PDA

View Full Version : The Weak Argument about USC and the Weak Pac-10

PPHSfan
10-19-2009, 01:13 PM
Before I get started and go out on a rant here, let me make this statement.

"I'm a Longhorn Fan, first and Foremost. I rooted for Texas in 05 when they played USC and if they ever play again, I will be cheering for Texas all the way."

Not going to post anything but FACTS here.

The fact is USC plays Every Team in their conference every year, and also plays 2 or 3 top teams outside of the Pac-10 year in and out.

I know, I know, there are 12 teams in the Big 12 and the SEC, but WHAT IF.....Baylor and Colorado were not in the Big 12 and Texas had to Play Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, and Nebraska every year? What IF.....on top of that Texas scheduled teams like Notre Dame and Ohio State EVERY year? (The last time Texas played Ohio State in the regular season it was UGLY). What If.....Mississippi State and Vanderbilt were gone from the SEC and Alabama and Florida had to play each other, LSU, Georgia, Ole Miss, Tennessee and Auburn EVERY year, in the Regular season, plus a Notre Dame and an Ohio State?

I hear the argument that Every year USC loses a game they shouldn't lose. The fact is the last time either USC and Texas went undefeated in the regular season was in 05. Why did Texas lose to Tech last year? (When Tech won on the last play of the game, it was because of a studly play by a man-child named Crabtree.....Does anyone remember a guy named Vince Young?)

Why did Florida lose to Ole Miss last year?

Do we need to talk about Alabama and Boise State?

The Fact is simple. Alabama, Florida, Texas, and USC are fantastic football teams that lose a game they shouldn't lose almost every year. '

But this is what makes them elite.

When was the last time USC, Texas, or Florida lost a game that they were supposed to lose? The elite teams rise to the occasion. It's easy to lose a game your supposed to win. The great teams win the ones that could go either way. And USC is one of those teams. PERIOD.

Bullaholic
10-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Before I get started and go out on a rant here, let me make this statement.

"I'm a Longhorn Fan, first and Foremost. I rooted for Texas in 05 when they played USC and if they ever play again, I will be cheering for Texas all the way."

Not going to post anything but FACTS here.

The fact is USC plays Every Team in their conference every year, and also plays 2 or 3 top teams outside of the Pac-10 year in and out.

I know, I know, there are 12 teams in the Big 12 and the SEC, but WHAT IF.....Baylor and Colorado were not in the Big 12 and Texas had to Play Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, and Nebraska every year? What IF.....on top of that Texas scheduled teams like Notre Dame and Ohio State EVERY year? (The last time Texas played Ohio State in the regular season it was UGLY). What If.....Mississippi State and Vanderbilt were gone from the SEC and Alabama and Florida had to play each other, LSU, Georgia, Ole Miss, Tennessee and Auburn EVERY year, in the Regular season, plus a Notre Dame and an Ohio State?

I hear the argument that Every year USC loses a game they shouldn't lose. The fact is the last time either USC and Texas went undefeated in the regular season was in 05. Why did Texas lose to Tech last year? (When Tech won on the last play of the game, it was because of a studly play by a man-child named Crabtree.....Does anyone remember a guy named Vince Young?)

Why did Florida lose to Ole Miss last year?

Do we need to talk about Alabama and Boise State?

The Fact is simple. Alabama, Florida, Texas, and USC are fantastic football teams that lose a game they shouldn't lose almost every year. '

But this is what makes them elite.

When was the last time USC, Texas, or Florida lost a game that they were supposed to lose? The elite teams rise to the occasion. It's easy to lose a game your supposed to win. The great teams win the ones that could go either way. And USC is one of those teams. PERIOD.

So now you are saying that USC is only ONE of the best teams in the country? :D

IMO, Texas and the others are confident in their abilities but they are not cocky and arrogant in their confidence---that is why I dislike USC---they think they are a pro team playing all of the lowly college teams.

BTW---I think Alabama is the best team in the land right now---and, where you been?

PPHSfan
10-19-2009, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
.......they think they are a pro team playing all of the lowly college teams.

BTW---I think Alabama is the best team in the land right now---and, where you been?

Move the Cowboys and Texans out of Texas.....bring in the Chargers and the Raiders and the Longhorns would feel the same way. LOL

jason
10-19-2009, 01:37 PM
so what you are saying is that you worship usc and you hate america???

traitor...

PPHSfan
10-19-2009, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by jason
so what you are saying is that you worship usc and you hate america???

traitor...

Jason, You know the only person I "Worship" is Myself.:D

I just like USC. I also like Texas.

Bullaholic
10-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Baloney---I'll show you what he really worships, jason...:D

http://www.pcpros-tx.com/dollar.jpg

PPHSfan
10-19-2009, 02:06 PM

http://www.pcpros-tx.com/dollar.jpg

Is that a one dollar bill?

I have not seen one of those in years.:p

TheDOCTORdre
10-19-2009, 02:08 PM
Nowadays Notre Dame and Ohio State suck and are media darlings in every preseason poll and thats why it looks ike USC is playing top out of conferece games, when in reality, they are laughers.

