PDA

View Full Version : For Sealy Fans

Bone Pile
10-19-2009, 02:26 PM
I went to see yall beat Columbus. One question. When the game was over Columbus stood by and quitely recognized/honored your time while your school song was played. Why did you all not do the same?
Seemed a little classless to me. Just wondering.

Move The Chains
10-19-2009, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Bone Pile
I went to see yall beat Columbus. One question. When the game was over Columbus stood by and quitely recognized/honored your time while your school song was played. Why did you all not do the same?
Seemed a little classless to me. Just wondering. Columbus fans always accusing others of being classless. :hand:

After all the trash YOU talk.... the supposed classless actions were probably just for you.

:clap:

Bone Pile
10-19-2009, 02:32 PM
Just wondering,but that is the response I expected. Thanks for answering the question. Austin Co. match up looks like a thumping to me.

pirate4state
10-19-2009, 02:32 PM
Seemed a little classless to me. Just wondering.

LOL grasping at straws? What were they doing while Columbus' school song was being played?

I didn't realize it was such a big deal. I don't think ANYONE in our district does this for each other. Guess we are all classless down here on the coastal bend! LMAO

BreckTxLonghorn
10-19-2009, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LOL grasping at straws? What were they doing while Columbus' school song was being played?

I didn't realize it was such a big deal. I don't think ANYONE in our district does this for each other. Guess we are all classless down here on the coastal bend! LMAO

That's why you've been exiled to the Coastal Bend.

pirate4state
10-19-2009, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
That's why you've been exiled to the Coastal Bend. I guess so. We're all a bunch of beach bums down here.

By the way...where is Pear Flat???

Bone Pile
10-19-2009, 02:48 PM
Very small town next to Escobas. Not even on the map,just a community.

Bone Pile
10-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Just wait till the Smithville game is over. After they win,they will give you the respect you deserve. They are a great bunch of guys and would be great District Champs. Pay attention after the game and you will see what I mean.

BreckTxLonghorn
10-19-2009, 02:53 PM
So what exactly happened ?

Bone Pile
10-19-2009, 03:05 PM
While Sealy was playing their victory/school song,all the Columbus players turned and acknowledged the Sealy football team and fans while this was going on. When it was over and Columbus started playing their school song, the football players,coaches and fans started hooping,hollering and celebrating and not returning the respect that was dealt to them. That is what looked disrespectful to me. Problem with that??

pirate4state
10-19-2009, 03:12 PM
Just wait till the Smithville game is over. After they win,they will give you the respect you deserve. They are a great bunch of guys and would be great District Champs. Pay attention after the game and you will see what I mean. Just because I'm a Sealy fan doesn't mean I'm from Sealy. I have no idea the customs there or what your district does. Does everyone but Sealy do this? I just think you are finding things to pick on them about, but that is your right.

Texas Cougar
10-19-2009, 03:16 PM
I have a problem with teams that do not respect the other teams school song after the game. CS always makes it a point to walk toward the opposing team and stand addressing them. Same thing happened at West this week as the Trojans went about celebrating after their school song and paid no respect to CS song. I am not sure I would call it classless. Just lack of respect. It seems to me that the prennial playoff teams are better about it.

giddings4life88
10-19-2009, 05:08 PM
Smithville does the stand and respect the opposing school song too, and at almost all the games the opposing school pays the same respect, just my experience.

Move The Chains
10-19-2009, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Texas Cougar
I have a problem with teams that do not respect the other teams school song after the game. CS always makes it a point to walk toward the opposing team and stand addressing them. Same thing happened at West this week as the Trojans went about celebrating after their school song and paid no respect to CS song. I am not sure I would call it classless. Just lack of respect. It seems to me that the prennial playoff teams are better about it. Beat them and then you can disrepect their song! :clap:

sports mom
10-19-2009, 05:56 PM
Why is it, some people always have to start some kind of crap?
This is the very reason a previous thread was closed last week.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-19-2009, 06:56 PM
after our song was played the players walked to our fans like they do EVERY game and they have literally done forever, to shake the fans hands

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by sports mom
Why is it, some people always have to start some kind of crap?
This is the very reason a previous thread was closed last week.

