PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell/Rockdale fans....

trojandad
10-19-2009, 07:33 PM
I didn't see either games so I'm curious, any input on why there was such a small margin of victory when each played Madisonville?

navscanmaster
10-19-2009, 08:14 PM
From what all my Madisonville co-workers are saying (5 out of 16 on my crew), the Mustang D is very fast to the ball, and the secondary, led by the QB Harris at FS, is top notch. They say that they are making their tackles, even though they give up a lot of size to their opponents. I won't get to see them until Week 10.

cntdwn
10-19-2009, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
I didn't see either games so I'm curious, any input on why there was such a small margin of victory when each played Madisonville?

Madisonville has improved dramatically and isn't out of playoff picture yet. They could even beat Navasota.

Yoe_09
10-19-2009, 08:28 PM
Madisonville is improved but they will have no chance against Navasota. They beat us and really didnt look that impressive we just looked horrible. I think they will beat them by atleast 17.

cntdwn
10-19-2009, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
Madisonville is improved but they will have no chance against Navasota. They beat us and really didnt look that impressive we just looked horrible. I think they will beat them by atleast 17.

Yep, Cameron loses by six points to a decent team and is so bitter that they discredit Madisonville. Madisonville,when playing at full force, could contend for a district title in a weaker district.

trojandad
10-19-2009, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09

which would still be 4 points less than coldspring actually beat madisonville......they gave madisonville their worst loss of the year, far bigger than either caldwell or rockdale......

same with diboll, they have played jasper, silsbee, kirbyville, center and newton, yet nobody put a bigger loss on them than coldspring has.....

i have no idea how good we are, just looking for common opponents to figure it out....i know teams have good and bad nights but its sure looking like we have a better team than first thought.....

cntdwn
10-19-2009, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
which would still be 4 points less than coldspring actually beat madisonville......they gave madisonville their worst loss of the year, far bigger than either caldwell or rockdale......

same with diboll, they have played jasper, silsbee, kirbyville, center and newton, yet nobody put a bigger loss on them than coldspring has.....

i have no idea how good we are, just looking for common opponents to figure it out....i know teams have good and bad nights but its sure looking like we have a better team than first thought.....

I think M'ville was without a star back when they played Coldspring, but i do think Coldspring is being overlooked.

87 TIGER
10-19-2009, 09:20 PM
Madisonville is much better than given credit for. Do Not take them lightly

cntdwn
10-19-2009, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Madisonville is much better than given credit for. Do Not take them lightly

Thank you!

navscanmaster
10-19-2009, 09:32 PM
Yeah, we know that. They have a good running back, but he is not a running back. He is a receiver that is their best option at running back. They are dangerous as hell if you let their QB or RB get the corner.

cntdwn
10-19-2009, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Yeah, we know that. They have a good running back, but he is not a running back. He is a receiver that is their best option at running back. They are dangerous as hell if you let their QB or RB get the corner.

No worries. We're all certain that Navasota will beat Madisonville by 70 or more.

Coach BS
10-19-2009, 09:39 PM
Navasota will beat Madisonville (they have had a wake up call). Navasota will win by 28 ( not 70 ) only LH runs up the score like that.

navscanmaster
10-19-2009, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by cntdwn
No worries. We're all certain that Navasota will beat Madisonville by 70 or more.

This ain't basketball. I think 21 is a reasonable expectation, given the play of Madisonville's defense. But we have a little rivalry going, you know, opposite ends of SH 90. That's what they call it on Friday Football Fever, the Battle of Highway 90. No, not US 90, like Sealy/Columbus, or Sealy/Royal, or Weimar/Columbus, no not that 90. We are talking about SH 90, THE STATE FREAKING HIGHWAY 90!!! It starts in Navasota, and are you following me? Are you? It ends in, ta-da, Madisonville! That is why our rivalry with the Mustangs is so strong! We are attached like a freaking umbillical cord to another town by a highway! It will be a good game, because it is THE BATTLE OF HIGHWAY 90!!! AAAAaarrrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

(throws random stray cats at onlookers)

LH Panther Mom
10-19-2009, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Coach BS
only LH runs up the score like that.
Do you ever look at the scores each week? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: "We" run up the score, yet frequently there are teams across the state scoring the same. Guess you were on the other end of a beat-down?

Coach BS
10-19-2009, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Do you ever look at the scores each week? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: "We" run up the score, yet frequently there are teams across the state scoring the same. Guess you were on the other end of a beat-down? I didnt say LH was the only team ever to run up a score, I'm sure there are teams across the state that run it up.IMO there is no reason to win a game by 70pts

cntdwn
10-19-2009, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Coach BS
Navasota will beat Madisonville (they have had a wake up call). Navasota will win by 28 ( not 70 ) only LH runs up the score like that.

I'd be willing to bet money that game is within 10 points either way.

Yoe_09
10-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by cntdwn
Yep, Cameron loses by six points to a decent team and is so bitter that they discredit Madisonville. Madisonville,when playing at full force, could contend for a district title in a weaker district.

Im not trying to dis-credit anyone. I just feel that Navasota should win this one easily if it is dry and they come to play.

old dragon
10-20-2009, 04:05 PM
Hey Trojandad,good to hear you on the board.I communicated with you a few years back when my Dauther taught school at Coldspring Middle school.We thought that the Bucks and Trojans might meet that year but it didn't happen for either.Looks like we are headed opposite ways again this year,best of luck to your Trojans.