Bullaholic
10-19-2009, 02:08 PM
Is that a one dollar bill?

I have not seen one of those in years.:p

Yes, that is the once mighty dollar. :D

PPHSfan
10-19-2009, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Nowadays Notre Dame and Ohio State suck and are media darlings in every preseason poll and thats why it looks ike USC is playing top out of conferece games, when in reality, they are laughers.

Hater. LOL

They laughed about nine of those guys into the NFL last season, and will laugh about six more this year.

Talk to me the day after Thanksgiving.

CelinaCatFan
10-19-2009, 02:37 PM
I agree with Alabama being the best team in the country. Arkansas should have beaten Florida. The Hogs got spanked by the Crimson Tide.

As for USC, they are always the media darling. It's ridiculous how they are treated after a loss. The Pac10 is a weak conference compared to the SEC. No conference comes close to the SEC and its caliber of teams from top to bottom!

PPHSfan
10-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
I agree with Alabama being the best team in the country. Arkansas should have beaten Florida. The Hogs got spanked by the Crimson Tide.

As for USC, they are always the media darling. It's ridiculous how they are treated after a loss. The Pac10 is a weak conference compared to the SEC. No conference comes close to the SEC and its caliber of teams from top to bottom!

Opinions, Opinions, Opinions......give me FACTS.

What is Florida's record against the Pac-10 and the Big XII over the past ten years.

How has Texas fared against the Pac-10 and the SEC over the past ten years.

Then tell me what USC's record is against the SEC, the Big XII, and the Big 10 for the past ten years.

Give me FACTS. Not your opinion.

Phil C
10-19-2009, 04:21 PM
The main point is that Division 1 College Football needs a real playoff system.

Move The Chains
10-19-2009, 04:27 PM

http://www.pcpros-tx.com/dollar.jpg Bologna?

DaHop72
10-19-2009, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
Bologna? No, he means baloney.

ba⋅lo⋅ney  /bəˈloʊni/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [buh-loh-nee] Show IPA

–noun 1. Slang. foolishness; nonsense.
2. Informal. bologna.

–interjection 3. Slang. nonsense.

TheDOCTORdre
10-19-2009, 04:29 PM
Opinions, Opinions, Opinions......give me FACTS.

What is Florida's record against the Pac-10 and the Big XII over the past ten years.

How has Texas fared against the Pac-10 and the SEC over the past ten years.

Then tell me what USC's record is against the SEC, the Big XII, and the Big 10 for the past ten years.

Give me FACTS. Not your opinion.

Sorry but I cant find for the past 10 years but all time

USC is 29-9-2 all tme vs Big XII, 17-10-1 SEC (thru 2007)
Texas is 22-11 all time vs Pac 10

still looking for Texas vs SEC
and Floridas records

Move The Chains
10-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
No, he means baloney.

ba⋅lo⋅ney  /bəˈloʊni/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [buh-loh-nee] Show IPA

–noun 1. Slang. foolishness; nonsense.
2. Informal. bologna.

–interjection 3. Slang. nonsense. Hm. Good stuff. :thinking:

Bullaholic
10-19-2009, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
Hm. Good stuff. :thinking:

Bologna?? :D

Move The Chains
10-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Bologna?? :D Yeah, that sandwich stuff.

TheDOCTORdre
11-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Hater. LOL

They laughed about nine of those guys into the NFL last season, and will laugh about six more this year.

Talk to me the day after Thanksgiving.

Can I talk to you now?

formercougar18
11-15-2009, 11:38 PM
there should only be two conferences allowed to play in the national championship.....i think we know who they both are. The pac-10 is weak every year, and USC always loses to at least one team that is below average. The ACC and Big East should never be allowed to play in the national championship. The only other conference that has a decent team every once in awhile is the big 10. Ohio State, or Michigan will be good enough to play against the big boys every once in awhile. What i don't understand is why Notre Dame has just as much as a chance to go to the national championship every year as a BCS conference when they are not even in a conference.

slpybear the bullfan
11-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by formercougar18
there should only be two conferences allowed to play in the national championship.....i think we know who they both are. The pac-10 is weak every year, and USC always loses to at least one team that is below average. The ACC and Big East should never be allowed to play in the national championship. The only other conference that has a decent team every once in awhile is the big 10. Ohio State, or Michigan will be good enough to play against the big boys every once in awhile. What i don't understand is why Notre Dame has just as much as a chance to go to the national championship every year as a BCS conference when they are not even in a conference.

Because they schedule some tough teams... USC, Michigan, BC, etc. I wish they were in a conference, but at least they go schedule some tough games.

(Not a ND Fan either).

formercougar18
11-16-2009, 03:01 PM
ok....i have no idea how you can say that USC, Michigan, and BC were tough games this year. USC is broke, Michigan started well, but arent even in the top 25, and BC is not ranked either. All of those schools are traditionally good, but not in recent years other than USC who loses to a washington, or a stanford every year.