I agree this thread is rediculous

Antec
10-19-2009, 08:21 PM
Bay City Band doesn't play school song after the game-only before

zebrablue2
10-19-2009, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
I agree this thread is rediculous

the state champs sign out on I-10 needs a little paint. noticed the other day it is becoming a little faded!! that run back in the 90's still amazes me.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-19-2009, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
the state champs sign out on I-10 needs a little paint. noticed the other day it is becoming a little faded!! that run back in the 90's still amazes me.

yeah it does... kinda makes me sad in a way to see it like that. It sure would be nice to see that thang fixed up

sTx
10-19-2009, 09:32 PM
Yeah for sure... its a real bummer to see it like that

Tiger Turtle
10-20-2009, 06:51 AM
They will repaint the whole thing when they add "2009" to the list of years...(jk)

tiger eye
10-20-2009, 07:03 AM
Go Tigers !

zebrablue2
10-20-2009, 07:09 AM
don't think they will win it all this year, but in 2010 they will be the real deal. may also surprise this year???

StangEm
10-20-2009, 09:26 AM
don't think they will win it all this year, but in 2010 they will be the real deal. may also surprise this year???

I wouldn't put it past this group of Seniors to do something special. They have been a solid group since 7th grade and have done nothing but get better over they years. I look for them to win district and since they will be D1 I also look for them to go deep. Remember though....Curero still MAY have their number.

teetle
10-20-2009, 09:43 AM
The cardinal always be worring about other things than winning de game. Theys worried about their bird, Theys worried about you not stoping for their school song. Worry abouts winning the game. Take care of your rear and forget about yo bird. Good luck nextes week. :D :eek: :bigcry:

marlin fan
10-20-2009, 09:54 AM
yes i think u should be quiet when school songs are played i get so upset if i cant here the songs!!!! but lol i dont think its classless its just be beinga band nerd lol

onsideanytime
10-20-2009, 10:28 AM
bone pile dont think the cardinals are full of class, i know of one game this year they trashed the visitors lockeroom after the game, pissed in buckets, spit dip in bucket, punched and dented in towel dispensers, and also i dont think that is disrespectful of sealy to celebrate during the columbus school song, it is not there school song why should they care if it is playing

Bone Pile
10-20-2009, 12:20 PM
Hey offsideanytime,that is disrespectful to celebrate during their school song,especially after they just gave Sealy the respect for whatever song they were playing. Common courtesy is all it is. As far as the other incidents in the locker room,that is plain not right. Hopefully it was reported.
Sometime when you don't know respect it is hard to recognize disrespectfulness.

sports mom
10-20-2009, 12:26 PM
The school songs are always played before the game and that is when each school pays their respect to the other school. After the game is over, it's time for the schools to either celebrate of cope with their loss.

sports mom
10-20-2009, 12:35 PM
You know, I get the feeling Bone Pile doesn't like the Sealy Tigers.

But hey, that's okay, there are plenty of people who do.
:clap:

GO TIGERS!!!!!!

StangEm
10-20-2009, 12:35 PM
Oh Lord....can we move past the school song issue?

Move The Chains
10-20-2009, 12:36 PM
I think Sealy might be good enough to return the favor to Cuero this year. :clap:

Maybe.

sports mom
10-20-2009, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by StangEm
Oh Lord....can we move past the school song issue?

Undoubtedly some can't.

Just responding to the one who created the thread.

FbCoachB40
10-20-2009, 12:49 PM
The only schools that I know of who show a "respect" (if thats what you want to call it) for the opposing school song AFTER THE GAME is ...

The Armed Forces Academies. I love when Army and Navy come together for the school songs.

I enjoy all of the pomp and circumstance of a football game...the respect that is shown before and immediately after with the handshake...but I have never once worried about listening or stopping what we as a team are doing for a school song or fight song at the end of a game.

If the Cardinals choose to stop and hear a good song...then good for them, but it is not disrespectful nor classless to pack up the sidelines and shake the fans hands.

NOW, if Sealy was standing behind Columbus, and yelling over the song on purpose...now that would be classless

i know that Sealy is not like that

Spread It Out
10-20-2009, 12:54 PM

Maybe they could hire the kids who painted up Bellville's restrooms and concession stands last year before the Sealy-Bellville game. They seem to really know what they're doing with paint in their hands.

BaTmAn24
10-20-2009, 01:50 PM
:fnypost: :fnypost:

buff4ever
10-20-2009, 02:52 PM
I can't believe I wasted my time to read this thread, oh hell, now I have posted a message on it:D

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-20-2009, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by sports mom
The school songs are always played before the game and that is when each school pays their respect to the other school. After the game is over, it's time for the schools to either celebrate of cope with their loss.

very well said...