville 28, Caldwell 26

cntdwn
10-19-2009, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
First week:

Navasota 47, 4A Henderson 0
Bellville 28, Caldwell 26

Yet still.....

LOL

Coach BS
10-19-2009, 09:32 PM
Really a tired subject.

But hey I'm still reading and waiting to see whats said next.

HEMOTOXIC
10-19-2009, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Coach BS

But hey I'm still reading and waiting to see whats said next.

:ditto:

cntdwn
10-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
:ditto:

and we all know Mr. Hemotoxic will never chime in. (sigh)

navscanmaster
10-19-2009, 09:33 PM
I think we are all a hard-headed bunch. It could be a while, so HEMOTOXIC, will you run to Annie's and grab us a snickers?

HEMOTOXIC
10-19-2009, 09:35 PM
I think we are all a hard-headed bunch. It could be a while, so HEMOTOXIC, will you run to Annie's and grab us a snickers?

Sure thing:D

OldBison75
10-19-2009, 09:36 PM
Navscanmaster, I guess that it is obvious that it is okay for Caldwell to lose a game but not Navasota. I will say that if we had to lose one, I'm glad it was early in district.

I do think that cntdwn needs to re-visit his own top 25 ranking since he admits that district 25 is better than district 24, but ranks his team ahead of all of the teams from that district.

cntdown has awarded the district championship to Caldwell before they play Rockdale or Cameron. Both have the ability to beat the Hornets and both have all the motivation in the world. We will see where this goes after the end of the race. Winning one leg of a relay does not make you a champion though.

navscanmaster
10-19-2009, 09:37 PM
Sure thing:D
Waiting....

:D :D :D

cntdwn
10-19-2009, 09:38 PM
Navscanmaster, I guess that it is obvious that it is okay for Caldwell to lose a game but not Navasota. I will say that if we had to lose one, I'm glad it was early in district.

I do think that cntdwn needs to re-visit his own top 25 ranking since he admits that district 25 is better than district 24, but ranks his team ahead of all of the teams from that district.

cntdown has awarded the district championship to Caldwell before they play Rockdale or Cameron. Both have the ability to beat the Hornets and both have all the motivation in the world. We will see where this goes after the end of the race. Winning one leg of a relay does not make you a champion though.

... yet certain posters berate Caldwell's potential but rank them above their own team. Go figure.

HEMOTOXIC
Waiting....

:D :D :D

Open the door dude.:thumbsup:

navscanmaster

Watch out, your feelings are about to fall off of your shoulder. Can we let it go until Rockdale beats Caldwell?:devil: :devil: :eek: :stirpot:

cntdwn
10-19-2009, 09:40 PM
Every single time Navasota beats a team, they wish them well the next week to beat someone to make them look better. A tad self-serving?

OldBison75
10-19-2009, 09:42 PM
I gave up my feeling a long time ago, now I am trying to enjoy myself engaging in juvenile one upmanship with another juvenile mind. It's really easy with cntdown though.

LH Panther Mom
10-19-2009, 09:42 PM
It could be a while, so HEMOTOXIC, will you run to Annie's and grab us a snickers?
Get some popcorn while you're at it.

:1popcorn: :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

HEMOTOXIC
10-19-2009, 09:43 PM
You know, two years ago when Caldwell came to Rattler Stadium, we didn't cry about losing to the Hornets. Last year, after the Rattlers beat Caldwell, no one complained or cried about that game from either team. But, now, CNTDWN comes along and the :stirpot: starts.

I have to give it to him/her, he or she does a great job at it.

cntdwn
10-19-2009, 09:44 PM
You know, two years ago when Caldwell came to Rattler Stadium, we didn't cry about losing to the Hornets. Last year, after the Rattlers beat Caldwell, no one complained or cried about that game from either team. But, now, CNTDWN comes along and the :stirpot: starts.

I have to give it to him/her, he or she does a great job at it.

Because Caldwell EXPECTED to lose last year.

