PDA

View Full Version : Highland Park

Bullaholic
10-19-2009, 03:54 PM
Currently No. 6 in 4A AP 10/19. We've talked about a lot of the other perpetually good programs in all classes---how does HP do it year-in, year-out? If they've had the same HC for most of the past years he's got to have one of the best W-L records around.

Move The Chains
10-19-2009, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Currently No. 6 in 4A AP 10/19. We've talked about a lot of the other perpetually good programs in all classes---how does HP do it year-in, year-out? IDK, but I'm pulling for #5 Angleton!!!

Quandre Diggs is a bad bad man! :eek:

LE Dad
10-19-2009, 04:05 PM
Currently No. 6 in 4A AP 10/19. We've talked about a lot of the other perpetually good programs in all classes---how does HP do it year-in, year-out? If they've had the same HC for most of the past years he's got to have one of the best W-L records around. To the best of my knowledge they have had the same coach for years. He wears a Fedora ala; Tom Landry. He does not lose many. :cool:

BEAST
10-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
To the best of my knowledge they have had the same coach for years. He wears a Fedora ala; Tom Landry. He does not lose many. :cool:

His name is Randy Allen. He was the HC here after Gordon Wood retired. He took Brownwood to the playoffs every year he was here I believe. He then went to coach at Abilene Cooper, where he graduated from, taking them to the 5A State Title game which they lost a very good game to Austin Westlake. He is a very good coach.

BEAST

hollywood
10-19-2009, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
His name is Randy Allen. He was the HC here after Gordon Wood retired. He took Brownwood to the playoffs every year he was here I believe. He then went to coach at Abilene Cooper, where he graduated from, taking them to the 5A State Title game which they lost a very good game to Austin Westlake. He is a very good coach.

BEAST

Yep, he was my head coach all four years in high school. You couldn't think of enough good words to say about this man. Class act all the way. The values he instills in young men stay with you all of your life.

Bullaholic
10-19-2009, 04:29 PM
I looked up Randy Allen's record on Wiki---it's 244-69-6.

Phantom Stang
10-19-2009, 05:15 PM

how does HP do it year-in, year-out?
The same way Abilene Wylie does it in 3A.;)

HP traditionally falls just below the 4A/5A enrollment cut-off at realignment time.

:stirpot: :taunt:

shamu85
10-19-2009, 05:21 PM
You don't normally afford to live in Highland Park or University Park by being an underachiever.