OldBison75
10-19-2009, 09:45 PM
We actually have respect for the kids that play the game and try to encourage them to move forward. It is not a game to insult the kids by saying they have no chance. As a matter of fact, you just pointed out on another thread that Madisonville is pretty good and Navasota better watch out. Giving kudos to Madisonville--maybe you are really a closet Navasota fan.

Coach BS
10-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Hey cntdwn, Navasota would love for Rockdale to win, not because of the loss to Caldwell, because it puts them back in the #1 spot. Of coarse I would love to see it also. Trust me if , I mean when Rockdale wins Navasota will all become Yoe fans . This is nothing against Caldwell just the way it is.

HEMOTOXIC
10-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Because Caldwell EXPECTED to lose last year.

IT has nothing to do with "Caldwell" expecting to lose. Its all about you.

OldBison75
10-19-2009, 09:48 PM
OH GOD COACH, you have now entered into the twilight zone of cntdwn's world. Please, please don't bring in Navasota roooting for Cameron--we are way too conceited for that.

cntdwn
10-19-2009, 09:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw94TwKqH_c&feature=related

OldBison75
10-19-2009, 10:02 PM
I KNEW I RECOGNIZED YOUR PHILOSOPHY---YOU ARE THE CHURCHLADY!!!!!!!!!!!!

navscanmaster
10-19-2009, 10:29 PM
Looks like it has petered out for the night. Watching House on tivo right now. Good night and all in good fun.

shamu85
10-19-2009, 11:51 PM
From a totally neutral observer...I don't think Rockdale is going to beat Caldwell. I think Rockdale's offensive woes will see to that.

snakebite
10-20-2009, 03:51 PM
I now realize why I don't get on here as much anymore because everytime I do it seems there is nothing but hard headed people on here!! The Navasota/ Caldwell game has always been something huge almost to the point of become a rivalry. In 2004 playoffs, the game went in to overtime. When Navasota traveled to Caldwell, they scored two touchdowns back to back against a Hornet team that I believe made it to playoffs and Navasota ended 3-7. Last year was a game for the books and this year, well what happened, happened. I didn't make it to the game because of work, but IMO, the Rattler coaches knew the games was going to be played on soggy terain, so why not take them off the artificial and move em to Brule to get experience on it. Navasota can also become big headed at times as well, I mean look at the 2004 season when the went to Altair Rice undeafeated and played in The Swamp- they got everything plus some handed to em. Navasota can win big, and they can lose big. Not one team is perfect. The boys play hard and we see it week after week. Caldwell won this year fair and square. And cntdwm, your location says your from Brenham....now IDK if that is where your from or not, but if it is, you ain't got much room to talk since the Cubs won't play the Rattlers since Navasota handed them the 50-23 whooping down at the Astrodome way back when, especially since Brenham went to the state championship game the year before and came into the game ranked 2nd in class 4A. And yes I know that for a reasonable fact...I have too many relatives in Brenham that know Coach West. As for me, I have a respectable hatred towards Caldwell, just a town I have dealt with many times with everything I have done sports wise. However, they are nice people and respect other teams. Honestly, I believe they are playing hard b/c they don't want to face WOS this yr in playoff's. I wish the best of luck to both Caldwell and Rockdale this Friday, the best team will win!

UPanIN
10-20-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by snakebite
I now realize why I don't get on here as much anymore because everytime I do it seems there is nothing but hard headed people on here!! The Navasota/ Caldwell game has always been something huge almost to the point of become a rivalry. In 2004 playoffs, the game went in to overtime. When Navasota traveled to Caldwell, they scored two touchdowns back to back against a Hornet team that I believe made it to playoffs and Navasota ended 3-7. Last year was a game for the books and this year, well what happened, happened. I didn't make it to the game because of work, but IMO, the Rattler coaches knew the games was going to be played on soggy terain, so why not take them off the artificial and move em to Brule to get experience on it. Navasota can also become big headed at times as well, I mean look at the 2004 season when the went to Altair Rice undeafeated and played in The Swamp- they got everything plus some handed to em. Navasota can win big, and they can lose big. Not one team is perfect. The boys play hard and we see it week after week. Caldwell won this year fair and square. And cntdwm, your location says your from Brenham....now IDK if that is where your from or not, but if it is, you ain't got much room to talk since the Cubs won't play the Rattlers since Navasota handed them the 50-23 whooping down at the Astrodome way back when, especially since Brenham went to the state championship game the year before and came into the game ranked 2nd in class 4A. And yes I know that for a reasonable fact...I have too many relatives in Brenham that know Coach West. As for me, I have a respectable hatred towards Caldwell, just a town I have dealt with many times with everything I have done sports wise. However, they are nice people and respect other teams. Honestly, I believe they are playing hard b/c they don't want to face WOS this yr in playoff's. I wish the best of luck to both Caldwell and Rockdale this Friday, the best team will win!

snakebite
I saw some video of that Brenham game not long ago and one play really stood out to me.

It was an option to the left and as martin made the turn smith was trailing. You can see the Brenham coach place his hands on his head as he saw what was coming.

Just as the cubs were about to rap martin up he flips to smith and the big man took it to the house. wow. That was a good team but I believe this years team has better receivers with a potent running attack and should advance deep in the playoffs if they get there.

Go Rattlers

ProudHornetMom
10-20-2009, 04:22 PM
:wave:

A frustrated, gentle reminder that there are Caldwell posters who do respect Navasota and Rockdale for the formidable foes they are on the football field and honestly are proud to be in a district with them. It doesn't always make for easy football games but if we stop and think of the quality of football programs our district teams have and the variety of skill sets...D24 is a pretty good place to be in fall of each year.

So this weary football mom doesn't like the all or nothing generalities thrown around about Caldwell, Navasota, Rockdale or Cameron for that matter. Caldwell always does this, Navasota never does that or Rockdale hasn't done it in the last four years, Todd Dodge....etc, etc, etc.

As was posted earlier...we're talking about 3A teams of 16, 17,18 year olds playing football in a myriad of conditions...WET, dry, grass, rocks, turf, hot, cold, wind out the north, wind out of the south, girl friends, girl friend break up, grades, trucks, parties, school, family lives that suck. You name it, every one of the teams come to each game with some of these variables and then they play football. All in all, our teams are doing a remarkable job and we all should be proud of them. Surely even in the losses, there's some play or action that warrants appreciation. Just the committment of off season, two a days, killer practices and games should make communities proud.

I don't understand the need in trashing another team or dogging other downlow posters just for the sake of dogging them. I don't get it. Sometimes you have to be watch for the back splash of your whizzing contest.

HEMOTOXIC
10-20-2009, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by snakebite

:iagree:

cntdwn
10-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Ok, now who's babbling on about it?

LH Panther Mom
10-20-2009, 06:47 PM
:doh: :doh: Oh no you didn't. :rolleyes:

cntdwn
10-20-2009, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:doh: :doh: Oh no you didn't. :rolleyes:

Oh yes, I di-ud.

44INAROW
10-20-2009, 09:21 PM
Sour grapes... Party of One!

I predict Rockdale beats Caldwell by 24 - no wait - by 35. Will they, probably not, but who knows :eek: Then things would REALLY be all messed up :D

snake_attack
10-20-2009, 09:36 PM
I didnt mind losing a district game because it gave a big wake up call for navasota. I just wished it was anybody else except caldwell. Idk why i just dont like them.

venomous tat2
10-21-2009, 10:17 AM

When Are ALL of you gonna relize you are dealing with a clown that just want to run your bp up . Do like the sign @ the zoo says "Don't feed the monkeys" . Hornet Mom thank you for that post I wasn't gonna say antthing untill he disrespected you . He needs to know that it is a cardinal sin to disrespect the moms on our board . cntdown grow up & Rattler Nation Stop feeding the monkey it's fruitless to keep this non sense going ya'll are better than this don't stoop down to his level . Our team has gotten past this game ya'll need to do the same . " You can't look back trying to go foward " I'm done !!